Hello There!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hello There!

• This topic is empty.
    Hey guys, I’ve been lurking for a few weeks but I finally decided to take the plunge and make an account!

I’m a relatively recent Tenchi fan. I hate to admit it but I didn’t really watch it much back when it was on Toonami :(. I vaguely remember watching a handful of episodes back then but thats about it. When I was a kid I was far more interested in stuff like DBZ, Gundam and Zoids than “that rom-com with all those alien girls” 😳. However, I rediscovered the series over the last year or two and its quickly become one of my favorites.

At the moment, all I’ve seen is the 3 OVAs, about half of GXP (which I’m currently in the process of watching) and the first 2 episodes of Universe. But that will all change over the next few months, since I’ve got all of FUNimation’s boxsets on preorder.

imhappylaplz

EDIT: I just remembered that I’ve also seen Daughter of Darkness. Not sure how that slipped my mind…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      Llwchwr
      Hey WisperG, i never really watched Tenchi on Toonami either only half an episode. Well welcome to the forum :Tenchismile:
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum! All that matters is that you’re a tenchi fan now, and I’m sure that means you’ll fit right in! I definitely recommend watching Tenchi Universe, that show is AMAZING! Anyway, feel free to post wherever you find something interesting, and feel free to chat with us whenever you want! Again, welcome :D
      Thorn
      Well heeellloo Whisper. Welcome …to our little insane asylum! Enjoy the forums and have a complimentary walking stick. Also word of advice : there are those here who may wish to harvest your eyeballs. Please remember to wear protective eye wear at all times while browsing the forums! :D
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to our forum full of nice people and TENCHI stuff :) I am Mittens, so please have a freshly baked blueberry muffin and some coffee/tea. Enjoy your stay and watch your eyes. A lot of us started out as lurkers and ended up awesome members… and yes, we’ll make sure you’re exposed to a lot more than OVA 3 and GXP.
      Ballsmagee01
      Hey and welcome to the forum. One thing that I’ll mention is that we use mumble also. Its fun and free. If u got a iPhone iPad android or any tablet u can get the mumble app. It’s free and funn to talk to eachother. Also let me know if ud like me to Tenchi muyo character. I love drawing for people anyway enjoy yourself here :Tenchismile:
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Welcome to the board Wisper! Glad you decided to ‘take the plunge’ :D

That’s totally cool that you didn’t watch Tenchi much back in the day (& way to go for admitting it–that’s something in any respect we strive here on the forum btw: no one should feel afraid to voice their opinions, even if it’s not always the ‘popular’ one). I find that interesting and exciting because it shows something that we here on the board have been hoping for, and that is by keeping Tenchi alive, even people who haven’t previously watched it, or maybe even heard of it, can experience it (because it’s never too late).

I’m glad you’ve discovered Tenchi, and that you’ve got box sets on pre-order! You won’t regret having more Tenchi in your collection. 😎

If all this seems like alot to take in (don’t worry, we’ll keep your eyeballs safe–it’s an inside joke/Tenchiforum thing, you’ll get it…& Thorn: walking sticks now? mmmokay) no worries; we’re working to make ‘the plunge’ as easy as possible, and everything’s at your own pace (like Mumble voice chat, plenty on the board are willing to help with that/give info, but don’t feel rushed to voice chat…or don’t at all, if you really don’t want…but it is pretty neat).

Any questions, ask here (post) or pm (personal message) a mod (such as myself…look for “green”) or support team member.

:sign:

WisperG
      Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I’m glad to be here :D

LOL I just remembered that I’ve also seen the 2nd movie, Daughter of Darkness as well. 😯 How the heck did I forget about that!? eheheplz

Kiyoka
      *leans in closely and stares at your eyes* Welcome welcome! Enjoy your stay here at our lovely forum.

Such bright eyes you have! I bet they go well with red…

Welcome to the forums!

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

Space Invader LUM/Urusei Yatsura right!? *Speaking of which thats another Manga title VIZ really needs to re-print.*

But ahh yeah welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay! :Tenchismile:

WisperG

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

Space Invader LUM/Urusei Yatsura right!? *Speaking of which thats another Manga title VIZ really needs to re-print.*

But ahh yeah welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay! :Tenchismile:

Yep, thats Lum :D. Urusei Yatsura is one of my all-time favorite anime!

Hey now that I think about it, I remember you from the FUNimation forums. My username over there is doubleO7. I’m not very active, but I did post in your Ideal Tenchi Series/Spinoff thread in the Tenchi-verse forum. I use that name (or a slight variation of it) at a few other places too like Fandom Post, ANN, and Mania.

Hmm I see, and yep, i’m one of Funi Forums nefarious moderators XD.

And yeah I don’t blame yeah for not posting on there often, the forums are rubbish, over a year old and still as slow as they were in Beta… I don’t know who Funimation hired to do their new site, but whomever did it needs a good kick to the privies! 😈

Thorn
      @ Who: Yes :D A walking stick for when Kiyoka takes his/her eyes!
      Anonymous
      Belated but welcome to :sign: as you can see, a great place to meet a very diverse set of awesome people :Tenchismile:
      Welcome. :washu: :washu: :washu:

I think I may have come across your other alter ego whilst lurking at the Funi forums.My most recent

lurk was Saturday.Though they really ought to do something about the guy who doesn’t like Kiddy Grade. 😆 😆 😆

(joking)

Seriously though you are now the third(?)Funi spy to land here.

btw:Urusei Yatsura movie 1:My One and Only is a classic.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.