If Ryoko was in a DBZ crossover

Forums Fan Stuff Fanart If Ryoko was in a DBZ crossover

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      Llwchwr
      Ryoko is in a DBZ crossover, mine.

Feel free to read it if you want but i’ll tell you now she isn’t a Saiyan in it. Honestly though, even if she was she would never get to SSJ, she would not put in the years of training and toil to get there … or luck out and apparently be born that way like the half Saiyan children.

Also remember, Ryoko does have a ‘tail’ ( be it accessory in the Tenchiverse) so the only transforming she’d be doing as a Saiyan would be into an Oozaru

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I think it’s kind of a fun thing to muse over. And, much to some Tenchi fan’s chagrin, I don’t think the fact that she’s a “space pirate” with fantastic powers, in a fashion somewhat similar to a certain humanoid race from Toriyama’s universe, went unnoticed by the creators of Tenchi Muyo!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/Ryoko_Scouter_cropped.jpg" />

“It’s more common than you think” 😉

Nice job with Ryoko’s super-saiyan do, & as LL said, if you’re into a DBZ/Tenchi crossover, you’ll prob wanna’ check out his work!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum highgear! Thanks for sharing your images, and feel free to make yourself at home!

I don’t remember much about my Toonami watching days, but I do know that I was captivated by the big pointy hair of Ryoko and the saiyans. I think the crossover/world bending possibilities are awesome, especially with Ryoko as she is probably the most traveled of all the characters in Tenchi Muyo!

evilpii
      Participant
      none

highgear56 wrote:

Here’s something I quickly put together one day. What if Ryoko was a SSJ

I thought it was a neat concept.

It is an interesting concept, for her to ascend a higher, or deeper, potential. Now, where have I heard of that before? [nagi1] I would like to hear how you might propose her actualizing that transformation. ^^v As to the images themselves, perhaps you could use some smoothing tools or filters to fix some of the pixelation around her hair. That might help the change look more natural.

chucklocker wrote:

I think the crossover/world bending possibilities are awesome, especially with Ryoko as she is probably the most traveled of all the characters in Tenchi Muyo!

Actually, I like crossovers as there are all sorts of ways to blend the mythos of the component series. Who’s to say that taking Ryoko from the Universe continuity with her utter lack of history is not a refugee from Vegeta’s destruction? :Tenchismile: I could only speculate at Nagi’s role in that situation. Then, one would wonder about Jurai’s place in the Dragonball universe, and so on. One could have a lot of fun speculating about that. I think there’s a thread for that. [nagi3]

Llwchwr wrote:

Honestly though, even if she was she would never get to SSJ, she would not put in the years of training and toil to get there … or luck out and apparently be born that way like the half Saiyan children.

Also remember, Ryoko does have a ‘tail’ ( be it accessory in the Tenchiverse) so the only transforming she’d be doing as a Saiyan would be into an Oozaru

While Ryoko is lazy by nature, I would not say unequivocally that she could not achieve that potential. I am reminded of Ryoko’s reaction to Tenchi’s “death” in OVA 1 Episode 5, and its similarities to Goku’s reaction to Kuririn’s death at the hands of Frieza. Revenge can be a strong motivator. Imagine what Ryoko would do if Tenchi remained dead.

As to the lack of a tail, I refer to my reply to Chuck above. In a mixed continuity, one could ret-con Ryoko into having a tail-removal scar, and that she wears the animate belt for nostalgic reasons. Naturally, this is in the hands of the author to handle.

highgear56
      Yeah the pic was done in MS paint quickly so it wasn’t really intended by smoothed out. Maybe one day I’ll try to make a more refined pic.

I always imagined for a crossover idea that she could have some Saiyan DNA acquired by Washu, since she’d be her creator, and like you said with her reaction to Tenchi’s death, a death of a loved one could trigger something like a super saiyan transformation since she’d be so emotional.

She’s lazy but at the same time she is a space pirate and has been in many battles. She does like to fight, and saiyans get stronger after every fight. And being Washu’s creation and all, her fighting abilities and potential could be amplified beyond normal saiyans. At least that’s how I’d imagine it.

Here’s the problem with Super Saiyan Ryoko; you’d actually be making her weaker. By far, Ryoko with her three gems is much more powerful. Throw in the fact Tenchi is the avatar of God and essentially either one could wipe Saiyans from history no trouble at all.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Here’s the problem with Super Saiyan Ryoko; you’d actually be making her weaker. By far, Ryoko with her three gems is much more powerful. Throw in the fact Tenchi is the avatar of God and essentially either one could wipe Saiyans from history no trouble at all.

True story, folks (sorry the parade got rained on a bit, but a Tenchi fan forum couldn’t go forever without someone pointing that out). Like many other 10 year old boys, I loved DBZ back in the day, and as a younger fan of Tenchi, I at first found it difficult to get my mind around it, but it’s true: very few entities in existence could even come close to a three-gemed Ryoko (& those entities are within the Tenchi canon).

Buuut…I wouldn’t mind a blonde Ryoko once in a while, to shake things up; she could pull it off 😎

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

True story, folks (sorry the parade got rained on a bit, but a Tenchi fan forum couldn’t go forever without someone pointing that out). Like many other 10 year old boys, I loved DBZ back in the day, and as a younger fan of Tenchi, I at first found it difficult to get my mind around it, but it’s true: very few entities in existence could even come close to a three-gemed Ryoko (& those entities are within the Tenchi canon).

This depends on which canon you are considering. In the Universe canon, the Light Hawk Wings and gems are not depicted and assumed not to exist. If one takes into account Eternal Memory, then Tsunami exists at least. Still, a Super Saiyajin would stand far and above most everyone in that continuity, except perhaps Kain or Tsunami. There, a crossover could be more viable. :Tenchismile: A similar argument could be made for the Tokyo continuity.

In fact, Universe does have a “Super Juraian” already canon.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/4995718595_ae1cce8ebf.jpg" />

Thus, there is precedent for such a transformation. [nagi3]

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

evilpii wrote:

[…] Thus, there is precedent for such a transformation. [nagi3]

They don’t call you Doctor Evil for nothin’ badassplz reeeee-spect, man!

Ballsmagee01
      Omfg this is too damn coincidental. I just ran a sim (much like the show Deadliest Warrior) a few weeks back in school (cant remember the program i downloaded cus i only used it once sorry) to see who was better out of 500 battles between Ryoko and Goku. Ryoko won 327 out of 500 as goku ran 173 out of 500. I put in ALL of their abilities and moves and ryoko still won. bth_ryoko20giving20the20finger-1
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.