Ghost in the Shell

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Ghost in the Shell

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    A new GITS anime has been announced.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-15/ghost-in-the-shell-arise-anime-to-launch-in-2013

Ghost in the Shell Arise, coming sometime this year. I’m excited, as I am a big fan of the films and Stand Alone Complex series…. I’ve got signed manga, tachikoma and a poster. I’d also love to see the voicework from SAC return, especially Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Motoko.

While we’re at it, any other fans of Ghost in the Shell? It really was one of the inspirations for the Matrix films, smartly written and beautifully animated.

I like 2013 already; New Sailor Moon and now new GITS.

Viewing 92 reply threads
  • Replies
      devilbecka
      GET in FFFFemo im a fan myself!
      Almael
      Nice!

Matrix? What’s that? 😈 If I remember it right. It was just a backstage insider tip back then. No hype at all.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Good to see. :D

Hmm… new staff, new direction? I shall adjust my expectations accordingly.

Might be good, might not be… we’ll see when it launches.
      jgzinv
      I like me some GitS: SAC… not as keen on the original movies.

We’ll see what happens.

It wouldn’t be the same if the Major had a different VA.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Watching the announcement livestream now… waiting for them to get to the point Zzz.

(30 minutes later)

– set in 2027 (so, prequel-ish)

– 4 parts, each 50 minutes running time, starting June 22nd, theatrical/BR/DVD/streaming.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1c-T-ox-E[/BBvideo]

Predominantly red color scheme, but she’s got a bike now… I could get behind this. 😉

(28 minutes laterer)

– Section 9 included

– Maaya Sakamoto as Motoko (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypu5bQB9LCU[/BBvideo]

So this is DEFINENTLY a prequel we’re looking at here, judging from not only Motoko’s general (physical) stature, but also the little things like Aramaki’s hair color, the fact that Batou hasn’t shaved his head yet, etc.
      But why does Togusa look the same?

mitsuki lover wrote:

But why does Togusa look the same?

He actually looks a little younger. Go back to the series and double check for yourself.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m going to be that guy right now that knows absolutely nothing about GiTS but really loves the look of it and wants to get into it as soon as possible. Can you guys give me a SUCCINCT lowdown of the different installments in this franchise and a recommended watching order so I can get caught up?

chucklocker wrote:

I’m going to be that guy right now that knows absolutely nothing about GiTS but really loves the look of it and wants to get into it as soon as possible. Can you guys give me a SUCCINCT lowdown of the different installments in this franchise and a recommended watching order so I can get caught up?

Movies and TV series follow two different continuities. Both deviate from source manga, but are fine in their realms. If you want a good sit-down for a while thing, watch GitS and GitS 2: Innocence. If you want it in bits and pieces that make more cohesive sense, however, watch both seasons of the show and the ‘Solid State Society’ film.

Solid State Society was the first title run on Syfy’s Animonday.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Solid State Society was the first title run on Syfy’s Animonday.

I’m still beating myself up for not taping that when it first aired… before it hit DVD.

Yeah you and a lot of other people,especially since they never replayed it.

Interesting enough didn’t Techtv’s anime block:Anime Unleashed also begin with the airing of a Shirow

title,in that case Armitage III:Polymatrix?Or is that by someone else?

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yeah you and a lot of other people,especially since they never replayed it.

Interesting enough didn’t Techtv’s anime block:Anime Unleashed also begin with the airing of a Shirow

title,in that case Armitage III:Polymatrix?Or is that by someone else?

That’s by someone else.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      So much red…

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9zTt-DNaPo[/BBvideo]

I wonder if the Rojikoma would be considered moe? :scared:

All tachikomas are of course moe,didn’t you know that? 😆
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I read the synopsis somewhere and it seems that it will basically be how Aramaki puts Section 9 together.

Also from what I read the Major will be under suspicion for at least the early part of the series.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      OK, color me intrigued now.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifjU1qEDbR4[/BBvideo]

So am I.

And it looks like we get to see the more vulnerable side of the Major in Arise.

jgzinv
      Looks like she talks more openly than internally.

Series wise, looks good certainly… will be on my radar.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      oh yes! this has indeed been on my radar for a while (i cant believe i let time slip away from me, it’s already june!) i love ghost in the shell (all its incarnations thus far) and im pumped about this one.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Ditto to everything said above. I really felt that at least what I’ve seen of Arise so far has been very true to the “feel” of a Ghost in the Shell series. I will be looking forward to watching this when it becomes available.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

I will be looking forward to watching this when it becomes available.

Looks like FUNimation’s snagged it. 😎

So does that mean that they’ll wait and see how well the initial 2,500 units sell before releasing any further or is this a one time thing?

Also will there be a DVD release in the States to go along with the BD release for those of us who don’t

own a Bluray player?

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Also will there be a DVD release in the States to go along with the BD release for those of us who don’t own a Bluray player?

That seems to be what they’re implying, although they haven’t released any of the important details like price & availability of the limited BR edition.

In other words Funi could sit on it for awhile before deciding anything about price,etc.

I still hope that they come out with a DVD version once the LE of the BD is sold.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

In other words Funi could sit on it for awhile before deciding anything about price,etc.

Part 1 Blu-Ray out August 20th, $69.98.

Quote:

I still hope that they come out with a DVD version once the LE of the BD is sold.

Yes, a more normal release will come (much) later. 😎

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Part 1 Blu-Ray out August 20th, $69.98.

Quote:

Yes, a more normal release will come (much) later. 😎

August? So soon?! OMG, Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell the same month? Me wallet can’t handle it!

& yup, I’m goin with da blu rays, mhmmmm

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

August? So soon?!

Keep in mind it’s the Japanese release of episode 1 with a translated booklet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNMnXPvCEAAvzrN.jpg:large" />

There’s still 3 more parts, with the next one due on sale in Japan in December.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

August? So soon?!

Keep in mind it’s the Japanese release of episode 1 with a translated booklet.

There’s still 3 more parts, with the next one due on sale in Japan in December.

Oh, so FUNi is releasing it on disc here, but not dubbed. I thought that was too quick for them to churn that out. Thanks Nobuyuki for clearing that up.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Oh, so FUNi is releasing it on disc here, but not dubbed.

Not yet, anyway.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Oh, so FUNi is releasing it on disc here, but not dubbed.

Not yet, anyway.

Right-O. I would bet my right big toe FUNi will dub this one eventually.

Ok,so it means it will be awhile before the entire thing is releashed and before we get a normal DVD release.

By that time we should know if it’s a must have or a pass.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I would bet my right big toe FUNi will dub this one eventually.

But of course. 😉 In the meantime:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma5tS6ggig[/BBvideo]

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I would bet my right big toe FUNi will dub this one eventually.

But of course. 😉 In the meantime:

I only bet if it’s a sure thing 😉

Sadly, Arise is one for me personally–not unlike Roberta’s Blood Trail–that I’ll likely end up waiting to watch dubbed because like RBT to Black Lagoon, I loved the dub of Ghost in the Shell so for verisimilitude’s sake I don’t think I want to “spoil” it for myself ahead of time (a part of me lamented not having seen RBT sooner, but overall I’m glad I waited).

Interesting move on FUNi’s part…very interesting…first time they’ve ever released a “sub only” for a title they’ve acquired. I think it’s a good idea this go around, but it’s strange, I don’t know how I feel about it if they should decide to do this more often: on the one hand, I think they (or someone) ought to do this more to make series like Kaji more accessible to non-Japanese viewers; on the other hand, if this was FUNimation doing it, it would be for a title they have the licensing rights to, which undoubtedly means they’d want to dub it, and as much as I love dubs, I don’t know if it’s always achievable or desirable–especially, in the case of the aforementioned example, by FUNimation (no offense).

Even though it would seem at first to be not in their best interest, and certainly against the grain of what they’d normally do, perhaps FUNi should consider, for certain titles–titles they nor anyone else has dubbed–acquiring the rights simply to make a subbed version available to consumers in a collectible disc format without dubbing it (generally speaking I mean, I’m not against Arise being dubbed). Guess we’ll see how well this first disc set sells.

jgzinv
      Think of it this way….

Funi doesn’t have to pay for dubbing, and they can make money off the intial release, ie early adopters.

Then they can dub it if it makes enough, and sell it twice.

I imagine being GitS, it was a costly license to begin with.

But considering the overall popularity and quality of the GITS franchise it probably was worth whatever

it cost Funi to get the license.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Get ready for round 2 😉

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9CynT8xe4I[/BBvideo]

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      New trailer for part 2:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINUXgx3-1Y[/BBvideo]

This would be fun to see just for the Batou vs. The Major scene.Y’know since there are a lot of GITS fans

who are either pro-Batou or pro-Major they had to do a scene sooner or later like that.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      First 8 minutes of part 2:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr2FHQpoiuM[/BBvideo]

ANN wrote:

The story of “border:2 Ghost Whispers” takes place after Motoko gains her freedom by separating herself from the military’s 501st Secret Unit. Even without Aramaki’s suggestion to make her own unit, Motoko begins assembling members. As this is going on, someone has hacked into the Logicoma. As she transports the machines in order to check them for abnormalities, she is suddenly attacked by an armed unit. Not long after, she meets up with Batou, the man with the “eye that never sleeps,” Ishikawa, a former member of the army who is good at finding information through the Internet, and Borma, an electronic warfare expert.

I wonder if this in any way contradicts what we already learned from GITS:SAC 2nd GIG about the Major’s

past encounter with the other members of Section 9.I mean didn’t she and Batou go a long way together

before she meets him in the first part of ARISE?Or is that explained in the first episode?

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wonder if this in any way contradicts what we already learned from GITS:SAC 2nd GIG about the Major’s past encounter with the other members of Section 9.

I’m sure it does, since this is a reboot, so everything you know about the past is wrong. ;)

Thought so.
      you know I wish Arise would get dubbed so we could hear Mary Elizabeth mcglynn do her voice again
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

The_evil_Genius wrote:

you know I wish Arise would get dubbed so we could hear Mary Elizabeth mcglynn do her voice again

I know FUNi released the dub cast a little while ago, but for the sake of general edification does anybody have a link to it handy for us? I’d kinda like to know if they got the whole gang back or not.

Dude if shes back as Motoko I will be so happy
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

The_evil_Genius wrote:

I know FUNi released the dub cast a little while ago, but for the sake of general edification does anybody have a link to it handy for us? I’d kinda like to know if they got the whole gang back or not.

I don’t recall any such thing.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Hmmm, I could have sworn I saw something on ANN a while back about it, but now I can’t find anything so I guess I was mistaken.
      Just checked and they don’t list the English language cast.Though it is interesting to note that for the Japanese cast Sakamoto Maaya is listed as playing the Major.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Just checked and they don’t list the English language cast.Though it is interesting to note that for the Japanese cast Sakamoto Maaya is listed as playing the Major.

From what I understand she was the voice of the younger Motoko in the SAC saga

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      News

The second episode of the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime opened in theaters on Saturday and announced that the third episode, titled “border:3 Ghost Tears,” is slated to open in theaters on June 28, 2014. Advance tickets with a bonus IC card sticker are now on sale for 1,200 yen (about US$12).

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/arisetears_zps6d7b2b28.jpg" />

WisperG
      New JP promo for Episode 2 plugging the Playstation Network release.

[BBvideo 525,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVTg-yFEZc#t=11[/BBvideo]

Almael
      Alright, this will be a bit long of a kind of general review(s). Skip if you don’t want to read:

GITS Alive review:
      Ep. 1

Kusanagi returns home from a(n international military) mission and is framed for the murder of her ex-boss.

Aramaki and her future mates hunt her & become “friendlies” during the course of the story and eventually help her solve the murder mystery. Kusanagi is promoted to Major. She is now free from being military/government property and gets a recruitment request by Aramaki.

Ep. 2

An ex-military hero accused mass-murder and his ex-soldiers rebel to disclose the truth about what happened. Kusanagi recruits her team by blackmailing them.

Gits in retrospect and Thoughts:
      I appreciate this new show in the series but Arise is a major departure from the original Gits universe. Hence, it’s less believable for me.

The time line is as follows:

GITS Arise: 06 June 2027

GITS SAC: 14 April 2030 (parts orginal Manga)

GITS SAC 2nd GIG: (21 December) 2031 (parts orginal Manga)

GITS Movie 3: Individual Eleven

GITS Movie 1: 2031 (orginal Manga)

GITS Movie 2- Innocense

GITS SAC Solid State Society

SAC and the movies are more or less directly related to the original manga with one difference:

Togusa has a daughter and a son in SAC but only one child in the original (if I remember right).

In the original I suppose Kusanagi was cybernated during the war while in SAC she was cybernated at age 6. In SAC cybernation technology started being used in AD 2019.

In Arise Kusanagi was cybernated before birth! A total rewrite and considering her age it should happen about right now or so. At such an early stage she wouldn’t be able to develop like a normal human…no pain, probably no emotion…the ideal Vulcan.

The first time she appears with her bike it’s so reminiscent of Akira or Bubblegum Crisis.

Her relation and recruitment…her mates are just different from their image until now.

I dunno if Aries will turn out good yet, but I don’t quite warmed up to it yet.

1.Maybe the Arise Major is really a Borg infiltrator!LOL!!!

Seriously…cybernization before birth can that be even done? I know we’re talking cyber-punk sci fi here

but still…

2.And why are Batou’s eyes green here?

Almael
      😆

1. Don’t see a problem technically. I guess they wanted her to be a borne cyborg, hence, have her cybernated as early as possible, but a brain needs to grow. Premature babies usually end up less intelligent than their peers either by having less grey matter or other growth reasons. Then there is the issue of maturing, usually at the age of about 6 to 7. So SAC made more sense by having her cybernated at that age.

2. The Bandam feature! *looks for the bandam banner*

I was just curious to know how they could cybernize someone still in the womb like that.Perhaps like Lafiel,she was at some point put into an artificial womb just before gestation?
      Almael
      Oh, ok. The anime says they got this fancy new thing at hand so they applied it to her when her pregnant mother died in an accident. It’s some kind of a chamber thing. I dunno if it’s similar to a brain case or what but that’s the only thing that makes sense. I guess an artificial womb will do but then it would be no cybernization.

In SAC, her airplane crashed she had to be cybernated to save her life. The only other survivor was her first love.

I remember that episode.It’s the one where she goes off in the middle of training new recruits and spends some time at an antique style shop because it has their original cybernetic bodies.
      Almael
      Yes, and some more at the end where the guy dies. Anyway, with Arise the doors are open to new possibilities. But I have doubts about the personality changes.
      In SAC Paz was kind of a lonewolf gangster with lots of possible problem. In Arise he’s like an idealist volunteering because it’s the right thing to do.

Saito is a mercenary who follows the boss who gives the most money. He can change sides anytime. Being a sniper that would end things quite fast.

Batou and his buddies are war mass murderers and getting their second chances.

Kusanagi belonged to an assassin like unit. She’s a dark heroine who kills without a second thought. Making it look like she’s a cold blooded killer but actually has her own moral reasons.

Btw. Ghost in the Shell STAND ALONE COMPLEX Online will be available soon in 2014 (first half).

I’ve got vol.3 of 1st GIG and vol.2 of 2nd GIG that Bandai came out with as singles.2nd GIG,of course as

that often copied sequence in the OP where they’re all standing together.It also has the better OP though I perfer the ED for the first season.

Almael
      Well, SAC 1 is generally better due to the stories. Although, episode 2 is a rip-off from Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA. SAC 2nd GIG has better characterization and animation, “improved” (debatable) Tachikoma. The later part has better stories simple because of Kuze (the lover boy). Btw. there’s a long official article on the love triangle. I wonder if it got translated yet by anyone.

If you want to get more disc get season 1 and the last 3 or so disc from the second.

Sounds like a plan.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Why am I just now finding out? :(

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41zSOlU4fBL.jpg" />

On sale Tuesday.

Basically I don’t pay much attention either unless it’s something on my list to get,so yeah I’m as bad as you when it comes to paying attention Nobuyuki.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      A chance to see Ghost in the Theater:

Fans will be able to see Ghost in the Shell: Arise – Borders 1 & 2 on the big screen on May 29th via Tugg.com! Just take a look below at the list of theaters… We need a minimum number of attendees for each screening to make them happen, so please spread the word and get your friends and family to go.

New York, NY – AMC Loews Village 7

Atlanta, GA – AMC Parkway Pointe 15

Cambridge, MA – Landmark Kendall Square Cinema

Baltimore, MD – AMC Security Square 8

Alexandria, VA – AMC Hoffman Center 22 & IMAX

Columbus, OH – AMC Lennox Town Center 24 & IMAX

Southfield, MI – AMC Star Southfield 20

Dallas, TX – Studio Movie Grill Spring Valley

Chicago, IL – Kerasotes ShowPLace ICON at Roosevelt Collection

San Antonio, TX – Cinemark Movies 16

Denver, CO – AMC Cherry Creek 8

San Francisco, CA – AMC Van Ness 14

Seattle, WA – AMC Loews Oak Tree 6

San Diego, CA – AMC Mission Valley 20

Santa Monica, CA – AMC Loews Broadway 4

The closest one to me is Seattle and that’s like 345 miles across the mountains!

(No,Spokane is not a suburb of Seattle and I live 45 miles northeast of Spokane! so do the math!)

Nobuyuki
      Participant

The_evil_Genius wrote:

Be careful what you wish for…

Quote:

Flower Mound, Texas (May 13, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today recording will begin shortly for the English dub version of the latest installment in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. Following in the footsteps of the Japanese release, a brand new cast has been chosen to voice the younger characters featured in Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Casting should be finalized in the next few weeks, with a cast announcement scheduled shortly thereafter.

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE – Borders 1 & 2, both 50 minute OVAs, will be combined into a single release – expected to hit later this year.

So it’s not going be like Hellsing Ultimate where the episodes were originally released as singles.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

The_evil_Genius wrote:

Be careful what you wish for…

Quote:

Flower Mound, Texas (May 13, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment announced today recording will begin shortly for the English dub version of the latest installment in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. Following in the footsteps of the Japanese release, a brand new cast has been chosen to voice the younger characters featured in Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Casting should be finalized in the next few weeks, with a cast announcement scheduled shortly thereafter.

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE – Borders 1 & 2, both 50 minute OVAs, will be combined into a single release – expected to hit later this year.

Well…I’m a bit bummed with no Mary, but I’ll be upbeat about giving a new cast a chance (and at least there’s actually a reason behind the change).

Yes,and a logical one at that since the characters in it are supposed to be the younger versions from the movies and tv series.It’s fortunate that Sakamoto Maaya was chosen for the role of the Major in Japan,I hope that whoever they cast in the English language dub is just as good.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

the third episode, titled “border:3 Ghost Tears,” is slated to open in theaters on June 28, 2014.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4zu_o_vGCQ[/BBvideo]

Gaff
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

Following in the footsteps of the Japanese release, a brand new cast has been chosen to voice the younger characters featured in Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Hmm, I was wondering when they’d get around to that. The Stand Alone Complex had one of the best English dub tracks I’ve ever heard, so I was putting off watching Arise until the English cast was announced. Given that Atsuko Tanaka was replaced as Kusanagi, it doesn’t surprise me that Mary Elizabeth McGlynn won’t be returning, but I can’t say I’m not disappointed – McGlynn was the definitive version of the Major, for my money.

I’d agree with that,especially for the English language dub.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Nine minute preview of #3 is up:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No-DhJs9gXk[/BBvideo]

soawesome1
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      [BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rv6KV334vM[/BBvideo]

ANN wrote:

The fourth installment’s story takes place amidst signs of postwar reconstruction in the winter of 2028. Tensions are rising in New Port City as demonstrations are held concerning the interests of foreign cartels. This leads to a shooting incident involving riot police. It all started with a cyberbrain infection released by the terrorist “Fire Starter.” An independent offensive unit led by Makoto Kusanagi entrusts the suppression of the situation to their ghosts and aims for their own justice. Below the surface of the incident, lies the “tin girl” Emma and the “scarecrow man” Burinda Junior. As Kusanagi deals with the incident, she draws near to what those two ghosts were seeking.

P.S.- October. <3

So we’re getting ever nearly to the start of the original GITS.I wonder how much time takes place between the end of Arise and the start of the original movie.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      As chuck mentioned earlier in mini-chat, FUNimation announced their dub cast for Arise at Otakacon:

Elizabeth Maxwell as Motoko Kusanagi

John Swasey as Aramaki

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Kurutsu (whoodathunkit?)

Christopher R. Sabat as Batou (…of course…)

Eric Vale as Tsumugi

Alex Organ as Togusa

Jason Douglas as Paz

Bill Jenkins as Sadamoto

David Wald as Raizo

Jad Saxton as Logicoma

Brian Mathis as Mamuro

Chris Rager as Ibachi

To paraphrase Highlander :”In the end there can be only one Batou!” 😆
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      So does were all supposed to be the Major’s memories?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      The first 9 minutes of the last episode now available:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTdCiQScbYQ[/BBvideo]

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      For those with Netflix, the first two episodes of Arise are up for streaming. Currently sub only. Get watching :D
      I saw a clip over at the website I can Has Cheezeburger where it showed the Major hacking into Baito’s brain and making him hit himself and she had this cute small afterwards.

Which is why she is: soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1

Too show how rumors get started:the folks at IO9 in a column talked about the possible live action GITS

movie being made by Dream Works.It all centered around the fact that a certain actress had penned a deal with

the studio and nothing more.From there they concluded that Dream Works might possibly be actually getting set

to do a GITS live action movie.

With Arise out now the possibility of a live action movie might not be too far off,though right now all it is is

rumor.

tkgmalice

mitsuki lover wrote:

Too show how rumors get started:the folks at IO9 in a column talked about the possible live action GITS

movie being made by Dream Works.It all centered around the fact that a certain actress had penned a deal with

the studio and nothing more.From there they concluded that Dream Works might possibly be actually getting set

to do a GITS live action movie.

With Arise out now the possibility of a live action movie might not be too far off,though right now all it is is

rumor.

yeah dreamworks and speilburg gonna fuck that up big time …http://screenrant.com/ghost-in-the-shell-live-action-movie-rupert-sanders-directing/

i was actually coming on here to say that lol. i love GITS, and they are gonna ruin that movie… like they ruin all the other live action stuff. they want scarlet johannson…..NO.. no … no…. they just need to not do that at alll…. ever… end of story…

Yeah, GITS is something that works better animated than live action anyway.I doubt that a live action version could live up to the awesomeness of even the tv series not to mention the new OVA series.
      Almael
      Don’t you mean Gits ending up like

Æon Flux

[BBvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNjyVjoDyQo[/BBvideo]

or

Ultraviolet

[BBvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OT1gcO2urM[/BBvideo]

I never saw the Aeon Flux movie but have to admit I rather enjoyed the Ultraviolet one.

It was cool for what it was,I mean it wasn’t world shattering or anything and even Underworld

may have had a better plot line,but still it was fun for being what it was.

The problem with a GITS live action movie is that of course Hollywood tends to really butcher

Japanese properties or else sit on them for decades before they decide to butcher them to death.

If there were to be a live action version I rather that the Japanese do it themselves.

Viewing 92 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.