Comiket 87 – Doujins & Peaches

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Comiket 87 – Doujins & Peaches

• This topic is empty.
    none
    It’s that time of the year again. Winter Comiket is right around the corner and this year is super exciting for fans of Tenchi Muyo. Ai Tenchi will have representation with limited run merch seen here and here. And as always, Masaki Kajishima will be representing himself with his usual booth featuring doujins and potentially other art (There was a poster present at one of the previous ones that wasn’t for sale at the time). Let’s get ourselves ready. It’s an exciting time to be a Tenchi fan!
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      I suppose the obvious question needs to be if we’re placing an order for anything besides doujins…
      Crazed
      none
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B55pk-5CIAAwB7Q.jpg:large" />

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B53l5T_CQAAulQc.png:large" />

So, this year we’ve got not one but two -If- doujins along with Sekishi Ban 14.12.

There’s also this poster.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B55q5pfCIAAi4nQ.jpg:large" />

Nil Admirari
      none
      Looks like the Seikishi wedding ceremonies are going to be quite a handful. Interesting that There’s an -If- IIIa with a blue stripe, but another doujin with the green stripe he used before.
      Crazed
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Looks like the Seikishi wedding ceremonies are going to be quite a handful. Interesting that There’s an -If- IIa with a blue stripe, but another doujin with the green stripe he used before.

I have a feeling that the one with the green stripe is going to be a more text heavy version of -If- with some kind of story regarding all the -If-‘s thus far. The one with the blue stripe is actually -If- III a which to me means that -If- III b will probably come out at next summer’s Comiket.

Nil Admirari
      none

Crazed wrote:

Nil Admirari wrote:

Looks like the Seikishi wedding ceremonies are going to be quite a handful. Interesting that There’s an -If- IIa with a blue stripe, but another doujin with the green stripe he used before.

I have a feeling that the one with the green stripe is going to be a more text heavy version of -If- with some kind of story regarding all the -If-‘s thus far. The one with the blue stripe is actually -If- III a which to me means that -If- III b will probably come out at next summer’s Comiket.

Whoops, typoed that. He’s certainly going hard on the -If- theme though.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nil Admirari wrote:

Whoops, typoed that. He’s certainly going hard on the -If- theme though.

It’s quick&easy.

Nil Admirari
      none
      The title of the green-striped doujin suggests that it will be an issue dedicated to showing the kids growing up at school, and it is listed as “Part 1”. It also suggests, via the “仮”, that the content of whatever is in this particular doujin is subject to change.

何かを育てるなんて小学校依頼だ(仮) その一

http://i.minus.com/ibuMhohl6wm6MF.jpg" />

Zaidel
      Participant
      So when can we expect to see scans of the new comiket stuff for Tenchi?
      jgzinv
      Soonish?

We already have them, there are just some other complications.

There’s no text to speak of in either if.

14.12 is a mass text dump continuation of the previous 14.08 so more Kenshi getting jiggy with Chaia’s mother.

The green IF seems to be post 14.12 or SKS in general. Pretty hard to determine much until some clues are pulled from the end of 14.12.

Nothing earth shattering, no new ova or kajishima run projects if that’s what you’re holding out hope for. Noike and Mihoshi had kids by Tenchi too, but we knew that already.

OVA Tenchi is kinda dead. It simply isn’t the focus anymore.

Anonymous
      WisperG
      So, his projects aren’t going anywhere, yet if he stays busy there may be an anime next year? Those two statements seem to contradict each other.

I’m kinda curious what he has to say in GXP #11’s afterword. I don’t suppose that’s planned for translation as well?

jgzinv
      Pretty sure none of us have the GXP novels as a full set. It’s not exactly a favorite of many anyway.

If you wanted to import the book and make the afterword available, that might be something else.

Anonymous

WisperG wrote:

So, his projects aren’t going anywhere, yet if he stays busy there may be an anime next year? Those two statements seem to contradict each other.

I’m kinda curious what he has to say in GXP #11’s afterword. I don’t suppose that’s planned for translation as well?

Much like he’s done over the last few years, he’s just talking out of his ass, essentially the Kajishima version of “Be Excited for E3.”

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.