Comiket 86: 14.8 and IF II

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Comiket 86: 14.8 and IF II

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      I enjoy Kajishima’s minimalist approach to the design of the covers for the -IF- series. There’s something striking about such a simple stripe of color anchoring the text, like a ribbon holding the book together.

Rumor has it the 14.8 is about Geminar, curious to see where he takes things next in -IF- 2 and if it will remain mostly as a series of images with little text.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nil Admirari wrote:

Rumor has it the 14.8 is about Geminar,

The subtitle tells me that much. ;)

AstroNerdBoy
      I didn’t expect If II. Looking forward to seeing scans when they come out.
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Word on the street out of Comiket seems to confirm that Kajishima has no involvement in Tenchi Muyo: Ai (as we figured) but also appears that there’s no sign of an OVA4 or progress on another KM animated project at this time.
      Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Word on the street out of Comiket seems to confirm that Kajishima has no involvement in Tenchi Muyo: Ai (as we figured)

This will probably sound a bit meam but I think that makes me just slightly more excited for Ai. I’m not really a fan of the setting but hey! I’ll take what I can get.

Nil Admirari
      none
      First peeks of the inside.

http://i.minus.com/iDKlFkiT3DT7s.jpg" />

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      D’aww, Ryo-Ohki’s kids… dawohki1
      Anonymous
      http://i.minus.com/ibmCR1vbzKFZsJ.png" />

Looks like IF 2 is literally a redo of IF except that the 3 furry kids marry Amane’s son

WisperG
      Oh, Kajishima… Kiyofacepalm1
      NinjaboyMMGN
      From what I can tell from those to images…. Ryo-Ohki has three girls and those girls get with Senia’s second son… Eh! tenchiahhhhhh
      That boggles my mind: i.e. Ryo-ohki as a mother. Than again thinking of either Ryo-ohki or Sasami as adults

boggles my mind.

jgzinv
      At least he’s running out of men, woman, and animals to have incest with. Now on to the plants and minerals….

Shortly thereafter, clan masaki members will just marry themself, avoiding the great alimony and child support debt that will have destroyed jurai by that time.

Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none
      Sure, I’ll take that Tenchi is dumb enough to think that getting married to everyone is a good solution…but now Tenchi has sex with everyone and makes a ton of babies? And the ladies in the house are all cool with this?

Gotta love that main canon. wtfisthis1

TheFrieza
      Interesting… but in a good way :)

Thanks for the info Dagon123

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      It seems the future of Tenchi will once again, for many, be a fork in the road: there’s Kajishima’s vision, and then there’s Love. I used to be on board with all things Tenchi…then with recent releases circa mid 2000’s, I had to reevaluate my positions. Now in 2014, personally, I can’t support Kajishima in any way if this is his sincere vision for the future of the franchise. That doesn’t mean I don’t accept it as his vision, it doesn’t mean I won’t keep myself and others well-informed with his new releases, and it sure as hell doesn’t mean I can’t get along just fine with folks who do support said vision, but to put it bluntly, cabbit/human children in an incest-ridden polygamist compound is not what I signed up for in the summer of ’00. If that’s your cup of tea, fine, I won’t try to belittle anyone or knock it as inferior. It’s just not Tenchi for me.

It has yet to be seen how or even if Ai Tenchi Muyo! will be more up my alley, but here’s to hoping.

And you know what? Here’s to hoping Kajishima fans get whatever it is they’re looking for too, I’ll take a swig for everyone!

Yours dearly,

– Who

Crazed
      none
      Calling it now, if -If- 2 is about Amane’s son getting married to the furry kids then we will probably get an -If- 3 this winter where Ryoko Balta’s son gets married to Mihoshi and Noike’s daughters.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Why_Crazed/-If-/-If-3spolier_zpsed99b284.jpg" />

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

And you know what? Here’s to hoping Kajishima fans get whatever it is they’re looking for too, I’ll take a swig for everyone!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DT1XxgZvna0/Um5oHLhc_SI/AAAAAAAAHcc/KYOgEIUDVSg/s1600/cheers_leonardo_dicaprio.gif" />

As long as Tenchi has all girls and Seina has all boys, it’ll work out. ;)

Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

…but to put it bluntly, cabbit/human children in an incest-ridden polygamist compound is not what I signed up for in the summer of ’00. If that’s your cup of tea, fine, I won’t try to belittle anyone or knock it as inferior. It’s just not Tenchi for me.

It has yet to be seen how or even if Ai Tenchi Muyo! will be more up my alley, but here’s to hoping.

This is how I’m feeling right now. Ever since I learned about the so-called “Tenchi Solution”, I’ve been kind of wary about the franchise/series. I mean I thought the whole “marry everyone” was kind of goofy, but literally just everyone having sex with each other and their kids having sex with each other and…jesus man. I mean all these years I’ve really ignored the incest coming from the whole Jurai side of things just because…well…you know. But even the plots in the official releases suffer, OVA3 was really a chance to return to form and instead we just got some overly complex sci-fi nonsense and a slew of characters that nobody really cares about.

I won’t knock you if you like it, but I suppose I’m just a different kind of Tenchi fan.

I was not sure about the incest and inbreeding part of the series my self until a learn about the mission of the Choosin, to create a entity greater than themselves. The only real to improve any biological being is through breeding, and very often that means inbreeding. Inbreeding, after all is the only way to re-enforce the desire genes that Tenchi supplied his offspring. So if our three goddesses are still out to best themselves, then inbreeding would be the way to go.
      Anonymous

shadow_s_writer wrote:

The only real to improve any biological being is through breeding, and very often that means inbreeding.

This is just flat out wrong, inbred organisms are always biologically weaker than the generation before them. Golden Retrievers are bred for their look, but almost 99% of them get bad shoulders and bad knees and get terrible arthritis, why? Because those recessive genes that ordinarily would be suppressed are no longer suppressed. Mental Retardation and other mental disorders are more likely to happen with inbreeding as well. Nothing is improved.

Wikipedia – Inbreeding

shadow_s_writer wrote:

After all is the only way to re-enforce the desire genes that Tenchi supplied his offspring. So if our three goddesses are still out to best themselves, then inbreeding would be the way to go.

What desired genes and why? I’ll entertain this ridiculous idea simply to say, there is nothing currently stopping the three goddesses in the OVA from doing exactly what they did before, which would be far quicker than waiting hundreds of years to achieve anything through selective breeding, because you have diminishing returns with each generation anyway, these kids have shown no real powers as it were and probably never will (what with the OVA being a “No Conflict Zone” now) which brings us to

Crazed wrote:

Calling it now, if -If- 2 is about Amane’s son getting married to the furry kids then we will probably get an -If- 3 this winter where Ryoko Balta’s son gets married to Mihoshi and Noike’s daughters.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w609/Why_Crazed/-If-/-If-3spolier_zpsed99b284.jpg" />

Since we’re batting 2 for 3 here, if this is truly what the next -If- is going to be, then I’d say the OVA is over.

If this is truly Kajishima’s “Endgame” in a “what if” situation for the Tenchi gang, and this is all he can come up with, then I’d say we have a better chance of seeing another spin-off series or a 4th Movie before we see another OVA.

Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

If this is truly Kajishima’s “Endgame” in a “what if” situation for the Tenchi gang, and this is all he can come up with, then I’d say we have a better chance of seeing another spin-off series or a 4th Movie before we see another OVA.

I think this is the truest of words ever spoken.

Dagon123 wrote:

It’s not prophetic if you mention it AFTER it gets announced. I’d go so far as to say it is almost as if no one would want the OVA to actually continue or follow the adventures of Tenchi’s offspring.

http://i.imgur.com/He1A5Kn.gif" />

Anonymous

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

It’s not prophetic if you mention it AFTER it gets announced.

There was a really important word I used in there

Dagon123 wrote:

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

I’d go so far as to say it is almost as if no one would want the OVA to actually continue or follow the adventures of Tenchi’s offspring.

Probably the reason that Ai is being made in the first place and the kids and their lives are only being used in “what if” scenario doujins.

Besides there is no story to tell, all they do is grow up, and that is hilariously boring coming from Tenchi’s past of space travel and galactic gods, and even if there was any conflict that might arise to keep us interested, the suspension of disbelief is gone when one of the aunt’s can literally will that person out of existence.

So the OVA literally has nothing left to do, scratch that, it had plenty of things they COULD have done, but can no longer do because of the current state of the household.

Kajishima got what he wanted in the end, he wanted to end the “goddess arc” as it were and literally erase conflict from the main cast OVA continuity, and he did, and he’ll probably never get another anime contract because of it.

Or at least not involving the Tenchi Moyu franchise if fans have their way.
      AstroNerdBoy

Marty Kirra wrote:

Sure, I’ll take that Tenchi is dumb enough to think that getting married to everyone is a good solution…but now Tenchi has sex with everyone and makes a ton of babies? And the ladies in the house are all cool with this?

Gotta love that main canon. wtfisthis1

Yeah, cause NOTHING like this has ever happened in the history of mankind. ^_~

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

…to put it bluntly, cabbit/human children in an incest-ridden polygamist compound is not what I signed up for in the summer of ’00. If that’s your cup of tea, fine, I won’t try to belittle anyone or knock it as inferior. It’s just not Tenchi for me.

Yeah, ’cause there was no incest nor polygamy in OVA 1 or OVA 2. ^_~

Kidding aside, thanks to all who’ve provided the images. I’m looking forward to seeing more of the fun.

Dagon123 wrote:

I count AI as the “another” spin-off.

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

I’d go so far as to say it is almost as if no one would want the OVA to actually continue or follow the adventures of Tenchi’s offspring.

Dagon123 wrote:

Probably the reason that Ai is being made in the first place and the kids and their lives are only being used in “what if” scenario doujins.

Besides there is no story to tell, all they do is grow up, and that is hilariously boring coming from Tenchi’s past of space travel and galactic gods, and even if there was any conflict that might arise to keep us interested, the suspension of disbelief is gone when one of the aunt’s can literally will that person out of existence.

So the OVA literally has nothing left to do, scratch that, it had plenty of things they COULD have done, but can no longer do because of the current state of the household.

Kajishima got what he wanted in the end, he wanted to end the “goddess arc” as it were and literally erase conflict from the main cast OVA continuity, and he did, and he’ll probably never get another anime contract because of it.

What is a slice of life, Alex?
      Do not forget Tenchi is essentially a God at this point. There is no one above him, and everyone is now below him. With that in mind and saying we might never get another Kajishima anime contract, we all might as well call it GG and go play with our not-internet friends.

Come on now. Between hearing clamoring of rebooting and wanting the main continuity to end, people seem like they shouldn’t care about Kajishima’s work, but here we are discussing his newest doujins on the very same board where such opinions take root. You’re essentially saying there should be no more possibility of WoG continuations, no new anime for any new characters he adds, or anything of the like.

In the end, it is a conundrum that will never be solved. Perhaps it should be for the best he stops making doujins and letting the Tenchi franchise lay at rest, but for the time being, I like seeing how he would continue the story in any way he sees fit.

Anonymous

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Last time I checked, no one has successfully had sex with a cat rabbit spaceship and had children with it, so yes, that has NEVER happened in human history.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Just because there is a precedent, doesn’t mean that fans want it at all as you’ve clearly seen here.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Do not forget Tenchi is essentially a God at this point. There is no one above him, and everyone is now below him.

Oh, I certainly haven’t forgotten. Prob why lots of us “clamor” about these types of conundrums so much:

Dagon123 wrote:

and even if there was any conflict that might arise to keep us interested, the suspension of disbelief is gone when one of the aunt’s can literally will that person out of existence.

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

You’re essentially saying there should be no more possibility of WoG continuations, no new anime for any new characters he adds, or anything of the like.

Did some people say that? I for one sure haven’t, in fact I’ve gone on record saying I’d like more WoG (which even though it’s canon is a spinoff–sequel is a stretch, even Kaji himself didn’t have “TM” in title, like GXP–not OVA narrative directly);

Just for the record, but moving right along….
      [BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/sZGXc0wkjyk[/BBvideo]

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

In the end, it is a conundrum that will never be solved.

It may indeed be so.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

What does history of mankind and Tenchi content have to do with one another, pray tell? Civil war, genocide and revolutionary causes have all happened in the history of mankind…don’t mean I want/need it in Tenchi.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

…to put it bluntly, cabbit/human children in an incest-ridden polygamist compound is not what I signed up for in the summer of ’00. If that’s your cup of tea, fine, I won’t try to belittle anyone or knock it as inferior. It’s just not Tenchi for me.

You got me there. But I was always a bit uncomfortable with the sibling arranged marriage set up for Yosho and Ayeka, but I overlooked it (plus it didn’t actually happen!). Same with Azusa’s two wives–didn’t like it, but not a big deal. Then – If – comes out: he has children with not just more than one woman, but the eternal rivals of Ryoko and Ayeka at that: didn’t care for that at all, but still I took it. Then we find out he has kids with the cabbit…I’m hanging on by threads. It’s only just now, with part 2 and Ryo-Ohki’s kids that I’ve more-or-less said “so be it, it’s been fun, but I’m off the Kajishima band wagon, best of luck to everyone still on it” etc.

Which is why I said this in the first place, right off the bat:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

It seems the future of Tenchi will once again, for many, be a fork in the road: there’s Kajishima’s vision, and then there’s Love. I used to be on board with all things Tenchi…then with recent releases circa mid 2000’s, I had to reevaluate my positions. Now in 2014, personally, I can’t support Kajishima in any way if this is his sincere vision for the future of the franchise. That doesn’t mean I don’t accept it as his vision, it doesn’t mean I won’t keep myself and others well-informed with his new releases, and it sure as hell doesn’t mean I can’t get along just fine with folks who do support said vision, but to put it bluntly, cabbit/human children in an incest-ridden polygamist compound is not what I signed up for in the summer of ’00. If that’s your cup of tea, fine, I won’t try to belittle anyone or knock it as inferior. It’s just not Tenchi for me.

Yours dearly,

– Who

So, comments right afterwards such as…

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

but here we are discussing his newest doujins on the very same board where such opinions take root.

Sure. Why not? Because, again, I’m a Tenchi fan and staff on the modern-day presence in the fandom outside Japan, so of course I’m not only going to vouch for allowing said discussions on the board (and I do mean “discussing” not berating), but I’ll jump in from time to time as well…you know, if that’s okay with everyone. 😉

jgzinv
      Honestly pursuit of the doujins is not because those who are putting forth the money to do so are enthralled

with Kajishima’s direction, but because it is a form of Tenchi.

This is a Tenchi forum. It’s news. It draws fans in. Much less, we of all people are by far, faaaar the best

equipped and the most accurate at the translations, and only getting better.

In the same way, George Lucas backers will get in a tizzy if he were to make a magazine about Luke Starkiller

and starts his “true” original series, uncolored by other people in the production process.

However! There are other people in the fandom, classics and new alike, and their opinions are equally valid.

The majority, will prefer Star Wars. Now you could debate me on this, but, we actually have seen his original script

released by dark horse as a comic.

So here’s the thing. Everyone can hold to their ideals. You want to sing praises of the OVA, cool. Us Toonami kids want

to sing praises of Universe and the TMiL movies while looking forward to Ai, we’re allowed to do that too. Everyone has a

right to equal expression of their ideals and feelings within reason, unless it is laced with intent to cause another person harm.

Frankly, since the GXP era (that I was a part of), some part of the OVA backing community have just about become a cult in their

devotion to Kajishima and the “canon.” If Ai is a departure from that, then that group has had 15 years to see Kajishima work his magic and fulfill their wishes. Which just like in Star Wars, as Lucas has stated, the fans opinion don’t matter and it’s “his” work. On the side note, it’s well known among the older members, that Kajishima wasn’t even aware of the English speaking world of Tenchi fandom. Why would one assume he would listen to fans he has no contact with, in another culture, a third of the way around the globe? Our opinions over here (and by here I mean “not Japan”) just don’t matter to him over there.

So with that established. After all that, and the excerpts from the doujinshi over the years… then what have the OVA fans, both old or new, have to worry about? NOTHING. Because nothing will change. Kajishima will continue to do his thing, as he has for the last 15 years. If he really wants to sell more anime variations of his story, or WoG, Paradise War, etc. Then he is entirely capable as a creator to do due diligence and work hard, promo his work to a studio, and work up the ladder like everyone else.

In short / in general, if you have so much faith in him, then what have you to worry about; while demeaning other fans, who after 15 years, are finally getting something new? If anything, this will serve to route people back to the OVA.

tldr: Let people like what they like. Get along. It’s too much of an exciting time in Tenchi, to be harping on other fans, even if

they don’t agree with your views. Ride the wave like Dandy baby…

“We want more Dual!” Watch me get on that spinoff topic…

I think that they do pay more attention to what the fans think then they let on.I don’t think we would even have

a new series in the works if it weren’t that at some point the fans demanded more Tenchi.

True it might be just the Japanese fans that they’re listening to,but still if there weren’t a demand for more

Tenchi coming from Japan then Aiwould probably not be even a speck in Kajishima’s eye.

That said I really don’t think we will see any more Dual unless someone can come up for a good idea for

either a movie or a new OVA series.

WisperG
      Is that… Chiaia? If so, it gets the WisperG seal of approval! iloveit1

At least it’s not a harem ending… yet 🙄

I really hope the next page doesn’t show him getting hitched to gal #2…

Anonymous

WisperG wrote:

At least it’s not a harem ending… yet 🙄

I really hope the next page doesn’t show him getting hitched to gal #2…

I have to say, that was my first initial response was “Wow, is there actually going to be a single marriage in a Tenchi OVA centric show? color me impressed” especially seeing Mexiah being there.

But, we also haven’t seen the full doujin yet so I’m not even going to hedge my bets on that one.

It’s always a good idea to hedge your bets,though a Chiaia/Kenshi wedding would please me to no end.OTOH,

what about the fact that Yukine seems to be the one girl that Kenshi seems to really be in love with?

Also with Mexiah does it mean he gets Doll as well?And we all thought Tenchi’s harem was crazy! 😆

AstroNerdBoy
      I miss True Sheol. *sigh*

I’m a bit surprised more images from the new doujinshi haven’t come up, nor the note from Kajishima-sensei at the end of 14.8. (Unless I missed it, which the way things are these days, I wouldn’t be surprised.)

Nobuyuki
      Participant

WisperG wrote:

Chiaia’s mother, actually.

WisperG

Nobuyuki wrote:

WisperG wrote:

Chiaia’s mother, actually.

Whaaaaa…? You’ve got to be kidding… Kiyofacepalm1

Kenshi is marrying her mother? WHY!? Her father is still alive right? wth2

Her mother doesn’t even appear in the show, does she?

I should have known the seemingly normal wedding was too good to be true. For me, this just goes too far into creepy/weird territory. I can mostly put up with the Masaki household’s incest-fest, but Kenshi marrying an already married woman that also happens to be the mother of another girl who could very well end up in his harem just rubs me the wrong way. Some other’s seemed to have a similar reaction to the newest edition of IF, but for me this appears like it will be pretty much the last nail in the coffin for the OVA-verse.

I will wait for translations before abandoning all hope, but I’m not expecting much…

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I don’t even think it’s a wedding so much as a formal intro.
      WisperG

Nobuyuki wrote:

You think so? I hope you’re right, but at first glance, especially with the veil, it really looks like a wedding to me.

Are there any pics of Geminar formal wear for women that would help substantiate that view?
      highgear56
      I didn’t want to make a new thread regarding this and I didn’t see an existing thread regarding the anime shorts coming soon, but…

Are the original characters going to be in it? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-22/ai-tenchi-muyo-premise-new-characters-unveiled/.77923 says nothing about it other than Washu causing some trouble to set the stage.

If the original characters won’t be a part of it whatsoever, that’s really lame considering how generic these new characters look.

Anonymous

highgear56 wrote:

I didn’t want to make a new thread regarding this and I didn’t see an existing thread regarding the anime shorts coming soon, but…

Are the original characters going to be in it? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-22/ai-tenchi-muyo-premise-new-characters-unveiled/.77923 says nothing about it other than Washu causing some trouble to set the stage.

If the original characters won’t be a part of it whatsoever, that’s really lame considering how generic these new characters look.

Negishi has been slowly releasing info on his twitter, and he off mentioned that he (obviously) couldn’t divulge everything right now, but he mentioned Ayeka returning, so naturally, as we’ve been telling everyone since day 1 of the announcement, they will be there, you just have to wait and be patient

WisperG

highgear56 wrote:

We actually do have a thread for the new series! mmhmm1

Feel free to continue discussing it over there:

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1303&start=110

~~

And Dagon, do you have a link to his Twitter? I’d love to take a look.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

WisperG wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

You think so? I hope you’re right, but at first glance, especially with the veil, it really looks like a wedding to me.

“And do you, Kenshi, take this woman to be your lawfully-wedded mother-in-law?”

julia
      ^LOL!
      iloveit1

The head explodes thinking of the resulting tangled relationships IF this actually happened.

OK, it been awhile, but I still out here.

Here is a question, does anyone recognize that women behind Amane on the wedding page of IF2? And while we are at it, who is that standing next to Amane son it the drawing above that picture? Also, while it appears this it another of those mommy arranged wedding Kajishima-Sensei like so much, why are there not any escape attempts like Yosho’s?

Final, any sign of a major clue poster like Decembers?

jgzinv
      It’s the humanoid version of Fuku. She’s in the background of the princess page 9 and on 8 in the right corner too.

Looks like Seto, freaky as all get out and not in a good way.

Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

Nope, definitely a wedding.

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1345&p=24797#p24797

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Oh, well. I’ve been wrong before.

tenchiahhhhhh badass1

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

Kiyofacepalm1

Lemme guess, while still going with the whole ‘marry Chiaia and all the girls’ bit? IF that’s true (marrying a girl AND her mother)* then I’m throwing any attempt at neutrality out the window, as of right now. Congrats, Mr. Kajishima, you broke me, and you’re one step closer to your ultimate vision of scaring off any remnants of your fan-base.

Anymore, how can you honestly say you’re onboard with this man’s vision for Tenchi/related series? Seriously.

(P.S. Rhetorical question, I don’t think I actually want to know.)

*this is, of course, on top of the previously-revealed polygamy, incest, borderline bestiality, polygamous incest, bestial polygamous incest, etc.

AstroNerdBoy
      Awesome. Glad to see that translated. Sad to hear that Kajishima-sensei’s anime isn’t making much progress. I have this funny feeling it will hinge on Ai Tenchi Muyo, but I could be wrong.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

Kiyofacepalm1

Lemme guess, while still going with the whole ‘marry Chiaia and all the girls’ bit? IF that’s true (marrying a girl AND her mother)* then I’m throwing any attempt at neutrality out the window, as of right now. Congrats, Mr. Kajishima, you broke me, and you’re one step closer to your ultimate vision of scaring off any remnants of your fan-base.

Anymore, how can you honestly say you’re onboard with this man’s vision for Tenchi/related series? Seriously.

(P.S. Rhetorical question, I don’t think I actually want to know.)

*this is, of course, on top of the previously-revealed polygamy, incest, borderline bestiality, polygamous incest, bestial polygamous incest, etc.

wwwwhhhhoooo, don’t jump to conclusions, no one said that kenshi is married to Chiaia and her mother at the same time, in fact I suspect that on Geminar they have “serial polygamy,” just like the good old USA. My guess is that Chiaia mother is trying to jump the line by claiming Chiaia is too young, and therefore taking her daughter’s place. Now you can’t tell me that something one Kajishima-sensei characters would never do.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      We don’t really know all the cultural details of Geminar yet, except that (per the show) male Seikijin, being rare, are placed in arranged marriages with female Sekijin.

They do seem to be getting along well, however.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/10_zpsfa522790.jpg" />

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

shadow_s_writer wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo, don’t jump to conclusions, no one said that kenshi is married to Chiaia and her mother at the same time, in fact I suspect that on Geminar they have “serial polygamy,” just like the good old USA. My guess is that Chiaia mother is trying to jump the line by claiming Chiaia is too young, and therefore taking her daughter’s place. Now you can’t tell me that something one Kajishima-sensei characters would never do.

Hey, I hope I’m wrong. But, uh, yeah, “jumping to conclusions” yeah, people neeeeeever do that when speculating about upcoming material. :-?

shadow_s_writer wrote:

This would seem explain the “If” Doujin released at the last ComiKet. It had no story line per say , but show a history of Tenchi’s and Siena’s children. If these are similar to previous short works by Kajishima Misaki, these will not be full anime, but more of a video slideshow with audio soundtracks. This would be an excellent way of covering a family history in Kajishima’s day in a life style of storytelling.

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1303&p=23855#p23855” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1303&p=23855#p23855

tl;dr paraphrased: ‘New Tenchi series released? Well it has to be Kajishima’s latest doujin!’ :-| (yeah, we all sometimes “jump” in a mutually-understood context of the hypothetical).

There I am, trying to be helpful, defuse the situation and….

BTW, when you quote from two different posting, it will help reader to understand your point if you clear make them as such, and clearly state the order they were published. It would help the reader understand your point. (I even had trouble understanding your meaning and I wrote the quotes.)

What exactly is ‘serial polygamy’? I don’t think I heard of it before.

Also would Chiaia’s mother then be considered Kenshi’s first or primary wife and if so would she have the right

to ok any of his further marriages?

greenthumb30
      Participant
      What ever became of “IF” ? No developments?
      Anonymous

greenthumb30 wrote:

It happened? lol (and possibly will have a third “IF” at this latest Comiket if our guesses are correct)

Aside from the fact that no announcement was ever made that IF was or would become an anime, retrospectively, very, very little from Kajishima’s doujins have made it into anime form.

Nil Admirari
      none

greenthumb30 wrote:

Nothing yet. Other than releasing “IF II”, and the belief that he may continue releasing a new “IF” volume with each of his Comiket releases. He’d mentioned thinking about doing so in his afterword in 13.12, which was released alongside the first “IF”. The next Comiket is only a few weeks away, so we’ll find out then if an “IF III” is coming along, or if he’ll have any new projects coming that use the thoughts from “IF” as a basis.

greenthumb30
      Participant
      Thank you both for clarifying.
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.