Jurai Empire Analysis

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Jurai Empire Analysis

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    A lot of things about Jurai are talked and debated about, but what of Jurai itself. Jurai has an empire that spans across planets and systems and large political power. But what makes it so great and having a lasting stability to hold an empire together. There are several threads proving strength:

Keys of Jurai

Trees of Jurai

Jurian Powers

Juraian Technology

Information comes from: OVA, Universe, Tokyo, GXP, Manga, and possible Light Novels

My first of many theories is that Jurai being gifted with a phenomenal power, and compared to everyone one else, seemed like natural nuclear weapons and technology. They used that power in early empire to frighten or persuade others to join and bolster superiority.

Thoughts?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Replies
      segaman4
      It feels like a mixture of the Roman empire and America personally to me because of its hegemic hold on the galaxy. To me personally the reason why it’s so s tree able its because of tsunami.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      In the OVA’s Tsunami is present, however in the other continuities: Universe, Tokyo, she is not.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      As watching ep 25 of Tenchi Universe, Jurai is too overpowered for it’s own good. Azaka and Kamidake said in the episode that there are no guards inside the palace itself because Jurai, and the Emperor is most powerful in the Universe. Also the Emperor is accompanied by strong knights by his side.

That reason creates a sense of invincibility and false safety for Jurai. Jurai has Powerful beings such as the royal trees and able to use that power to it’s fullest, however that is not without flaws. Sure they have technology, power, and strong people, but they leave a gap in common sense security measures. The mentality is “I have big guns I’m showing off no one will come at me”, this will work at range for most people but not the ones able to get at the heart of Jurai Empire.

Sources:

Trees of Jurai

Powers

Juraian Technology

segaman4
      Hey do you think that there benevolent in some way
      susano
      The Jurai Empire is the most powerful nation within the Galactic Union. The Jurain Empire is often call Jurai. Earth is located in what seems to be a remote part of Jurain control space. The Earth is technically a Jurain colony which has been given special status. While the major nations of the Earth are aware of Jurai and the Galactic Union, only a few people on Earth are fully aware of the existence of Jurai and the Galactic Union.

Jurai’s greatest rival and ally is the Seniwan Empire. The Seniwan Empire is the second greatest power in the Galactic Union. It is also the largest nation in the Galactic Union. Many members of the Galaxy Police are Seniwans. The Kuramitsu Family is the most powerful family in the Seniwan Empire. Yet it it is likely that the Kuramitsu Family shares its power with the Royal Family.

jotaro1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

susano worte:

The Jurai Empire is the most powerful nation within the Galactic Union. The Jurain Empire is often call Jurai. Earth is located in what seems to be a remote part of Jurain control space. The Earth is technically a Jurain colony which has been given special status. While the major nations of the Earth are aware of Jurai and the Galactic Union, only a few people on Earth are fully aware of the existence of Jurai and the Galactic Union.

Jurai’s greatest rival and ally is the Seniwan Empire. The Seniwan Empire is the second greatest power in the Galactic Union. It is also the largest nation in the Galactic Union. Many members of the Galaxy Police are Seniwans. The Kuramitsu Family is the most powerful family in the Seniwan Empire. Yet it it is likely that the Kuramitsu Family shares its power with the Royal Family.

In the OVA continuity this is for the most part true, in GXP and the last ep of OVA 3 you see this the extent of cooperation an influence of the Seniwan and Jurai elites. Mikami and Seto decide and plan on galatic manners of Balouta territories and pirate guilds. However in the other series is not much we see of the rest of the empire, no other functions or elites or royal family members. I remember in one of the manga’s there is special family that works for the Jurai Royal family under special circumstances, that being royal tree carvers or something.

It is possible that the Jurai’s hierarchy is almost exact as a earth hierarchy, Royal family – branch families – special cases and/or highly trusted people. Line of succession based on family status, and most likely each family or individual with position governs a sector or planet within the Jurai empire.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Ukinojo92 wrote:

I remember in one of the manga’s there is special family that works for the Jurai Royal family under special circumstances, that being royal tree carvers or something.

That is also part of the OVA continuity. mmhmm1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

It is possible that the Jurai’s hierarchy is almost exact as a earth hierarchy, Royal family – branch families – special cases and/or highly trusted people. Line of succession based on family status, and most likely each family or individual with position governs a sector or planet within the Jurai empire.

A Possibility that Jurai would mainly have to focus on other large nations and empires on a Macro-territory level, the sectors governed by selected individuals would have to focus on forces on a micro-territory level in their own place. Trading, housing, criminal offenders would be left to the governing position of a Jurai sector itself. However depending on the degree of actions like, certain trades, pirate activity, or politics would be on the macro level and need to coordinated with Jurai and the governing sector.

Shounenbat
      Participant
      Well, I’m going to be up all night reading through this. It seems like, as much as we know about Jurai, the planet is still an enigma. It would be interesting to see what life is like for the common Juraian, knowing your rulers are beyond privileged (in one of the Hasegawa novels, although I can’t remember which one specifically, Kiyone says something to the effect that the common people aren’t all that happy with the ruling class), and also knowing that your planet is one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the known universe.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      This link has the translated 101 tenchi secrets book and seems detailed and correct

https://archive.is/4iKRB” class=”bbcode_url”>https://archive.is/4iKRB

but I would wait for Chaud’s raw scans or the translation crew to give a full translated version

Shounenbat
      Participant

Ukinojo92 wrote:

This link has the translated 101 tenchi secrets book and seems detailed and correct

but I would wait for Chaud’s raw scans or the translation crew to give a full translated version

Is there a raw file available? I can read the Japanese with a little help from a dictionary when I get hung up on a word. I’m about an upper intermediate level right now, so getting better is a whole easier than when I was just starting and felt like I couldn’t understand anything.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Shounenbat wrote:

Is there a raw file available? I can read the Japanese with a little help from a dictionary when I get hung up on a word. I’m about an upper intermediate level right now, so getting better is a whole easier than when I was just starting and felt like I couldn’t understand anything.

PM Chaud, he said he got a raw scan of the secrets

ChaudSept

Shounenbat wrote:

Dude are you serious you can read jap ? you only got vocabulary issue ? Thats intresting.

Listen im not from the translation team but i know one thing : they won’t say no to some help. Mostly if you do read japanese.

I have a lot of scans (actually it’s “they have” or “we have”…), and a lot of software, but i dont have the jap-knowledge.

Im pretty sure Nil or Crazed should talk to you :)

If they are busy, well we could team up, i’ll show you all the “translation aera” and project of the forum.

What do you say ?

Shounenbat
      Participant

ChaudSept wrote:

Shounenbat wrote:

Dude are you serious you can read jap ? you only got vocabulary issue ? Thats intresting.

Listen im not from the translation team but i know one thing : they won’t say no to some help. Mostly if you do read japanese.

I have a lot of scans (actually it’s “they have” or “we have”…), and a lot of software, but i dont have the jap-knowledge.

Im pretty sure Nil or Crazed should talk to you :)

If they are busy, well we could team up, i’ll show you all the “translation aera” and project of the forum.

What do you say ?

Sounds good to me. I’d be happy to help if I can. Also, if I run into some phrases or idioms that I don’t understand, I bet I can ask some of my Japanese pen pals on Lang-8 to lend a hand.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

9. What’s the secret of the Jurai star?

Answer:

It was a pirate guild nation.

More details …

The followings are from Kajishima’s “Explanatory Notes of Basic Concepts”:

Jurai Star:

An Imperial nation with the largest territory among the nations in Galaxy Union. However, being at the edge of the galaxy, the number of actual stars it owns are relatively small.

Birth of Jurai:

Long before the creation of Galaxy Union, there were lots of nobles who became pirates after being usurped from power. They merged into a pirate guild, whose first leader was an ancestor of Jurai Family.

Characteristics of Jurai:

72% of the surface of the capital planet is land mass, and most of it is covered by plants, consisting of hundreds of millions of species. One of them is the “ouke no ki”, which has its own will and power.

Activity of Jurai:

The pirate guild still exists and is controlled by Jurai. It is a combination of Imperial Guard and Intelligence Service. They are involved in some illegal activities but that is not their main concern.

Size of the pirate guild:

It is the third largest group of the pirate groups in Galaxy and 15% of the pirate fleets in Galaxy are under its control.

Info is from the links translated version of 101 Tenchi secrets

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.