Destiny

Forums Off Topic Video Games Destiny

• This topic is empty.
    Destiny. The finally revealed title of Bungie’s latest game, revealed over the weekend. Now first off I want to say that I love Bungie. I love everything they’ve ever done, they’ve us one of the biggest name’s in gaming history. And after reading the article on kotaku yesterday…I was floored by it. Just from the concept art and what little video they had, it just looked amazing. So here is said article, Kotaku-Destiny Reveal when you get a minute look over this because, I want to know who else will be playing this. I just preordered mine tonight (and got a sweet bonus poster). If this game turns out to be half as good as what they revealed is…I may just have a new favorite game of all time.

In short, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR DESTINY!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      Well I was hoping to eventually make a thread on it…

I am hopeful for it, but I want a lot more hard details before I go looking at my bank account.

It’s still at least a year off, but my own dream of a fully VR, fully persistent world is getting ever closer via small steps like this. It is an exciting time to be a gamer.

Star Citizen and Destiny will be interesting distractions for a while.

I do wonder if they aren’t a little too deep on SW: TOR’s area.. and you see how they crumbled

like a house of cards. It truly will depend on how deep they are going to make this.

I did actually like the plan to limit the number of people visible by you in the universe so the world population appears legitimate. That’s not only a unprecedented choice, but the correct one for what they are trying to do.

Almael
      Huh? What’s that? First time hearing.

Anyway, it sounds like WoW as a shooter mixed with Star Trek: Hidden Evil -> Mass Effect/Halo.

Not particularly interested but if I come across it I won’t pass up.

ryokofan21
      JG, you’re absolutely right, in all areas. I myself have been a little concerned about it. Bungie has stated that it will be coming out for the 360 but with all this talk of next gen consoles coming out this year is leaving a little skeptical.

BUT…this game is coming from Bungie. So for right now I am extremely hopeful for it. But i’m like you, I’d still like more definitive details before I fully pay it off. And I usually don’t go for the big expensive versions of games, but if there is going to be like a “Legendary” edition of Destiny I will definitely be getting it. :D

jgzinv
      I dunno. Traditionally I think we are about three to four generations away from a worthwhile prototype of a proper vrmmo with staying power. This is just the groundwork phase… We’re still infants.

JGZinv wrote:

I dunno. Traditionally I think we are about three to four generations away from a worthwhile prototype of a proper vrmmo with staying power. This is just the groundwork phase… We’re still infants.

That need a diaper change from time to time to whisk away the smell of Call Of Duty, since it’s Activision publishing this. Anyone else wondering how Kotick’ll run it into the ground?

jgzinv
      Microtransactions…. and a new chapter of the Destiny book every… 3-6 months.

JGZinv wrote:

Microtransactions…. and a new chapter of the Destiny book every… 3-6 months.

Yep- sounds about right.

ryokofan21
      Okay I know most of us that are going to get Destiny might get it one either the PS4 or XBOX One (which had a recent policy change btw). But, if anyone is going to get it for the the 360, I’m open to anyone who wants to be part of a fireteam. I know it’s not coming out until next year, but i’m extremely excited about this game.
      Kiyoka

ryokofan21 wrote:

Okay I know most of us that are going to get Destiny might get it one either the PS4 or XBOX One (which had a recent policy change btw). But, if anyone is going to get it for the the 360, I’m open to anyone who wants to be part of a fireteam. I know it’s not coming out until next year, but i’m extremely excited about this game.

I’m in no rush to get a next gen (apart from Wii U this xmas), so I’ll be getting it on Xbox360 :washu:

jgzinv
      DRM changes or not, an Xbone is $500 and I’m neither going to pay that or

jump back into M$ arms. Once live runs out it runs out for me (which will be into next year).

I may or may not get a PS4, depends on a few things, what really is the advantage games are

going to have vs. if I stick it in a 360 or a PS3? No one’s really said.

If I do something though, I’m also on PS+ now, I’ll likely get it for that instead.

90% of my friends list on XBL doesn’t have my games, or doesn’t want to play… so yeah.

isawitplz

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I must say, I haven’t even heard of this game until just recently and since i watched gameplay it has my attention. I’m a huge Borderlands fan, and this game looks like it has the works of Borderlands, Mass Effect and Halo all in one. A definite must for me ^.^
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      ryokofan21
      Hey everyone, sorry to be gone so long. Anyway I have 2 Destiny Beta codes remaining if anyone wants in. PM me if you are interested.
      jgzinv
      I know someone that wants a 360 code, I have one Xbone code left.
      Crazed
      none
      Beta characters won’t transfer to full version of Destiny

Quote:

Well, according to Bungie designer Tyson Green, things have changed just too much. “The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled,” Green wrote in a Bungie news post. “Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/11/beta-characters-wont-transfer-to-full-version-of-destiny/” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/11/beta-characters-wont-transfer-to-full-version-of-destiny/

Sure glad I spent all that time building my character Kiyofacepalm1

jgzinv
      Yeah or that lvl 8 sniper that dealt 65 dmg without upgrades.

All three classes to lvl 8…

Sigh, kinda expected it.

Anonymous
      hello ryokofan, nice to meet you i’m a ryoko fan aswell.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      My roommate is an avid Destiny… player? Maybe master would be a better term – he knows his stuff!

So… if you run into Raikar while out there in the Crucible (or Iron Banner… or Nightfall… or anywhere else) take note of the awesome and fun person that you just passed and send him a message of greeting- ooohhh… that’s right. No text capabilities.

Durn consoles not having keyboards. T_T

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      What the-? No way. I just typed the keyword for one of the smilies… completely by coincidence? No way. No… noway.

No way.

What? o_O

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.