For Washuu – info and ch. 0: Prelude

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction For Washuu – info and ch. 0: Prelude

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Okay, folks. I’ve asked a couple q’s and got a few a’s, so I decided that I would post the first chapter of my fanfiction story. Or book. (It’s pretty long, in concept.)

First there’s the disclaimers:

Idon’townTenchiMuyooranyofthecharacterstherein,theybelongtowhoeverboughtPioneer,sojustBUGOFF ANDDON’TSUEME,BECAUSEI’MBROKE!

[bows] “Thank you. Thank you.”

WARNING: This is a self-insertion fanfic. Make sure you read this if you hate self-insertion ficts. It will make you more defined in character by honing your disgust for self-insertion fanfiction.

WARNING: This work of fanfiction might not make ANY SENSE whatsoever. Do not judge it by its unanswered questions and unexplained situations. I assure you that I have quite thoroughly thought out the mechanics behind how the story and crossing-over works, it just isn’t explained in chapter 1 because that would most likely be shallow and boring. Remember how Tenchi Muyo doesn’t answer all its questions right away (or ever, sometimes)? This is similar. Soooo… It’s like Tenchi Muyo! :mrgreen:

Er, right.

ALSO, this fanficis written from the perspective of someone who has extensive knowledge of the Tenchi Muyo series, so some things such as character descriptions, I never bothered to add. And, because of some intentionally blurry descriptions and references, certain characters won’t be recognizable to those not familiar with cannon Tenchi Muyo lore. That includes OVA 1-2, GXP, and the novels. (Though I haven’t used the novels… yet.8-) )

Anyways, on to the real part.

0: Prelude

It all starts with a boy, late in his seventeenth year of life, strapped to an operation table in a vast laboratory that would put any mad scientist’s lab to shame. Anyone entering it for the first time could find themself distracted for hours by the many wonders within its countless walls. There were five whole planets to explore, every one of them filled with the most advanced technology known to any and all races in the universe. Great glass columns greeted one’s eyes from the back of the main lab as soon as they could be seen, this one with the form of its creator, that one with a green, gelatinous mass, and heaven knows what in the rest.

To the left and right, scattered like trivial and infantile toys, lay great machines of war and devices of the most ingenious crafting, and yet no attention was being paid to such inventions now.

Now the only thing the mastermind of this technological fortress looked to was a plain metal table placed so conspicously in the middle of the floor that an on-looker would most likely pass by it without even realizing it was there. On that table lay something yet more advanced and prized than the total of everything else to be seen, a certain something that no amount of time or money or knowledge or expertise could create: A human life.

A dull hum of machinery hung in the dead silence as the greatest scientific genius in the universe gazed down upon the mutilated form of the boy laying below her. She tucked a wayward strand of long, red hair back into place and rested her head onto her hand. She glanced up at a terminal as various colors and shapes flickered across it, and began to question to herself, almost aloud.

“What is it about this boy… numbers don’t usually lie, and besides… nobody can make that happen,” she pondered to herself as the data continued to be reported by the computers. “Unless…”

She paused for a minute and looked back down at the body on the table.

“How DID you get here, boy?” She questioned, almost to herself.

She turned back to the computer consol as if she had figured out how to answer her question, and began typing rapidly.

SET :: SUB-CONSCIENCE ANALYSIS PROGRAM :: BEGIN

QUERY :ORIGIN [VIA CHRON RECALL]

PROGRAM VISUAL :NAJA

OBSCURE PROG VIS :TRUE

NON-C AWARE :TRUE

SUB-C AWARE :TRUE

C AWARE :FALSE [LOCK]

DISPLAY :SCENARIO

EXECUTE

The screen flickered, and the form of a young girl with flowing silvery-blue hair appeared on it. The girl turned to face its creator and spoke in a voice that seemed to waft out of the computer’s speakers with an almost childish softness.

“Shall I bring in the mist now, master?”

The scientist shook her head. “Not yet.” She tapped out a command on her keypad, and, when she had finished, a visual copy of the boy on the table formed on the screen. The girl turned toward it.

“Is this the subject, then?”

“Yes, he is, but, um…”

The girl looked up at the scientist genius.

“Master, what is it?”

“He shouldn’t understand this on his own, but still, don’t let on to what’s happening, alright?” the genius said. “I’m not sure how his astral form would react.” continued the scientist, mainly to herself. “Or if his conscious form would survive”

The girl on the screen nodded knowingly, and, with a toss of her head, a mist came and obscured her features like a silvern shroud.

Within the boy’s mind…

Mist. And wonder. Peace. Quiet. But not too quiet. Like being next to a shallow waterfall as it lands on a shallow rock with a shallow, pattering noise. And all the rest of the world is so deep. And distant. Far out in the mist.

In such a place a person doesn’t bother to think much. He would much rather just be, and be without worrying about petty logic and complex thought.

“Hello, there.”

“What? Oh, hello.”

“What’s your name?”

“Me? My… my name’s Elliot.”

“Are you feeling alright?”

“Oh, I guess I’m doing well enough. The scenery here kind of puts me out of it, but I’m fine. And you?”

The misty figure tilted her head, though that might not have been noticed.

“I…” It stopped and thought for a second before replying just as it had heard.

“I’m fine.”

A minute passed as the boy sat in silence.

‘Not in silence. Silence is madness…’ the boy thought to himself. ‘In stillness. In peace and solitude. Not silence.’

The silver haze came closer to him and, if he had paid attention, he would have guessed that it sat down next to him. But he wasn’t paying attention to that. He wasn’t paying much attention to anything.

“So… what have you been doing lately?” The mist wondered aloud.

“I’m not really sure. It’s not something I’m too worried about.”

“Could you tell me, please? I don’t get to talk to people often here.”

For once the boy actually looked at the being next to him. He could tell that it was a girl from its voice, and after a minute of staring into the mist he could make out that it was a young girl. Maybe seven years old.

He thought for a minute that something looked familiar to him, but the mist shifted and the thought was lost.

“Uh, well, I guess I could.”

Somehow he could tell that the girl had a big smile on under that mist, and he smiled back.

“Let me think for a minute, first.” he said as he laid back in the… grass? It wasn’t grass. It wasn’t rock, like the waterfall sound would imply, either. It just… was.

The misty figure descended by him. It wasn’t obviously reclining but seemed to hover next to him as it wait for the boy to start.

“Actually, there’s a LOT that could use explaining…” he trailed off.

The mist shifted as if waiting for him to begin. The boy hesitated for a minute, and then asked, “You seem understanding. Do you mind if I ramble for a minute?”

The girl shook her head in approval, but quickly realized that the boy couldn’t see her clearly.

“Go ahead. I’ll listen.”

Back in the lab, every word being said scrolled across the screen, but the scientist wanted to hear the boy for herself. She leaned in toward the screen and speakers.

The boy closed his eyes and began.

===========

(Chapter 1 picks up right at the end here, so go directly there to continue the story. Oh, and ‘silvern’ [spelled that way] IS a word.)

C&C welcome, but no flames, please. :|

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Replies
      i must say this is a superb example of a self insertion

i dont really have much to critique yet, as there is not much to this short opening.

as for questions i have a few

i noticed the command line held the word NAJA in it.

im curoius but is the silver-blue haired girl mentioned above the one from OVA3?

then this will answer the command line text naja for me.

as to how she became separate from noike ill guess ill find out wont i?

*goes to read chapter t2

as a side note i feel that you are more than welcome in the fanfiction thread and i myself have begun work on my own book.

if you would not mind it terribly, could you read my fanfiction and post some critique?]

act 2 of chapter 1 will be up shortly hopefully by the end of the week.

as usual i appreciate ALL forms of critque, good or bad.

ill even accept flaming so long as you take the time to explain how bad i was at it.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Ah, yes. Naja.

The whole thing with her (and the command line is a bit of a give-away), is apparent in the prompt on that line:

PROGRAM VISUAL

That is, an avatar.

The whole scene in ch. 1 is not really happening. Umm….

Aww, what the heck, let me explain. (even though it does ruin some of the questions)

I’m unconscious, and Washuu is having a computer program converse with my sub-conscious or non-conscious mind. To make the program work on humans, she needs a human or humanoid avatar for the program to appear as, or else the program would be imperceptible to the subject. Even if the program just had a voice, it would have to have a model for that voice or one made from scratch.

As for Naja, Washuu didn’t technically use her, but rather had previously made a software re-construction as a program visual for such occasions as holograms, false manifestations, and programs that need an avatar. The one she sets up in this prelude, for example. ;) Washuu chose to use Naja’s avatar because, as Naja was a young child in that instance, it is a more reassuring one than, say, Doctor Clay.

So Naja was never actually separated from Noike. It was just a visual/audial/personality mirroring.

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Reading the prelude, I was interested to know the reason for Washu’s study of this particular person. Likely, I’ll read on to find what is meant by her words regarding him, as well as the cause of his apparent wounds. This piece reminded me of my own opening to Tenchi vs. MiB, so far as tone and intentionally vague description. In that, I’m pleased with it. ^^v

However, I’m curious about the remark regarding the sanctity of human life. Washu herself has created and manipulated the structure of living beings before. Doesn’t this contradict some of what is said?

The author’s note is distracting to me. Much of it seems an allusion to The Last Action Hero and similar stories of the mingling between “reality” and “fiction”. Perhaps this might have been better integrated into the piece by either Washu’s thoughts or in later chapters from the boy’s point of view.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Erm.. “The Last Action Hero”? What’s that?
      evilpii
      Participant
      none

For Washuu wrote:

Erm.. “The Last Action Hero”? What’s that?

Last Action Hero is a John McTiernan action film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. It tells of a boy who receives a magical ticket that allows him to enter his favorite action film. Its story is starkly similar to the tale you’re trying to tell with Elliot and Shayne.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.