Just A Hypothetical

• This topic is empty.
    !MY POST IS PURELY ABOUT TENCHI UNIVERSE!

What if Mihoshi didn’t crash into Ryoko in Episode 5? It is obvious she would be arrested and taken to GP. At the end of the episode though they are told to stay on Earth. So, even though she would bring Ryoko in would she still be sent back to Earth with Mihoshi? I’d say unlikely as getting a most wanted criminal where others at higher ranks ahve failed must earn some serious thought into promotion.

So then, Kiyone receives a promotion I’d wager. Would Mihoshi? If Kiyone reports accuratly saying she captured her, likely no. This is her one chance to be rid of Mihoshi. I can’t see Kiyone lying saying Mihoshi helped. But seeing as how things ended up in the final episode, there;s a chance somehow Mihoshi would be promoted too. However! building on what if only Kiyone had the promotion, Kiyone could also state Mihoshi was living with all these people! That would be disaterous for Mihoshi and she’d be punished. Could you really see Kiyone doing that? Kiyone’s relationship with Mihoshi is like a yo yo, sometimes she hates her, sometimes she likes her. She could be the only one promoted, and live the high life of a promoted officer leaving Mihoshi to be the one in charge of Earth.

Now lets say Kiyone and Mihoshi go their seperate ways here. Fast forward to episode 14 (I think) where Ayeka is framed. They have no Yagami so can’t sneak on board. Ryoko is locked in in GP headquarters or somewhere. That’s the two main ships of the show gone. No not really. Ryo Ohki isn’t taken with Ryoko. Washu would have to be one clever gal to get near the Jurai ship. Perhaps she uses holographic technology to make Ryo ohki appear as a GP ship, or Jurai ship? Something else maybe? I would easily imagine Washu does the same tactic when Kiyone was with them. Once they reach Ayeka they use Ryo Ohki once again to burst out the ship and make a bee line for Jurai.

Now, Mihoshi would have no reason to go to GP HQ as Kiyone did. No promotion. So we would be skipping that episode. Unless the GP asked her to come in because she knows Ayeka and wants a report (of that incident too). If that was the case its likely Kiyone would be re-introduced, because we know Mihoshi’s dumb luck, and she’d liekly run into her as she was running away. Mihoshi would likely babble something stupid to make the police think Kiyone was with Mihoshi. Ryo Ohki is nearby disguised I assume, or out of radar range. They’d be able to stay in touch with Mihoshi I’d assume and see she’s in trouble and rescue her just like Yagami did, along with an unwilling Kiyone thanks to Mihoshi. This would leave Kiyone without Yagami though… (unless she somehow gets Yagami whilst escaping, but I highly doubt that with the order to capture them on sight)

So Kiyone re-joins the gang, without Yagami and Ryoko is still locked up. Unless by some miracle Ryo Ohki breaks open the exact spot where Ryoko is and manage to escape before they are over run. Possible, but Ryo Ohki would suffer lots of damage.

However, as in TU the GP ships surrounded them, and with no Yagami they would ram into them. What might happen is they break free but sustain heavy damage. What happens next? Who knows.

Just my massive what if, JUST on the theory if Mihoshi had not freed Ryoko accidently in Episode 5. Amazing, that thanks to Mihoshi things ran they did. Things could of gone much worse without this incident. What I covered may not happen the way it does. Ryoko might never be freed from GP. This could leave the gang at an end to their jounrey to Jurai without Ryoko’s actions. One action can have a huge impact on the future. So… I guess we owe a thanks to Mihoshi in some way :scared:

Anyone else care to comment on my theory, or make one of their own?

Viewing 111 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      I like open ended questions better.

What if Tenchi died? (no the semi dead OVA doesn’t count)

What if one of the girls did it?

What if Tenchi married Fuku?

What if the household of aliens was found out?

What if Dual was the main series and Tenchi was the back seat show…?

What if Kiyone had a Gundam?

What if Yosho turned out to be a android?

What if Tenchi’s hair tastes purple? :WUTH:

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Lol, at least we know that this is the real JG posting, and not an Android Yosho JG. sawthatplz

Anyway, I love “What ifs?” because they are fun and can lead to some real nerdtastic conversations.

As to what you were hypothesizing Kiyoka, wouldn’t Ryo-Ohki’s telepathic link with Ryoko allow her to find the exact cell that Ryoko was being held in (which was actually discussed in that episode IIRC.)? Either way, I agree that Kiyone would definitely find her way back into the show within a few episodes. Perhaps she would be assigned to track down the fugitives, seeing as how she would have become the GP’s best detective over night!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Tenchi Universe is basically a chain reaction of Mihoshi’s ditzyness/dumb luck and Ryoko’s drinking habits :D

What if, Nagi had somehow got stranded on Earth during her first episode? And she became part of the household for a time? :)

Or… What if Mihoshi had stayed like she was in the first episode/more like her OVA 1 counterpart?

If Kiyone had been promoted, or sent back to headquarters earlier in the series, would she have become an enemy? Or, after being promoted, would she like others at HQ be later demoted like Mitsuki?

cubaplz

So many what ifs…

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

Lol, at least we know that this is the real JG posting, and not an Android Yosho JG. sawthatplz

imhappylaplz lmao

I love ‘what if’s’ because it runs along similar lines of one of my favorite movifs in movies, tv series and/or books.*

But first my scenario: what if Tenchi had been a totally obedient, well-behaved kid (not that he isn’t, but every kid gets into a bit of mischief now and then) and listened to his grandfather when he told him not to go into Ryoko’s cave, and told him to stay away and merely tend to the shrine? Well, of course right off the bat Ryoko fans wince at the thought of Tenchi never finding that sword or those gems, and never wandering into Ryoko’s tomb, and never awakening–thus never meeting–Ryoko! But on a much grander scale (much like Kiyoka demonstrated with Universe) the events of Tenchi Muyo would arguably never have come about at all. Ryoko awakening=gems signaling Yosho’s tree Funaho sending signal into space, alerting Ayeka (and soon after Kagato) to Earth, which leads to their quarrel, which leads to Ryoko summoning a demon, which alerts Mihoshi’s ship and sends her crashing down to Earth. Kagato arriving by way of Ryoko leads to Washu being introduced to Tenchi and well, the rest is history.

This is my personal view, I’m not asserting that it was Kajishima’s intentions (how could I know that) heck I’m not even asserting it’s correct, but Ryoko was not only the first girl that Tenchi interacts with, but really is the harbinger of the rest of the cast of characters and the overall plot of Tenchi Muyo. I believe the series being written that way was no accident, and I believe it has some specific connotations to it (what those are, of course, can be debated).

*back to my first train of thought: the motif I like in stories and find most captivating (and I also have a hunch is true in real life for all of us, but that’s just my opinion) is things are meant to happen; everything has a reason; there are no accidents, etc. etc. etc. Simply put: why did Tenchi wander into that cave? He was meant to. Why did Bilbo and Frodo end up with the One Ring? As Gandalf says to the younger Baggins, he was meant to. Diegetically it is implied within some works such as LOTR that there are external forces at work (stated rather explicitly ex: gods/spirits what have you) whereas others with Tenchi are more ambiguous, intentionally, but even outside the diegesis (outside the world/context of the story) we obviously know that the creators of these works meant to place their characters in these situations. Authors–such as Kajishima or Tolkien or whoever–write with intent, and I for one happen to think the same applies to what we consider ‘real life’ and beyond in ways we can’t even imagine (my dear Horatios). Why do I think this? Do I have empirical proof of any kind? Nay nay, but rather simply for the same reason characters of any story are put in precarious predicaments and have obstacles to overcome: because it makes for a better story. 😉

forgive me for getting a bit off-topic, I just felt like expressing a bit, ya’ know?

GregTheLion
      If you’ve noticed, Comic books, especially Marvel and DC comics, like to do their ‘what if’ issues of certain heroes and heroins (I even hear there was an issue in which superman landed in Soviet Russia and not In america)

As for Tenchi ‘What ifs’ I have an answer to my own question:

Q: What if Tenchi never went into the cave, get the sword and awake Ryoko?

A: Eventually, Kagato would find Ryoko and wake her up himself, possessing her to go after Yosho and anyone related to him. Yosho would also spot Soja landing on earth and try to evacuate Tenchi and Nobuyuki from Japan entirely. But then kagato would get Ryoko to go back to Jurai, knowing Yosho is now too old and weak to protect the planet, and finish off the destruction where they left off.

And yet this still somehow sounds loads better than OAV3!

jgzinv
      Actually I think Yosho would fight a valient battle with ryoko and kagato, yosho would fight to the death, probably save or neutralize Ryoko, (who wouldn’t be able to bring herself to kill Tenchi, stopping short of it), but die fighting Kagato. Washu wouldn’t get saved, debatable if Tenchi would just be taken out easily or not.

Kagato would leave earth and run into Ayeka, and capture or destroy her in space. Go about his way doing Kagoto-y things.

Kiyoka

JGZinv wrote:

What if Kiyone had a Gundam?

Umm… didn’t that happen in Tenchi don? Didn’t Washu convert Yagami into a mecha? I don’t know really.. I can’t read Japanese! Must get that page scanned..

Something else I thought of.; if Kiyone got promoted and stayed at GP.. wouldn’t she be dead when TMIL came around? O_O

What if Tenchi was created by Takahashi Rumiko?

What if Kiyone was the main female character?

What if 4kids had the rights to air Tenchi…The Horror! 😯

What if Tenchi was hit by a UFO and turned into a girl because of it?

What if Ryoko and Aeka were attracted to female Tenchi?

What if I stop with Kashimashi already? 😆

What if Ryoko had been more civilized?

What if Aeka had been younger than Sasami?

What if AIC never approved Kajishima’s proposal that ultimately became Tenchi?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SilverWhisper wrote:

What if AIC never approved Kajishima’s proposal that ultimately became Tenchi?

gasp! We all would never have met! A horrendous thought indeed. Wow what a cool thought. A much younger Kajishima, energetic and filled with enthusiasm and fresh ideas, fervently pitching his idea, hoping it would get produced & made a reality (I can relate lol)

Kiyoka wrote:

Something else I thought of.; if Kiyone got promoted and stayed at GP.. wouldn’t she be dead when TMIL came around? O_O

Wow scary thought. In hindsight, perhaps she owes Mihoshi a ‘thank you’ & shows that Mihoshi’s um, ‘Mihoshi-ness’ is perhaps as natural a force of the universe as gravity. Everything balances out. 😆

What if Ryoko (when first on earth) had defeated and killed Yosho? NO TENCHI! 😯

What if Tenchi were Klingon? 😆

What if Ryoko was a prude?

What if Aeka was more like Ryoko?

What if The Who did a Tenchi Rock Opera?

What if Marvel published Tenchi?

What if Tenchi was dark like Death Note?

What if Mihoshi was replaced by Misa Misa?

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      If Sasami hadn’t found that carrot towards the end of Universe episode 3, what would have happened to her and Ayeka? Perhaps they would have been captured early, and Tenchi would have no idea. At the same time, Mihoshi would have been taken back to headquarters and continued being Kiyone’s partner… but.. why were they separate in the beginning of Universe anyway? Why did they have two different aircraft? What if Kiyone had been with Mihoshi and helped to shoot down Ryoko?
      susano
      What if Tenchi’s mother Kiyone had not died?

What if Tenchi’s mother Achika didn’t died?

What if Mihoshi was a just carefree person like her mother Mitoto?

Kiyoka

Mittens wrote:

If Sasami hadn’t found that carrot towards the end of Universe episode 3, what would have happened to her and Ayeka? Perhaps they would have been captured early, and Tenchi would have no idea. At the same time, Mihoshi would have been taken back to headquarters and continued being Kiyone’s partner… but.. why were they separate in the beginning of Universe anyway? Why did they have two different aircraft? What if Kiyone had been with Mihoshi and helped to shoot down Ryoko?

I have a big question I’m suprised no one has thought of…

What if Ayeka didn’t trap Ryoko in that forcefield as she was descending down to Kiyone with her sword?

IMO… Ryoko has gotten a little soft with Tenchi.. so I highly doubt she would of killed her. Injure her maybe.

THen again, Ryoko seemed like she was going to kill Nagi…

What if Ryo-Ohki had crashed into Tenchi killing him and then later Washu had to use her superior brain to bring him back to life and what if Mihoshi goofed things up(as per normal)and Tenchi got turned into a girl?

(Tenchi meets Kashimashi anyone? 😆 )

What if Kiyone had a new partner named Yuki Saiko who was always lecturing her on the best way of making coffee?

What if Aeka were Tenchi’s long lost other sister?

What if Tenchi had been created by Stan Lee?

Kiyoka

mitsuki lover wrote:

What if Kiyone had a new partner named Yuki Saiko who was always lecturing her on the best way of making coffee?

Who?…

Quote:

What if Tenchi had been created by Stan Lee?

To meaning to be offensive, but it would suck. Tenchi is what it is because the Japanese and their crazy unique minds did it. Tenchi would be Americanised if Stan Lee did it and likely… be as horrid.. as.. THOSE comics.. *shudder*

Japan rules k? All bow to their might :washu:

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Kiyoka wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Who?…

Her. 😉

Kiyoka

Nobuyuki wrote:

Kiyoka wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Who?…

Her. 😉

Again, who? Pictures don’t tell me much.

Would of prefered if this topic stayed on the subject of Tenchi.. germanyplz

susano
      What if Kagato was not the infamous criminal in OVA 1, but a famous privateer?

What if Kagato was Ryoko’s father?

What if Takahashi Rumiko had created Tenchi and Sasami were replaced by Kagome?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

What if Takahashi Rumiko had created Tenchi and Sasami were replaced by Kagome?

Kiyoka wrote:

Would of prefered if this topic stayed on the subject of Tenchi.. germanyplz

I don’t think you quite got the idea Mitsuki Lover. This thread was created by Kiyoka to discuss serious speculations regarding the events of, AND ONLY OF, the Tenchi Muyo multiverse. Out of respect to the original poster, I think we would all prefer if this thread remained strictly in that vein. If you would like to speculate on cross anime possibilities (and lets face it who doesn’t :Cheeks: ) please start a thread in either the “Games” or “Other Anime” sections for that purpose, that way everyone who wants to use this thread for what it was started for can do so without confusion.

Hmmm….

I really don’t take the whole idea of What If all that seriously in the first place as to me the very idea

of What If is in and of itself a game.This is why I was surprised that this was put here instead of the

forum games to begin with,and I have just simply been posting as my mood indicates.

Kiyoka

mitsuki lover wrote:

Hmmm….

I really don’t take the whole idea of What If all that seriously in the first place as to me the very idea

of What If is in and of itself a game.This is why I was surprised that this was put here instead of the

forum games to begin with,and I have just simply been posting as my mood indicates.

Surely you could tell by my serious first post it was no game?

…Anyway back ontopic. I’ll be making another wall of text soon!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      What if, instead of or along with Kagato, Kiyone had been made a “bad guy” in Universe? Or she had just turned them all in when she went to the GP HQ?
      Thorn

Mittens wrote:

Tenchi Universe is basically a chain reaction of Mihoshi’s ditzyness/dumb luck and Ryoko’s drinking habits :D

What if, Nagi had somehow got stranded on Earth during her first episode? And she became part of the household for a time? :)

Or… What if Mihoshi had stayed like she was in the first episode/more like her OVA 1 counterpart?

If Kiyone had been promoted, or sent back to headquarters earlier in the series, would she have become an enemy? Or, after being promoted, would she like others at HQ be later demoted like Mitsuki?

cubaplz

So many what ifs…

That would’ve been AMAZING! Then we would’ve had Ayeka vs. Ryoko AND Ryoko vs. Nagi. Not only that, but the house likely wouldn’t have survived all that fighting. And little Ken-Ohki and Ryo-Ohki would’ve hat little cabbit babies!

Now, what if Ryoko really did die aboard Ryo-Ohki after getting the group to Jurai, and the Ryoko that shows up in the last episode is actually a clone created by Ryo-Ohki and her grief. Better yet, created by some villian who wants to harness Tenchi’s power.

Kiyoka
      What if Kiyone was picked up from the wreckage in the MS upon near death, then given new life?

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3136/yukinojo.jpg" />

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I support this plan… or at least a variation of it. 😉
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      write a question and then write a few sentences about that idea. [/b]Any spamming will be deleted.

~Mitts[/color]

We know that Kiyone graduated second in her class…. What if Mihoshi was the one who graduated at first? But, like in OVA something happened or she was overworked, thus becoming carefree.

Or what if Kiyone had been stuck with Mitsuki as a partner, and they became part of the household while Mihoshi became a villain working with the GP/Jurai ? isawitplz So Mitsuki and Kiyone would both have their original personalities, Mitsuki constantly antagonising her that they should be higher up in their careers and Kiyone feels that way too, so as they get stuck on earth she wishes she had a partner who was more carefree, like a blonde woman that graduated academy at first in her class despite being calm, carefree and a bit ditzy…. But is actually the complicated antagonist, luring them towards the conflict with Jurai.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Mittens wrote:

We know that Kiyone graduated second in her class…. What if Mihoshi was the one who graduated at first? But, like in OVA something happened or she was overworked, thus becoming carefree.

I can’t really see Universe Mihoshi getting first in the class (unless some horrible computer error happened and placed her there by accident! 😆 )

Mittens wrote:

Or what if Kiyone had been stuck with Mitsuki as a partner, and they became part of the household while Mihoshi became a villain working with the GP/Jurai ? isawitplz

Now that’s a cool idea! IIRC, we talked about what if Kiyone had stayed with the GP and ended up on the wrong side of the conflict. Again, I can’t see TU Mihoshi knowingly working with the baddies, but I think she could totally be strung along by them until she somehow figures it out and switches sides.

My turn! What if Kagato (OVA) had succeeded in capturing Tsunami? Would Tokimi have come out of the woodwork much earlier to prevent it, or would she throw her sisters under the bus and say “Yay more chaos!”? Would she even be able to reset the universe, or would there have to be some sort of war to bring Kagato down?

Kiyoka

chucklocker wrote:

Mittens wrote:

I can’t really see Universe Mihoshi getting first in the class (unless some horrible computer error happened and placed her there by accident! 😆 )

They could of been using Vista ;)

Speaking of Kiyone ending up with Mitsuki. Imagine that happening… It’d be just like the Ayeka and Ryoko friendship with arguments in between haha.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Kiyoka wrote:

They could of been using Vista ;)

Sounds more like Windows Me

chucklocker wrote:

Mittens wrote:

For some reason, I am reminded of the Pretty Sammy OVA’s, where Mihoshi is a college student and Kiyone had failed her entrance exams.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

chucklocker wrote:

Mittens wrote:

For some reason, I am reminded of the Pretty Sammy OVA’s, where Mihoshi is a college student and Kiyone had failed her entrance exams.

Very true Nobuyuki. I guess Kiyone stayed up too late studying the night before and overslept for her test 😆 I also suspect that the whole thing is just a (very well done) comic scenario cooked up by the writers to poke fun at the overachievers of the world.

I’m sure there is a “tvtropes” page that describes what I mean lol.

Anonymous

susano wrote:

What if Kagato was Ryoko’s father?

This is something I always thought was a cool concept, and something that floated around in the early fandom for awhile for various reasons. I think it would be something fun to explore, somewhere along the lines of

Kagato: Ryoko, there’s something you need to know, I AM YOUR FATHER

Ryoko: That’s not true, THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE *hand get’s cut off*

Something, something Star Wars = Tenchi :Cheeks:

Actually I think in the ova they kinda did hint kagato was her father didn’t they because kagato even said “your form could have been whatever I chose it to be” and he did have Washu trapped under the ship and Washu said she was Ryoko’s mother
      Anonymous

The_evil_Genius wrote:

Actually I think in the ova they kinda did hint kagato was her father didn’t they because kagato even said “your form could have been whatever I chose it to be” and he did have Washu trapped under the ship and Washu said she was Ryoko’s mother

Kagato and Ryoko aren’t related, according to the OVA, Ryoko was created from Mass and an Egg cell of Washu’s, Ryo-ohki was created from Mass and “Mineral Life” though what that is is never fully determined. Kagato was a student of Washu, who also happened to be a clone of one of her former associates and good friends Naja Akara.

WisperG
      Its been awhile since I’ve seen any of it, but didn’t Tenchi abridged go the “I am your father” route with Kagato and Ryoko?
      susano
      Washu seem to not to want Ryoko to be her clone. In order to prevent Ryoko from being her clone, Washu had needed another X chromosone. Washu had used some genetic material from her best friend Naja Akara for the second X chromosone. Since Naja was a hermophrodite, she/he was Ryoko’s father.

What if Tenchi has two young sisters?

What if Kenshi and Tenchi have a kid sister.

Kenshi and Tenchi having a kid sister is more likely than Tenchi having one sister or two younger sisters. Raye and Nobuyuki will likely have a second child after Kenshi was born. If Nobuyuki and Rea have a second child, the child will likely to be a girl. The girl is just one of Kenshi’s sisters. When Kenshi is referring to his sisters, he was referring mosty o his sister-in-laws. Still, it is logical for Kenshi and Tenchi having a kid sister.

icon_rami1

Nobuyuki
      Participant

susano wrote:

Since Naja was a hermophrodite

STOP RIGHT THERE. 🙄

Kagato was hermaphrodite, due to assimilating an early male Ryoko prototype.

After all, Ryoko wasn’t the first attempt.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Holy crap! I have this doujin and I never made the connection before, but damn, there it is in black and white! That’s very cool.

Back on topic, what if Washu rejoined the galactic scientific community? I mean, she seems to be almost cloistering herself off from the rest of the galaxy. What would happen if the universe’s greatest scientist decided to step back into the spotlight and take on students again?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Thanks for some much-needed clarity there.

It has slipped my mind for some time, but seeing it brought up again reminded me: how many attempts were there? And in the spirit of the thread, what if one/some of these “prototypes” eluded Kagato’s clutches and struck out on their own in some remote corner of the galaxy? What if this were explored in fan-fiction form (it seems ripe for it)?

Afterthought: though Kagato is not Ryoko’s biological father, I’ve seen this take explored before (as Wisper mentioned, TLF for comedic purposes) which I very much like. Though again not literal in the canon, I feel like the domestic strife/broken family subtext is there, if only very loosely.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

It has slipped my mind for some time, but seeing it brought up again reminded me: how many attempts were there?

I don’t think the exact amount is known, but counting Ryoko and Kagato, at least four.

Unfortunately, those previous two didn’t make it. :(

Quote:

Though again not literal in the canon, I feel like the domestic strife/broken family subtext is there, if only very loosely.

Loose canons are a bad thing. :Cheeks:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Loose canons are a bad thing. :Cheeks:

At least we’re doing a good job of not being loose cannons isawitplz sigh I’m lame.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Whoops I kinda killed this thread bth_Ayeka2

Here: What if Nobuyuki had awakened Ryoko??? What if he did this before Tenchi was even born??? Before or after Tenchi, just imagine Tenchi’s role replaced with Nobuyuki and try not to laugh! All the girls gravitate towards him (only in a ‘what if’ thread lol).

susano

Nobuyuki wrote:

susano wrote:

Since Naja was a hermophrodite

STOP RIGHT THERE. 🙄

I was referring to Naja’s DNA as the material for the second X Chromosone. Washu had to used Naja’s DNA to provide the second X chromosone and the other chromosones for Ryoko. Ryoko is not a Naja clone. In a way, Naja was Ryoko’s second mother as well as her father.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Here: What if Nobuyuki had awakened Ryoko??? What if he did this before Tenchi was even born??? Before or after Tenchi, just imagine Tenchi’s role replaced with Nobuyuki and try not to laugh! All the girls gravitate towards him (only in a ‘what if’ thread lol).

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/Win-at-life-lucky-star-18486400-600-480_zpsdea1c0b8.jpg" />

Quote:

I was referring to Naja’s DNA as the material for the second X Chromosone.

That’s the definition of “human female”, not “hermaphrodite.”. :P

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Lol, I was waiting for you to make a joke about who’s scenario Nobuyuki! 😆

Anyway, I’d imagine that Nobuyuki (the animated one, lol) would be thrilled with his good fortune. He’d watch TV all day with Mihoshi, willingly participate in Washu’s “Science Experiments,” enjoy Sasami’s cooking all the time, and probably be more entertained by Ryoko and Ayeka’s brawls than Tenchi was xD

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

I’d imagine that Nobuyuki (the animated one, lol) would be thrilled with his good fortune. He’d watch TV all day with Mihoshi, willingly participate in Washu’s “Science Experiments,” enjoy Sasami’s cooking all the time, and probably be more entertained by Ryoko and Ayeka’s brawls than Tenchi was xD

Here’s prob the closest we’ll get:

http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/image/68965482934” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/image/68965482934

JGZinv wrote:

What if the household of aliens was found out?

^This would be fun, and it’s interesting it never came up in really any of the series (that I’m aware of) as a plot point to work around (which, actually, I’m glad it didn’t; allowed us to focus on more “important” things).

I seem to vaguely recall someone(s) somewhere out there on the internet addressing this in their fanfiction, stating that the uppermost echelons of government (or a secret branch? idk) knew about Jurai (and, of course, vice versa), fully aware of our (Earth’s) position under Jurain sovereignty and accepting their protection and “laissez faire” style of rule…all while keeping it secret from the general population.

Hey! There’s a new “what if?”

jgzinv
      What if Washu died (really)!?

What if Yosho died (really)!?

What if Sasami died (ditto).

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      What if ryoko and ayeka put on those dbz earrings that fuze u into one being?! (Or canon friendly, washu had sumthng to do with it.) Ryeka???
      SnowQueen
      Ayoka? Lol I bet that would be kinda cool actually.
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Id be up to seeing a fusion, but rather than the Ayoka fusion, perhaps a Kiyoshi mix? You could see one being with two conflicting sides and it would make for something interesting indeed. Also note the awesome episode of Universe where Mecha-Washu happened to pick up on Mihoshi’s one strand of hair for DNA. 😆
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Anonymous
      I do believe we’ve had 1 fusion already, IIRC the character “Inferno” from the US Pioneer manga was a fusion between Ryoko and Washu

https://24.media.tumblr.com/dc4a2158e6d98b1c4580b46ec8dc9203/tumblr_muzpq6XZF61skcniqo5_250.jpg" />

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Could be terrible, awesome or both. gendo1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Ok, this is just a ‘what if ‘ scenario. This does not express my thoughts on who I dislike or like. I mean this in story-wise for the Tenchi gang: If one of the characters would die, who would it be? In almost every continuity, the characters have gone through life and death situations. Usually luck, strength, perseverance, outside force, and each other get them through the battles but that is not always going hold. Just once, something will go wrong and someone will die. The gang is tough, but not immortal.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Kiyone. It would bring Mihoshi back into the fold and continue the classic dynamic.

And nothing of importance will be lost

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Ryoko: she pushes herself in every continuity. In OVA, she didn’t care if she died taking on Kagato, In Universe, she almost died when taking Tenchi to Jurai palace. She puts her being on the line when it counts and costs her a lot in the end.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

And nothing of importance will be lost

aquateencarl1 Yeah, I got that for ya right here pal.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/223272-noike50_zpscbhokjp0.jpg" />

But on topic, I’d say Ryoko’s “death” at the end of Universe would fit quite well…it’d be tragically beautiful and all, but I wouldn’t like the ending as much, and hell it’d kill me inside.

sadface1

I’d hate to say it but to me the most likely candidate would have to be Nobuyuki since you can

have Tenchi pretty much without him.You obviously can’t kill Tenchi.And as far as the girls

go one can find arguments why you should keep each around.

Even Yosho has somewhat of an important part.

That leaves Nobuyuki as the most expendable.That and he’s the one that isn’t around a lot.

Nil Admirari
      none
      While this would never happen in any storyline officially penned for any timeline of Tenchi, I think one of the more interesting choices would be Ayeka.

She is fully integral to the household’s drama. While many would consider her a nagging addition, I feel that without her, the house would feel much emptier. We can also look to her character traits for why this could potentially occur . We know she’s dedicated enough to abandon her life on Jurai to find her lost fiance. She’s quite the tragic character in that her arcs usually revolve around some degree of loss, most evident in the OVA timeline. She also spends time trying to find her own self, and while she attempts to be the diplomat she was no doubt raised to be, there’s an immaturity and need to prove herself underlying many of her actions as she develops.

Much in the same way Ryoko’s death was feigned in Universe, I can envision Ayeka going the same distance and perhaps even further which would lead to her expiration. Her fierce loyalty would come at the cost of her own life, a decision she would make to save the man she loves. After all, surely her Universe counterpart would recall Ryoko’s near suicidal run to get the gang to Jurai? Seeing how Ayeka showed her willingness to look up to Ryoko during TMiL2, one could reason for Ayeka taking a page right out of her rival’s book. The fallout would be quite the show as well. Can you imagine the Royal Family needing to deal with the loss of their first daughter like that? And the way the internal politics would need to shift to prime Sasami as the heir to the throne now that big sister was no longer an option? We even saw some of the effects that the Masaki household would go through in Okuda’s manga during one of the final arcs wherein Ayeka was removed from the group and actively fought against them.

The sense of loss would be immense, the internal politics of the Masaki clan would be changed as well as Jurai needing to do some shuffling around. It would be one of the more wide-reaching deaths the series could have. Fun to think about, but one that would never get animated.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      A what if death: Sasami

Quote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Sasami and Ryo-Ohki are the pure-hearted souls that a large cast of larger-than-life personalities needs. As it does for Tenchi on more than one occasion, it keeps us all tethered to Earth once in a while and gives us some space from…well, everyone else.

Sasami is the little to everyone in the Tenchi household. The innocent soul in the house of mix and conflicted people. Several instances of the household helping her in school life, personal crisis or whatever she is trying to accomplish. Sasami helps out and takes care of everyone in the household, someone that is just there for everyone. If she was in danger everyone would come to protect her.

The gang does get into trouble, often times deadly and puts them all in danger. If the one character that is the youngest, innocent, and is the one everyone would let be hurt dies, there mentality would most likely shatter. Death would shatter anyone close to you, but more so when it is a child. Especially Ayeka, being the big sister that is always supposed to be there for Sasami. She would most likely lash out at anyone trying to comfort her, after being torn through by her own family for letting her sister die following her. A consequence for the household that is thrown into dangerous situations, a death of an important member.

No…you can’t kill off Sakur…er I mean Sasami….that would be a bit too devastating.

I mean if that happened Aeka would go full on Berserker mode.And I don’t think I would want to be

in the same multiverse when that happens!

Also I momentarily pictured Tenchi going something on the lines of:”KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!”

as he sees Sasami’s poor bloodstained broken body.

ChaudSept

mitsuki lover wrote:

No…you can’t kill off Sakur…er I mean Sasami….that would be a bit too devastating.

I mean if that happened Aeka would go full on Berserker mode.And I don’t think I would want to be

This ! This could have been a great plot for the creation of the counter-actor.

Imagine Sasami or whatever gets killed, Aeka becomes so mad she turns into the counter-actor. Instead of Misaki, coming out of nowhere.

That would have been a really good thing for OVA 3.

More realistically : Tenchi get killed –> Ryoko very mad –> Counter-actor.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ChaudSept wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

This ! This could have been a great plot for the creation of the counter-actor.

Imagine Sasami or whatever gets killed, Aeka becomes so mad she turns into the counter-actor. Instead of Misaki, coming out of nowhere.

That would have been a really good thing for OVA 3.

More realistically : Tenchi get killed –> Ryoko very mad –> Counter-actor.

You guys actually created an impetus, an explanation, and a reason for the Counter-Actor, all things it desperately needed. Well done!

badass1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: Washu dies.

There’s plenty of Washu rivals or beings that would match her wit and might get her. But, a thought occurred, what if genius resulted in her own demise? We’ve seen her inventions, and the type of situations she gets into. There is the possibility of finally dying due to her own fault, and not being saved by luck or her smarts.

Thoughts and Critique

Never work as I can’t see any situation where Washu would let herself get caught like that to begin

with so that she would end up dead.She thinks these things through to the Nth degree.It would be

hard to pull a fast one on her.

OTOH even if one of her inventions went gaga on her she always has some sort of failsafe handy.

No like I said unlikely to happen.

If you want to kill off one of the girls it has to be Mihoshi since she is one accident away from the

Pearly Gates every time she wakes up.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Never work as I can’t see any situation where Washu would let herself get caught like that to beginwith so that she would end up dead.She thinks these things through to the Nth degree.It would behard to pull a fast one on her.OTOH even if one of her inventions went gaga on her she always has some sort of failsafe handy.No like I said unlikely to happen.If you want to kill off one of the girls it has to be Mihoshi since she is one accident away from thePearly Gates every time she wakes up.

I think there was something in the manga that had Washu in a tight situation that she couldn’t think her way out, can’t remember which one.

A interesting thought though/

Washu: Unlikely to die, almost impossible to kill

Mihoshi: Likely to die, every chance could kill her

Washu’s death would be dramatic and felt strongly. Mihoshi’s would be dramatic, but would it be as strong felt as Washu’s. I mean the feeling of her death would depend on how she died, but if she had died due to some misfortune or freak accident, it would bring in the question of how the other members would react.

That’s a good point but I think everyone would automatically blame Mihoshi for it for some reason or other.

OTOH: Kiyone is always threatening to disembowel or otherwise kill Mihoshi so that’s another reason why killing off Mihoshi wouldn’t be so shocking or unlooked for.

I mean Kiyone could always claim ‘self-defense’!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: Kiyone dies

Kiyone is the strongest of the characters, physically and mentally. Like the ideal of good cop, she would put her welfare 2nd to others in danger. She is the moral support for Mihoshi and her death would probably send her in a near comatose state of mind. Unique people would be dramatic in death, normal ones are good and are strongly missed.

By the way, If Kiyone didn’t kill herself or Mihoshi over the years they been together, then it’s not going to happen.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      What if something tragic happened to Tenchi? Would everyone else stay in the household, or even keep in touch?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

What if something tragic happened to Tenchi? Would everyone else stay in the household, or even keep in touch?

In the OVA’s, Tokyo, In Love Movie 2, we get snippets of what would happen to the rest of the gang if something happened to Tenchi. They would most likely rage against the one’s that killed him, or if he just died, they would be in a shocked state. This is my guess, eventually they would just go away, maybe reunite or visit his grave on an anniversary. But it is the Father and Grandfather that are left behind to stay and mourn. Tenchi’s mother is dead, and then Tenchi dies, how far into despair would the Father and Grandfather would feel.

Kerbs
      Participant

Ukinojo92 wrote:

A what if death: Sasami

Quote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Sasami and Ryo-Ohki are the pure-hearted souls that a large cast of larger-than-life personalities needs. As it does for Tenchi on more than one occasion, it keeps us all tethered to Earth once in a while and gives us some space from…well, everyone else.

Sasami is the little to everyone in the Tenchi household. The innocent soul in the house of mix and conflicted people. Several instances of the household helping her in school life, personal crisis or whatever she is trying to accomplish. Sasami helps out and takes care of everyone in the household, someone that is just there for everyone. If she was in danger everyone would come to protect her.

The gang does get into trouble, often times deadly and puts them all in danger. If the one character that is the youngest, innocent, and is the one everyone would let be hurt dies, there mentality would most likely shatter. Death would shatter anyone close to you, but more so when it is a child. Especially Ayeka, being the big sister that is always supposed to be there for Sasami. She would most likely lash out at anyone trying to comfort her, after being torn through by her own family for letting her sister die following her. A consequence for the household that is thrown into dangerous situations, a death of an important member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKq8_0E-3o&feature=youtu.be&t=29m6s

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Kerbs wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKq8_0 … be&t=29m6s

This only adds to the point, Someone that you depend on and expect to always be around, just gone the next minute would be felt. A person that is always there and does the same thing everyday and is a part of your life, would leave a certain emptiness. The same things she always did would be missing form the scenery and make everything less alive.

Anonymous
      “Just a Hypothetical” and “What if” threads merged.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: Yosho

There is a lot to his life that we don’t know. In the manga and OVA, he came to earth and lived hundreds of years, but we don’t know what he did in the meantime. An old enemy or a group that noticed him could find him and exact revenge. The gang would go on a quest to find the people that did it, like a old samurai movie.

Or Western for that matter.

If that were done then I would love to have the Big Bad turn out to be another pretty girl and have her

turn out to be Yosho’s illegitimate great granddaughter who’s really pissed that Tenchi’s got all the

attention because he’s the legit heir.

And the whole kill Yosho thing was a way to get Tenchi’s attention,because she’s so batshit crazy as well as pissed and wants to kill Tenchi and killing Yosho was step one.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Under “Hypothetical” but not of a death:

“What if Ayeka was written more closely to Tenchi than Ryoko was? Would we still feel more for Ryoko or more for Ayeka?

ChaudSept

Ukinojo92 wrote:

“What if Ayeka was written more closely to Tenchi than Ryoko was? Would we still feel more for Ryoko or more for Ayeka?

The question is : Are we in love of her character, or are we in love of the relationship they’re having ? (Ryoko and Tenchi)

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

ChaudSept wrote:

Ukinojo92 wrote:

The question is : Are we in love of her character, or are we in love of the relationship they’re having ? (Ryoko and Tenchi)

I wondered if the characters were written differently, would we love them differently than before?

SnowQueen
      Since I’m one of the only few who wants someone other than Ryoko or Ayeka with Tenchi I’m kinda a oddball on this topic. Its a very good question but I think Universe did the job of making Ayeka and Tenchi closer (mostly because of the Jurai scandal) and even that probably didnt fully presaude the audience to choose who they already wanted Tenchi to be with.

I think its Ryoko’s and Tenchi’s personalitys make a unique match as to why probably why people root for them and also especially what Ryoko has been through (talking mostly about OVA) and she spent her time protecting Tenchi even though he hd no idea and she continue to do so like its her most important purpose but if look at Ayeka she has proven herself just as much. She would probably give up her crown (last episode of universe when she left a note saying she was running away) and her family for him and that speaks volumes.

As far as Ayeka and Ryoko and as far as loving the idea of the relationship or just them as characters I personally love them both as characters so much. They both have unquiely different backgrounds and way of life and yet in a couple of aspects they are the same and tne character development of them both is simply fantastic and they both shine for that. No wonder Tenchi cant choose. I wouldnt be able to either because Ryoko and Ayeka arent the only girls who are fantastic. ; )

ChaudSept

Ukinojo92 wrote:

I wondered if the characters were written differently, would we love them differently than before?

Yep, I wondered the same.

I wouldn’t like Ryoko that much if she wasn’t that passionate (about Tenchi mostly).

But in the finals episodes of OVA 1, both Aeka and Ryoko love him dramatically, they fight like crazy. That’s make me think that maybe Aeka would fit pretty well as a Ryoko.

Would we prefer a less “Royal” Aeka to a more reserved Ryoko ?

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

As far as Ayeka and Ryoko and as far as loving the idea of the relationship or just them as characters I personally love them both as characters so much. They both have unquiely different backgrounds and way of life and yet in a couple of aspects they are the same and tne character development of them both is simply fantastic and they both shine for that. No wonder Tenchi cant choose. I wouldnt be able to either because Ryoko and Ayeka arent the only girls who are fantastic. ; )

Hypothetical death related: How would the relationships of Ayeka or Ryoko with Tenchi work if one of them died? Would the survivor finally have the place by Tenchi? Would they come apart?

I think that Tenchi might be a bit overcome if that happened to care one way or the other. I think the death of either Aeka or Ryoko would drastically affect him in some way or other as they are the two that are closest to him emotionally speaking.

Just look at how distraught he was in Universe when he thought Ryoko died.Yes,Aeka was there to help him through but he was still pretty much depressed until he met her again at the end.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: What if Ryoko could become temporarily deputized in the GXP?
      That would be soawesome1 !

Though it would be funny to see her in a GP uniform and a lot of heart attacks/strokes among the

upper echelon of the GP as in: “Who let her in?” 😆 😆

Then again if Mihsohi can get into the GXP anyone can!!!!(yeah…yeah…I know Mihoshi’s family

runs the durn thing…nepotism and all that…still…)

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

That would be soawesome1 !

Though it would be funny to see her in a GP uniform and a lot of heart attacks/strokes among the

upper echelon of the GP as in: “Who let her in?” 😆 😆

Then again if Mihsohi can get into the GXP anyone can!!!!(yeah…yeah…I know Mihoshi’s family

runs the durn thing…nepotism and all that…still…)

Though it would be a pretty tough sell (depending on continuity) as she does have a criminal record across the galaxy as a space pirate. Though if it is along the OVA continuity it was cleared up and she could be one, probationary status though.

Well if you read American Western History you will see that it wasn’t unusual to have men of

questionable repute ending up being made law officers. I mean they even made Wild Bill Hickock

a town marshal for pete’s sake!

So if Wild Bill with his reputation could be a law man I guess Ryoko could get into the GXP without any problems.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well if you read American Western History you will see that it wasn’t unusual to have men of questionable repute ending up being made law officers. I mean they even made Wild Bill Hickocka town marshal for pete’s sake!So if Wild Bill with his reputation could be a law man I guess Ryoko could get into the GXP without any problems.

Yeah, Ryoko in the OVA’s, did nothing short of attacking the entirety of Jurai, destruction in hundreds of places, space piracy, and being wanted in the entire galaxy. But from what I seen of Kiyone in Universe, I think that would serve as punishment because Ryoko would have to survive Mihoshi.

SnowQueen

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hypothetical: What if Ryoko could become temporarily deputized in the GXP?

Lol actually had this idea quite awhile ago and wrote a little bit about that. Never finished it though. I just might now ^^

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hypothetical death related: How would the relationships of Ayeka or Ryoko with Tenchi work if one of them died? Would the survivor finally have the place by Tenchi? Would they come apart?

Simular to what Mitsuki said, Tenchi would probably would be to emotionally damaged from losing one of them ( I don’t think it would matter who as I think either one of them is close to him that it would cause serious impact) and I think he really would never choose then and everyone would just break apart. If they didn’t die but say suddenly one of them had to leave for reasons I still think the result wouldn’t be quite as intense but still the same.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: What if the Tenchi gang were able to meet up with past versions of themselves?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: What does the gang do, when they have nothing to do?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hypothetical: What does the gang do, when they have nothing to do?

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql6DrygFg20&feature=youtu.be[/BBvideo]

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: What jobs would the gang be able to hold the longest?
      Mihoshi: Kindergarten teacher

Kiyone: Judo instructor

Washu: Female Evil Bond Villain

Sasami: Babysitter

Aeka: Model

Ryoko: Beer taster…I think Norm tried that once on Cheers.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hypothetical: What jobs would the gang be able to hold the longest?

Sasami: Master Chef

Ryoko: Masked Wrestler

Ayeka: Etiquette instructor (not sure if that’s real, should be in japan though)

Kiyone: Stress Management

Washu: Nurse (the fun kind)

Mihoshi: Child proof tester

No…Mad Scientist for Washu…if she were a nurse…well y’know there is that image of her in a

nurse’s outfit ‘torturing’ Tenchi…

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

No…Mad Scientist for Washu…if she were a nurse…well y’know there is that image of her in anurse’s outfit ‘torturing’ Tenchi…

But she would be great for the job, even more patients she can examine:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/194/d/b/Nurse_Washu_by_Ryo_ohki24.jpg" />

Methinks it would turn into a Meme!
      Naughty nurse Washuu!
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Naughty nurse Washuu!

With a face like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/02/6d/fd/026dfd0739f92b507be967c056216023.jpg" />

yup.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hypothetical: There is a group or civilization that could match off against the Juraian Royal Trees on terms of power.
      Yeah that be the Abh or if you wish the Borg.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I don’t know what the Borg is. The Abh usually overpower their opponents with numbers

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Ukinojo92 wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

I don’t know what the Borg is.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/kela_012/Revoked.jpg" />

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I’ve only seen a few eps of the first Stark Trek, Spock.
      You need to watch Best Of Both Worlds two parter along with I,Borg from Star Trek: The Next Generation along with half a dozen Voyager episodes including Scorpion also

one of the best ever Enterprise episodes: Regenration and do some quick catchup.

The Borg would,to say the least assimilate the entire Juraian royal line.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I was thinking along the lines of a race that built and advanced their technology, and created a power source that could match the royal trees.
      So looks like we be back to the Abh then?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

So looks like we be back to the Abh then?

I don’t know. I never seen one their ships being able to blow up parts of planets or create indestructible shields.

They’re very reputation is enough, as seen in episode 1 of Crest of the Stars when Jinto’s father

surrenders Martine without a shot being fired. And any way I really wouldn’t be the one to get on

Admiral Spoor’s bad side. soawesome1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

They’re very reputation is enough, as seen in episode 1 of Crest of the Stars when Jinto’s father surrenders Martine without a shot being fired.

That was thinking that Martine wouldn’t be able to fight off the Abh with their current technology and just wanting everyone to live, I think. Jurai Technology would actually give the Abh a real fight.

Viewing 111 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.