Hello, Autumn.

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Hello, Autumn.

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    (I know, a week late)

The air is crisper, leaves are turning brown/orange/red and falling off… Summer is officially over and October starts on Monday. That went fast!

Yeah, it’s cold… but I love this season the most :) It means… bonfires, hot chocolate/ Pumpkin Spice Latte’s, the smell of leaves, apple cider and the approach of two holidays… Halloween and Thanksgiving (Turkey genocide day). And now begins that scary, annoying time of the year if you frequent stores or work retail. Target already has Christmas lights for sale..

It’s Fall/Autumn. What are you looking forward to, or not?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Replies
      Thorn
      Hello indeed! :D It went from triple digit temperatures to mid 80s and pouring buckets nonstop in West Texas as quickly as flipping a switch! It’s been raining for the over 48 hours! :washu: Anyway, it’s almost time for horror movie marathons and haunted house attractions!
      Syfy has already started to advertise their 31 Nights of Halloween.Reminds me,I was watching a rerun of

Emergency on MEtv a couple nights ago and during the episode the crew of Station 51 is watching the

original Boris Karloff Frankenstein.

Now as far as it goes,I did a bit of raking yesterday but the leaves haven’t fallen that much yet here.

Thorn
      I prefer the AMC Horrorfest myself. Too bad they only do half a month of horror movies. I’m watching Halloween right now! :D
      jgzinv
      I’m a fan of hot chocolate and spiced cider…

Not so much a fan of cold beds, cold floors, as my blood turns to cold syrup… and going to work in the cold.

Wonder why we don’t see many autumn romance animes. (J is sorta blue.)

Jabberwocky
      I live in El Paso. There’s no such thing as autumn. Just dirt.
      Thorn
      ^ I live just a little ways east of you and we’ve gone from extreme heat to long periods of rain and nearly freezing. As for the leaves falling off the trees; they’ve been doing it all year due to drought. 😆
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I would enjoy autumn weather as well…if it existed here. :| There’s a little bit of time when the weather’s decent, jacket-weather, colorful leaves falling. But more often than not, it’s just hot one day, then one morning you wake up and wished you had turned on your heater instead of a/c.
      I have to go out soon and sprinkle the lawn some more.We had a very dry Summer,so our lawn is all

brownish,mostly.Not too many leaves have fallen yet.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I wrote this poem last year about Autumn. You may have seen it on… another forum that’s about to become extinct, under my other name.

isawitplz

[align=center]Autumn’s Song

Autumn air rushes in, stirring the leaves with a chill,

Every inch of green turns to brown, through lack of chlorophyll.

Yellow jackets buzz about, preparing for their rest.

With so much death, yet I like this season best.

From the reds and oranges in the sky and on the ground,

And the familiar smell of dying leaves all around,

To the cider embracing my lips,

Warm and sweet with every sip.

I don’t mind if the trees lose their leaves, knowing seasons must change.

As long as the flowers return in Spring, bringing with them rain.

But for now I’ll enjoy the smiles,

The stars in the clear night sky.

Though you’ve gone with the Fall, perhaps you’ll come again.

I’ll be longing to hear your voice, for the spring bird’s call,

Touching my bare feet to the sand, and summer’s warmth as well.

But never forgetting Autumn’s song.[/align]

Things you really need for Autumn:

1.One girlfriend

2.One nice leafy sidewalk

3.One pot of hot apple cider to share with said girlfriend after walking through the said leafy sidewalk.

4.Your favorite team to win the World Series. 😉

jgzinv
      I wouldn’t mind the first 3. berwaldplz
      I don’t know who I’m rooting for right now.I think I might be going for a Tigers vs. Giants Series as that be

cool or a Tigers vs. Nats since Washington hasn’t been in a World Series for a longish time.But in any case

I wanna see the Tigers be the American League Team this year!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.