korra

Forums Off Topic Other Anime korra

• This topic is empty.
    The legend of korra ended today. So what of your thoughts on the series finale? kiyonesmile1 mmmm1
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      First of all, yay for other Korra fans! iloveit1 *gives you a virtual high five*

As far as my feelings are about the finale…gosh, where do I even begin? That finale was an emotional roller coaster, both because of what the characters went through (I don’t want to give away spoilers, but there were some scenes that had me literally on the edge of my seat, holding my breath!), and because this finale represented the absolute end of Avatar. (the end of an era really.)

I think what I enjoyed the most, however, was how much the characters have grown throughout the series, especially Korra: She went from an impetuous teenager, lacking in patience and restraint (not unlike a certain space pirate we know mmhmm1 ), to a strong, compassionate woman who was able to bring her enemy down not by brute force, but through sympathy and understanding. I was disappointed that her connection to her past lives wasn’t reestablished, but I am hopeful that this is something that may be addressed in a comic book series.

As far as shipping goes, it goes without saying that I loved the Zhu li and Varrick bits. Although it did seem a little rushed, (marriage, really?) overall I thought it was sweet, and it was something that I had been hopeful of for a while. Unfortunately the ending was a little bittersweet for me: Although I would have preferred for Makorra to have been established as canon (Mako and Korra’s relationship will always hold a special place in my heart! dawohki1), I do like that the writers left it ambiguous enough that both relationships (Makorra and Korrasami) are possible. I also think it’s pretty cool and groundbreaking that Mike and Bryan decided to heavily imply a “more than friendship” relationship between Korra and Asami could be on the horizon (in a “kid’s show” no less!).

So overall, I really enjoyed the finale and I had a ton of fun watching it! Even though it will be sad to see the Avatarverse go, I look forward to what Mike and Bryan have in store for the future. mmhmm1

It’s sad to hear that not only Korra but the entire Avataruniverse is now seemingly finished as well.It was one of the best American cartoon franchises of recent decades,so I wonder if we will ever see anything like it again.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.