Hello.

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hello.

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Evening all.

I’m Gaff, survivor of the VHS age, possible end of century saviour (at least until 199X passed without incident). I watched a lot of Tenchi Muyo back in the day, but hadn’t thought much about the series recently, until, like in an incredibly nerdy version of Norwegian Wood, I heard “Talent for Love” rattling out of a friend’s phone. A lengthy nostalgia trip did ensue.

Although I haven’t done much anime fan-art until relatively recently, I’m a keen digital artist and I had a go at drawing Ryoko a couple of weeks back (shall link in the relevant section).

I try to keep up with anime in general as well, but I tend to prefer older shows from the ’80s and ’90s to newer things. Nevertheless, given the recent trend for very retro series like Kill la Kill and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, I think now is a good time to be an anime fan…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to TenchiForum, Gaff! kiyonesmile1 I too survived the VHS age mostly intact, still have a few of the ol’ things sittin around here. Tenchi seems to always work its way back into our lives sooner or later. I think you’ll find quite a few of us share a similar love for the 80s and 90s animes and most especially our Jojos fans.

Looking forward to seeing your fanart! The series seems to attract some very talented folks.

Crazed
      none
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign , Gaff! You certainly picked an exciting time to get back into Tenchi.

Isn’t it crazy what that Tenchi nostalgia can do to a person?

Anyway, I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay here, and I also look forward to seeing your artistic creations!

Also, another Jojo fan? Aww yeah jotaro1

TheFrieza
      Welcome Tenchismile
      Gaff
      Participant
      Thanks guys :)
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Another Jojo fan? Hell yeah! :D Welcome to the forum man, hope you enjoy your stay and we look forward to talking Tenchi and classics with you!
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign. =3
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Welcome! I’ve already stumbled onto your Ryoko pic, and commented, because it is awesome. 8-)

80’s? 90’s? Jojo? Yeah, I think you’ll do just fine here. 😉

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum! It’s always a genuine pleasure to have a fellow lover of the classics aboard! I think you’ll find your tastes well in line with a whole gaggle of great folks here. I hope you enjoy hanging out with us, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
      Anonymous
      Welcome to the forum Gaff!

Enjoy your stay Tenchismile

WisperG
      Welcome to the Forum!

It is indeed a great time to be an anime fan kiyonesmile1

Yosho24
      Welcome! Always glad to see a new member on the forum! I find it amazing how everybody eventually comes back to Tenchi Muyo. It truly is a very special series, that had a lasting impression on people. The forum seems to get new members almost each and everyday who have rediscovered the series that we all love so much, and that makes me very happy Tenchismile So from all of us here at tenchiforumsign we welcome you with open arms!
      Gaff
      Participant
      Thanks both :)
      ookamilord
      Participant
      im a little late on the welcome wagon boxing stuff up for a move. but like everyone else i will also say welcome. i havent seen jojo been a little busy and i keep forgetting. lived in the vhs days of the 90’s. i didnt grow up watching the older stuff till i met my nerdy old man. i have seen some of the old stuff. digital art neat. i trying that now and i feel like a noob all over again. i hope you enjoy our little carnival Tenchismile
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.