If You Ran Toonami

Forums Off Topic Other Anime If You Ran Toonami

• This topic is empty.
    Since we already have a thread about Toonami I thought it be interesting to have another thread where people could list what shows they would air if they were in charge of Toonami.You can list any show you want past or present.Doesn’t matter if it aired on CN or some other network or if it never aired on American tv at all.The thing is to have a bit of fun with the whole ‘what if’ scenario.That said I begin with my own list:

1.Silent Mobius

2.Bubblegum Crisis

3.Dual!

4.Inuyasha

5.Escaflowne

6.Blassreiter

7.RahXephon

8.Gunsmith Cats

9.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S1

10.Tokko

11.Gad Guard

12.Armitage III

13.Rurouni Kenshin

14.Neon Genesis Evangelion

15.Black Lagoon

16.Cowboy Bebop

17.Gundam Seed

18.Gundam Wing

19.Gundam OO

20.Cutie Honey

21.Big O

22.Revolutionary Girl Utena

23.Moonphase

24.Rosario x Vampire

25.Geneshaft

26.Gatekeepers 21

27.Serial Experiments Lain

28.Robotech

29.New Sailor Moon

30.Hell Girl

31.Devil Lady

32.Crest/Banner of the Stars

33.Gungrave

34.Death Note

35.Samurai Champloo

36.Tenchi Universe

37.War on Geminar

38.Ballad of a Shinigami

39.Magic Knight Rayearth

40.Giant Robo

I think that should do it.Now your turn,what series would you run if you were in charge of Toonami?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      Really cool idea for a thread Mitsuki Lover!

If I had the reigns to Toonami, It would be a combination line-up of new and old anime. assuming we were starting at 11:30 as it is now

Note* If a series was not dubbed, it will have to be

1. Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (2012) – 11:30pm

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKu2rXpXkPw[/BBvideo]

Reason: Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, in any incarnation, is tailor made for Toonami, ESPECIALLY this new late night Toonami, it’s got Shonen action that the “Big 3” and DBZ shonen lovers want, while being adult oriented and not being a 200 episode mess.

2. Space Dandy – 12:00am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/RSWP5_WKeuE[/BBvideo]

Reason: It’s just Dandy, but no really, it’s currently the ratings Juggernaut of Toonami, it’s Watanabe, and putting it second is because you want other shows to have a chance while also keeping people’s eyes on Toonami for as long as possible, while also considering work, school etc

3. Outlaw Star – 12:30am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPBJRzW2HM[/BBvideo]

Reason: If ever there was an OG that needs a re-run, it would be Outlaw Star. Outlaw Star was literally the poster boy for the “Midnight Run”, new Toonami would give it the ability to run more uncut, AND it’s a space western that firefly fans will get into for a particular number of reasons Joss Whedon.

4. Neon Genesis Evangelion – 1:00am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzWtoKldaQ[/BBvideo]

Reason: The be all end all of the Mecha genre, it’s a classic

5. Needless – 1:30am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzL9kVXiqI[/BBvideo]

Reason: It’s the perfect blend of Shonen/Seinen action, while still pandering enough to the Otaku crowd, essentially a more HBO version of scryed

6. Highschool of the Dead – 2:00am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdCgv5EociY[/BBvideo]

Reason: Zombies sell, Fanservice sells, and the show was white hot when it first came out, and it’d be nice to see more horror oriented things make their way to Toonami.

7. Giant Robo – 2:30am

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/F7DYq68d2HY[/BBvideo]

Reason: HAIL BIG FIRE, ALLEGIANCE OR DEATH. But seriously in much the same fashion as old adult swim, we’re going to end it with a classic Giant Robot series, and what better then Giant Robo (Media Blasters dub of course)

Nil Admirari
      none
      While I can’t think of any shows in particular at the moment to create a full line-up, I would love to entertain an idea we spoke about in the podcast I believe.

Every week there would be a specific chunk of time dedicated to a “Wayback Machine” of sorts. Hints would be dropped during the week leading up to Saturday as to what the show would be. When the timeslot hit, a show from the 60’s and 70’s up through the early 90’s would air. Depending on the ratings, that show may gain a slot in the overall lineup. Alternatively, have it dedicated to one old show at a time and see it through to completion before moving on to the next one.

That sounds like a cool idea,especially since we don’t get too see older anime too often.

I forgot to include when I made my list Rozen Maiden.Shinku would be mad at me if I didn’t. 😆

Also Neo-Ranga.I try to only include the shows that I personally have seen.

AFAIG:having seen the clip of HOTD I have to say I have to rethink watching it now.

Anonymous
      I’m going to have to agree with you on that one Nil, at the very least, I’d like to see them at least give an hour to the older shows that got them to this point, and considering how their ratings drop off after One Piece, what could it hurt? Especially if they billed it right and put it on close enough to Dandy and Bleach so people didn’t have to wait until 2 in the morning to watch, I can see it bringing the ratings up.

(Also thanks chuck for uploading the Media Blasters dub intro! I changed my video to that)

ookamilord
      Participant
      good idea nil. if i were to have a line up for shows it would go a little something like this.

rio rainbow gate.

beelzebub.

am my goddess from animeingo’s runs till recent.

your under arrest from ova to recent excluding the live action.

great teacher onizuka.

the original bubble gum series both crash and crisis

appleseed the newer one.

tiger and bunny got to have a super hero story somewhere.

usagi drops.

monster rancher.

all of the tenchi’s

battle girl paradox.

card captor sakura

medeka box

bakuman

magi

both helsings

the brutal blood c

thats it for now i dont want to put my list of 305 anime’s that i have seen or currently watching due to the fact that it just came out this year. Tenchismile

SnowQueen
      Snows Toonami List ^_^

Code Geass- Lelouch of the Rebellion

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Soul Eater (I know it’s already on Toonami but I would keep it)

Princess TuTu

Stellvia of the Universe

Rosario+Vampire

Spice and Wolf

Hetalia ( for in between commercials)

Sailor Moon

Tenchi Universe

Shakugan no Shana

Tenchismile

Hetalia would indeed be interesting as a bump between commercial breaks.
      If I were to run Toonami?

Well, since it’s currently in the Saturday 11:30-6:00 run, that’s 13 shows. Well, for one thing, no Star Wars. That Clone Wars series should stay in the daytime. No non-anime American cartoons (Boondocks is the exception, though), so Sym-Bionic Titan is also out. Anime only.

And these are the anime I would put on the run:

11:30: The Boondocks

12:00: Super Dimension Fortress Macross (2006 English dub)

12:30: Accel World

1:00: Gundam 00

1:30: Outlaw Star (uncensored/uncut version)

2:00: Cowboy Bebop

2:30: Gurren Lagaan

3:00: Tenchi Muyo!/Tenchi Universe/Tenchi in Tokyo (uncensored/uncut versions)

3:30: Love Hina

4:00: VanDread

4:30: Geneshaft

5:00: Hell Girl

5:30: InuYasha: The Final Act

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

captricosakara wrote:

If I were to run Toonami?

Well, since it’s currently in the Saturday 11:30-6:00 run, that’s 13 shows. Well, for one thing, no Star Wars. That Clone Wars series should stay in the daytime. No non-anime American cartoons (Boondocks is the exception, though), so Sym-Bionic Titan is also out. Anime only.

And these are the anime I would put on the run:

12:00: Super Dimension Fortress Macross (2006 English dub)

12:30: Accel World

1:00: Gundam 00

1:30: Outlaw Star (uncensored/uncut version)

2:00: Cowboy Bebop

2:30: Gurren Lagaan

3:00: Tenchi Muyo!/Tenchi Universe/Tenchi in Tokyo (uncensored/uncut versions)

3:30: Love Hina

4:00: VanDread

4:30: Geneshaft

5:00: Hell Girl

That’s a great lineup! I don’t think Boondocks is an anime technically speaking, but it’d fit right in.

Gundam OO is good until you get to the second part of season 2 where all the plotlines start to develop holes.

Outlaw Star agree.

Gurren Lagannfun. iloveit1

Hell Girl nice change of pace from the others.

Inuyasha:The Final Act something us Kagome fanboys would drool over…! Tenchismile

Another version:

12:00: Accel World

12:30: Attack on Titan

1:00: Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean

1:30: Gundam Wing/G-Gundam/Gundam 0083/0080: War in a Pocket/8th MS Team (uncensored/uncut versions)

2:00: Tenchi Muyo!/Tenchi Universe/Tenchi in Tokyo/GXP/War on Geminar (uncensored/uncut versions – OVA3 and specials included)

2:30: Super Dimension Fortress Macross (2006 English dub)

3:00: Witchblade

3:30: Outlaw Star (uncensored/uncut version)

4:00: Cowboy Bebop

4:30: Trigun

5:00: Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.