Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    This thread is derived from a mixture of ideas from these three threads. This thread is meant to be a discussion for fan fiction ideas and suggestions to authors in regards to those ideas. The hope is for this to be a serious discussion to help authors improve their conceptual design.

For those wanting feedback on a work in progress, particularly editing, please see DarkPatu’s Beta Thread.

For those wanting to discuss lighthearted and thoughtful “what if” questions, please see Kiyoka’s What-If Thread.

For those wanting to post chapters of their work, please begin a new thread, much like Vegeta Muyo, TMIL3, and Homecomings.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Replies
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      To start this discussion, I have had a story idea regarding parallel universes, particularly alternate timelines. In Dark Energy Trilogy and Homecomings, I have established Tokimi and the planet Ryua as major antagonists. A planned story has conflict wage between Jurai and Ryua, culminating with a confrontation with Tokimi. Naturally, I have a tentative ending in mind for that event.

However, I have dabbled with the idea of a second ending, where everything collapses. I have actually been considering the incorporation of this into the story by having characters from the “bad end” use some of Washu’s technology to cross into the “good end”, searching for help or sanctuary. This is an idea that has yet to be fully developed. Constructive comments and criticisms on this idea are welcome.

After talking with Chuck, I had the idea of adapting this scenario to an already completed work, Tenchi Muyo! versus Men in Black. In a similar vein, there is a critical event in this story, which has significant effect on the following two stories, namely Ryoko and Ayeka’s battle with Illirg. In the story itself, Ryoko was meant to be “infected” with the “other voice”, rather than Ayeka. This incident creates “Dark Ayeka”.

However, what might have happened if Ryoko had been consumed, rather than Ayeka? How different would the timeline become from that singular change? Would this make an interesting stand-alone story, or perhaps a chapter in Homecomings?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Goodness, what an awesome thread concept! I’m proud to have played a role in shaping it!

Anyway, before I get to my own ideas, I will see if I can address yours first pii.

Your first idea, involving a different/disastrous timeline crossing over into your main line, is one that I find very intriguing! If you are seeking a source of inspiration, I would direct you to watch an episode of Star Trek: Voyager (“Deadlock,” Season 2, ep. 21), in which a very similar event occurs. I would imagine that the “refugees” from the crappy timeline would be quite desperate, and might even come out attacking their counterparts in an attempt to take over their places. It would be interesting to see how your characters will react to their “bad” counterparts, with mercy at first but forced brutality later? Quite good food for though. As for adapting it into an established story, I would think that it would best fit as a sort of “after story.” Not quite a sequel, but more than an additional chapter. Sort of like an add-on story that readers can feel free to read or skip at their leisure. The same would go for your Ryoko idea I would imagine, seeing as it is dependent on an established story, but doesn’t have any bearing on the established story itself.

Now for my idea! I have this great vision of a story involving Seto standing trial for her many backdoor manipulations and dirty dealings. Now, before anybody jumps to any conclusions, this is NOT some lame fanboy attempt to smack Seto around because I think she’s a “mary sue.” As I said a long time ago, she’s a very cool character with poor onscreen development. Anyway, my idea would involve the story beginning with the trial, and working backwards almost through a combination of testimony and flashbacks. I would like to explore the inner crises that such an event would cause not only for Seto, but for the other characters as well, after all most of them are her intimate family. As for the trial itself, I had in mind a sort of military tribunal taking place in the immediate aftermath of a disastrous struggle on Jurai. I’m not sure who I would have presiding/prosecuting/defending though, and I would be open to any ideas. I also haven’t got a clue at the moment as to how to end the story 😆

evilpii
      Participant
      none

chucklocker wrote:

Goodness, what an awesome thread concept! I’m proud to have played a role in shaping it!

Thanks for the help! ^^V We need more collaborative projects around here. [nagi1]

chucklocker wrote:

Your first idea, involving a different/disastrous timeline crossing over into your main line, is one that I find very intriguing! If you are seeking a source of inspiration, I would direct you to watch an episode of Star Trek: Voyager (“Deadlock,” Season 2, ep. 21), in which a very similar event occurs. I would imagine that the “refugees” from the crappy timeline would be quite desperate, and might even come out attacking their counterparts in an attempt to take over their places. It would be interesting to see how your characters will react to their “bad” counterparts, with mercy at first but forced brutality later? Quite good food for though. As for adapting it into an established story, I would think that it would best fit as a sort of “after story.” Not quite a sequel, but more than an additional chapter. Sort of like an add-on story that readers can feel free to read or skip at their leisure. The same would go for your Ryoko idea I would imagine, seeing as it is dependent on an established story, but doesn’t have any bearing on the established story itself.

Thanks for the “Voyager” reference. ^^v I forget if I’d seen that episode or not, but I do remember “Year of Hell”, which was a similar time travel story. Hmm… a one-shot would be a cool idea, somewhat like the “History of Trunks” special in Dragonball. I’ll have to consider that idea more deeply before I can implement it. ^^;;

Truthfully, I do hope that others might take the “alternate history” idea and run with it. For example, what if Tenchi fell to Kagato, in OVA or TV? How would the family, and the universe as a whole, cope? That would be a fan fiction I would read. [nagi3]

chucklocker wrote:

I have this great vision of a story involving Seto standing trial for her many backdoor manipulations and dirty dealings. Now, before anybody jumps to any conclusions, this is NOT some lame fanboy attempt to smack Seto around because I think she’s a “mary sue.” As I said a long time ago, she’s a very cool character with poor onscreen development. Anyway, my idea would involve the story beginning with the trial, and working backwards almost through a combination of testimony and flashbacks. I would like to explore the inner crises that such an event would cause not only for Seto, but for the other characters as well, after all most of them are her intimate family. As for the trial itself, I had in mind a sort of military tribunal taking place in the immediate aftermath of a disastrous struggle on Jurai. I’m not sure who I would have presiding/prosecuting/defending though, and I would be open to any ideas. I also haven’t got a clue at the moment as to how to end the story 😆

I would seriously enjoy seeing this. We had discussed doing something similar with Homecomings, but my version of Seto isn’t the “official” one. ^^; Your concept sounds a lot like the serial Trial of a Timelord from Doctor Who, which is also told via flashbacks to particular incidents with an overarching trial backdrop.

I could see Azusa or Funaho presiding over the case, though you might want someone new or scarcely used for that job. Preferably, this person would have no direct or known ties to the defendant, perhaps Ramia. The Juraihelm priests look a lot like the judge from Phoenix Wright, which could be cool. ^^v

… Actually, Ramia might be a better prosecutor. Edgeworth? :Tenchismile:

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

evilpii wrote:

Your concept sounds a lot like the serial Trial of a Timelord from Doctor Who, which is also told via flashbacks to particular incidents with an overarching trial backdrop.

Heh, it’s funny that you should mention that, as that arc is something I had considered as a source of inspiration for me idea! The format, mind you, not the elements, and only loosely so. Anyway, thanks for the input, I am glad that you found the idea enjoyable!

evilpii wrote:

For example, what if Tenchi fell to Kagato, in OVA or TV? How would the family, and the universe as a whole, cope? That would be a fan fiction I would read.

This is actually another idea I had considered previously. I had imagined a scenario in which Kagato had somehow succeeded in capturing Tsunami. What would happen then? Would Tokimi intervene to aide her sisters, or would she actually revel in the chaos? Could she intervene even if she wanted to considering Kagato’s position? Would we somehow see Tenchi and Z team up, even begrudgingly to take down a common enemy? Oh how I love alternate story speculation! It’s a never ending source of totally nerdy and thought provoking fun!

evilpii
      Participant
      none

chucklocker wrote:

evilpii wrote:

For example, what if Tenchi fell to Kagato, in OVA or TV? How would the family, and the universe as a whole, cope? That would be a fan fiction I would read.

This is actually another idea I had considered previously. I had imagined a scenario in which Kagato had somehow succeeded in capturing Tsunami. What would happen then? Would Tokimi intervene to aide her sisters, or would she actually revel in the chaos? Could she intervene even if she wanted to considering Kagato’s position? Would we somehow see Tenchi and Z team up, even begrudgingly to take down a common enemy? Oh how I love alternate story speculation! It’s a never ending source of totally nerdy and thought provoking fun!

That each of those could be some fun ideas to test. ^^v I did a little speculation here and there in stories already about the Universe continuity if, say, Kagato or Kain succeeded. What would a Kagato-ruled Jurai be like? Would he be a tyrannical ruler, perhaps even try his hand at conquest of the galaxy? What might become of our beloved cast? [nagi1]

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      First I’d like to say that I love that concept of a trial on lady Seto. I do feel her cha.racter should’ve had better development on screen rather than behind the scenes(despite her being the puppeteer character of sorts). The idea of a world in which Kagato succeeds or even Kain has crossed my mind several times. I would definitely read that fanfiction if it is produced. :D

As for me I need to figure a few things for my current fanfiction project. I actually need to think of an equal experience between Ayeka and Tenchi as there is an experience for Ryoko and Tenchi I have planned. If you guys have any suggestions on that, I would be very open to them cx. Also Pii I have a few ideas on why Tenchi can’t use his material conversion and on how to make a deeper role for Washu.

I’m gonna be off work a while anyway so I’ll keep working at it, in fact the first section is neat done, a few more days and itl be finalized ^~^

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Kiyoka

shadowsfall0 wrote:

First I’d like to say that I love that concept of a trial on lady Seto. I do feel her cha.racter should’ve had better development on screen rather than behind the scenes(despite her being the puppeteer character of sorts). The idea of a world in which Kagato succeeds or even Kain has crossed my mind several times. I would definitely read that fanfiction if it is produced. :D

Funny you should say that ;D *ahem* sort of anyay

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Hmm, if thats an endeavor you’re trying to accomplish I have much respect and would be eager to read it ^.^ haha :Tenchismile:
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Kiyoka

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Hmm, if thats an endeavor you’re trying to accomplish I have much respect and would be eager to read it ^.^ haha :Tenchismile:

Ahaha… well.. its not quite what you think. Don’t want to spoil anything here.. isawitplz

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Ahh i getcha cx
      evilpii
      Participant
      none

shadowsfall0 wrote:

The idea of a world in which Kagato succeeds or even Kain has crossed my mind several times. I would definitely read that fanfiction if it is produced. :D

Well, I have Washu speculating about that briefly in Homecomings: Masaki, though I have not fleshed it out more. The more I think about it, the more an alternate history aside might be fun. [nagi1]

shadowsfall0 wrote:

As for me I need to figure a few things for my current fanfiction project. I actually need to think of an equal experience between Ayeka and Tenchi as there is an experience for Ryoko and Tenchi I have planned. If you guys have any suggestions on that, I would be very open to them cx.

A common tactic used in several stories is to Ayeka’s dream of a courtly romance. This would include such tasks as attending formal dinners and the like. Another would be to break her of her regal training slowly. In this case, one might have her date her beau more casually. Okuda’s manga gives a very good story in this vein. :Tenchismile:

The main issue here is maintaining Ayeka’s character while maturing her relationship with Tenchi. Since her character was meant as a foil to Ryoko’s, you might consider Tenchi sharing with Ayeka what he either can’t or won’t share with Ryoko.

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Also Pii I have a few ideas on why Tenchi can’t use his material conversion and on how to make a deeper role for Washu.

Lay them on us. [nagi3]

Kiyoka wrote:

shadowsfall0 wrote:

The idea of a world in which Kagato succeeds or even Kain has crossed my mind several times. I would definitely read that fanfiction if it is produced. :D

Funny you should say that ;D *ahem* sort of anyay

Yeah, you could say that. http://evilpii.50webs.com/forum/tu-mitsuki2.png" />

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I just read Homecomings: Masaki and I really loved it! I have to echo the thought of that being its own alternate aside story if it is delved into deeper and such.

The manga really does set up a nice way and bond that Tenchi could have with Ayeka in such a way. And it could fit perfectly into how I’m writing that there are times Tenchi would want alone time with one and not the other and vice versa. During one of these, I could definitely throw in a date, mainly while they are in the Time compressed dimension which is the place he marries them after nearly a year within it(which i have a way of making that work too).

For Washu, I was thinking that she could have the part to play in which They all 3 are in the onsen, (planning this scene) and as Ryoko talks to her, she will open up a LOT about her past and a bit of a…negative modification to Ryoko. In the end that modification didn’t work however, seeing as Ryoko by the end of the series in what I have planned, is a child. Washu steps up as well to be a bit of a motherly figure to Ayeka as well.

Mihoshi i have the idea of her getting upset(as would be expected) and she can’t look at Tenchi, Ayeka, or Ryoko. Washu and Nobuyuki(who is visiting around this time in what i plan) talk to her, and tell her “Your destiny may have been to meet him then to go foward farther, destiny has an odd way of bring people together, whether it be for love, or for experience and knowledge and encouragement.” something like that.

anyway those are a few little tidbits of things I brainstormed haha bth_Ryoko1

evilpii
      Participant
      none

shadowsfall0 wrote:

I just read Homecomings: Masaki and I really loved it! I have to echo the thought of that being its own alternate aside story if it is delved into deeper and such.

I think I now have a concept for how this little side story would go and how to separate it, mostly, from my previous work.

Submitted for your approval, after the events of Tench Muyo! in Love 2 with Haruna, Masaki Tenchi awakes to find the Masaki estate in ruins. The house is gone, the grounds overrun with the encroaching forest, the shrine in shambles. After a moment of shock, he realizes that this is exactly how it all looked when he was being erased by time, yet he isn’t being erased. Confused, he roams across the nearby countryside, looking for something familiar, but nearly 30 years of time has worn much of the homestead away.

Except for the yokai cave, which attracts the young man. Entering, he navigates the ancient booby traps to its center, finding a huge green crystal, Washu’s exile unit, whole and in tact. With Tenchiken, the prince cuts through the seal and releases her. However, upon meeting her, she has no memory of him or the household. Frustrated and pleading, he describes his version of events, leading her to scan him, finding he is from a different reality parallel to this one. She continues to scan and find the awful truth of what happened in this world gone wrong.

Can Tenchi escape this reality, or should he stay and fix this twisted universe?

In fact, that might be a good title, “A World Gone Wrong” or “Twisted Tenchi Universe”. [nagi1] I thought “Tenchi Muyo! in Love 3” might be a good title, but that has been done already. http://evilpii.50webs.com/forum/tessei2.png" />

shadowsfall0 wrote:

For Washu, I was thinking that she could have the part to play in which They all 3 are in the onsen, (planning this scene) and as Ryoko talks to her, she will open up a LOT about her past and a bit of a…negative modification to Ryoko. In the end that modification didn’t work however, seeing as Ryoko by the end of the series in what I have planned, is a child. Washu steps up as well to be a bit of a motherly figure to Ayeka as well.

Washu being a mother figure for Ayeka could work, though in your current setting, Misaki would likely be Ayeka’s mother. How would Ayeka react to someone else standing in her mother’s place? This can likely be debated considering Misaki and Funaho might have been distant due to their respective positions. This could be interesting depending on how it is written. :Tenchismile:

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Mihoshi i have the idea of her getting upset(as would be expected) and she can’t look at Tenchi, Ayeka, or Ryoko. Washu and Nobuyuki(who is visiting around this time in what i plan) talk to her, and tell her “Your destiny may have been to meet him then to go foward farther, destiny has an odd way of bring people together, whether it be for love, or for experience and knowledge and encouragement.” something like that.

This would be tricky. In OVA, Mihoshi is infatuated with Tenchi, and depending on how she is broached about the others’ affections, she might react poorly. I think this is part of Misao’s worrying about her in OVA 3, as well as being an insanely obsessive brother. http://evilpii.50webs.com/forum/tu-mitsuki2.png" /> Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka might want to consider how to break the news of their mutual arrangements to the others. I do like having Washu and Nobuyuki, both having lost a mate, consoling Mihoshi.

[/color]

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

> Nobuyuki

> divorcee

No cigar. :P

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

evilpii wrote:

> Nobuyuki

> divorcee

No cigar.

I apologize. I had meant to imply that both Washu and Nobuyuki had lost a mate, regardless of the means. -.-

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      S’cool. 😉
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Submitted for your approval, I have been tossing back and forth the idea of including Haruna in Homecomings: Masaki for some time, and I have dropped her name at the end of Chapter 2. However, the thought of her appearing outside of a flashback does appeal, given the maturing and reflective themes already in play. Besides, I draw a lot of characterization from TM!iL2 for this story. ^^;

I had thought about having her snatch Tenchi like in the film, though this seemed strange. In the movie, Tenchi ran away from the house to escape Ryoko and Ayeka’s pressures of (finally) demanding that he choose. That left him susceptible to Haruna’s influence to draw him into her world.

In contrast, the Tenchi I am writing in Masaki is slowly becoming his own man, a husband and father. Quite the contrary, he is embracing his responsibilities and has made his choice, much to the dismay of the one not chosen. In some ways, he is already a stronger person than his counterpart in the film.

So, upon whom would Haruna prey? I was so focused on paralleling TM!iL2 that I neglected this option until I considered it last night. Consider Ryoko at this point in her life. She is living as lover/spouse to Tenchi, recently borne her first child, and feeling all of those stresses of responsibility she lived so long avoiding. True, she has support in Tenchi and the others in the household, but many young couples, even those who love one another greatly, become strained in the first few years, particularly with a child. Imagine a post-partem Ryoko, disappearing off to the forest to get some quiet from the house.

Enter Haruna. Like in TM!iL2, Haruna would be clinging to this life by her camellia tree, which is beginning to die. She sees a young woman approaching the prime of her life, wanting freedom from her growing responsibility, a life the late lover of Yosho so desired.

I am still thinking about how the mechanism for Haruna to interact with the cast, but I have the current idea. Because of the events of Inheritance, Ryoko is tied to Jurai’s power and has a crimson gem to focus her powers (a homage to the OVA) given to her by Tsunami. That gem acts essentially like a key, which would allow her control or command a tree.

Haruna would use this device as a gateway, to invade and take this life for her own. Having now a physical form, she would try to claim Tenchi and his son for her own family. How this conflict would progress and be resolved is still in development. ^^;

What are your thoughts on this scheme, as half-baked as it is? ^^;

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Here is a bit of that little theory I have and how it could apply, should you still go forth on this idea.

After watching through TMIL2 tonight, I came to an interesting conclusion. When Juraians are buried, along with their tree, the tree as well as the soul of the owner may in fact still emit energy. Haruna’s tree in the last movie, may have used this as a way to mask itself: to hide in plain sight.

With this, upon Ryu-ohs landing, it may have misjudged the energy emission from the Camellia tree, or it may have been so hidden it couldn’t detect it. Perhaps the Naivety of Ryu-oh(as you had as a hypothesis) may in fact be one factor as to why it was not noticed. Perhaps Yosho knew of this already and left it alone since nothing happened since until a fateful day.

Also in terms of them not detecting the “whisking away” of Tenchi, I still find it that the rest of the Camellias may have been used as decoy signals. Not only confusing Ryu-oh but if it figured it as a threat; made it impossible to sort out the right one. Yosho even could not recognize that it was strange, until he noticed Haruna’s tree was blooming out of season.

Now how this could apply to your fanficton idea.^^

The same principles of bending things but not completely deviating from what is possible, is what can apply here. Having Haruna come in as being one to possess Ryoko, traditional Japanese ghost style, could apply to their being her tree, though dormant or masking itself with knowing Juraians would put off energy from burials as a norm.

Having her come in this way and planning things the way you have in order for her to do as she wishes to, could really work out in its own way, its the fact of making it solid as a starting point that will really be the catch.

(P.S.) Ayeka not noticing the energy may in fact be one reason that perhaps the masking is done in an invisible low energy output way, rather than feeling the energy of Haruna’s tree, since that would spark her to ask if a Juraian was buried there.

evilpii
      Participant
      none

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Here is a bit of that little theory I have and how it could apply, should you still go forth on this idea.

After watching through TMIL2 tonight, I came to an interesting conclusion. When Juraians are buried, along with their tree, the tree as well as the soul of the owner may in fact still emit energy. Haruna’s tree in the last movie, may have used this as a way to mask itself: to hide in plain sight.

That could work, though one wonders if Haruna was so organized to diffuse purposefully her essence. The general feeling I got from Haruna was that she was desperate on some levels. I am leaning toward Haruna’s tree being too weak or disinterested to network with other trees.

I had been chatting with Chuck about whether or not the Juraian trees “ping” one another. If they are all connected to Tsunami, one wonders if they actively or passively detect one another. The general consensus seems to be that they may not. If so, then Ryu-Oh might not have sensed the camellia or Funaho.

shadowsfall0 wrote:

The same principles of bending things but not completely deviating from what is possible, is what can apply here. Having Haruna come in as being one to possess Ryoko, traditional Japanese ghost style, could apply to their being her tree, though dormant or masking itself with knowing Juraians would put off energy from burials as a norm.

Having her come in this way and planning things the way you have in order for her to do as she wishes to, could really work out in its own way, its the fact of making it solid as a starting point that will really be the catch.

Now, this might work better since after Haruna has her goal (a second life) in sight, she will protect it. Perhaps rather than planning ahead of time to use her camellia and its offspring in this malevolent way, it happens as a secondary action, when she is fully or partially discovered. Much like how she kicked Ryoko and Ayeka out of her parallel world, Haruna might show her more forceful side when cornered or threatened outright.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

I had been chatting with Chuck about whether or not the Juraian trees “ping” one another. If they are all connected to Tsunami, one wonders if they actively or passively detect one another.

In the OVA continuity… yes, considering they can synchronize with each other.

In the Universe continuity (TMiL2)… there is no Tsunami, just the nebulous “Jurai power” which doesn’t seem to directly involve individual-tree partnerships. Although there’s no basis to believe Haruna’s JP couldn’t have been strong enough to be passed through to her camellia tree. 😉

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

In the Universe continuity (TMiL2)… there is no Tsunami, just the nebulous “Jurai power” which doesn’t seem to directly involve individual-tree partnerships.

Tsushomei wrote:

Negishi’s isn’t a doujinshi. It’s an official piece of Tenchi merch in Japan.

Tsunami is in Negishi’s official manga for the film, so she is part of the continuity. Admittedly, this appearance does not elaborate heavily on her relationship with Jurai like Kajishima’s magnum opus, but her existence alone leads to speculation in parallel to the OVA. Thus, this idea cannot be summarily dismissed.

Nobuyuki wrote:

Although there’s no basis to believe Haruna’s JP couldn’t have been strong enough to be passed through to her camellia tree. 😉

I believe Haruna’s tree is connected through some Jurai ether to its offspring (i.e. those planted by Katushito in his youth), which is stated when Washu decides to use said offspring to propel Ryoko and Ayeka into Haruna’s world. This actually supports the idea that the trees are connected in some way.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Here this topic is for randomly putting ideas for Tenchi stuff and help writers enrich their story with other ideas or make a story out of this pool from other members suggestions.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Actually, we already have a thread for this. blush1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

evilpii wrote:

Actually, we already have a thread for this

This is more for a fresh start topic, like throwing any and every idea that everyone has. No real structure, just an idea soup and see what pops up from it.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Here this topic is for randomly putting ideas for Tenchi stuff and help writers enrich their story with other ideas or make a story out of this pool from other members suggestions.

Never hurts to start a new thread if you feel it’s warranted, but in light of the “help writers enrich their story” part, and the fact we want to try to keep things somewhat organized, “FanFic Ideas for All” has been merged with preexisting “Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions.”

Also FYI to everyone: since I couldn’t have done it better, please consult evilpii’s guidelines listed below when considering where to put your own fanfic-related stuff. It’s all welcomed, but since there are so many avenues it could take, try to find a good home for it. Thanks!

evilpii wrote:

For those wanting feedback on a work in progress, particularly editing, please see DarkPatu’s Beta Thread.

For those wanting to discuss lighthearted and thoughtful “what if” questions, please see Kiyoka’s What-If Thread.

For those wanting to post chapters of their work, please begin a new thread, much like Vegeta Muyo, TMIL3, and Homecomings.

And, to contribute to this thread (Ukinojo’s right, need some fresh activity here), I’ve probably listed this elsewhere (someone call me on it if I have) but in a crossover fanfic scenario I would quite enjoy a Universe crossing with the Outlaw Star crew. I think Aisha and Ryoko would be a riot!

segaman4
      Now this thread is up my ally! Well I’ve asked these questions before but i was wondering if the main charicters in my story should have a second generation ship or a 3rd generation ship?

Should I use yugi or tyrant shank as the main antagonist in my new arc?

What do you think of the dark kingdom from sailor moon influincing jurai behind the scenes?

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Some random ideas:

-hostage situation

-trying to do something out of boredom

-blurred morality lines situations

-losing streak for good guys

-survivalist individuals

-use of good or neutral characters in cruel scenarios

Quote:

segaman4 wrote:

Now this thread is up my ally! Well I’ve asked these questions before but i was wondering if the main charicters in my story should have a second generation ship or a 3rd generation ship?

Should I use yugi or tyrant shank as the main antagonist in my new arc?

What do you think of the dark kingdom from sailor moon influincing jurai behind the scenes?

Didn’t you settle on 3rd gen and Tyrant in your story after long debate in mchat

segaman4
      Yeah but only with only you and dagon. So I thought it appropriate to put it hear instead of just asking on the board
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

segaman4 wrote:

Yeah but only with only you and dagon. So I thought it appropriate to put it hear instead of just asking on the board

I think I remember you saying you finalized on Tyrant and you asking others and said almost all was decided on Yugi.

Tyrant is antagonist all the way round and can make any sophisticated plot around him. Yugi is child with god-like powers, an easy tragic-character, that in my opinion is not as strong in developing a story around unless combined with other characters.

segaman4
      Yeah and since everyone wants yugi,it will be yugi.shell be uused by tennon
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      using Z from OVA 3

while not going into liking or hating ova 3, Z is almost an blank slate character.

From what we know in glimpses of him in ova 2 he has 5 LHW and knows about higher order of beings and frequently deals with them. In ova 3 we see he was a soldier, trained and experienced battle. I feel like there’s something that can be done with him.

segaman4
      How about making noike an antangonist now that would be nice,

. Im planning to use her as one

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.