Kimagure Orange Road

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Kimagure Orange Road

• This topic is empty.
    Well, the news isn’t that new but since it’s not to be found here either.

The manga finally got an official translation is now available after 35 years

https://www.emanga.com/detail?itemid=1472

It’s old and lacks Akemi Takada’s touch but this is THE romance manga.

If you miss it you won’t get any Madoka love! Die of painful regret! *Whahaha*

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j8il4zHJ6I[/BBvideo]

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Replies
      Is that from the OVA or one of the movies?

Don’t piss Ayukawa Madoka off..she’s an expert at the art of using saxophone picks as deadly weapons..hence her

nickname ‘Madoka The Pick’.

Also R.I.P. Cheiko Honda the voice of Kasuga Kurumi.She certainly will be missed. :(

And please now that we have the manga out can we get the anime re-released?

Almael
      It’s from OVA ep.6. Here she stands in for Yukari

I originally wanted to use the famous red string episode where Yukari sang “Salvia no Hana” with Madoka playing the guitar…but that was deleted long ago in one of youtube’s frenzy deleting session.

Yeah, frankly the best animes don’t get released so easily probably due to competitive exclusion or whatever.

I’m still waiting for a complete english release of CF, now in its 36 year. Well, I got the french & german version.

Ironically, back then France was devoid of anime yet it was the only country that got KOR and CF licences for selling their VHS tapes.

In,I think,the second OP the gang forms a band to play the theme with Madoka on sax(natch),Kyosuke on drums

and the twins and Hikura on bass and accoustic guitar.Pretty cool opener.

I first learned about KOR at the first anime forum I ever joined:The Anime Cafe Forum,which is no longer

around.They were hardcore KOR fans and their mascot was Madoka.

I would love to get the entire series since my fansub only goes up to episode 43 or 45.

Almael
      Kyosuke sucks compared to Madoka and I don’t remember him playing any instrument. Well, it’s been quite a while so I might remember it wrong. Anyway, the OP is just promotion material.

Even if you weren’t introduced yet I listed KOR numerous times at AN, so you would have been converted sooner or later. I just didn’t push for your addiction like some other KOR fans.

As I mentioned at KOTS the original KOR manga is multilingual but I should also mention that the current official version appears to be the anniversary version from 95 with extra art pages! Back then they were released on brand new CDs.

I got everything about KOR, all of the 48ep. TV show on original tapes (HQ quality) as well as the electronic backups. They are old and quality is deteriorated. I got all the fan translations, too, if you want. It takes some time to look through the backups, though. I only did backup 0.1% of scriptclub from 2000 but that’s still a gig of text to go through not to mention other unrelated stuff. This includes up to ShinKOR 3, too, but ShinKOR might be somewhere else.

As I have said a lot before,if I hadn’t been such an idiot and ‘cleaned’ my discs the wrong way I wouldn’t be needing

to replace some of them like my Please Save My Earth! fansub.

I have to admit I started out as being a Hikaru x Kyosuke shipper,but the longer I have watched the more I have

switched to being a Madoka x Kyosuke shipper.

And Manimi was played by Tomizawa Michie way before she became better known for playing a certain

Senshi of Fire on Sailor Moon. soawesome1

Actually if there were a way of exchanging my current fansubs not only of KOR but also of PSME! and

PGSM for better copies that wouldn’t cost too much I’d take it.Or simply have them redone over.

I’m afraid unlike Giant Robo I simply can’t get official replacements.

picard1 picard1 picard1

Sorry for the length but the whole thing got me thinking of how my stupidity ruined or nearly ruined KOR

and my other fansubs.

Almael
      It appears the first KOR tape is damaged and I don’t dare touching the rest. The player isn’t reliable anymore. My first digital backup is crap in today’s standard but fear not I did put a lot of effort in a better one. badass1

I would like to say there’s no problem with PSME! and PGSM but most of those old stuff are in storage. No choice but to go with the alternatives. See PM.

Well, I need to replace my CF, Miyuki, MHY tapes even these days there’s a stark lack of some old classics.

One would hope that either Nozomi or Discotek would one day get on the ball and officially ether release or else

re-release them.

KOR is basically the second and third discs that need to be fixed,PGSM is that discs 1-3 are ok until

you get to near the end of the final episodes on all three.

Please Save My Earth! is really the big problem as after the first 8 minutes of episode 1 it’s all shot up.

Also on that one the menu doesn’t go to the Chapter.So basically KOR and PGSM just need a bit of

TLC while PSME! needs to be totally replaced.

The only good thing is that I have hopefully learned from my mistakes and haven’t done the same thing with my

newer DVDs.

Any ways,sorry for derailing the discussion like that.It’s just that I keep kicking my head every time I think how much I could still be enjoying my fansubs if I hadn’t been idiotic back then.

People say Kimagure Orange Road is overrated considering how old it is, but it’s still a classic. Is it one of the best animes ever made? Maybe.

Almael wrote:

It’s old and lacks Akemi Takada’s touch but this is THE romance manga.

The art style was awful the first year of its run (AoT/SnK anyone?), but the character appearances we all know and love were set by 1985. Interestingly so, Matsumoto changed Ayukawa’s appearance more resembling a character named “Hikaru” from a one-shot he did a year before KOR’s debut.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Any ways,sorry for derailing the discussion like that.It’s just that I keep kicking my head every time I think how much I could still be enjoying my fansubs if I hadn’t been idiotic back then.

I believe the twentieth anniversary DVDs from early 2007 were re-subbed.

Almael

SilverWhisper wrote:

People say Kimagure Orange Road is overrated considering how old it is, but it’s still a classic. Is it one of the best animes ever made? Maybe.

Surely, if you consider that romance anime until then was more like “Lady Oscar”; and the only other modern alternatives were Maison Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura and Adachi’s Touch and Miyuki. All later romance anime/manga use the same story events as in those or KOR. Large series like Ranma or Salad Days that have similar amount of (similar) stories came later, too.

I must have missed the entire 20th anniversary re-sub as I don’t even recall ever hearing about it.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.