For Washuu – ch. 3: Who?

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction For Washuu – ch. 3: Who?

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Okay, fourth installment! And the others start getting some lines, too.

Again, don’t be stupid and assume that I’m claiming ownership of the Tenchi Muyo characters in this fanfiction and sue me, and don’t be so stupid as to think that I’m NOT claiming ownership of myself, who is a main character in the fanfiction, because that would be sad. [Gasps for breath.]

I’ll be putting up a Ch. 3.5, ’cause I felt the ending line here was just too cool to follow up.

Aaannndddd….

“Everybody, I have an announcement to make.”

It was dinner time at the Masaki house, and its various inhabitants had been gathered to eat.

After a week of absence, they hadn’t expected Washuu to show for dinner…

“It’s about my latest work.”

…Much less for her to have news about what had been keeping her busy for so long.

All eyes were on the scientist now, even Ryoko, who had been having a good time with her sake. Miso and rice now set aside, everybody waited for the geinus to continue.

“You all know I’ve been busy for a while now, right?”

“You have?” piped up a tanned GP detective. Ryoko and Ayeka face-vaulted.

“Of COURSE she has, you dimwit!” the pirate shot back.

“Really, now, Mihoshi, where HAVE you been the past week?” Ayeka added.

“I- I didn’t know, I just-” Mihoshi began to reply, but Ryoko and Ayeka were already on her again.

Washuu looked at the situation with annoyance. Even after twenty thousand years, she was still irritated to no end by certain things.

“LISTEN UP, WILL YOU?!” She shouted at the the bickering “adults”. They quickly sat back down, but continued to glare at the ditzy blond across the table.

“Now that I have your attention AGAIN, I have a little something to show you: the subject of my latest work.”

“Uhhmm… Whaere aem… Ai?” The boy looked around the lab in disbelief. He looked, or rather, tried to look, turning his head from side to side as he lay on the cold, metal examination table.

“Th- This isss…” He began to say, but- “Ohhhhh, my head.”

He wasn’t really up to processing his surroundings at that point. Right then, he just wanted to know what had happened, and why he couldn’t move. Especially since he wasn’t restrained in the least.

‘Wait, Elliot, your head moved. Do that again.’ He shook his head no, telling himself that he was to weak to start moving again.

‘Good! So you can move your head. Now lift a finger.’ His mind continued.

‘Now listen here!’ he thought back. He shoved a finger in his own face accusingly. ‘You’re getting a bitto cocky, ordering me around like-‘

‘Good! You got your whole arm off the table! Nice work, Elliot.’

The boy’s mind was quiet as he stared at the finger he had pointed at himself. A slow minute passed.

‘Really?’ The boy thought to himself in the flattest tone he could imagine.

‘I guess we’d better be getting up now, shouldn’t we?’ His thoughts hinted to him.

‘Sure. Whatever.’ He thought back. Pain returned to his body as he rolled and pushed, rising from the table. ‘Anything to get you to shut up.’

“And here he is!” Washuu said with a final keystroke. She snapped her fingers and a holo-screen appeared next to the table.

“He?” Ayeka wondered. The screen came to life and a view of the genius’ lab came up. In view was a tall console, an examination table, and-

“What? Where’d he go?!?” Washuu exclaimed. Her finger traced the laptop’s screen and the view panned back and forth around the lab to no avail. She squinted at the screed and pondered. “How did he-“

“You keep saying ‘he’, Little Washuu.” Tenchi noted, confused.

“Yeah, is it someone we’re supposed to meet?” Nobuyuke added.

“As if you’d care much about guys.” Ryoko said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Tenchi’s father shot back.

“Settle down, will you!” Washuu commanded.

Elliot had known pain in his life, in fact he and pain were pretty good acquaintances. He couldn’t remember when he didn’t have abrasions and cuts from the various activities and games he’d play, mostly on his own. He never cared to bandage them, though; He knew that they would heal in time.

He counted as he walked across the lab.

“One: arm. Two: foot. Three: hand. Four: shoulder. Five: foot…again. Six:…” He stopped at the door of the laboratory, looking, but he couldn’t see through the hazy glass in front of him. “…skull. Gosh I’ve broken a lot of bones in my time.” he thought to himself with a dry tone.

Yes, The boy had been a knowing rival of pain for years, now.

He pushed open the door and pivoted. ‘Left.’ the boy thought to himself. He kept walking because he knew that the second he stopped, he would have time to think too much about all the pain he was feeling. He mused about it anyways.

‘Gosh. I don’t think I’ve ever been so intimate with pain before. It’s so cozy I could puke.’ The boy smirked as he walked and limped and thought. He wondered if he’d recognize the people he’d seen clustered around a TV screen when he exited the lab. They had seemed familiar as he turned, but he lost sight of them out of his peripheral vision quickly. ‘And then I walked through… a kitchen?’ He asked himself as he walked. He turned and plodded in a different direction.

‘I.. I think so.’ his mind replied.

‘Some help you are. Why don’t you tell me which way to go next, mister brains?’ He didn’t even notice his unintentional pun.

‘Turn left again.’ He did.

‘Wait, I turned left a minute ago?’

‘That would be right.’ His memory noted.

‘No, he turned left. he himself shot back.

‘I’m not saying that. I mean that he turned the right way.’ Memory retorted.

‘As in to the right? I don’t think so!’

‘I didn’t say that I said that you were correct in saying-‘

‘That’s it! Everybody -strike that- any part of my mind that is communicating with me, quit it!’ he ordered, and there was (finally) quiet in his head.

The boy plodded on, and limped, and turned, and limped, and plodded on.

Washuu rose from where she sat. “Never mind. I’ll just go and find him.”

“Miss Washuu, who is this person you keep referring to?” Ayeka inquired.

“Yeah, who are you talking about?” Mihoshi added.

“I told you,” the genus scientist spat back for the lab door “NOT to call me MISS!”

The door slammed, and a truly awkward moment ensued as everyone in turn looked to the others and continued to stare at the door to Washuu’s lab.

“More miso?” Sasami offered, timidly.

Six bowls slid toward the center of the table and Sasami reached for the ladle, but it didn’t feel like it was scooping up any soup. Upon actually looking at the pot, she realized that it was empty.

“Oops!” The others at the table looked at the pot as well, and Sasami blushed. “I’ll get it.”

The young girl went off to the kitchen to retrieve some more soup, only to come back a minute later empty-handed.

“Tenchi, I think something’s been in the kitchen while we were eating.”

“Really? What’s wrong?”

“There’s… umm…” Sasami trailed off.

“Well, whatever it is, I’ll take care of it.” Nobuyuke chimed in. He got up and was in the doorway to the kitchen when he quickly stopped, his mouth open.

“Gaaa! Blood! What’s THAT doing there?” He cried out. Everybody was up and at the door then, staring at the drips that lined from one side of the kitchen to the other.

“Oh, my goodness!.” Mihoshi exclaimed.

“What in the world is going on?” Tenchi asked, looking at the rest of them. They all wore the same expression he had, so he looked back at the kitchen, trying to find the source of this new… development.

“I think,” a voice behind them drawled. Six heads spun back to eye the source of the voice.

“That would be me.”

=======

Here is where you post a comment about what went wrong and what went right and all that stuff. 8-)

[And the scull fracture is NOT why I’m like this today. :mrgreen: ]

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Oh, come on. Please, somebody read this… and review?
      good god im just loving this fanfiction, i can’t stop putting myself in the place of you!

im just so sad that the next part hasn’t been put out yet!

review wise its gold!

i see nothing wrong with the story as i don’t know any more than is revealed.

the only thing im confuzzled about is what your wearing during this chapter…is he nude?

If you mentioned it during another chapter its always nice to go over it (not necessarily as detailed in this chapter just because your readers would already have a picture from the first chapter) again.

other than that im waiting for the next chapter with lots of enthusiasm!

my apologys for the late response as well!

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Aah! Clothes. I knew I had forgotten something. :D

Yeah, I had meant to sneak a description in there. Must have forgotten.

Since I’m not going to re-load the said revision, I’ll just tell you now that I’m (in this case) wearing jeans that have a tear on the outside of the left knee, a polo with the right shoulder torn off, and mangled, black high-top tennis shoes. Not like girly high-top booties, just taller shoes than your normal tennis shoes. Above the ankle.

GAAAH! I’m rambling again! 😳 [My bad.]

Ch 3.5 (it’s really not a new chapter, just an extension of this on)… um… coming soon!

its no problem!

i just thought it would be hilarious if he was nude

XD

washu would definitely do that

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Not in this case, she wouldn’t. >:|

To pull from chapter 4, I am a completely new box of rock to the genius scientist: A person who comes from a different universe. She’s probably never had to deal with such a person, and she most DEFINITELY hasn’t had to bring one back from a near-death state. (that’s the whole ‘conscious/subconscious stuff in ch 1. She wanted to at least get my story on how I got there, just in case something happened, or if I didn’t survive. The switch she throws at the end of ch1 severs the ties from my conscious mind to unconscious and body, making it so that I wouldn’t regain consciousness, which was a state my body couldn’t sustain while that badly damaged. But then I couldn’t be woken up , either…) So you can understand she would be pretty serious about the situation, and that she would want to leave the character (me) as unaffected as possible, in case he (I’m) dimensionally unstable.

Yeah, Washuu’s not in much of a joking mood right about now.

By the way, what did you think of the last line?

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Reading this segment, I wonder at Washu’s purpose in announcing Elliot’s existence to the household. Is she looking for help with him, or just explaining her long absence? Also, what is with his self-conversations? I’m assuming this too will be answered in due course.

A bit of annoyance here was the lack of transition words like “meanwhile” or “elsewhere”. The change from Elliot’s situation to the household-at-large was a bit jarring, particularly since they seem to be concurrent.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Eh. That’s kind of intentional. The writing style is supposed to be a bit “what the-?”, like Evangelion of FLCL (without the “WTF” factor). That’s why it’s a lot of shifting perspective without a clutch, so to speak.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.