Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 1-5

• This topic is empty.
    Discussion for episodes 1-5
Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/ibqx0s40KA62nD.JPG" />

2 days left until the first episode airs! After initial confusion relating to the show’s announcement months back, it seems as though fans are finally starting to get hyped about seeing the characters they love again. This week marks the first week of Ai Tenchi Muyo, with an episode due to air every weekday. What do you think will be going on in this new series? Picking a favorite of the new girls to cheer on, or sticking with the original cast? Who put that cable ther- WASHU!

Let’s get some pretalk going!

rtil
      still wondering what fansub group might pick this up since it is not airing on crunchyroll or any streaming service i know of
      Nil Admirari
      none

rtil wrote:

still wondering what fansub group might pick this up since it is not airing on crunchyroll or any streaming service i know of

The only service we know of so far is a simulcast and limited VOD via Niconico, but that probably won’t be of much use to the english speaking audience. I took a poke around at a bunch of Sub groups and I didn’t see any of them claim the show yet.

Speaking of the show, I think this is one of the first shots we’ve gotten yet of the show proper and not just promo art!

http://i3.minus.com/iLuuAxxJE26uB.jpg" />

Hachiko stickin close to her Momo~

jgzinv
      Animation looks fine to me… I’ve seen a lot worse.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I’m pumped to see my classic Tenchi girls with an “updated” look. And with (almost) all the main cast returning, it’ll be a true reincarnation.

And what’s more, unlike any Tenchi series before, I have a cool place and awesome peeps to revel in the experience with as it happens. Shweet.

SnowQueen
      Im super excited now for this! And I convinced my friend who claimed she will never watch Tenchi to watch this with me! mmhmm1 and I bashed the new characters before but I must say I’m excited to see who my favorite is going to be. :)
      Nil Admirari
      none
      I’m pulling for Ukan, myself.

http://i.minus.com/i9UEmFdCkXUXV.png" />

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlAx4Dok38[/BBvideo]

Couldn’t help myself

Nil Admirari
      none
      Episode 1:

http://i.minus.com/ibyo8ePN4ZRNZg.gif" />

Pretty quick introduction to all of the new girls sans Beni. Pretty good job of easily knocking out the basics for each character in such a microscopic timeframe. The only two we didn’t get a good lock on were Hana and Momo. Besides the gratuitious panty shot, they didn’t waste much time at all. Of course, this is just an intro episode and the pacing will likely be this fast for the next few just so we can learn about the girls. Negishi has said that the show really does come together nicely when watched all at once, about 150 minutes of animation in total.

Too early to call anything yet, but I’m strapped in and ready to see where this goes.

SnowQueen
      For the time frame they did a good job of giving us a glimpse of the girls and their quirks. I have to say Hachiko-san is very adorable in this first episode and I’m interested to see and learn more about the girls. I am quite intrested in Hana myself and I can’t wait for the second episode! glad it isn’t just once a week but every week day! hope it gets subbed soon!
      I not sure about this, starting with Fan-service is not a good sign, And setting the new character up for flowers on their desks does not improve things ( can you see Ryoko and Ayeka letting this behavior past.)
      Nil Admirari
      none

shadow_s_writer wrote:

I not sure about this, starting with Fan-service is not a good sign, And setting the new character up for flowers on their desks does not improve things ( can you see Ryoko and Ayeka letting this behavior past.)

I’m willing to accept we’ll probably have to sit through a few of the modern day tropes here and there. I’m not a fan of the panty sitting/shot but so long as this isn’t something that occurs every single episode it’ll be fine.

Crazed
      none
      The fan service didn’t bother me all that much, nor do I think that it starting with that is necessarily a bad sign. Fact of the matter is that it’s a modern anime, so naturally, it’s going to have that in there as most tend to do. Was it a bit jarring? Sure. A deal breaker? No, at least not for me. As far as all the new girls getting close to him the way they did/will do in the future I can see that putting Tenchi in a situation where he will receive the ire of both Ryoko and Ayeka when they do eventually show up, which makes me believe that when that happens they will try and cause some kind of trouble for him or the new girls. Who knows? Maybe Ryoko will attempt to blow up the school, but in an attempt to keep him from going back this time around.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Having watched the episode a few times now, I thought it was a nice little introduction. We get a brief glimpse of all the new characters interacting with Tenchi for a few seconds before scurrying away after Momo. Naturally, poor “Mr. Masaki” gets run down, sat on, thrown down, entangled and generally disregarded before finally getting to, what I expect is, home room. I am pleased to see on his identification that he is 22-years-old, a nice change from his usual 16-17 start. Tenchismile

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2014-10-06-17h52m40s196_zpsc2c9636a.png" />

While the panty nonsense was just that, I was fairly curious as to why the compass was spinning wildly. Again, the general description of the series is that Washu has done something. I am already looking for what might be a hint in that direction. Moreover, why was everyone chasing Momo? What did she do to stir up the entire troupe? woooo1

I am interested to see where Tenchi’s new students, and his creepy mentor/superior, have in store for our hapless protagonist. However, I am eager to see our classic heroines make their newest debut. We might see some fireworks once word gets out about how Tenchi’s students treat their teacher. badass1

SnowQueen
      I also liked the fact that Tenchi was in his 20’s as well ^_^ and as to why everyone is chasing after Momo…because she’s adorable and has adorable peach underwear? ^^;;
      jgzinv
      Here’s what his ID card says.

征木天地

Masaki Tenchi

ID-JA4580375

bar code

性別:男

年齢:2 2

出身:岡山県

県立〇x総合大学教育学部在籍

Tenchi Masaki

Masaki Tenchi

ID-JA4580375

Birthplace: Okayama Prefecture

〇X Prefectural University of Education, Registered Faculty

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/iqA0Wlal3q9Qb.png" />

First episode is now fansubbed gendo1

Anonymous
      That was a fun little episode! the opener was a tad cliche but I’m liking the characters so far, I’m really looking forward to seeing Beni show up! Good work everybody!
      rtil
      this short format does not lend any good story favors. we met some characters.. and that’s it. and now we have to wait a week to see a little more. Kiyofacepalm1
      Nil Admirari
      none

rtil wrote:

this short format does not lend any good story favors. we met some characters.. and that’s it. and now we have to wait a week to see a little more. Kiyofacepalm1

It’s actually every weekday. kiyonesmile1

highgear56
      I see the new episodes are taking a cue from modern anime in being more perverted. Panties in Tenchi’s face in the first minute already.

It’s goofy and meant to be, I get it. I just hope if a full length series comes out that they’ll actually try to make the personalities feel more realistic like in the OVAs.

jgzinv
      If you are referring to “realistic” as the OAV or Universe lines, Tenchi’d have popped a nose bleed and ran away behind something.

Here he’s fully functional and wants an apology for essentially dive bombing a teacher. I think in a small way it shows Tenchi has grown up some.

Welcome to 2014.

Nil Admirari
      none
      I think he may be referring more to the females as well, seeing as how Momo was the one who faceplanted Tenchi.

http://i.minus.com/i1zyGg5i6IWwf.gif" />

Episode 2:

The rapid-fire introductions continue. Beni still nowhere in sight, but at least we’re getting more clues into each girl’s role at the school. Though why exactly Hachiko has an Iron Maiden in the school is quite the mystery. Also of note was the Pico hammer, while it may be a common joke prop, I’d like to think of it as a callback to the Mihoshi Special. And did we get a sneak peek at who I thought we did? dawohki1

Overall, fairly solid but still rough around the edges. We’re strapped onto a rocketship at this point and you-know-who is at the launch console. Doing well with the 3 minutes they have, it’s just a pacing this show’s never had before.

WisperG
      So, Episode 2. I… wave to idea what the heck I just watched wth2

I need subs! rageblow1

Also, Washu cameo iloveit1

rtil

Nil Admirari wrote:

rtil wrote:

It’s actually every weekday. Kiyofacepalm1

that’s a lot better, then. i always hated waiting a week for short format anime

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Overall, fairly solid but still rough around the edges. We’re strapped onto a rocketship at this point and you-know-who is at the launch console. Doing well with the 3 minutes they have, it’s just a pacing this show’s never had before.

Summed up nicely mi amigo, especially that last part: we’re in virgin territory here (obligatory lol) in numerous ways (animation, format, cast, and perhaps most important, reintroducing Tenchi in what I’m calling off the top of my head the “Post-GXP era” of TM!).

The new girls are definitely one dimensional thus far, and unfortunately with the time limit constraints I think it would be unfair to try to prop them up next to The Girls character-wise, as they simply won’t have the room needed to grow. But that’s okay, as Ai has been advertised from the beginning as a fun celebration of Tenchi as a franchise (Tenchi himself being 22 years old? Hello hint!), and even after essentially only ten minutes of screen time as of this post (less than that, really) I can already tell that’s exactly what these students will be bringing to the table (or, iron maiden, as the case may be).*

I’m already pleasantly surprised at seeing an inkling of an appearance of a certain classic character in only the second episode!
      Washu!

And unlike other Tenchi incarnations, War on Geminar I take solace in knowing that this ain’t the last time we’ll see her!

I can hardly wait for tomorrow’s installment.

P. S. Keep up the great subbing work everyone! From all of us: THANK YOU!!! iloveit1

*Seriously, an iron maiden? Why? Guess I’ll watch and find out!

Nil Admirari
      none

rtil wrote:

Nil Admirari wrote:

rtil wrote:

Whoops, I clicked the wrong Kiyone smiley there! Fixed~

http://i.minus.com/iVJFrSCC1KEJr.png" />

Episode 2 is now fansubbed and ready!

WisperG

Nil Admirari wrote:

rtil wrote:

Nil Admirari wrote:

Whoops, I clicked the wrong Kiyone smiley there! Fixed~

No need to change it. You must live with your mistakes! rageblow1

I actually thought your initial response was perfect. Even though you corrected him, you still gave the facepalm. It made your response come of as being quite funny, like you were mimicking his gloomy outlook (no offense rtil!) in a tongue-in-cheek way.

mmhmm1

Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none
      Geeze…”five” minutes huh?

Can’t say too much so far. Not a huge fan of “LOLZ GIRL’S UNDERWEAR”, I do like the look and animation of the show though. Very clean? If anything, right now it feels like Tenchi just stumbled into another show with it’s own cast of characters we’re supposed to be familiar with.

I hope some OG people show up soon.

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Episode 2 gives a bit more of a glimpse into the student council clique of characters: Momo, Hachiko, Hana, and Tori. We get to see their respective arm/leg bands of their positions, as well as how they interact as a unit. Momo is the naive leader, Hachiko the muscle, Tori the brains, and Hana the seductress. They get to show Tenchi around the school before a… private testing session. wth2 This particular scene seems a throwback to the “Night Before the Carnival” special between OVA series 1 and 2. Needless to say, how’s our hapless hero going to get out of this? ^^;

However, the main highlight of this episode is that Tenchi is being watched by a crab-shaped device on the wall. For a moment, we see her in the lab, observing, waiting. You know her name. gendo1 Folks, we have one confirmed classic character appearance, admittedly longer than her silhouetted cameo in Saint Knight’s Tale. blush1 Now, what is she doing? Considering Tenchi’s wiped, or just outright nonexistent, school records, one does wonder. Tenchi’s students are certainly wondering, and highly protective of Momo. That begs the question as to how important our pink-haired class president is. woooo1

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I like Monkey already.
      WisperG
      Epispde 3

I am so lost. But hey, look at that! A wild plot appeared! http://pinkkittyrose.com/forums/images/smilies/64_pokeball.png" />

How did we go from Tenchi in bondage to being back at his house to being sent by Washu into another dimension that seems to have counterparts for people from his world (not unlike Dual)?

But since Tenchi didn’t seem to make the connection between young Momo and high school Momo, I assume this must have happened before he was sent to the school.

And the younger Momo was in a spaceship at the beginning for some reason, even though Tenchi seems to have been sent to a feudal Japan-like world. I guess she’s more important to the story than we initially would have assumed.

Nil Admirari
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

I like Monkey already.

She’s got a way about her, huh? badass1

Now, onto the important things! First:

http://i.minus.com/iRUt0mfAHz4oC.png" />

Episode 3 is now subtitled and ready!

http://i.minus.com/ivtGDaPeCwosW.gif" />

And now, my thoughts. Episode 3:

Washu’s up to her usual dirty tricks, gettin Tenchi all hooked up to her high tech torture chamber-esque machines. She’s scheming something and wants to use Tenchi as her pawn. And now we’ve seen Momo as a child and up in space. Judging by how Tenchi had to infiltrate the school because of something she did, this would be a prequel episode and will lead us to the set-up on why Tenchi has to be at the school in the first place. Or it could simply be a total alternate dimension where Momo just so happens to be 12 years old right now.

Either way, things are starting to pick up now that we’re away from the character intro stuff. Though, if we go by the picture on Ai Tenchi’s twitter, we’ll be getting introduced to Beni tomorrow.

rtil
      http://i.imgur.com/YiQeVfh.png" />

this is an interesting looking ship. its design is unfamiliar to me. i wonder if the other pilot is Beni?

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Watching episode 3 myself, I am very hyped about the series. This episode has the look and feel of a more traditional Tenchi episode, particularly the “Time and Space Adventures” from Universe. Even the notion of tossing Tenchi into history or a parallel dimension for whatever purpose has been a common plot device in both TMiL! films, which were both directed by Negishi. mmhmm1 Naturally, this episode explains Washu observing Tenchi through the crab insigne on the wall.

Now, to Pii’s speculation. gendo1

Washu conducted an experiment and likely wrapped Momo and the crew of her ship into multiple universes. That could explain why someone like Beni is on the bridge of the ship. Perhaps like the “Time and Space Adventures”, the crew of the ship were scattered, and Tenchi has been collecting them one by one into a common universe for retrieval. They may not remember their original lives, like Tenchi and company in their ideal worlds. Tenchi starts off getting dropped into what looks like feudal Japan, and finding someone very much like Momo, one of the people he apparently was sent to find.

Again, this is purely speculation from the evidence given and Negishi’s track record. blush1 Let’s see what happens! kiyonesmile1

Soul
      Participant
      I don’t want to say I’m blown away yet, but I’m extremely impressed, especially after episode 3.

Negishi and crew know how to use the episode length, WELL. Though, yeah; the show’s biggest downer is the length, episode 3 showed that they can progress the plot and give out backstory extremely well within their elated time.

Continuing that note, I get the same nostalgia from this as I did watching Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods; we know Tenchi, his abilities and his original harem of girls; now we have a new story and new girls to get to know. Personally, I’m stoked.

As for current episode thoughts, glad we see hints of Tenchi’s abilities in episode 2 and I’m interested in what Washu’s involvement is with all this is plus, Momo’s connection to Tenchi based on episode 3.

That end to episode 2 though! badass1

Eh, our boy has been through worse!

Anonymous

Soul wrote:

Continuing that note, I get the same nostalgia from this as I did watch Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods; we know Tenchi, his abilities and his original harem of girls; now we have a new story and new girls to get to know. Personally, I’m stoked.

As soon as I saw him in his old clothes the nostalgia bug hit me, It was great to see “Tenchi” again, and we’re only 3 episodes in, I’m extremely excited (and I’m not saying that just because I’m helping sub it, lol)

Thanks for posting Soul!

You beat me to the punch with your speculation, evilpii. I was actually thinking along the same lines! blush1

Though, I do wonder why all these extra dimensions would necessarily throw the “world into chaos” (as the series summary describes it). Maybe the fact that they’re all interconnected makes them dangerously unstable?

Even though I was worried about the format of the series, I find I’m also getting used to the 4 minute segments. I agree with you, Soul: With what I’ve seen of episode three, it seems as if the writers have a good handle on how to give us just enough information and suspense to keep us wondering, “What will happen next?”

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Soul wrote:

I don’t want to say I’m blown away yet, but I’m extremely impressed, especially after episode 3.

Negishi and crew know how to use the episode length, WELL. Though, yeah; the show’s biggest downer is the length, episode 3 showed that they can progress the plot and give out backstory extremely well within their elated time.

Continuing that note, I get the same nostalgia from this as I did watching Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods; we know Tenchi, his abilities and his original harem of girls; now we have a new story and new girls to get to know. Personally, I’m stoked.

As for current episode thoughts, glad we see hints of Tenchi’s abilities in episode 2 and I’m interested in what Washu’s involvement is with all this is plus, Momo’s connection to Tenchi based on episode 3.

That end to episode 2 though! badass1

Eh, our boy has been through worse!

Well said. I appreciate the optimistic views, as admittedly I found myself needing a bit after episode 2 (that started going down the hardcore bondage path out of nowhere, and I felt it was a bit much).

Episode 3 though…wow, talk about accomplishing a lot with very little: in a span of 3-5 minutes, we’re given a flashback that establishes the premise, an awesome introduction to our favorite mad scientist, and a few sparse moments of actual plot to pave the way for the next installment. Now I can honestly say I’m curious as to what’s going to happen next: who is this Momo character, and why is she so important/able to jump dimensions? Where is our mysteriously-absent final “new girl” Beni? (I’m hoping episode 4!)*

BTW, can anyone enlighten me on what the text reads as we are taken aboard what appears to be Momo’s ship?

& on that note, way to go translations crew! Take your time, press onward, keep up the good work, we’re all very appreciative.

*EDIT:

rtil wrote:

i wonder if the other pilot is Beni?

Excellent observation rtil, I didn’t catch that! But looking now, that’s my guess. (Which raises more questions to get me involved, lead me on…let’s see where this goes!)

SnowQueen
      here’s a thought but it could be me thinking way to hard but here it is anyway. Lol

Could it be the school itself is in a different dimension? It would explain (kinda) why Tenchi’s compass in episode 1 was acting all crazy. just a thought that popped up in my head. ^^;

julia
      I think the text reads something along the lines of “For your health, please be in a bright room and sit as far as you can from the television”.
      Nil Admirari
      none
      First thing’s first…

http://i.minus.com/igVdTFGCMQrxQ.png" />

Episode 4 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/iDJjzMZERiW0D.gif" />

Episode 4:

Now we’re getting to see what kind of lengths Yuki needs to go through to get this “treasure” she wanted, as mentioned in her bio. And from the sounds of it, the Student Council is after it as well. Unfortunately for Tenchi, he’s got his, erm, nose, stuck into both parties’ business. But it looks like someone else has similar misfortune to have gotten themselves into this situation. Sort of a callback to the labor work they performed in a certain previous Tenchi series.

What is it exactly that Yuki is looking for? Well, perhaps something else was left underground. Knowing how Yosho did the good work in burying Ryoko underground in the OVA and Washu being entombed in Universe, it may be related to some kind of Jurian burial pit that was meant to keep something or someone from ever seeing the light of day again. Could be nothing to do with Jurai, but they tend to be involved somehow whenever something’s shoved that far under the earth’s surface.

Great use of timing once again by Negishi and company to expedite Tenchi into his next situation, introduce the power hierarchy and characters involved in the Science Club’s expedition, and set up Tenchi for his next big breakout. Bring on episode 5!

I giggled when Tenchi’s means of escaping detection was to imitate Ryo-ohki’s greeting meows. At least, that’s what I’d like to think!

julia wrote:

I think the text reads something along the lines of “For your health, please be in a bright room and sit as far as you can from the television”.

You are correct! We had that subtitled in the first episode but dropped it as we felt it wasn’t really needed since it wasn’t exactly about the show proper.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      It’s a construction site and who’s there?!!! Detective Mihoshi! She’s on the case!Oh my Lord, that’s lovely.

The femdom scene this time around was a callback gag (lol puns), so at least it wasn’t thrown in my face from nowhere this time; though towards the end I started to actually fear for Tenchi (that Beni’s a BEAST of a woman)! Well, his “training” with The Girls will see him through any ordeal, I’m sure.

Speaking of Beni…some forum members here definitely called it (maybe in a certain cast we can try to recollect what all we “called” in advance), we have Student Council vs. Science Club, and it seems Momo and Beni are the unofficial ringleaders of each respectively.

Ladies and gents, they’re setting things up for a rivalry very much in homage to the anime rivalry of all time while following in the gigantic footprints of the franchise’s namesake. ya’ll know I’m talkin Team Ryoko vs Team Ayeka

How appropriate for Tenchi be caught up in the middle of it all!

It’s too early for me to say yet, but I’m calling it now, folks: take yer pick! Team Momo? Or Team Beni? There can be only ONE!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Highlander.jpg" />

Afterthought: I had previously thought that The Girls wouldn’t be showing up yet, seeing as how it was implied that Washu sent only Tenchi to this school (dimension?), but a certain blonde-haired gal’s appearance has thrown all of that out the window, and left me excited with the possible implications.

Think about this: Team Momo, Team Beni…what if each of these leaders were being groomed by their own mentor? What if this is the next evolution of that most bitter of rivalries? Lady Ayeka and “Lady” Ryoko, perhaps, in a bid for maturity, see squabbling as beneath them, a thing of the past…okay, we all know that’s not going to happen, but perhaps they’re each trying to put up a front to piss off the other. Well then, if so, what recourse is left to them? Letting the youngins duke it out for them, of course! Maaaan, I can’t wait!

WisperG

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Speaking of Beni…some forum members here definitely called it (maybe in a certain cast we can try to recollect what all we “called” in advance), we have Student Council vs. Science Club, and it seems Momo and Beni are the unofficial ringleaders of each respectively.

Beni? The ringleader? She seems like hired muscle to me, especially after mentioning her “deal” with the other science clubbers. I thought Fuka (blondie in the lab coast) was the obvious one in charge, y’know, being the science club president and all.

Nil Admirari
      none

WisperG wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Beni? The ringleader? She seems like hired muscle to me, especially after mentioning her “deal” with the other science clubbers. I thought Fuka (blondie in the lab coast) was the obvious one in charge, y’know, being the science club president and all.

That’s probably who he meant yeah. There’s a bit of a Hierarchy in the two clubs, though the Science Club seems somewhat shortstaffed.

Student Council:

Momo (Leader/’yes’ man, strangely enough)

Hana (Co-leader)

Hachiko (Group Muscle)

Touri (Group Brains)

Science Club:

Yuki (Leader/Brains)

Beni (Group Muscle)

Rui (Co-leader/’yes’ man)

Despite the SciClub having one less member, they follow a pretty similar setup. It is getting difficult to tell the specific character traits as analogues between the original girls now though, they’re all borrowing elements we recognize from Ayeka, Ryoko, Washu and Mihoshi at the moment.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Sorry for the confusion. I’m connecting too many dots too quickly. Yeah, Beni’s not in charge of the science club, but seeing as how she seems to have an arrangement with the club as opposed to being merely a subordinate member, I see her more as an independent freelancer (odd, seeing as how she follows directions to the letter). I’m also connecting the dots for the opposing “teams” based entirely on rtil’s observations (which I agree with, but can’t prove at this time) that the other female in the ship with Momo in Ep 3 was Beni (I think these two have a connection to each other that’s before and beyond the school setting).

blush1

But isn’t this fun? We can talk, presume, make assumptions, flat-out guesses, shots-in-the-dark, crazy theories…wow, this is Who ridin the hype of a new Tenchi series, folks….

mmmm1

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      While I did enjoy the delightful interaction between Washu and Tenchi in episode 3, Tenchi’s escape from the Student Council was a sight to behold. A male teacher in an all-female school would be… tricky. blush1

As to the Science Club’s dig site, that does add competition between the Council and Club, or “war” as Yuki put it. woooo1 I do like how they have analogous roles on each side. I gives each character some definition along side her personality, but also room to grow beyond just their position. I’m already itching to see Beni and Hachiko exchange a few blows. badass1 Moreover, their methods of interrogation are pretty similar too. qt1 Poor Rui. dawohki1

I do like Beni. She is all business about her job as a body guard (yojimbo). badass1 By the way, who hired Mihoshi for excavation? Kiyofacepalm1

Speculating about the point of the dig itself, I have a couple ideas.

• Nil’s Right, and it’s some Juraian artifact or sealed personage. Maybe the knights? Maybe Kain? Maybe Yugi? Maybe even the bonding plate or Zinv from Dual? I can dream, right? blush1

• The ship from the opening of episode 3, currently theorized to be Momo’s ship. That might explain Yuki’s interest in capturing Momo.
    • Let’s find out in episode 5, maybe? Tenchismile

Nil Admirari
    none
    https://tenchiforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/vlcsnap-2014-10-10-15h16m01s58.png" />

Episode 5 is Subtitled and available!

Episode 5:

No gif this episode simply due to it being a recap episode. Momo takes us through a burst of info relating to the week’s events, mentions some interesting info about the size of the campus and name drops a specific location in Okayama. Interesting that she can recite that info, given how airheadded she is otherwise so far.

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    While there is no new content in this new episode, it is a nice summary of all the school events. Perhaps Momo is more perceptive than we give her credit, though we will have to see what she does next. gendo1

Congratulations again to our translation crew on their diligent work in subtitling and releasing these episodes. Thank you greatly! kiyonesmile1

Nil Admirari
    none
    Try try a bit of an experiment, we’ve used Washu’s lab to meld the episodes together into one large Super Cut. Some people seem offset by the short episode lengths, so we wanted to see how people felt about the content if it played out together with just the usual fade to black transitions between sequences often done in the middle of TV shows. Feel free to check it out and let us know if it makes watching the show better/easier for you.
    highgear56

shadow_s_writer wrote:

Agreed. Doesn’t feel like anything Tenchi related at all. I liked what we had from OVAs, Universe and movies but this just isn’t my taste.

Anonymous

highgear56 wrote:

this just isn’t my taste.

That is an entirely reasonable statement to make

highgear56 wrote:

Doesn’t feel like anything Tenchi related at all.

Did you watch that 3rd episode? That was something that could have come straight out of the first movie or Universe, 100% Tenchi.

I’ve made no qualms about saying that I think the introduction to the series was cliche and not my taste, but overall the show has shown that is has been Tenchi from top to bottom.

I am feeling more comfortable with the series now that they stopped the fan service and when to character and plotline development. They are pushing the Tenchi undressed a bit more than necessary, but hopefully they also get that out of the writers’ system.

One question, has there been any mention of Ryo-Ohki appearing in this series?

Nil Admirari
    none

shadow_s_writer wrote:

I am feeling more comfortable with the series now that they stopped the fan service and when to character and plotline development. They are pushing the Tenchi undressed a bit more than necessary, but hopefully they also get that out of the writers’ system.

One question, has there been any mention of Ryo-Ohki appearing in this series?

Pii and I shared similar thoughts to each other about Ryo-Ohki, it is very strange that she has yet to appear in promo materials nor even be hinted at. I do hope she’s there, not having the mascot of the series would be an unusual move.

Anonymous
    https://tenchiforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tenchicast24-card.png" />

Tenchicast 24: No Need for Ai Tenchi Muyo! PT.1 (Episodes 1-5)

CrazyCabbit
    A new feel, new look, new characters, new setting… I like this SHOW!
  • Viewing 55 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.