free mmo engines and game engines notes

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat free mmo engines and game engines notes

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    i know some of you have told me about some of the free game engines like unity and steam. im making this so i dont forget about what i learned from people here on the forum. i think it will also help out other people who are not experience in the game creator field like myself. i love hearing input on how to do things in this field. but like i said before it hard to remember everything that people say at once. so far im using a free engine called unity to get used to playing with these programs. is there any free mmo based engines out there if so please leave a link or give me a name and i’ll look for it. also if there are any other free engines that are out there for mmo or single player or if there are some that have both please let me know. i enjoy the chats about this topic on mini chat. well i look forward to advice on anything in this line of work.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      MMO Engines aren’t exactly something that are just lying around. Everyone who has ever made one has built their own from the ground up to suit their needs for map size, data streaming, polished netcode for player compensation, etc. A lot of engines available for third party use have basic netcode built in but you really aren’t going to be seeing large MMO numbers in those. It’s just the way things are. MMOs, due to their sheer size, require a bit more going into them than your average Unreal Engine 3 Indie Game.
      ookamilord
      Participant
      thanks. just trying to get as much info as possible. so far my current motto is i play games i dont make them. so outside of using unity for some reason is the best recommendation for noobs. well at least thats what i read in reviews. after i get used to unity would the next step be moving to unreal or is there a step up software from noob to novice etc. i want get better but from what i found there are debates on what software is better after the noobs get use to unity. some say that unreal is the next step is that true. then there are debates on after so many players they charge you etc. kiyonesmile1
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.