Halloween

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Halloween

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Man that is AWESOME! I bet you’ll win a few contests with that! Hopefully, if I can get a costume thrown together I will post one of me in this thread too. Also, don’t worry about not being around as much as you used to, we are all feeling the increased pressure of school/work that fall brings. I’m thrilled that you still care so much about our community here though, and you’ll always have a spot here shadi!
      Thorn
      ^^ I feel your pain, man. I’ve been buried under a giant mountain of responsibility all month. Still, Halloween’s gonna be AWESOME!! I can’t wait for it!
      It’s my mom’s birthday.When she was teaching First and Second grades her students always thought it

was 😎 .

Thorn
      My dad’s birthday was the 17th. Halloween is also Rob Zombie’s wedding anniversary!
      A good day for anyone with the name of Zombie to be married! 😆
      Thorn
      That may very well be why he chose it. :D
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

shadbomb77 wrote:

Hello everyone,

First off I wanna say I miss you all! I love this community and wish I could put more time into it like I was able to during the summer. Just wanted to show you guys my costume for Halloween. I dont usually dress up but I had a great idea this year.

Absolutely MAD PROPS for the costume and accompanying pic! Quail man! That takes me back to the 90’s. Second, what’s been previously sad, we don’t want you to feel guilty for not being on “enough” 😆 we understand (we’re glad you’re sticking around though!)

I wish I had gotten a cool costume ahead of time, but I’m never sure what to go as and I end up putting it off until too late (my Halloween will mostly just consist of me wearing my Boba Fett hoodie to school).

Anyone else got a costume & feel like posting?

Jabberwocky
      I dressed up as the Firefox!! My mom is going through a huge sewing phase, so I got her to make the costume for me…which she then had to ship to Texas. I am loved:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Y2kStar6/Public%20photos/326701_959766114278_37622884_o.jpg" />

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Y2kStar6/Public%20photos/IMAG1019.jpg" />

jgzinv
      I did absolutely nothing…

Though Jabber as my browser of choice is cute. 🙂

We only got a couple of Trick or Treaters.I think they were both were trick or treating for UNICEF.

Our town now as it where the merchants give out candy,so most of them were probably going downtown

to do their trick or treating.We rarely get too many any ways.

Jabberwocky

JGZinv wrote:

Thanks! I prefer using Chrome, but that just wouldn’t have been as fun to dress up as 😉

Thorn
      We get AT LEAST 2,000 trick-or-treaters on my block annually.
      That be about near the size of the population of the town I live in! 😆
      Thorn
      A couple years ago I actually had pull my car out in that crowd and drive to work for the night shift. My dad had to come out and direct traffic. 😆
      It used to be kids could go trick or treating all over without any worries,but now we got more and more

perverts around putting poison and razor blades into candy so it’s become more and more dangerous.As

a result towns have to have safe places for the kids to have fun trick or treating.

Nerevar
      Participant
      DAMN!
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Jabberwocky wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

Thanks! I prefer using Chrome, but that just wouldn’t have been as fun to dress up as 😉

Aww I am so late to this but I love your costume Jabs!

Thorn
      ^ Even we have the Mexican drug war spilling into parts of our area, but it’s still pretty safe.
      Jabberwocky

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

Aww I am so late to this but I love your costume Jabs!

Thanks who! I fixed the links so you can actually see the pictures. I’m not sure if they were working before.

And you guys want to talk about the Mexican drug war….I live across the street from Juarez. :fry:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks Jabs! (I think links were fine when I first checked, but they’re also fine now)

Also good job piecing together an ensemble of sorts LL (p.s. long hair…solidarity, brutha! cuz I have long hair too lol)

mitsuki lover wrote:

It used to be kids could go trick or treating all over without any worries,but now we got more and more

perverts around putting poison and razor blades into candy so it’s become more and more dangerous.As

a result towns have to have safe places for the kids to have fun trick or treating.

Yeah it sounds scary when you listen to the news. I hope it’s just the combined effect of the usual culprits of 1: the media likes to sensationalize bad/scary things anyway, and 2: with our global network of news, we literally hear about almost every single instance of crazy $#@* when it happens anywhere in the wide world out there.

(Did anyone hear about some parent finding baggies of cocaine in their kids’ candy bags? WTH? I mean, it’s terrible, wrong, thank goodness kids didn’t get on that “sugar” rush, etc. but…it just raises sooo many questions, doesn’t it?)

With the exception of Anchorage and the Puget Sound area,I’ve lived a great deal of my life in small towns in either Minnesota or Idaho or Washington.(Except the town we lived in in Idaho when I was

growing up has outgrown the small town status now.)

Right now I live in northeastern Washington State.

Any ways,I think a lot of people are forgoing Halloween altogether and having alternate celebrations such as Reformation Day to celebrate Luther nailing up his 95 Thesis on the Wittenburg church door or else

Harvest Festival to celebrate the Fall harvest.

Thorn

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Thanks Jabs! (I think links were fine when I first checked, but they’re also fine now)

Also good job piecing together an ensemble of sorts LL (p.s. long hair…solidarity, brutha! cuz I have long hair too lol)

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yeah it sounds scary when you listen to the news. I hope it’s just the combined effect of the usual culprits of 1: the media likes to sensationalize bad/scary things anyway, and 2: with our global network of news, we literally hear about almost every single instance of crazy $#@* when it happens anywhere in the wide world out there.

(Did anyone hear about some parent finding baggies of cocaine in their kids’ candy bags? WTH? I mean, it’s terrible, wrong, thank goodness kids didn’t get on that “sugar” rush, etc. but…it just raises sooo many questions, doesn’t it?)

I think this is largely the case with most crimes. The media sensationalizes those newsworthy crimes until, for example, someone who snaps under the pressure of a lot of emotional/financial stress shoots and INJURES a few people becomes a heartless monster who committed a hate crime because he happened to shoot a member of a minority group. And we are much more dialed in to current events in this day and age of social media than people were years ago. Much of what’s going on now isn’t really much different than what was going on a few decades ago. The crime rate naturally ebbs & flows.

True that.
      Crazed
      none
      This was a bit rushed due to my shift at work creeping up on me but here is my Evangelion Unit 1 Jack-O-lantern that I made.

Happy Halloween!

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/935531_391878150914913_2069484656_n.jpg" />

Did anyone dress up as their favorite anime character and go tricks or treating or just sit around and wait to scare the beejeezus out of the trick or treaters?
      WisperG
      Happy Halloween, Tenchiforum! iloveit1

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/629/436/6e2.png" />

A bit late but hope everyone had a fun time.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      It was my mom’s birthday.

We had a quiet night. For one thing it was damp and rainy out, and for another the town we live in has a community Halloween celebration where all the stores and such give out candy to the kids; it started around 3,so there weren’t any

kidlets knocking on the door.

In any case we usually don’t get that many even on a good year.

Perhaps maybe 10 or 12 on some years, but not too many.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.