Favorite Baseball Team

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Favorite Baseball Team

• This topic is empty.
    Since it is that time of year again and the flowers are blooming off the ivy of Wrigley Field,the question doth come as to what your #1 favorite MLB team is,for those of you who love the game of baseball.

Myself even though I live here in the State of Washington and do root for the Mariners,my #1 MLB team still and always remains The Minnesota Twins. iloveit1

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yosho24
      Well, being from the New York metropolitan area; I’m a really big New York Yankees fan. My whole family has been Yankee fans going back for decades. So hardcore in fact, that When my father passed away, we actually buried him with a Yankees hat on his head.
      Anonymous
      In much the same fashion as Yosho here, my dad has been a Yankee’s fan all his life, and by association, the family was as well, we always have a Yankee’s flag waving out during the season.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      One does not simply live in south eastern PA without becoming intimately familiar with this thing:

http://blog.kitbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/alg_philly_phanatic.jpg" />

Needles to say, once the psychological imprinting of growing up with this monstrosity takes hold, it is impossible to root for any MLB team other than the Phillies without fearing for one’s life.

Fun Fact #1. When they won the world series in ’08 against the Rays (suck it, Tampa!) my school was canceled the day of the parade. Not because so many students skipped, but because two thirds of the teachers did as well!

Fun Fact #2. Jamie Moyer, the legendary Phillies pitcher who led us to glorious victory, went to my high school and was a classmate of my mom’s!

fun fact #3 Jamie Moyer is also one of the most beloved former Mariners whose nickname is not Junior or Bone.

Actually I have relatives back east who also are die hard Yankee fans(except one cousin who turned out to be a Mets fan..go figure.. 😆 🙄 ) in fact my uncle is such a die hard fan he named one of my cousins for Mickey Mantle!

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      It’s all in the Cards, except when it’s the Red Sox. :P
      I’m a Cubbie to the end. No regrets.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      The county breakdown is interesting.

And of course Florida is nearly completely Yankee-dominated. 😆

Nobuyuki wrote:

The county breakdown is interesting.

And of course Florida is nearly completely Yankee-dominated. 😆

Look further- it breaks it down by zip code as well!!!

Shouldn’t there be more of an overlap between Twins,Rockies and Mariners fans? Especially when you get into

Montana?

I know the Rockies got fans in Utah because ever since Seattle lost the Sonics here in Eastern Washington we’ve been

getting Jazz games on Spokane’s Root Sports station and during the months heading into Spring Training they’ll

start to do advertising for the Rockies games.

Interesting that they also show the Cubs and not the White Sox… 😆

Don’t the White Sox exist any more? 😆 iloveit1

for any White Sox fan out there just kidding…

Yeah but the Cubbies are in the NLDS and where exactly are the White Sox?

btw: the Twins were among the teams that nearly made the Wild Card this season but missed by

a game or two.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

where exactly are the White Sox?

They’ve won a World Series in the past 107 years already. ;)

Hopefully the ‘Birds will be on the bat tonight.

:later: Phooey. :(

:later later: So I’m wrong, again. Congratulations to the Cubs for making it to the LCS. Management seems to have this organization finally going in the right direction.

As a Cardinals fan, I say “Wait ’til next year!” ;)

And now we wait on the Dodgers and Mets to see who the Cubs will play.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      There’s a 67% chance I’ll be rooting for the AL.
      I want an all Midwest World Series. Royals vs. Cubs would be so epic!
      And now with the Cubbies down 0-2 it’s time for them to wake up their bats.
      Unless there’s a miracle it looks like it be the Mets this year instead of the Cubs…

So that prediction form Back To The Future just have to go the way of the flying Delorean.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

There’s a 67% chance I’ll be rooting for the AL.

Party in KC tonight/this morning! http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/toot.gif" />

Congrats,though as I said on the Kinofthestars forum I really wish it had gone on a bit longer.

Also congrats to the Mets for being NL champions even though they could only win that one game

at Citifield. de Grom is now one of my favorite pitchers.

We now take you back to our regularly scheduled Hot Stove League.

The Mariners and Rays made one of the first major trades since the World Series ended.

It was a six player deal and included a minor leaguer going from the Rays to Mariners named:

Boog Powell.

No, not that Boog Powell( too old for one thing),another player who the paper said was

not related to the Orioles player.

This is the first move made under new GM Jerry Dipoto since the naming of Scott Servais as new

M’s manager.

Well great news from both of my favorite teams:

1. The Twins got the rights to negotiate with the hot Korean player everyone in MLB was hoping to

land. Still don’t know where they put him after they get him though. OTOH they could really use his bat.

2. Ken Griffey,Jr. looks to be going into HOF, which is great news for the Ms.

Hisashi Iwakuma’s days with the Dodgers sure were short and he’s now back in Seattle again.
      This weekend we were forced to bid a sad farewell to a great player and gentleman: Dave Henderson.

Hendu will be missed by all baseball fans,especially Mariners, As and Red Sox fans. He died of an

heart attack at the too soon age of 57.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Ken Griffey,Jr. looks to be going into HOF, which is great news for the Ms.

Congrats to Junior and Pizza!

mmhmm1

Two guys who really deserved it.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Well, one who deserved it and one who earned it. ;)
      Well yeah…Junior definitely deserved it and Piazza earned it. Note non-of the Steroid tainted

nominees made it this year again.

Ironically in the paper they had a picture of Junior with A-Rod in happier times before the

latter turned into a Douchebag.

Well Pete Rose is finally getting into a HOF: the Reds HOF that is.
      *Bump*

Well now that everyone is suffering from Post-Football Let Down let’s not forget that :

SPRING TRAINING BEGINS IN A FEW WEEKS! iloveit1

Yes, it’s time to have once more to let Hope Spring Eternal for everyone who doesn’t root for

that team in the Bronx.

Only a few weeks before the start of the first Spring Training games begin.
      Spring Training is now under way! The wait is finally over. soawesome1 iloveit1
      *Bump Again*

So now time to root for the Cubbies and Dodgers. But especially for the Cubbies. I wonder if the Earth will tilt on its

axis if they actually win the World Series.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Most interesting scenario is Indians – Cubs. Go Sox!

It begins!

Blue Jays – Rangers

Red Sox – Indians

Giants – Cubs

Dodgers – Nationals

I would love to see that!
      Cubbies need one more win to make it to the World Series against the Indians.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/10693_4.jpg" />

Your wish has been granted!

I’ll congratulate them, wish them luck and express my admiration for Epstein and Co. getting the team organized to this point, but I can’t bring myself to root for them. ;)

Well the Cubbies managed to stay alive for at least one more game. If they can just make it into game 7 now…
      I said it before and I will say it again: The Cubs are one miracle away from their first World Series Championship in 108

years!

I also said it before but it’s worth repeating again: if they win you will have one of the biggest celebrations in the history of

sports!

I think this will trump(pardon the pun)the election on Tuesday.

Only four months before Catchers and Pitchers report to Spring Training.

Speaking of Catchers the Twins picked up one from the Astros since Suzuki seems to be on the way out.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.