Katsucon

Forums Fan Stuff Convention Stuff Katsucon

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Day One, Part One

Present day, present time.

So I got down to Maryland last night and hung out in the hotel room, and wandering the lobby and getting pizza. We asked the delivery place to draw a pony and got this:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/th_2d2eaedc1f76ba4ad66cd8d83dfff402_zps0642816a.jpg" />

And then, it was Friday. Gotta get do– erm, wander the convention center, finding people I know or them finding me. This place is pretty. Pictures to come. Got my coffee and went…t the dealers room. My wallet is already hurting but I’m not ashamed.

So far:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/7d602baad6694fc93a2e2ffb3de5e5ea_zpsabd5fb9b.jpg" />

And I got the voice of GIR’s autograph (Rikki Simons).

Later, I will be getting Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman’s. And I’m going to the Funimation industry panel. And… Something with Greg/Chris Ayers… And other miscellaneous panels.

So far, I give Katsucon an 8/10. Fun :). A lot of sailor scouts, homestuck, ponies and doctor who. And Pokemon. Great location.

~Mitts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Part Two.

So I got in line early for the Steve Blum / Crispin Freeman autograph signing… Because otakon taught me to do so. A friend and I waited maybe for two and a half hours, and became good friends in that time. Finally it was 4:30, and we waited for the VIP crowd to get their stuff signed and photos… Ad all six of us got autographs and a group photo with both of them. Crispin had his hand on my shoulder XD. It was really epic and the staff loved us for getting the photo together. And it started a trend apparently.

We also went to the funimation panel together, which wasn’t as good as the otakon panel. Nothing mentioned about tenchi muyo, other than it apparently being popular with the younger generations. New stuff on the funi website, channel and their streaming thing. Hetalia, one piece, lain…

That’s really all for today.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Day two, part one… Will update more later.

Right now I’m in the War on Geminar screening… First few episodes in English. Sounding pretty good. Maybe 20 people in the room.

jgzinv
      If you get a chance to stop by the Funi booth, look for Sully their con manager… might bring up Tenchi forum and the crew from Ohayocon… She’s around 5.3 with black hair.
      Ballsmagee01
      I got that same Ryoko colectable!!!!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.