Hello! I am new and finally posting!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hello! I am new and finally posting!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Hi! Well I have been a fan of Tenchi since I was a kid.(26 now) I discovered Tenchi late one night when the first movie came on the Sci-Fi channel. This was during the 90’s where anime was scarce on TV(before Toonamie) and you had to stay up super late to catch a glimpse of the awesomeness. soawesome1 I was so amazed by the characters and the touching story. A part of me knew, that there was a show before this movie, but I thought it was a great way to be introduced to the franchise. Still till this day, I think the Tenchi movie is still a cinematic animated-movie masterpiece. Afterwards, I found vhs’s of the Tenchi series at my local Blockbuster and rented them throughout my Tween years.

My favorite characters are, Ryoko, Kiyone, Sasami and Washu. My favorite Tenchi series are “Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki”, “Tenchi Universe”, and “Pretty Sammy”. I also want to credit Tenchi for giving me the first anime character I really hated. Ayeka. Anyway, my favorite movies are the first one and Tenchi Forever. I didn’t like the second movie much.

I still find this show to be very unique, because of the different “universes”. I feel like it can cater to everyone. I love the character developments. I love that Tenchi has every genre smashed together so it wouldn’t be boring. Romance, Action, Comedy, Adventure, Sci-fi…etc. As I grow older, Tenchi will always have a special place in my heart. It is an anime that was part of my early anime exposure. I can’t forget that.

I am still a fan…I kinda fell off tho. Need to re-watch some series!(My friend Lauren…or Mittens…or her other forum name) She can help me with that! I checked out three podcasts so far from the forum and Petrea is an amazing facebook friend, haha. She’s sweet. Well I will now be more active in the forum. Promise!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to TenchiForum, chopstick87! kiyonesmile1

Not everyday we get to meet someone who caught Tenchi before the Toonami days. There’s so many different ways the various continuities can appeal – there’s a Tenchi series for everyone. I love that such an emotionally driven character study like Tenchi Forever came from the Universe continuity, which was much more comedy oriented for the first half of its run.

I see Kiyamittens has dragged you in for some Muffins, so enjoy some of this fine coffee and welcome to the forums!

chopstick87
      Participant
      Yeah the 3rd movie did have a different vibe, but it went well. The team of writers behind Tenchi are really talented. Thanks! I shall explore!
      Anonymous
      Welcome to the forum! It’s always good to see older fans find their way to Tenchiforum

I wholeheartedly agree that the first movie wasn’t just a great Tenchi movie, but a phenomenal movie in terms of cinematography and soundtrack (Christopher Franke ftw).

Tenchi has something for everybody, and that’s why it has so many fans! Tenchismile Enjoy your stay

SnowQueen
      Hello and welcome! I love the first Tenchi movie out of all the three. The first one always tugs my heartstrings. Enjoy your stay and welcome again. Tenchismile
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum, chopstick! Make yourself at home, and feel free to post wherever you find something cool!
      Crazed
      none
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign chopstick! Hope you enjoy your time here!
      chopstick87
      Participant
      Thank you all! Tenchismile
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Who%20made%20these%20Tenchi%20pics/washu_freshbakedmuffin-1.jpg" />

Thank you for sharing! Welcome aboard the board!

& well done Kiyamittens (I kinda like that, maybe it’ll catch on).

Hi chopsticks.

Yeah,Sasami is the one character everyone loves.She’s so sweet and kind and bakes a mean carrot cake too boot! iloveit1

Though have to sic Kiyone on you for not liking Aeka. 😆

Cheers and happy posting! Tenchismile

Brave1984
      Welcome new friend. Your intro to Tenchi is much different then most of us. Most of us found Tenchi through Toonami.
      ookamilord
      Participant
      welcome
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.