I DID IT!!

Forums Fan Stuff AMVs I DID IT!!

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies

Jabberwocky wrote:

Please be gentle. It’s my first time. ;)

>u>

It’s not bad. You have the basics down, but when all you have to do is put scenes to music that’s fairly easy.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I digress. I thought it was kind of cute~

Jabberwocky

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Please be gentle. It’s my first time. ;)

>u>

It’s not bad. You have the basics down, but when all you have to do is put scenes to music that’s fairly easy.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I digress. I thought it was kind of cute~

Hey! Don’t rain on my parade! lol

You’re right, it should have been easy, but WLMM is a piece of crapapoo, so easy turned into agonizingly frustrating. Previewing lagged so it was hard to tell if clips were timed right, every time I wanted to add a new clip I had to play the video from the beginning so the music would be at the right spot, and half of the time the preview feature would just blank out completely and I’d have to restart the program. Because of all that, I’m uncustomarily proud lol

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I love it! (admittedly, I am a sucker for Tenchi/Ryoko amv’s, but still). I think you did a really good job. I like the song, never heard it before, but it’s catchy & I think it fits well for a Ryoko tribute (that was kind of your angle, right? Like from Tenchi’s perspective for Ryoko? Or maybe could also fit for any Ryoko fan that’s had a long-time crush on Ryoko–*cough me– lol) :mrgreen:

A good amv doesn’t have to have alot of fancy special effects or lyp-synching or other gimmicks to be good. Sometimes, simpler is better (if us editors like to try to sound fancy, we call it being ‘minimalist’). Here you’ve got alot of great moments of Tenchi/Ryoko, clips set at a good pace with the rythm of the song, & there’s alot of great source material: covering happiest moments, to the saddest of their relationship, & covering almost all the series and movies. Great for those of us that are familiar with all the major series/films, seeing Tenchi/Ryoko love in its various forms over the years (both within the context of the series, & even brings back memories over the years for those of us that proudly declare ourselves as die-hard Ryoko fans. Well done, hope you had fun making it, & if you’ve started a fun new hobby, please feel free to share any future works with us.

You know what you should do?

Do another one… but set to “Invisible Touch” by Genesis.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

That’s not a bad idea there

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

That’s not a bad idea there

Am i safe to assume I’m NOT the first one to put two and two together here?

Jabberwocky

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I love it! (admittedly, I am a sucker for Tenchi/Ryoko amv’s, but still). I think you did a really good job. I like the song, never heard it before, but it’s catchy & I think it fits well for a Ryoko tribute (that was kind of your angle, right? Like from Tenchi’s perspective for Ryoko? Or maybe could also fit for any Ryoko fan that’s had a long-time crush on Ryoko–*cough me– lol) :mrgreen:

A good amv doesn’t have to have alot of fancy special effects or lyp-synching or other gimmicks to be good. Sometimes, simpler is better (if us editors like to try to sound fancy, we call it being ‘minimalist’). Here you’ve got alot of great moments of Tenchi/Ryoko, clips set at a good pace with the rythm of the song, & there’s alot of great source material: covering happiest moments, to the saddest of their relationship, & covering almost all the series and movies. Great for those of us that are familiar with all the major series/films, seeing Tenchi/Ryoko love in its various forms over the years (both within the context of the series, & even brings back memories over the years for those of us that proudly declare ourselves as die-hard Ryoko fans. Well done, hope you had fun making it, & if you’ve started a fun new hobby, please feel free to share any future works with us.

Thank you!! I’m so glad you like it ^.^

And yes, I had Tenchi’s perspective in mind when I started making it, but as I got further along I found it could fit for a number of things, so interpret away. I think broad interpretation is a good quality for any AMV to have.

If I do continue to do AMVs it’ll have to wait until I invest in a new program. I wanted to do very violent things every time I opened WLMM.

Little Washu wrote:

I second this. :Happy/: Especially the sucker for Tenchi/Ryoko love. :Yaya:

I’m not into AMV’s and such but I think you did a great job! ^_^

Thanks Jabberwocky, hope you make more!

Thank you!

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Oh no. I wasn’t planning on making another video for awhile, but I cannot let a challenge go unaccepted…

ryokofan21
      RIGHT ON!!!! Way to go Jabberwocky :D An AMV after my own heart 😆 Seriously though, well done. Keep up the good work.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.