hello!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum hello!

• This topic is empty.
    hi everyone! probably like most of you, i am a long time tenchi fan. tenchi muyo is actually the first anime i ever saw back in 2000 iirc, and it got me into anime. i used to run a tenchi fan site, which is long gone but there are remnants of its very first incarnation at this terrible angelfire fanpage called “rtil anime” (warning: annoying popup text box). i even tried to run a petition to get tenchi muyo back on toonami after they had taken it off the block, in which i asked people to manually e-mail me their petitions and i’d manually add them to the page. i got a couple hundred and couldn’t keep up with it cuz i was just a dumb kid who had no idea what i was doing haha.

but anyway, i’m “grown up” now and tenchi still has a special place in my heart. it kinda changed my life in a way because anime has a huge influence on my art style and i’m a career artist now like i had dreamed of when i was a kid.

i’m trying not to get too excited about the tenchi shorts coming out this year since they’re just to promote tourism, but i’ll still watch them anyway.

in any case, i look forward to meeting you all and thanks for reading! maybe i’ll even run into some of you who had tenchi fansites in my “webring” back when i had mine, too. i remember a few , like Little Washu’s Cute Homepage , Pretty Sammy’s Homepage on Angelfire, and the Tenchi Hangout Spot.

also, if you’d like to see my art here’s my deviantart and tumblr. haven’t drawn any tenchi in a looooooong time.. i should really get on that. Tenchismile

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to TenchiForum, rtil! kiyonesmile1

It’s really crazy to see an angelfire page again after all these years, clicking through what worked on your page was quite a throwback. But man the internet was such a different place in the early 00s when our favorite show was taking off in the states? Webrings and ancient bulletin board systems held together by shoestrings… Even manually updating a petition, oh man. You’ll certainly see some old school and hopefully familiar faces from back then around these parts!

Your art by the way is fantast- waitaminute, you’re the new artist for Dysfunctional Systems? Holy shit! A friend of mine has been begging me to play the first chapter for eons now and I came pretty close to throwing in for the Kickstarter. Pardon me for nerding out a little but that’s just kinda crazy to me. Small internet~

Glad to have an old fan back aboard on the good ship TenchiForum again. Make yourself at home and enjoy some coffee while our muffin maker gets her oven warmed up. I encourage some fanarting while you wait. Maybe of a certain blue haired, orange hair-banded beauty.

Anonymous
      First off, welcome to the forum!

Takes me back quite a bit seeing those old sites crop up again.

I think despite the new series just being “shorts”, that it will still be a decent series.

You are a fantastic artist! I’m glad you found your way here from tumblr and hope you enjoy your stay!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum, rtil!

I’m always thrilled to have old school fans join up! I wasnt around the fandom back in the old days, but I think its really cool that you ran a site at such a young age! Thanks for sharing your art, and I eagerly await seeing your around the forum!

EDIT: Merciful Starsha!!! That’s an excellent Yamato 2199 painting you have on your deviantart! I’m a huge, no make that MASSIVE fan of all things Yamato, and you sir have won my admiration! We should totally talk Yamato some time! If you’re a fan, feel free to share your thoughts/art in the Star Blazers/Yamato thread.

Crazed
      none
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign rtil!

It’s always nice to see fans from the old days return!

I was fairly surprised myself when they said that the new series would be 5 minute shorts used to promote tourism, but despite that i’m still optimistic about the new series.

Anyway, welcome once again and I look forward to seeing you around!

Very nice art, btw

SnowQueen
      Hello and welcome! mmhmm1
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks for introducing yourself (love the avvie btw) and welcome to the board, complete with old and new fans alike!

Kiyami, where are those muffins?

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Well, shucks howdy!
      rtil
      hm, it doesn’t look like there is a way to multi quote so i will copy and paste!

Quote:

Your art by the way is fantast- waitaminute, you’re the new artist for Dysfunctional Systems? Holy shit! A friend of mine has been begging me to play the first chapter for eons now and I came pretty close to throwing in for the Kickstarter. Pardon me for nerding out a little but that’s just kinda crazy to me. Small internet~

Glad to have an old fan back aboard on the good ship TenchiForum again. Make yourself at home and enjoy some coffee while our muffin maker gets her oven warmed up. I encourage some fanarting while you wait. Maybe of a certain blue haired, orange hair-banded beauty.

thanks and yes that’s me! the kickstarter art is pretty outdated, the concepts have come a long way but i can’t show any of it yet. the first chapter is very short but the sequel is going to be much longer and more expansive. i have no idea when it will be done but i can promise i’m putting a ton of work into it!

i always felt bad for kiyone, she deserves some peace and quiet. maybe i will draw her having a nice relaxing time with no mihoshi around to bother her ^^

Quote:

First off, welcome to the forum!

Takes me back quite a bit seeing those old sites crop up again.

I think despite the new series just being “shorts”, that it will still be a decent series.

You are a fantastic artist! I’m glad you found your way here from tumblr and hope you enjoy your stay!

thanks and i hope the new series is great too!

Quote:

I’m always thrilled to have old school fans join up! I wasnt around the fandom back in the old days, but I think its really cool that you ran a site at such a young age! Thanks for sharing your art, and I eagerly await seeing your around the forum!

EDIT: Merciful Starsha!!! That’s an excellent Yamato 2199 painting you have on your deviantart! I’m a huge, no make that MASSIVE fan of all things Yamato, and you sir have won my admiration! We should totally talk Yamato some time! If you’re a fan, feel free to share your thoughts/art in the Star Blazers/Yamato thread.

Yamato 2199 is one of my all time favorite anime. i am not an expert on the universe as i am a new fan but i am also interested in the classics.

Quote:

It’s always nice to see fans from the old days return!

I was fairly surprised myself when they said that the new series would be 5 minute shorts used to promote tourism, but despite that i’m still optimistic about the new series.

Anyway, welcome once again and I look forward to seeing you around!

thanks crazed! it’s good to be back :D

and hello to you too snowqueen and wwwwhhhhoooo!

and to you as well Nobuyuki, glad to see some katawa shoujo fans here :D

Brave1984
      Welcome to the forum. I’m new as well as you can see.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.