Hello

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hello

• This topic is empty.
    Hello everyone.

I’m currently listening to the Podcast because I’ve been on a recent Tenchi Muyo Binge.

I joined AIC BBS back in 2002 all because of my love for Tenchi Muyo.

After AICBBS, I joined Juraian Towers, and then ended up in The Sanctuary along with some other AICBBS Veterans.

Nice to meet you all. mmhmm1

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to Tenchiforum! kiyonesmile1

Hell of a veteran status you have as well! Really glad you decided to join us here. We have a few others from back then with loads of stories to tell.

ZERO-Ryoko
      Thanks for the welcome.

I had fallen out of anime for the longest time. I just couldn’t find anything that I could have become passionate about. I stumbled upon the first ep of War on Geminar, and started missing the older series.

I’m definately Pro-Ryoko. And definately Pro Petrea as well.

I just had a thought today. If we had kickstarter about 10 years ago, we probably could have pushed to have OAV3 to be properly dubbed. soawesome1

Nil Admirari
      none
      It’s like you read our minds… no lie, earlier today in Mumble we were talking about trying to push for a sort of campaign or funding to make sure Petrea would be brought back on board to voice our favorite saucy space pirate for the inevitable OVA4 or whatever spinoff -If- is the storyboard for.

I’m pretty similar to you, though I didn’t have an online presence in the fandom back in the day. I just lurked some of the fansites and had a local group who was really into the show. Fell out of the fandom around 2005 and left anime in general. I dabbled once or twice but nothing really stuck with me. Then in late October last year I just had a need to rewatch Tenchi, so I grabbed Universe and OVA 1 and 2 since those were what I knew from back then and next thing you know I ended up here.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ZERO-Ryoko wrote:

I’m currently listening to the Podcast

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/bb457c9f-b068-4750-85b8-4e95cd10b6d7_zpsd43d7fd2.jpg" />

Thanks for listening! Aaaaoooooooooowwww!!!!

Welcome 8-)

(Canada? Which province? I’ve been to Ontario many a times, they’ve never treated me ill.)

ZERO-Ryoko
      Wait what? OAV4?

I’ll paay anything to get Petrea on board for a redub.

I haven’t been up to date with anything Tenchi Muyo wise at all. :(

Everything that was mentioned in the Podcast about OAV3 really hit it on the nail.

I haven’t rewatched the series in a long time. Though I’m often quoting from it to my sisters.

I fair from Vancouver, British Columbia. :)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ZERO-Ryoko wrote:

Wait what? OAV4?

I’ll paay anything to get Petrea on board for a redub.

I haven’t been up to date with anything Tenchi Muyo wise at all. :(

Everything that was mentioned in the Podcast about OAV3 really hit it on the nail.

I haven’t rewatched the series in a long time. Though I’m often quoting from it to my sisters.

I fair from Vancouver, British Columbia. :)

BC, nice, haven’t been on that end of Canada before, but it sounds lovely.

& there’s no official word of OVA4 or anything at this point, I think Nil might be implying it’s likely going to happen someday, but we have recently heard that there is a new anime series on the way soon, we just don’t know for sure what.

We can help catch you up, though…oh yes, we can remember it for you, wholesale ;)

ZERO-Ryoko
      Thanks so much. It’s been a while since I’ve posted in an active forum.

:)

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Welcome here to the forum of Awesomeness ^_^

Hope you have fun here :) mmhmm1

Anonymous
      First off, Welcome to the forum! Zero, it’s always nice to see some old faces from Tenchi Fandom’s past make their way back to the carnival Tenchismile

Zero wrote:

I’m definitely Pro-Ryoko. And definitely Pro Petrea as well.

badass1 Then I’m sure you would LOVE our Petrea interview podcast

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDSNdElVWFg[/BBvideo]

Enjoy your stay!

Crazed
      none
      Glad you enjoyed the podcast! It’s always nice to see people return to the fandom. Enjoy your stay, and if you ever need anything just ask!
      ZERO-Ryoko
      Thanks so much! I will definitely check out the interview.

Since Facebook is blocked at work. Forums are the perfect distraction from it. :D

Yosho24
      Welcome Zero! Hope you enjoy yourself here Tenchismile
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Hi there ZERO! Always good to have more oldschool fans around! Make yourself at home, and please enjoy your stay!
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum, Zero! :D Always nice to see another pro-Ryoko and veteran fan. ^^

Indeed, OVA 3 was pretty bad, and it seems there is a new hope (possibly) coming soon. In the mean time I’m a fanfic writer and have been working on an OVA 4 for several months if you were interested in reading, lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      *snuggles Zero*

I love Petrea, of course, but there is something musical and bewitching about Orikasa Ai’s voice. <33

I have to switch back and forth between dub and sub just to get my fill. XD

Not to mention, Mona Marshall slaughtered Ryoko. I mean, by the end of OVA 3, she was trying to do better, but … dear Kami-sama, it was painful. Kiyofacepalm1

I, personally, liked some elements of OVA 3 – loved to see Airi, Seto, and co and have the family “grow” a bit more, loved the Chousin showdown (sends shivers down my spine when Goddess Washuu phases in and out of dimension), and liked how they brought some lightheartedness to the memory of Kiyone (is this a controversial topic?) – but I feel like some characters, Noike for example, were just thrown in and not fully fleshed out. We had OVA 1 & 2 to get to know the girls, so tossing in ANOTHER woman (and reducing Mihoshi to Universe status) was unsettling. *shrug*

Anyway, I better go introduce myself as well.

jgzinv
      As I just posted to Moon/Tsuki’s thread, it’s great to see you guys from the Sanctuary

getting out and about again, it has been a very long time indeed.

But it’s great to have you both on the board.

~ ex AIC yaBBS, AFC admin, DualFans, et cetera. Tenchismile

JGZinv wrote:

As I just posted to Moon/Tsuki’s thread, it’s great to see you guys from the Sanctuary

getting out and about again, it has been a very long time indeed.

But it’s great to have you both on the board.

~ ex AIC yaBBS, AFC admin, DualFans, et cetera. Tenchismile

Zinv! Nice to see you. :3

ZERO-Ryoko
      Tsuki! You joined too! Thanks for all of your welcoming words
      All of the cool kids were doing it. tuxedodouche
      SnowQueen
      Hello and Welcome! mmhmm1
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.