Discussion: Episodes 31-35

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 31-35

• This topic is empty.
    Discussion episodes 31-35

NOTE*Do not discuss the promotional spoilery material without the use of spoiler tags as well as a forewarning on what the spoiler contains.

ALSO: Because Tenchiforum is heading to Chibi Pa this weekend, wednesday’s episode is up in the air on whether or not it will come that day, thursday and friday definitely won’t happen.

All backlog episodes and the supercut will go up monday and tuesday of the week after.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/ivkhbm4O5Ukvg.png" />

Episode 31 is now subtitled and available![/url][/size]

http://i.minus.com/i07KjZSjWNwGm.gif" />

Episode 31:

As I mentioned last week (spoiled of course), the Onsen episode was pretty much a guarantee. Here, we see Tenchi going in way over his head. Though, I have to wonder why Momo’s plan of covering Tenchi’s ability to see them excused him being in the room altogether. Can’t quite see how, other than, “Oh it’s just Momo’s goofy plan”. Also couldn’t help but notice how quickly they swept whatever it was the science club did to Tenchi while he was knocked out under the rug. I bet they’ve got some kind of system on him now so they can spy on the student council through Tenchi.

A mostly fanservice episode, one that wasn’t handled as well as the Onsen episode from, say, OVA1. Take it or leave it, but Tenchi does seem to acknowledge their looking for the “Treasure” at the very end. Some serious stuff is about to get pulled together soon.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Hehe, “in over his head” nice one Nil.

Nil Admirari wrote:

Though, I have to wonder why Momo’s plan of covering Tenchi’s ability to see them excused him being in the room altogether. Can’t quite see how, other than, “Oh it’s just Momo’s goofy plan”.

Yeah, it was a bit odd that Momo’s just “Oh hiya Tenchi-sensei!” even though she’s buck naked, but as strange and cumbersome to normal literary flow as it was, it fit with Momo’s personality and the fact that she is naive and dense to an almost crippling degree (sorry Momo, not trying to be mean, but honey it’s true).

I got the feeling that, apart from Hana “almost” seeing Tenchi (or pretending, either for her own enjoyment, Tenchi’s sake, or most likely Momo’s sake, that she didn’t), the dynamic of that particular scene was playing it off as the other girls genuinely didn’t notice him (besides possibly when Tenchi was rendered unconscious…yet again).

Another blackout for Tenchi, and again he mysteriously emerges from the preceding ecchi situation unscathed. (Yuki, you got’s sum ‘splainin’ to do!) Hope to have these little knots of plot tied up soon, but if not at least it looks like we’re finally going to start having the overarching plot revealed to us in the near future.

WisperG
      Wow, he (seemingly) didn’t get caught, but he just had to make things way harder for himself, didn’t he? If he had just stayed out in the open cleaning the floor, explained that he was assigned to do it, and questioned why they showed up so early everything would’ve been fine. Hachiko may have jumped to conclusions, but getting caught working in the bath, as opposed to getting caught hiding in it probably wouldn’t have elicited a significant reaction from the girls, especially considering that they intentionally showed up early.

But alas, you can’t have logic in your harem anime comedy. Gotta put that protag in the most awkward situations possible, regardless of how easily avoidable they are. aquateencarl1

Nil Admirari wrote:

As I mentioned last week (spoiled of course), the Onsen episode was pretty much a guarantee. Here, we see Tenchi going in way over his head. Though, I have to wonder why Momo’s plan of covering Tenchi’s ability to see them excused him being in the room altogether.

The impression I got was the other way around. Was she not simply trying to keep him from being caught by the other girls? She didn’t seem too concerned about what he saw.

Nil Admirari
      none
      Heh, that’s a good point there boys. I guess I should have thought of that, but I’ve been so divided between all the stuff I need to get done before Florida that it just didn’t occur to me. blush1
      GaianKnight
      Participant
      Starting to finally get interesting again. Hopefully all the obvious fan service stuff is mostly out of the way.

And does any teaching happen at the school at all? mmmm1 Feels more like the school is there to act as cover for this Treasure, everyone is after.

And I wonder if we have a ‘Sakuya’ situation here, where most of the students ‘don’t exist’, or something akin to what Yugi did. I’m probably wrong there… but…

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/iCnlHZhWhkEZE.png" />

Episode 32 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/iR93zzS1MMbgC.gif" />

Episode 32:

Tenchi’s walking the halls late at night, finding a few students breaking their bedtime curfews. The girls of the science club are up cooking ramen and invite him in for a bite to eat. While he’s there, we get a few interesting pieces of the plot dropped in front of us. Firstly, Yuki isn’t really sure what exactly is powering her Goriki-kun robot. Then, we’ve got the frequent camera pans over to the crab radio, which seems to serve no function at all other than just being there. Washu’s got her eyes on that room, which is… somewhat disturbing.

The most important thing to note is the bits about Beni’s past – she has no recollection of her youth, doesn’t seem to have much in the way of a will of her own, and is looking for something. If we recall back to the first weeks of the show, Beni made it apparent she wasn’t a member of the science club proper. She simply had an “agreement” with them. Having seen her relationship to the story itself in the feudal era, one can make plenty of easy assumptions as to what it is she’s looking for deep underground. And how about that rooftop shot of Beni, throwing a callback to Ryoko’s tendency to do the same thing?

As a totally unrelated aside, the scene which I used for the gif above reminded me a lot of the haunted korean webcomic (don’t click unless you are willing to forgo sleep tonight) which used the same odd creaky-noise and jarring stutter technique. While likely just a general trope for Asian horror, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Oh no! Beni can’t remember her past…I’m getting Sakuya flashbacks; but I do think Beni is “real” so not too worried there.

Yuki’s lack of understanding with what was presumably her own equipment is veeeerry interesting, and leads towards the conclusion that Washu is meddling far more than has been imagined.

And what type of “treasure” does Goriki-kun sense? Beni’s downed ship is a viable theory, and/or…well, notice the choice made for the ending fade-out shot: Tenchi’s back pocket, and what does he keep in there???

Tenchi-ken, obviously, which makes me think the sensors can detect Jurain technology in general. The emphasis on the sword itself may also point towards Momo’s own “Tenchi-ken.”

SnowQueen
      I’m starting to think a few of the girl’s could be carbon copies of themselves and the real versions of themselves are elsewhere. ( in another dimension )
      GaianKnight
      Participant
      Well this raised my piqued interest. colors2

And yeah, I seriously believe that we’re dealing with Jurai akin tech. I wonder if that original crashed spaceship, we saw early on, has something to do with it.

MangaMan
      So….what happened to Wednesday’s episode?
      jgzinv
      Well let’s just say I’ve strayed and am up to date.

But I figured something out unrelated to the latest episodes.

I’m pretty sure Ukan, is Washu or a proxy for Washu. She’s way to much into “that” sort

of thing, and Washu’s going old teacher on Tenchi before. Color palette fits too.

Haldi
      Participant
      Hi,

I have a question.

What is the ending song of Episode 31 and 34 ? It sounds awesome! i want more of it!

greets

Haldi

jgzinv
      For right now all we know is the series composer and that the (so far) 3 dvd and bluray releases will have a cd with each. The first is a character song cd, the other two we don’t know the contents of yet.

If it isn’t actually listed in the credit scroll, then we’ll have to wait a bit.

Nil Admirari
      none
      The subbing crew would like to apologize for the lack of heads-up on there not being any episodes out since Tuesday. We were all mostly out at the Chibi Pa Festival down in Florida to do a panel and visit Matt & Petrea. We will be resuming work immediately. Look forward to seeing the new episodes as well as our post about the con… including footage of the panels!
      Haldi
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

For right now all we know is the series composer and that the (so far) 3 dvd and bluray releases will have a cd with each. The first is a character song cd, the other two we don’t know the contents of yet.

If it isn’t actually listed in the credit scroll, then we’ll have to wait a bit.

Thank you very much.

Any infos about when the DVD’s will release ?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Haldi wrote:

Thank you very much.

Any infos about when the DVD’s will release ?

Volume 1 Blu-ray Japanese release, as of this post, looks to be slated for January 21st.

Since the rights haven’t been acquired by any other company, there’s no word on if/when the states or anywhere else will get a release proper.

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/iHaTQGOvkSXl8.png" />

Episode 33 is now subtitled and available![/url][/size]

Episode 33:

Beni and Momo’s history has some more light shed onto it. Beni being some form of delinquent, while Momo is some manner of precious cargo the king entrusts to Beni. Will be very interesting if we can get more information on their background, who they really are in scheme of things on Jurai. Especially the elderly man and the woman standing to his side.

Back in the “feudal” era, Tenchi confirms that Momo and Beni are the two people he was looking for and hits that universal “reset” button. Only, when he activates it, the process doesn’t quite complete. Tenchi and Momo are swallowed up into the rift, but what about the rest of them left on the planet?!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      If Episode 33 doesn’t get you pumped, check your pulse, because OMG not only are there some satisfying payoffs to earlier plants, but now we have this late in the game even grander plants, and I’m hella’ excited for those payoffs!

(Ancient?) Jurai, Momo and Beni’s intertwined backstories and identities presumably as nobility and space pirate respectively, Tenchi’s mission, time travel, and the “proper” placement of characters Hachiko, Hana, and Touri along with the rest of the cast ending up at a place (and setting-wise, a time?) called Junai Academy (which I suspect will be elaborated upon further soon).

And, as I commented on yt, how about the fact that Tenchi’s device failing at just the right–or rather, wrong–moment seems a little too contrived…coincidence? Or did something or someone cause it (and is indeed perpetuating all of these rifts)?

I think that “something” is
      our antagonist, Ukan.

GaianKnight
      Participant
      I’m glad I’m a Tenchi fan. Tenchismile
      Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/iUNL23hCmTemp.png" />

Episode 34 is now subtitled and available![/url][/size]

Episode 34:

Beni displays her more contemplative, subtle side, if only for a moment of reflection. It doesn’t take long for her to charge Tenchi like a bull once he brings up the “treasure” she seeks. She’s been thinking a bit about Sensei, and she’s been able to put the dots together that he isn’t who he says he is. When she lashes out towards Tenchi and Momo, a lil somethin somethin comes out of nowhere sup light hawk wings to shield them from the blow.

Quite a bomb to drop there.

GaianKnight
      Participant
      Well, that explains the roof, later on… mmhmm1

Also makes one wonder what the Ep. 35 Momo-chat will be like, this time around. Probably off topic as usual, but one wonders…

Nil Admirari
      none

GaianKnight wrote:

Well, that explains the roof, later on… mmhmm1

Also makes one wonder what the Ep. 35 Momo-chat will be like, this time around. Probably off topic as usual, but one wonders…

Well, wait no longer!

http://i.minus.com/imkWsBBGIMt9z.png" />

Episode 35 is now subtitled and available!

Episode 35:

The pink haired goof is back at her usual antics, giving us a little behind-the-scenes peek at the bathing habits of some of the girls. She also allows herself a small moment to think about Tenchi-sensei, before she snaps back to her normal cheery self. Quite interesting that she compares Tenchi’s home to a festival. I guess she can sense the madness from miles away! Though, that might be hard to ignore with Ayeka and Ryoko at each others’ throats.

GaianKnight
      Participant
      It’s a circus everyday, we swear! kiyonesmile1
      Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/ilZiCSOP1pO1d.png" />

Super Cut of Episodes 31-35 is available now!

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Sorry for the delay. Work and Chibi Pa have been keeping me quite busy. blush1 Since I have not posted in this thread yet, I will discuss the entirety of Episodes 31-34 as a whole, rather than individual posts for each.

For those who have been looking for the plot, you have your prize as of Episode 33. Admittedly, several episodes, including Episodes 31 and 32, built up to the reveal, but the realization is blatantly shown from Wednesday’s episode. In short, those realizations are as follows.

Momo is Juraian, and Beni too is from space and perhaps Juraian herself. Beni no doubt lost her memory in the crash of her ship, Toshika, given to her by the Jurai royal family. As a child, Beni was given favor by the king (of Jurai?) and installed as Momo’s handmaiden/guardian. What exactly she did to earn this favor has yet to be revealed as of Episode 45. Notably, young Beni is very brazen, not unlike the Beni seen in the school era. One wonders if the memory loss reverted her back to before she had Jurai’s influence. One could likely play a lot of nature-vs-nurture games here. In particular, notice that Beni’s memory sparks when Momo touches her hand in Episode 34. Part of Beni remembers, as she told Tenchi on the roof. She always seems just on the verge of remembering, which obviously frustrates and infuriates her. This seems very much the “X-Men” complex that many teenagers feel. They feel different and don’t know why. They crave an explanation that no one seems to give them. Hence, they lash out, as Beni does with Tenchi. There is some fun psychology to study here. gendo1

Of course, this week had some fun comedy bits as well. Tenchi’s situation in Episode 31 continued the fan service from Episode 29, which lends the same commentary I had from the previous week’s thread.

Episode 32 took me back to my undergraduate study, cooking ramen in the dead of night, skirting curfew to infiltrate different portions of the school. I am glad to see Yuki and Rui living the life of a starving student, very nostalgic. mmhmm1 Moreover, this episode dropped visual and dialogue hints to the happenings on campus. Not only do we hear Yuki and Rui’s explanation for their “war” against the Student Council, but also we find out that Yuki built Goriki but doesn’t quite know what powers it. Notably, the camera pans over the crab plushie as she says this. Also, Goriki’s “treasure sensor” goes off, spurring everyone to scramble to digging under the floorboards. While they find nothing, the camera pans over Tenchi’s sword in his back pocket while Yuki mentions the sensor. Dare I say, the “treasure sensor” detects Juraian technology or Juraian energies? gendo1 Then, there is the revelation that Beni is the one after the treasure. Yuki and Rui are in it for the prestige and funding, and to help their comrade.

Yet, in both comedic episodes, Tenchi mentions to himself that he sees the pieces falling into place. He has been playing the hapless protagonist, but he has not forgotten his mission. fyeah1

While we were at Chibi Pa, Wwwwhhhhoooo and I had some fun speculation on the raw Japanese episodes in the airport. Since we didn’t have a translation, we theorized on what could be going on, and I have to say, Wwwwhhhhoooo’s thoughts have been nearly spot-on the last few weeks. kiyonesmile1 However, for posterity, and potential fan fiction, I would like to record one of the darker theories we had.

What if the entire school era storyline was a shell universe? That is, the Ryoko and Ayeka with whom Tenchi lives are simulacra of the real Ryoko and Ayeka. What if in a fit of anger and sorrow, Momo created this world to resurrect a deceased Beni, dragging Tenchi and the other feudal era characters into the spacetime rift? This has precedent with Haruna’s pocket universe, as well as the Time-and-Space Adventures from Universe. How would Tenchi feel to know that his current life was a lie? How would he cope with telling Momo that her lost friend Beni was dead, and could never truly be brought back? Could she even accept that? dawohki1

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

When she lashes out towards Tenchi and Momo, a lil somethin somethin comes out of nowhere sup light hawk wings to shield them from the blow.

Upon a rewatch of the series, episode 34 in particular,

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2015-01-03-16h03m16s243_zpsf5d8578e.png" />

the shielding used to defend Momo and Tenchi seems very similar to the Momo’s personal defence in episode 8.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2015-01-03-16h02m26s18_zpsb4ea85ce.png" />

Perhaps they are the same?

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

the shielding used to defend Momo and Tenchi seems very similar to the Momo’s personal defence in episode 8.

I believe it is Momo channeling Jurai Power through her key and using it’s defense function, Yosho did something similar fighting Kagato in ep 5 of OVA 1. That or Momo, Tenchi, and Yosho can do that themselves. fyeah1

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Quote:

I believe it is Momo channeling Jurai Power through her key and using it’s defense function,

My main problem with this theory is that Momo in episode 34 did not have her key yet. While Tenchi likely had Tenchiken with him, teenage Momo would not have known it was there, let alone how to use it. If Momo is generating the barrier in episode 34, she is not using a key to do it.

I could accept that Tenchi created the barrier himself or through Tenchiken. Tenchismile

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Yosho did something similar fighting Kagato in ep 5 of OVA 1.

I do not believe this is entirely true. Here is the image I believe you are referencing, where Katsuhito has a barrier shifting around him.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/yosho2_zpse9f1ee20.png" />

However, the design of that barrier is starkly similar to this image of Tenchi from OVA series 1 episode 6.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/tenchi1_zpsd7d94e28.png" />

Moreover, here is a panel from Okuda’s All-New Tenchi Muyo! volume 6.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/yosho3_zps31563c9b.jpg" />

While Okuda makes it very clear what he intended, many have debated on what Katsuhito used to defend himself in OVA series 1 episode 5. The main theory is the one I usually defend, that Katsuhito used Tenchiken to access a Light Hawk Wing from the tree Funaho, as in Okuda’s manga. This is feasible since Ayeka has Tenchi use Tenchiken in the same way with Ryu-Oh in the very same episode. Moreover, the shape of a Light Hawk Wing is very distinctive in OVA series 1, and the barrier around Katsuhito is damned similar to Tenchi’s personal Light Hawk Wings.

However, there is precedent in Universe episode 23 for Katsuhito using only Juraian energy defend himself.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/yosho1_zps6cc5e189.png" />

Notice that the shape does not match a Light Hawk Wing, nor does it conform to Katsuhito’s barrier in OVA series 1 episode 5. While one could debate whether Katsuhito is generating the barrier himself or through Tenchiken, I believe few say a Light Hawk Wing is involved here.

However, the above image from Universe of a Juraian barrier does seem more dome-like in shape, similar to Ayeka’s barriers, as well as the one Momo used in episode 8 of Ai Tenchi. Honestly, I would like to see a wide-angle shot of the barrier in episode 34 to make a more definitive assessment.

Ukinojo92 wrote:

That or Momo, Tenchi, and Yosho can do that themselves. fyeah1

There is precedent for a Juraian noble generating a barrier without a key, a tree, or likely a Light Hawk Wing.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/achika1_zps6f853e02.png" />

In TMiL1, Achika defended herself against Kain’s breath weapon before Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka arrived. Tenchi still had the sword with him, and Ayeka had her tiara with her. Notably, Achika’s clothes and belongings were destroyed either by the transfer to subspace, breaking free from Kain, or by her transformation. She was nude before being wrapped in this celestial kimono, so she had nothing to use to defend herself except her own native abilities. Teenage Nobuyuki likely didn’t have any Juraian technology on him either, and was in too much pain from a broken leg and other likely injuries to do anything.

Now, I have heard arguments that Achika’s transformation was a product of her using Light Hawk Wings, but I find this unlikely. As TMiL1 and TMiL2 are both continuations of Universe, where Light Hawk Wings have never been mentioned or referenced before in its story, it would be strange storytelling to have them suddenly appear for one scene. Unless I see evidence to the contrary, I attribute Achika’s transformation to the Jurai Power, which is heavily referenced throughout Universe and its two movies. As such, a transformation like this could feasibly be achievable by any Juraian noble of sufficient power and ability.

Perhaps even Ayeka? gendo1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Is it Momo or Tenchi casting the shield? Obviously it is most likely Momo in a fear or subconscious response, but who is to say Tenchi did it without thinking and his key activated in response. Tenchi in OVA 2 couldn’t control the Light Hawk Wings, but then in ep 12 before sucked in the black hole he activated in response to near death danger. In Ai, Tenchi is in more control, but my question is are people that have Jurai Royal Tree or Jurai power always in control all the time or in certain circumstances they can spontaneously react without meaning to?
      evilpii
      Participant
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Is it Momo or Tenchi casting the shield? Obviously it is most likely Momo in a fear or subconscious response, but who is to say Tenchi did it without thinking and his key activated in response.

As I said in my last post, Tenchi could have generated the barrier, consciously or subconsciously, with or without the sword. The possibility is there, but Ai Tenchi episode 34 does leave it nebulous as to which was the instigator. Considering all the parallels between Tenchi and Momo, particularly in the final episode, I could accept either as the cause. Tenchismile

Ukinojo92 wrote:

In Ai, Tenchi is in more control, but my question is are people that have Jurai Royal Tree or Jurai power always in control all the time or in certain circumstances they can spontaneously react without meaning to?

I would agree that subconscious or reflex use of Juraian abilities is possible, particularly if said royal family member was untrained and unaware of what they possessed. My key example is Achika from TMiL1. Seemingly, she was raised by her father and late mother without any knowledge of her extraterrestrial heritage. However, she starts manifesting abilities during her first encounter with Kain on the Tokyo Tower. First, she senses his presence approaching.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/achika1_zpsaa1f0c81.png" />

Then, she emits a concussive wave that shatters glass and sweeps many of the shards at Kain. Kain himself is caught off-guard and realizes at that moment that she is his target, not Tenchi. Moreover, Nobuyuki is just as surprised as Kain is, so he likely hasn’t seen this side of her before either.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/achika2_zpsec69d949.png" />

She creates a second concussive wave when she breaks free from Kain in subspace.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/achika3_zps630e28ea.png" />

Then, of course, there is her climactic transformation.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/achika4_zpse1b62841.png" />

All four of these occurrences precede Achika’s exchange of brain waves with Tenchi.

After said exchange, she creates the energy barrier against Kain as mentioned above and then picks up Tenchiken, transforming it into a naginata-like weapon. She then uses it to seriously wound, but not outright kill, Kain. Since she exchanged brain waves with Tenchi, I could concede that some of his knowledge of Juraian abilities could seep into her mind. However, such an explanation does not cover the four events in the images above.

So, which of these four events is conscious manipulation? Assuming Achika is untrained, one could liken her unto an unskilled person handed a sword and told to fight against someone (Kain) with far superior knowledge, skill, and experience. She’s fumbling with her weapon, doesn’t know what to do, and, if Tenchi’s epilogue has any truth to it, likely hurt herself in the process.

I would argue her sense of Kain’s presence was subconscious. She was scared, and the fear response does cause the senses to sharpen, to reach out for any information on the threat. One would think that for a Juraian, any empathic abilities would be sharpened as well, allowing her to feel Kain’s approach.

I would also argue her first concussive wave was subconscious. She stood up, fists clenched, ready to fight. Again, the fear response typically gives the body a choice: fight or flight. Adrenaline is also connected with feats of strength, mothers protecting their young and the like, tapping into wells of power usually inaccessible. I find it likely her choice to turn and face Kain could have ignited the pilot of whatever offensive abilities she possessed, giving that concussive wave.

However, while the second concussive wave may be subconscious, I don’t think it is. She is being held by Kain, watching Nobuyuki get thrown around like a ragdoll. She wants to go to him, free of this monster holding her. By this point, she has already used a concussive wave once, so perhaps like muscle memory, she remembered that feeling and replicated it to free herself.

On the other hand, the transformation I doubt is subconscious at all. She methodically turned to Kain and announced her intentions to do him harm. If my “muscle memory” theory is right, what Achika could have done was accessed whatever mental faculty to create that concussive wave and dived as deep as she could go. Again, referencing the sword analogy above, doing so might be like flailing with a sharp weapon without knowledge of the consequences. Doing this may well have hurt her, even shortened her lifespan as Tenchi theorizes in the epilogue.

Please keep in mind, all of this is speculation based upon the presentation in the film. Take it as you will. Tenchismile

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      In Achika’s case she was near a extremely powerful being, that needed to be captured by the full the strength of the GXP and Jurai combined. Natural to subconsciously activate dormant powers, and Achika rushed and overexerted her powers without training or slowly awakening them, causing damage to herself.

In Momo’s case though, she used her Jurai powers as a child, which must mean she was acquainted with them before she came to Earth. Adult Momo had her powers asleep but already used and natural to her body and mind, and on the roof on the case that it was Momo casting the shield, she casted it on the experience when she defended Tenchi from Feudal Ryoko that launched a powerful attack.

Tenchi in OVA 1 ep 4, Tenchi couldn’t activate his key until he remembered his sword training, all my speculation is to add more reasoning to how to powers reflex works

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

In Momo’s case though, she used her Jurai powers as a child, which must mean she was acquainted with them before she came to Earth. Adult Momo had her powers asleep but already used and natural to her body and mind, and on the roof on the case that it was Momo casting the shield, she casted it on the experience when she defended Tenchi from Feudal Ryoko that launched a powerful attack.

I could accept teenage Momo using “muscle memory” to manifest the barrier in episode 34, though it is questionable how much her body and mind remember from the feudal era. Washu did say that the “original girl” (Momo) was disseminated, scattered. What that exactly did to Momo’s mind and abilities, I don’t entirely know. Who knows exactly how much she remembers, particularly about specifics?

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Tenchi in OVA 1 ep 4, Tenchi couldn’t activate his key until he remembered his sword training, all my speculation is to add more reasoning to how to powers reflex works

This is an admirable goal, explaining how reflexes of Jurai’s power operates. However, I will admit that this topic has not be heavily discussed or documented. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. kiyonesmile1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      On ep 32, Yuki and Rui use the Goriki head as multiple purpose device. It sort of reminds me of TM in Love when they used a Yukinojo head for Washu projection.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.