For Washuu – ch. 2: The Dormant Mind

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction For Washuu – ch. 2: The Dormant Mind

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Short chapter here. Mainly it’s to explain the ending action of 1:Transfer.

2: The Dormant Mind

“Miss Washuu? Miss Washuu?” Echoed a blond voice through the cavernous laboratory. The genius tensed.

“Huh? Mihoshi? Say back! I told you-“

“It’s alright, Washuu. I’m here.” Cut in a third voice, as its owner walked into the dim lighting of the scientist’s inner sanctum. Ayeka, the crown princess of Jurai, was the speaker, and it told the petite, red-headed scientist that she needn’t worry for her lab.

However, Washuu still couldn’t let them see what had kept her shut up in her lab for the last four days. Not quite yet.

“No, Ayeka, Mihoshi, whatever it is, I can’t help you. I’m still busy.”

“Aww, aren’t you ever going to get done with that, Washuu? Say, just what is it that’s keep you all cooped up in here?” Mihoshi was about to start looking around, but Ayeka knew better.

“Come along, miss Mihoshi.” She retorted. “I’m not about to leave you in this lab to wreak havoc on… whatever it is Washuu is working on now, so we’ll just have to wait to see what she’s up to.”

Washuu smiled behind their backs as Ayeka half-dragged the protesting blond up the steps to the door. “Oh, you’ll see, that’s for sure.”

Ayeka stopped just short of opening the subspace-portal door to leave. “Did you say something just now?”

“Oh, nothing Ayeka, nothing at all!” the scientist replied with a grin.

The princess looked befuddled. “Ah- well… If you say so, miss Washuu.” she agreed and stepped through the doorway, through millions of light-years, and in to the Masaki home.

Chagrin covered the redhead’s face. “LITTLE Washuu! I told you to call me LITTLE Washuu!”

She sighed and grudgingly returned to the console giving read-outs on the boy.

The boy she couldn’t explain. The boy who, for once, presented a challenge to the greatest genus scientist in the universe.

Washuu chuckled at the thought and leaned against the table.

“It would seem that you’ll just have to decide to wake up on your own.” She said to the comatose 17-year-old.

‘But who knows when that will happen? Even I can’t say for certain if his mind-layers will re-align.’ Washuu thought to herself. She had flipped the switch on the bindings she placed to hold his conscious and sub-conscious together, keeping him from awakening when his body was too weak to sustain full consciousness.

“But even when your body heals, no outside stimulus will be able to wake you. You’ll have to want to… Elliot.” Her finger traced a meaningless pattern on the boy’s forehead and she left the table.

“I have got to get some sleep,” The scientist said. “Tomorrow. I’ll worry more about all this tomorrow.” Washuu tapped a key on her holo-top and a cylindrical barrier formed around the table. “Let’s see Mihoshi get through THAT.”

Content, she turned and walked through a door that hadn’t been there before. The door closed, faded, and the room was still.

“Washuu… was that Washuu?” The boy saw a scene. A scene of him, dying and bloodied, at the wheel. As he gazed down upon himself, a blurry form approached and circled his truck. It left, and something in the sky cast a shadow over the area. The shadow hazed, and then he, the truck, and tree that had lodged itself into the engine… were gone. A dull shadow of their image remained for a short moment, and then melted and sank out of sight.

“What? Where am I?” The boy cried out. He felt himself being pulled away from the scene, but he didn’t move. He hung there, pulled on and pulled on, until the scene faded to black.

He couldn’t see, and yet… he liked it. Nothing to hear, nothing to see, nothing to know, but-

“Where am I? WHERE AM I?!?” He cried out before blanking, before contentedness enveloped him.

==========

Chapter three is in the working/writing, as is four and the epic “Chapter 5: Seina Who?”.

Please do comment!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      This segment seems to be just a peek into what’s happening around Elliot. It confirms Washu’s aid to the young man, though not necessarily her actual motives.

I’m still wondering why Ayeka and Mihoshi were involved here at all. They walked on stage, dropped a few characteristic lines, and then wandered off. They didn’t really have any effect on the scene and seem unnecessary. Their purpose of letting the reader know Washu was away could have been easily served by Washu musing to herself, or by a grumbling stomach.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Maybe so, but it’s how it happened in my mind, and so that’s how it is.

Also, I’m a believer in the “unintentional devious genius” Mihoshi. Not radically like many, but I do think that she’s the type that would act ditzy so as to see what Washuu’s up to. And this was an opportunity. ;)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.