Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    I have been an Otaku since 1977. First it was Americanised Anime, and then I found the real stuff when I turned 16. since then I have become a little bit of a purest. I need the original versions of any anime I see. I don’t care what language it is in(Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc.). Same goes for my Manga. I have a Okayness about them translated, as long as it is true translation, and not a person’s guess. I have watched and owned well over 10,000 anime in my life, and still crave more.

I first watched Tenchi when it was first released to the US. I Seen black market versions, but preferred the true release of any anime, especially when the company shows enough respect to offer the original version to their consumers.

tora-no-shi1369

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      ookamilord
      Participant
      well i have one thing to say to you dad sakuyafinger1 na kidding you know i would never do such a thing
      Anonymous
      Real Old School anime fan, Welcome to the forum tora!

Speaking of translations, we translated the first Hasegawa Tenchi novel if you want to give it a read here

Enjoy your stay!

Crazed
      none
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign tora!

You are indeed a real OG when it comes to anime fans.

If you do read that novel let us know what you think!

Have fun and enjoy your stay kiyonesmile1

Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome to Tenchiforum! kiyonesmile1

You’ve certainly been in the trenches longer than most, especially around here. I admire the dedication to sticking with anime through the years. Our talk in mumble was really enlightening!

Glad you’ve come to stay with us, enjoy some coffee while the muffins come out. Isn’t that right, Zach Kiyami?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      1977? badass1 Mad respect, sir. Thank you for introducing yourself, let us know if you have any questions.

(Are we out of muffins already, people?)

You definitely have my respect for the amount of anime you’ve watched.

1977 huh?

Back then I didn’t know what Anime was(I think it was still called Japanimation then).

I agree it’s always best when you can watch and listen to something in the original language.It’s always a lot more soawesome1 .

What’s your favorite 1970s anime(if you have any)?

I ask because I’m currently going through the 1973 version of Cutey Honey. iloveit1

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Indeed, welcome to the forum! I’m looking forward to chatting with you about all the great classics! I’m a big fan of Anime from that early era, my absolute favorite of course being Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers! If you ever wanna geek out about the good ol’ shows, I suggest either THIS thread, or THIS thread started by yours truly badass1 . Anyway, it’s great to have you aboard! I hope you enjoy your time here!
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.