DualCast: The Alternative White Meat

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Tenchicast! The Tenchi Muyo Podcast. DualCast: The Alternative White Meat

• This topic is empty.
    As was covered on the Mumble last night, it doth appear that we can just run a cast independently of the main TC and go from there….

In general I’d like to do something in the next week or two. Would be over the weekend.

I’m trying to get a few original DualFans, and so far may have 3 interested, as well as some of those here.

But if you’re interested, give us a post…

Any topic ideas you’d like to cover are welcome.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m in (as you already know lol). As for topic ideas, I havent a clue. Probably something about how the fandom has evolved and hung on all these years.
      Dual Addict
      Hmm right now I don’t know when will be good for me. Depends if I get a temp job at the local fair tomorrow. That will dedicate how much time I have this up coming week and weekend.

For those of you who do not know me I am a very old DualFan. I have been around for many a year now off and of for well too long haha.

jgzinv
      Yeah DA just about predates me… we came in at about the same time.

Some ideas.

Intro – Breaking in from a Parallel Mumble Dimension!

Bon Appetite! – What first got you into Dual?

Main Course

– Why do you still love Dual after all these years?

– DualFans & You – a Retrospective

Side Dish

– GXP, SKS, and your thoughts.

– NGE vs. Dual – not the same.,

Leftovers – Spaghetti or Curry?

(your favorite character or scene and why?)

Dessert – Ohayocon plug.

Fridge Snitching – Open discussion.

Dual Addict
      Haha and you have the world famous Otaku Chef here too haha
      jgzinv

Quote:

For the DualFans members interested in the pod cast, if you’re not already at TenchiForum, please post the weekend times relative to you that you’d be available for about an hour to do it. I’m thinking next week as I’m pretty packed this weekend.

So start posting availability peoples.

If someone spots Pii lurking about shoot him a note too…

jgzinv
      We have so far…

JGZinv

chucklocker

dual addict

dagon123

thebib62

andyscout

Jacob Keyes

mittens

potential:

mitsuki lover

evilpii

jgzinv
      Tentatively looking at 5 PM EST for the DualCast on this coming Saturday.

Probably looking at an hour.

Got any suggestions, stick them in now…

If you need to catch up on SKS or GXP or Dual-

SKS

Sub Only –

http://www.goodanime.net/isekai-no-seikishi-monogatari-1

http://anilinkz.com/series/isekai-no-seikishi-monogatari

GXP

Dub and Subs –

http://www.hulu.com/tenchi-muyo-gxp

http://www.funimation.com/tenchi-muyo-gxp

Dual

Dub –

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1025FFC8F90AA9E8

http://www.dubzonline.com/watch/dual-parallel-trouble/

Sub – http://www.veoh.com/watch/v410297WHMpCfYP

Anonymous
      As I’m writing this, my internet is still out (tethered by my phone) and the guy from Time Warner won’t be here till 9am saturday so, if I get it fixed I’ll be good, if not I’ll test it and see how well the connection holds out or sounds, but if its not good, I’ll have to bow out bawww-plz
      jgzinv
      Nooooooo…..

I need you for my ultimate plan…. we’re gonna have to dub you back in if you can’t make it…

ALSO ANNOUNCEMENT

I have the questions for the cast written out. If you want a copy let me know.

Also need to see if chuck and mittens will lend themselves to a little acting so talk to me at some point, hopefully not like 10 minute before the cast…

jgzinv
      Due to technical and logistical issues, the cast is postponed till next weekend.

Repost your availability as you are able.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Background looks good. I should be available anytime this weekend.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      So what’s the story with this weekend JG? Are we still on?
      jgzinv
      Looking at moving it up now that Bib can do a later time.

7:30 EST PM Sat.

So far:

Dual Addict

Dagon

JGZinv

TheBib

Potential

Andy

chuck

pii

jgzinv
      Chuck has said he will be available.

Andy has not replied but I am inclined to just get this done. Mitts and Andy we can try to dub in later.

If Pii’s available would like to get his thoughts in too.

jgzinv
      DualCast is tonight

7:30 EST PM

I might run a couple minutes late as I got all sorts of chaos going on… have to setup the gear correctly.

Anonymous
      Dualcast is now available!
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      It sounds great! (other than my scratchy mic :() Great job guys!

Next up…. Manga cast! :Cheeks:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      U guys were awesome! great job taking the wheel Z-man!!! LOVED the intro btw!
      WisperG
      Where can I listen to this? :?
      jgzinv
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AijgHrRAwtI&feature=share&list=PL4A5225ED76BF9A52

Minor quibbles aside and all the issues we had, turned out pretty well overall.

kazuki
      Participant
      Copyright Infringement – what the hell? Did you tube actually pull the plug on this one? 😮 👿
      Anonymous

kazuki wrote:

Copyright Infringement – what the hell? Did you tube actually pull the plug on this one? 😮 👿

The original youtube account we had was taken down due to multiple accounts of infringement (all at one time too so there was really no saving it, the nuke had already launched, lol)

heromech40
      i’m a little late but sounds fun
      jgzinv
      The cast was done some time ago, put on youtube, which the account was killed, which in turn deleted the video.

Dagon has the parts though so it should be able to be rebuilt.

Though if you want to chat up Dual, feel free to drop in mumble and we can go over things.

heromech40
      definitely im a big dual fan myself so thanks for replying to my badly placed post and we can absolutely chat on mumble
      jgzinv
      We’re looking at doing a DualCast Re-Do..

I’ve talked with Dual_Addict, he can make Sundays, so I’d tentatively

go with like mid afternoon or evening for it.

I’m also hoping to get animegodfather, but haven’t talked with kazuki or bib yet.

Other people that are interested in doing one, post your availability, I’ll see how we can work

around it all.

Also with Dagon’s recent loss, I’m not 100% sure on doing one without him, but it doesn’t hurt to get some things out of the way.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I will be available any time during any given weekend as long as you give me a reasonable amount of notice beforehand.
      kazuki
      Participant
      Sounds like fun. 🙂

I am in a different time zone, 8-12 hours ahead. Just let me know when it the best time available.

If it done in Sunday evening, it’s Monday noon on my timezone.

What requirements do you need for a podcast? Just a mic or a webcam?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

kazuki wrote:

Sounds like fun. 🙂

I am in a different time zone, 8-12 hours ahead. Just let me know when it the best time available.

If it done in Sunday evening, it’s Monday noon on my timezone.

What requirements do you need for a podcast? Just a mic or a webcam?

Glad to hear you’re interested in being a part of the Dualcast! We actually have experience with scheduling podcasts for people coming from all over the world, so we should be able to work with you to arrange a time that is good for everybody. As for the requirements, you only need a mic (preferably a headset) and you will need to download Mumble, our voice chat software, and get set up on our server. The software can be found HERE, and the once you have it downloaded just input THESE address and port codes. You will also need the password for the server, which you can get by sending one of the mods or support staff a personal message on the forum asking for it.

jgzinv
      It doth appear that I had a copy of the DualCast audio, music, and sound clips on my NAS for when I sent it out to Dagon for editing. So evidently….. minus the opening and dr.who wormhole, and video for it, yes we still have the guts of the DualCast.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Awesome, can’t wait for when it is posted back up without being hit with copyrights. It’s not a likely possibility but stuff happens.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Omg YES! That’s the only proof that I ever MC’d the opening of a Tenchicast! Thought that baby was lost forever! soawesome1
      jgzinv
      I think what I want to do is rebuild it as a Director’s Cut. Which means more video editing and stuff I’m unfamiliar with.

I’m trying to see if I can get Andy to record his lines, since he wasn’t able to make the cast originally.

I’ll have to get Mitten’s lines again, cause she recorded her’s later I think.

Dagon I’m missing the intro part until he came in later in the cast, which he did when he combined the first video separately.

The rest is largely just assembling the parts. I’ve got the tracks in Audacity, Probably need to do some volume leveling.

MuscleRobo
      I know this post is over a year old but I literally registered just to say I hope you’re able to post it again sometime! I’ll make a proper introduction in the introduction thread though!
      jgzinv
      I replied to it over in your intro page.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      [bbvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12SuWtXQ4Bw[/bbvideo][bbvideo]

Back from beyond the digital graaaaave!! woooo1

Dagon had to hop into a parallel universe to find bits and pieces of the long-lost Dualcast, but here it is! After much suturing, TLC, and good ol’ fashioned elbow grease, better than ever before…here’s Dualcast, reborn as an official Tenchicast! installment.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.