Favorite Voice Actors/Actresses

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Favorite Voice Actors/Actresses

• This topic is empty.
    I looked through the forum and couldn’t find anything like this so I thought I’d start a thread. Like the title says, I’m just curious who you guys enjoy most. It’s really hard to pick, but I think my favorite for the guys is Beau Billingslea. I know, he’s not real diverse in his vocal range, but I find it very pleasant to listen to. For the girls, I’m gonna go with Wendee Lee. Some other favorites, in no particular order…

Petrea Burchard

Kate Vogt

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

Lisa Ann Beley

Colleen Clinkenbeard

Steve Blum

Bob Buckholz

Brian Drummond

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Well, just to save time, I’ll list the Tenchi cast! :Tenchismile: Most of them didn’t go on to do many other anime roles (or even VO roles, for that matter). Not to say at all that it wasn’t for lack of talent (it’s more like they all have very different interests, passions and talents, and in some cases voice acting was one of the last things they thought they’d get into, but it just happened to work out that way–not that they didn’t love doing it) they all gave top-notch performances for Tenchi Muyo! and as long as there’s fans like us, they will be remembered for it more-or-less forever (& in my opinion, that’s something pretty cool to be remembered for).

And, not dissing on V.A’s who find consistent work (especially within anime circles) but the fact that, say, Petrea Burchard has only done Ryoko as an anime character makes the character Ryoko that much more distinct and unique, and the experience that much more enjoyable (imo). But I digress…

Jonny Yong Bosch and Jeff Nimoy (both from Trigun) definitely come to mind in terms of personal favorites and voice talent I’ve not heard much in other anime, so I identify their voices so strongly with their respective characters. And, much like Tenchi Muyo! (maybe I’m just biased towards older series circa Toonami era) their performances made characters like Vash and Wolfwood unforgettable to me.

Getting back to V.A’s that find work consistently…Chris freakin’ Sabat! Sure he gets alot of work with Funi (& in other circles) but 1: he’s good, so of course he’s going to get re-hired, & 2: as unmistakable as his voice is to hardcore fans, he really does have an incredible vocal range (Piccolo and Vegeta from DBZ, Alex Louis Armstrong from FMA) which lends itself to diversity amongst his roles (plus, he’s just a really really cool guy!)

Vic Mignogna–as I’ve heard previously via forum–love/hate him as you will (I have literally no idea what kind of a person he is in real life) but as a voice actor, it’s pretty hard to dispute his abilities. He also has an unmistakable voice (he can tweak it a bit) yet in spite of this (or perhaps because of it in his case) he doesn’t have trouble finding work, and every role I’ve ever seen him in, I’ve been nothing short of amazed.

Great, now I got myself to thinking of Fullmetal Alchemist 🙄 I’ll try to keep this brief for everyone’s sake.

Kent Williams (awesome villain/announcer-type voice)

Ed Blaylock (pretty underrated imo, & I think he does/used to do radio before being discovered by Funi)

Caitlin Glass (she’s everywhere, & for good reason)

Ooh! Next tangent! A voice actor who’s nearly-literally been in every anime you’ve ever seen? A voice actor that was not only on the programs broadcasted via Toonami, but is universally recognized as the voice of Toonami…of course I’m talking about…

Steve Blum!!!

I won’t even attempt to list all the roles he’s done, but if you want to look for yourself, seriously…he’s been in everything! His most recent roles I’ve enjoyed him in include the antagonist in Avatar: The Legend of Korra and reprising his role as Toonami Tom. I also admire him for playing a large role in personally directing fan-driven efforts via youtube and twitter to bring back Toonami; professionals will do their jobs professionally, but in Steve’s case–I think he wanted to board the Absolution and bring back Toonami just as much (if not more) than any of the fans.

There’s my “short” list 😆 sorry I rambled (great idea for a thread!)

here’s to hoping I’ll get to meet Steve Blum this year at NebrasKon!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      *crack knuckles*

I’ll repeat some of the mentioned in my list:

Actresses:

Sherry Lynn

Ruby Marlowe

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

Petrea

Jodi Benson

Tara Strong

Tress MacNeille

Japanese Seiyuu:

Megumi Hayashibara

Yuri Amano

Kotono Mitsuishi

Aya Hisakawa

Yuko Mizutani

Actors:

Stephen Blum

Matthew K. Miller

Jamie McGonnigal

Greg Ayres

Frank Welker

Jim Cummings

Charles Adler

Daran Norris

Rob Paulson

Seiyuu:

Tohru Furuya

Masami Kikuchi

Thorn
      *smacks forehead* How could I forget Tara Strong and Frank Welker??
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none

Thorn wrote:

*smacks forehead* How could I forget Tara Strong and Frank Welker??

I had a ton of others that I didn’t include in that list ^_^; There are just so many that I like.. Like Veronica Taylor or Nancy Cartwright…

Thorn
      Well, I was thinking in terms of anime when I did my list, so I missed several that deserve mention. Even then, I still missed several anime VAs worthy of mention. So much talent!
      VAs:

1.Michelle Ruff

2.Wendee Lee

3.Steven Jay Blum

4.Johnny Yong Bosh

5.Kirby Morrow

6.Moneca Stori

7.Kelly Sheridan

8.Richard Ian Cox

9.Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

Seiyuus:

1.Inoue Kikuko

2.Ohara Sayaki

3.Yukino Satsuki

4.Tanaka Rei

5.Hayashibara Megumi

6.Horie Yui

7.Yukana

8.Hikami Kyoko

9.Doi Mika

10.Imai Yuka

11.Tsuru Hiromi

12.Honda Cheiko

13.Yokoyama Chisa

14.Miyamura Yuuku

15.Tomizawa Michie

16.Hisakawa Aya

17.Mitsuishi Kotono….etc….

(There’s more but that be a long list!!!!! 🙄 😆 )

Thorn
      Okay, here’s my favorite non-anime VAs:

Billy West

Tress MacNeille

Nancy Cartwright

Dan Castellaneta

Frank Welker

Tara Strong

Tom Kenny

Thorn wrote:

Okay, here’s my favorite non-anime VAs:

Billy West

Tress MacNeille

Nancy Cartwright

Dan Castellaneta

Frank Welker

Tara Strong

Tom Kenny

How about simply saying the cast of The Simpsons? 😆

Thorn
      Or Futurama for that matter. XD
      I just looked up Squid Girl and looks like my Tanaka Rei collection is going to increase by one. :D
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      *Brings thread back from the dead*

Well some of you know who the new addition to my favorites list is… But in my original post I forgot the lovely Pokemon cast and East Coasters;

Michele Knotz

Rachael Lillis

Eric Stuart

Veronica Taylor

Jimmy Zoppi

And though not with us anymore, Maddi Blaustein.

Also Caitlin Glass, Jessica Calvello and Brittany Lauda. One of my friends just got their first anime role, perhaps I’ll add him at some point :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.