List of Tenchi video games

Forums Off Topic Video Games List of Tenchi video games

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Hi guys! I was hoping you could help me. I’m setting out to collect all the Tenchi games out there. Now, we all know about Tenchi Muyo! Game Hen, an RPG for the super famicom.

There’s also a visual novel game on the Sega Saturn and the PS1 called Tenchi Muyo! Toko Muyo set in a high school and there’s a game on the Saturn called Tenchi Muyou! Ryoukouki Gokuraku which is more of a visual/audio gallery of stuff from the series, plus a quiz mini game.

So far I’m just missing Toko Muyo on the Saturn but I was wondering, am I missing any? There isn’t exactly an easy to find list out there of Tenchi Games.

Game Hen is very fun with the English patch if you haven’t played it, by the way. It’s also pretty easy to play in Japanese after a few mins. I completed it for the first time before there was an English patch and had no probs.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      He might be busy, but JGZinv could help you out in finding the games. He is a finder and buyer, he might have one of the games or a list in his collection or selling threads.
      Lain
      Participant
      I am actually wondering if there are any games I don’t already know about, but that’s useful information too, thanks. I’ll check it out after work.
      ChaudSept
      About Game Hen, Here’s what I was talking about.

Also a brand new “game” that maybe worth mentioning… An harem game

New images and characters comes out regularly. If you’re into that.

Lain
      Participant
      I did vote yes on the second run, whether or not it’s too late I don’t know. There are also a few repro sites, we may even be able to get a smaller run together.

I am more looking to collect physical stuff for now, although I would love to play through the official stuff with a translation or translation guide one day. Or by learning Japanese if I ever get round to it, I’ve wanted to for over 10 years.

The harem game… eh, not my thing, but I might archive it for completion sake. It’s Tenchi at the end of the day.

jgzinv
      Gokuraku 2 has a zelda style tenchi game with it, unknown length. Was working on it as I went which is a truly scary amount of work.

It’d be hard to say, I’ve “Seen” pretty much all the stuff out there as products, but not played hardly any of it.

Most of the CD’s have nothing to do with games, they are more data files or collections of pictures and lines arts and

midi file type things.

Azumanga Two collection has a fair amount of parody stuff, technically there is a bit of a game where there’s a slot machine

which with certain scores you get access to wallpapers and other rewards. Or you could just cheat and rip it off the disc *cough*.

Toonami actually put out one or two little flash mini games. Washu and Sasami I believe.

I know a dealer that goes around to various cons, saw that he had a bunch of the saturn and PS games when he was at OMGCon. Most of the rest of the stuff would have to be imported.

Lain
      Participant
      Is there an Azumanga One? I am also interested in that kinda stuff. Console releases, probably PC releases. Not soundtracks or anything, at least yet
      jgzinv
      Yeah but it’s not called Azumanga One. It went out of print and then they republished most of it under Azumanga Recycle, which I’m pretty sure is also now well out of print.

Azu Two came with a CD ROM full of stuff, one reason I won’t sell my copy. gendo1

If I recall most of the Saturn games can be played via emulator. The PC-FX one I think Nil tried to find an emulator for and

even I chipped in on that hunt, never found one that worked correctly.

Lain
      Participant
      I’m more collecting for now as from what I can gather from limited info it’s tough to use the others without knowing Japanese unless you like looking at galleries or putting in an answer sequence on an FAQ, isn’t it? Beside the SuFami one
      jgzinv
      Also fun factoid…. Dual had a “desktop accessory CD-ROM” produced for it, code IBBC-2.

Produced by Sony Media Entertainment in Japan.

It got the production run done, and went right into a landfill. Never saw release.

So if you ever find one of those (haha been looking for 10+ years myself) yeah might buy one.

Well translating Japanese isn’t a huge hurdle depending on what you have available. It’s just a ton of work,

and is a massive time sink. I don’t know if any of the hook programs work, but I doubt it due to emulation and

character sheets and sprites. The text isn’t outputted to the screen as text is what I’m getting at.

Lain
      Participant
      I’d love to see it. It’s a lot of work for someone though.
      Lain
      Participant
      Lol, so…

I was trying to navigate through the Japanese wikipedia and got to the Tenchi page, where they have a full list of the games:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fja.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F%25E9%25BB%2592%25E7%2594%25B0%25E5%2592%258C%25E4%25B9%259F&edit-text=&act=url

(Section 8.4)

Sooo, I tried searching “Tenchi Muyo! 魎皇 demon”. No useful results. Then I tried “Tenchi Muyo! 魎皇 demon PC-9801”. Still nothing. SO I tried “Tenchi Muyo PC-9801” and this came up…

http://tenchiforum.com/v3.0/gamesmenu.html

No idea why google had it hidden so deep, but you guys already did all the hard work for me!! Thank you. Now I have lots to hunt down.

If there are any others though let me know guys

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.