Greetings Tenchiforums! =3

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Greetings Tenchiforums! =3

• This topic is empty.

This is Capt. Rico Sakara from deviantart.com, and I’ve been a Tenchi Muyo! fan since the series premiered on Toonami back in July of 2000, and what a summer that was.

Now, originally, I first officially saw Tenchi in the form of the Tenchi Muyo! In Love feature film when it was shown on Sci-Fi channel in the 90’s, but sadly at the time, I didn’t know what is was and was only watching it in bits and pieces, thus sadly it didn’t appeal to me at the time. Then finally, I saw the series on Toonami, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Now, even though Robotech/Macross will always be #1 on my list, as that was the anime that sealed my love for anime in general, the Tenchi Muyo! franchise will always be my 2nd love and heavy favorite as that series, for me, will always stand the test of time. PERIOD.

I am also a sci-fi fan – mostly a Trekkie with my love for Star Trek (especially The Next Generation), and the original Star Wars trilogy (the prequels for me didn’t cut it and it was way too mainstream than the originals). I’m also a currently a brony, and follow the G4 series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Anyways, other being a huge anime fan, sci-fi fan, and brony, I’m also a very talented artist on deviantart.com. You can check out my work here: http://captricosakara.deviantart.com/” class=”bbcode_url”>http://captricosakara.deviantart.com/. I also play Star Trek Online, during my free time. So if there are any Trekkies out there that also play STO, feel free to look me up.

Anyways, I leave my intro to this site with a little Tenchi Muyo!/G4 My Little Pony crossover art, which I made as a commission from another Tenchi-fan. Enjoy, and thank you for having me join the forums!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/CaptRicoSakara/GreatDragonADcommission1.jpg" />

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      First off I want to say that your artwork is phenomenal! (Might have to commission some pieces myself) blush1

Secondly, Welcome to Tenchiforum!

Toonami was a very great thing to Tenchi, as so many of us here and across the fandom were introduced to it through Toonami, and even all these years later, it still resonates in our hearts. I was around when Sci-Fi played anime on Saturday but sadly never saw Tenchi until Toonami.

Enjoy your stay!

Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to Tenchiforum Capt. Rico! As you most likely saw, we were fans of your crossover picture and threw a link to it on our Tumblr.

Very rare to see someone these days who claims Robotech/Macross as their #1 anime love. Macross & Tenchi as #1&2 is an awesome combination (but Tenchi especially)! We have quite a few sci-fi fans here as well, including one who does ship designs based off of Star Trek blueprint styles.

Really glad to have you aboard, don’t be afraid to say hi if you see us in minichat! kiyonesmile1

Nil Admirari wrote:

Welcome to Tenchiforum Capt. Rico! As you most likely saw, we were fans of your crossover picture and threw a link to it on our Tumblr.

Do you have al ink to that Tumblr page? I like to see the post? =3

BTW, you guys know that the old Tenchi Muyo! Fan Fiction Archives is still online? I’ve been visiting it lately to check out old storys from times pasted, like the Star Trek TNG crossover, “The Mihoshi Incident.” It’s still a fun read, even to this day. iloveit1

Nil Admirari
      none

captricosakara wrote:

Nil Admirari wrote:

BTW, you guys know that the old Tenchi Muyo! Fan Fiction Archives is still online? I’ve been visiting it lately to check out old storys from times pasted, like the Star Trek TNG crossover, “The Mihoshi Incident.” It’s still a fun read, even to this day. iloveit1

Tumblr post can be found here.

Kinda funny you mention TMFFA, as that’s partially what led me back to the fandom after a decade long hiatus.

Anonymous

captricosakara wrote:

Here’s the link Tenchismile

And yes, the fanfiction archive is still online, lots of old gems in there.

If you’re into to Tenchi fanfiction I recommend giving our fanfiction section a try, we’ve got some great work by Nil here, Shadowsfall0, Evilpii and many other great authors

Dagon123 wrote:

captricosakara wrote:

Here’s the link Tenchismile

And yes, the fanfiction archive is still online, lots of old gems in there.

If you’re into to Tenchi fanfiction I recommend giving our fanfiction section a try, we’ve got some great work by Nil here, Shadowsfall0, Evilpii and many other great authors

Thanks for the link. Glad to hear that the MLP crossover is getting spread around. Maybe well catch a couple other bronies joining the forums. =3

Anyways, when it comes to Tenchi fanfiction, I prefer crossovers overall. Love to see the Tenchi gang interact with other shows, but not DBZ or Sailor Moon – those have been overly done too many times for me to count And I can’t stand those anymore. I would love, however, to see a new crossover done with Guyver, or one with Digimon – this time having each of the girls getting a digimon partner of their own, and not just Tenchi. Maybe do one like Tamers. Would also like to see one with Sonic X or anything Sonic related, just to see what would happened if they went to Mobius and encountered Sonic and Dr. Eggman. Just something that hasn’t been done before, like what GreatDragonAD is doing with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (the fiction my pony pic goes with). I wouldn’t mind see a sequel to the Star Trek TNG crossover, “The Mihoshi Incident.” Maybe have the whole Tenchi gang visit the Enterprise and join them on an adventure.

My only concern with crossovers is, it better be well written, and have god in-depth detail, but not too much to bore anyone. Just enough to keep people interested.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum, cap! I’m thrilled to have another trekkie and sci-fi fan around! I too am a huge fan of the classics :D. I also love Robotech/Macross very much, but I’ve always been more of a Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers fan, which you would also probably love since you’re a Robotech fan. Anyway, it’s great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time here! There’s plenty to do for a creative person such as yourself, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

P.S. Great art! :D

Yes,great artwork there Cap! kiyonesmile1

I love the Aeka and Washu unicorns and the Kiyone horsey especially.

One of my personal favorite Star Trek episodes is the DS9 one:’Qless‘,I mean any time anyone punches out

Q is EPIC!

Favorite line from it:”I’m NOT Picard!” 😆

And speaking of crossovers,yeah I love ’em too or as I have pointed out they really need to do a Tenchi/Sakura Wars

one just for the delight of hearing Yokoyama Chisa talking to herself as both Sakura and Sasami! iloveit1

Crazed
      none
      That is some very fine art indeed! Welcome to tenchiforumsign Cap! We’ve got plenty of people of people here who love to talk Trek, Tenchi. Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun! kiyonesmile1
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum Cap and hope you enjoy your stay! :D Looking at your art, which is fantastic by the way, I may eventually commission you for something too. mmhmm1 But since you enjoy fanfiction and all, definitely check out what’s on the site and I’m sure you’ll find something to your liking.

Again, great to have you aboard and I look forward to seeing more of your posts :D

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Yosho24
      Hello Cap! Welcome to Tenchiforum, we’re glad to have you aboard kiyonesmile1
      ookamilord
      Participant
      welcome to the forum im a little late to the welcome party been busy between reading fanfics on this site and playing with my art and gaming software. but welcome to the carnival of tenchi geeks and fan people

chucklocker wrote:

Welcome to the forum, cap! I’m thrilled to have another trekkie and sci-fi fan around! I too am a huge fan of the classics :D. I also love Robotech/Macross very much, but I’ve always been more of a Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers fan, which you would also probably love since you’re a Robotech fan. Anyway, it’s great to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time here! There’s plenty to do for a creative person such as yourself, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

P.S. Great art! :D

Thanks. It was thanks to Robotech that I got into it’s source material, Macross. As for Yamato/Star Blazers, never got into it I’m afraid. ^^; But other anime I love include Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, VanDread, Trigun, Lucky Star, FLCL, Yu Yu Hakusho, Case Closed (Detective Conan), Lupin the 3rd, Gundam Wing & G-Gundam, Gundam 00, Gundam 0083 & 0080: War in a Pocket, and 8th MS Team.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yes,great artwork there Cap! kiyonesmile1

I love the Aeka and Washu unicorns and the Kiyone horsey especially.

One of my personal favorite Star Trek episodes is the DS9 one:’Qless‘,I mean any time anyone punches out

Q is EPIC!

Favorite line from it:”I’m NOT Picard!” 😆

And speaking of crossovers,yeah I love ’em too or as I have pointed out they really need to do a Tenchi/Sakura Wars

one just for the delight of hearing Yokoyama Chisa talking to herself as both Sakura and Sasami! iloveit1

Never Seen Sakura Wars, so I wouldn’t know.

Anyways, glad to hear you like Ayeka and Washu as ponies. I love Washu pony as well – she’s my favorite one in the bunch. =3

**turns Washu-pony into a plushie** x3

Crazed wrote:

That is some very fine art indeed! Welcome to tenchiforumsign Cap! We’ve got plenty of people here who love to talk Trek, Tenchi. Anyway, enjoy your stay and have fun! kiyonesmile1

Thanks! =3

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Welcome to the forum Cap and hope you enjoy your stay! :D Looking at your art, which is fantastic by the way, I may eventually commission you for something too. mmhmm1 But since you enjoy fanfiction and all, definitely check out what’s on the site and I’m sure you’ll find something to your liking.

Again, great to have you aboard and I look forward to seeing more of your posts :D

Thanks. If you ever want to commission me, please do. I’m pretty cheap. ^^; Although, there are times I do make a good buck.

Yosho24 wrote:

Hello Cap! Welcome to Tenchiforum, we’re glad to have you aboard kiyonesmile1

Thanks! =3

ookamilord wrote:

welcome to the forum im a little late to the welcome party been busy between reading fanfics on this site and playing with my art and gaming software. but welcome to the carnival of tenchi geeks and fan people

Hopefully it’ll be a carnival that never ends. XD

Also, “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” Emma-chan! **hugs the Wau-girl and make her purr** x3

ookamilord
      Participant
      yea erma,elma,emma. what ever is the correct name who cares i dont. but i love erma in gxp to bad she didnt have much screen time compared to the media out there
      Oh! I forgot to mention in my intro: Aside from drawings, my other hoppy is lego mocs!

Be sure to check out my LEGO creations here: http://www.mocpages.com/mocs.php?id=53259” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.mocpages.com/mocs.php?id=53259 & http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=CaptRico” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=CaptRico

I liked how well done those ship models are,lot of detail.Could use one of the Jupiter 2 though.Just saying.

The Spindrift from Land of the Giants was an interesting inclusion as I don’t know how many people here have actually seen it.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I liked how well done those ship models are,lot of detail.Could use one of the Jupiter 2 though.Just saying.

The Spindrift from Land of the Giants was an interesting inclusion as I don’t know how many people here have actually seen it.

Thanks! Land of the Giants was my all-time favorite Irwin Allen series! I would love to read a Tenchi crossover with it, with either Tenchi & Gang going to the giants’ planet, or having them as giants who also encounter the Spindrift crew. That would be FUN! XD

As for my LEGO mocs, you should see my newest creation, based on Max VF1’s Valkyeris. Sadly, I have taken picture yet, but I will. =3

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Welcome here :D

I’ve seen your epic arts on DA alot over the last few years :)

I hope you have fun here :)

The-Kaiser wrote:

Welcome here :D

I’ve seen your epic arts on DA alot over the last few years :)

I hope you have fun here :)

From your icon, you are a Trekkie as well. Do you play Star Trek Online by any chance? =3

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.