GXP 13 Findings

• This topic is empty.
    So I picked up the relevant GXP books to Dual, of course 13 being the current topic of interest.

Not much to say for it yet, as I’ve not really done the rip and translate thing yet.

Book opens with this:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/GuardianZinv/GXP/gxp13_img7p.jpg" />

There’s a few new characters, Wau princess, couple other girls. D is actually called D, but refers to her original body

as being dead, so hard to say if she’s a crossover or a doppleganger. Technically she shouldn’t be D as that was the bioroid

body Sanada created for her. D is in the cockpit of ZINV after Seina starts it up. The book states ZINV all over the place, so sadly no more Idol naming scheme.

At the end we get:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/GuardianZinv/GXP/gxp13_img94p.jpg" />

Which, there we have Hiroshi (Ken doppleganger), and Tennyo, and we’re thinking Mashisu maybe, haven’t

quite gotten that part nailed down. They are talking about Miki (Mitsuki doppleganger) and getting into a bit of a scuffle.

Also lovely info from Paradise War 3, is Seina pulls out ZINV there to make some sort of barrier towards the end.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Good work. Guess what’s next? ;)

Quote:

we’re thinking Mashisu maybe, haven’t quite gotten that part nailed down.

Doesn’t look like her, probably a real Kuramitsu.

jgzinv
      Actually it’s more complicated than that. There’s an entire list of novel only characters.

Miki Steinbeck (or Stein Buck, ,either way is common, I just prefer it not invoking BSG) is the Mitsuki doppelganger.

Hiroshi Manada is Ken’s doppelganger.

They both have their own backstories, so it’s safe to say they are not from Dual, they are the OVA dimension versions.

D is a more complex problem, and I’ve seen some stuff that suggests she knows a Mitsuki, so how she would know Mitsuki but have her bioroid body… unless KM is retconning both end episodes of Dual… I dunno yet. TBD.

The short haired Yayoi ripoff there is apparently Raireza, another scientist in charge of a major system, whom is in love with Hiroshi. The person reading Hiroshi out in the picture is Tennyo. Airi is also commonly brought up in the chapter.

Here’s their profiles from the Japanese wiki, cleaned up a bit:

Miki Steinbeck:

GP Academy student. In the year previous to Seina enrolling she was Miss GP Academy , there is also a fan club. Quite the Electra complex . In fact, her body is a prosthetic body, identity is an artificial intelligence with Astral form made by Moon Lake (person) as a test. Due to Tarrant Shank’s attack during the practical training at the test facility, her prosthetic body was destroyed. Artificial intelligence body escaped, tried to transfer the data to the NB unit of Seina, but just before completion it failed due to the line disconnected in the middle. At that time, she went to the father Hiroshi and sent data that describes the coordinates to the Kirche (person), which was in the NB earlier. Hiding in Tarrant Shank’s research facility, fearing her extermination in the hidden code, she was eventually released from the research facilities and the like Huo Balta (Ryoko Balta? someone else?), which has been in charge of the extermination been abducted by Tarrant. After that, her father Hiroshi remembered the path number, and her whereabouts was found.

By transfer, she assimilates artificial intelligence body of Fuku clone in Vol. 13, she was reunited with Seina.

By strengthening the body to Fuku level, it can become a Miki Steinbeck human form, with power similar to Ryo-ohki. Similarly as a human type, pregnancy, childbirth, and may be possible according to Washu, even though she said that it is a clone. One of the four people set to reverse the probability vector of Senia.

Hiroshi Manada

Mad scientist, the father of Miki. But wants to admission to the Galaxy Academy Department of Philosophy, not with both proven talent. Old acquaintance to Moon Lake. Friends with himself and Miki, is Ken Raraiba Steinbeck. After the incident, he became a worker in the workshop of Airi.

Of what I ripped of the last chapter and am working on, a summary…

Miki is returned post battle (sounds like the ZINV vs. Tarrant fleet battle guessing) and was in peril / damage to some extent.

Hiroshi is in a state of panic, wailing and freaking out. Raireza tries to comfort Hiroshi, but he falls back into despair, then Tennyo verbally lays him out and gets in his face about what he should have been doing as a father… to which all the women present nod in approval of her rant.

Skipping a few hours of working on it here…..

So Miki had a physical body, it appears that she was injured unto likely death, and hence Hiroshi’s breakdown. (note this is probably replaced by the description above, but from Hiroshi’s perspective he probably last saw her with a body). There’s a fair chunk about D being Zinv’s AI and now that they chose Seina, he has a power unto himself, to the extent he can demand his own nation or territory, there’s a chunk with Seto, Washu, possibly Dr. Clay (that’s what is showing up, don’t ask me, could be a substitution error) debating over sentient lifeform rights for D, the AI, and the Fukus. The last main section is Hiroshi seeing Miki as a cabbit after the operation and her being unable to speak, just meow. They both break down and bawl, Hiroshi cradling cabbitized Miki at his chest, pretty sad. He makes a teary eyed crack about her being cute as a cabbit, even though she was cute as a girl too. Notices she’s a female cabbit, inspecting the important bits, she scratches him across the face (ie slap replacement) . The last little bit appears to be a group going to a grave and crying.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I guess then this can be taken seriously now, I thought it was just some poster to promote it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeE6-K-UUAA2r6c.jpg" />

jgzinv
      Its just a blow up of one of the first few color pages in 13. But yeah wiki confirms it plus what I’ve pulled thus far.

I’m thinking the ais taking over the cabbits is what turns them white too, by paradise war 3.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

JGZinv wrote:

I’m thinking the ais taking over the cabbits is what turns them white too, by paradise war 3.

I have never really heard anything from paradise war since announced, so is this a bit of background for it?

jgzinv
      Yeah, we didn’t have much on PW3 because I didn’t have a copy.

From what I’ve read off the wiki’s Zinv is hidden in a cave on the island, he’s used to make a barrier that saves

them toward the end. Miki cabbit can figure out a way to talk by the time of PW.

You can clearly see the MFKD in the corner.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/GuardianZinv/Tenchi%20Stuff/PW3-cabbits.jpg" />

The basis for PW is a little more complicated, and I’m not super clear on it tbh. It refers to a “war by proxy” meaning the

gathered girls are representatives of various pirate guilds or superpowers. I don’t think it means a war as in fight, I think it means a competition (which makes sense being held on Earth as a Jurai neutral zone of sorts)

Seina is there under a false name to basically corral the actions of the participants and I suppose have a finger in the pie as the GP. The main character is of course, a high school boy who’s mother gets a brochure on this fantastic island, and send him off there for vacation, where he meets a galaxy sampler platter of women.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      so is novel 13 a more elaborated version ep 24 of the anime, any good info besides characters that only show up in the novel?
      jgzinv
      At this point Uki (yay responding 2 years ago), I’m vague because I haven’t touched the translation stuff for Tenchi in 2 years. I have tinkered with my app setup but not done anything new. Last 2 years have been really bad for me.

The GXP novels I “think” start out following GXP’s anime closer initially, but then they continuously seem to diverge more as they go along. Major plot points still occur but there’s a lot more going on around them. It’s like GXP novels have more in common with the OVA trying to be a space action show, but then it drops into the anime’s perverted or sad emotional side, with little middle ground.

As I mentioned in the Discord, I was working secretly on PW and GXP 13 to rip and try to get a general quick translation overview when the board closed. So I know more than the average English only person, but it’s really fuzzy and incomplete. I know that 13 references that Mitsuki’s counterpart is supposed to have died in a previous book and then she ended up in the mainframe (if I recall as part of the Daluma guild or Shank’s ship) and she got downloaded to a cabbit during the capture. Then Mitsuki’s rescue and reuniting with her father Dr. Sanada counterpart takes place in these books. What all took place in between or in that first book, we don’t know because no one has pursued the GXP translations outside of myself.

Part of this doesn’t fully make sense either, because several years ago Mary hosted the images for the first 3 GXP novels, and the Mitsuki and Dr.S counterparts were in there. The story as it went was that Seina’s data got sucked into the GP mainframe and went on an adventure of sorts with the Mitsuki data there. Being that we see Washu, Naja, and Dr. S talking later at the GP, in the flesh… either we’re talking about a set of physical people and a set of digital people, or Seina and Mitsuki at least, end up SAO’d into the computer. D and this other green haired AI are also a question mark because the novels rewrite it so D is in Zinv (no longer called the Idol) when it is found on the Wau planet. So D being an AI being pushed into a cabbit is also ????

Bottom line, more would have to be done for translation and clarifying what was said in order to get a decent picture.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.