Gundam/Mecha Thread

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Gundam/Mecha Thread

• This topic is empty.
    This is a thread to discuss other mecha series besides Dual or Eva.
Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      How many do you want… ? Pretty sure I can make sure you never see the sun again.
      SnowQueen
      my personal favorites in the mecha category are Gurren Lagann , Code Geass , and War on Geminar which to me feels like a mixture of the two shows I just mentioned in my opinion. Tenchismile
      I’m currently enjoying Sakura Wars.Steam punk style mecha. soawesome1
      SnowQueen
      I haven’t seen Sakura Wars since I was a kid. O.0 probably something I should try to get back into.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I don’t have all that much exposure to mecha genre as a whole, sadly, although with the help of the more mecha-minded among us here I am slowly getting there :D Anyway, other than the two obvious ones, my favorite mecha series is definitely…

http://www.slashattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gunbuster4.png" />

Gunbuster!

Awesome design, plus great use of hard science results in this fantastic series about humanity’s struggle for survival in the era of faster than light travel. Gurren Lagann (one of my other favorite mecha series, btw) may have the biggest scale of all, but Gunbuster is the series that first introduced mind boggling hugeness into the genre, with kilometer long ships, planet sized weapons, and enemy fleets numbering in the billions!

I actually had Rahxephon in mind when I came up with the idea for the thread.Such an soawesome1 soawesome1 series.

If anyone hasn’t seen it yet go out and get it and watch.Though I bet you won’t have a dry eye after seeing what

happens to Asahina.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I’m currently enjoying Sakura Wars.Steam punk style mecha. soawesome1

SnowQueen wrote:

I haven’t seen Sakura Wars since I was a kid. O.0 probably something I should try to get back into.

If I’m not mistaken, I think there was pretty cool guy on here with a Sakura avatar.

If you buy the movie, for the love of God get the original Pioneer/Geneon Entertainment release. I don’t even know why Funimation acquired the license.

Hmmm…I wander who the guy with the Sakura avvie was. 😆

When I finish with Pumpkin Scissors I have the Gundam Seed compilation movie: The Faraway Dawn scheduled.The last time I watched anything Gundam related was on the First when I watched an episode of Gundam Seed:Destiny.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Oh what a fool I have been! I totally forgot about the greatest series featuring giant robos: Giant Robo!

http://i.imgur.com/BaH78tB.jpg" />

(specifically, Giant Robo: The Animation. The Day the Earth Stood Still.)

I’ll never forget the first time I watched Giant Robo. The art style, the animation, THE SOUNDTRACK, all of it blew me away. I had never before seen such a bombastic and energetic premise combined with sky-high production values in such an incredible example of skill and presentation. Giant Robo is a RIDICULOUS series. I mean it, it is absolutely bonkers. Fantastical sci-fi technology, superpowers, hilariously corny secret societies, giant Egyptian themed fighting robots, this show just piles on crazy, and that’s all just the first five minutes! Rather than confound the viewer’s suspension of disbelief, however, all this insanity is instantly accepted, even welcomed! The show’s genius is its immediately compelling characters and incredible fantasy world. There’s not a single character or story element that doesn’t fit together seamlessly. Due to the nature of the show (legal reasons prevented them from using the actual story of the famous manga series) the viewer is dropped into the world with very little background knowledge. Characters’ pasts and motivations are hinted at, but never fully explained. This is at first annoying, but in the end it contributes to a greater sense of “bigness” to the series. I could go on and on (and probably will, later), but for now I’ll just leave this here for your entertainment and edification :D

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/F7DYq68d2HY[/BBvideo]

Yep! Giant Robo is one of those anime that has to be on every otaku’s shelf.
      Almael
      Instead of JGZinv’s never ending listing session take this shorten long long alternative: 😈

[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbeVosPszo[/BBvideo]

iloveit1
      Almael
      Btw. Season 2 of Knights of Sidonia has started!

Really fast, I only got my hands on the manga just two years ago and the anime is (perhaps) about to over take it.

Correction, I mixed up the PV and just found out it was moved back to spring.

This reminds me that I need to check to see if RahXephon is still avaible.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Giant robots of all kinds are welcomed here.
      Dual! of course being my personal favorite and let’s not forget the mechas they use in Betterman. Then there is of course the greatest of them all: Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Finally battling it’s way through is our favorite megadeus:Big O.But of course when it comes that we can’t conclude without a mention of our favorite sardonic female android R.Dorothy Wayneright…the real and sole reason to watch it. kiyonesmile1

Endless Waltz was the first Gundam Wing I ever saw.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Gundam Wing the tv series is the first I remember of gundam
      My least favorite Gundam was OO because second part of Season 2 had such big plot holes you could’ve piloted the Enterprise D through them.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      How about Geneshaft?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Not bad? Can you get a pic of Mika and Sophie together?

Geneshaft was the first dub I watched on tv with Amanda Winn Lee in it…and then she did

Rei on EVA. Twofer there.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Not many pics of this anime

http://www.new-anime.com/images/geneshaft_4.jpg" />

iloveit1

I remember it was one of my favorites on Techtv’s ‘Anime Unleashed’. soawesome1

good times.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Gundam: Deathscythe (Hell Custom from Endless Waltz)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48301/1081769-wallpaper51.jpg" />

Been awhile since I last watched. I think the Seed compilation movie: The Faraway Dawn

was the last Gundam I saw. Tanaka Rei as Lacus… soawesome1

Never heard of that one before.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Gundam: Altron (Custom from Endless Waltz)

http://media.carddit.com/a/tLNnGZ8y3.jpg" />

Speaking of Gundam Wing any Queen Relena pics?
      Kyubey with Gundam Wyvem looks like he was just assimilated by the Borg! 😆
Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.