Mihoshi/Kiyone Spinoff?

• This topic is empty.
    When I was rewatching the Mihoshi special the other day, the idea occurred to me: what if Mihoshi and Kiyone had their own show? Seriously, the show could cover their adventures in the Galaxy Police, traveling through space, getting the criminals, you name it! Plus, we’d get to see more of the other people in the Galaxy Police, like the commander, Yukinojyo, etc. It could be really fun, almost like Dirty Pair. I’m not sure if the series would be episodic or have story arcs. I think both could work. What do you guys think? :)

bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_kiyonespritegif.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I think you’re in good company around here. :|
      Anonymous
      I think that’s a really cool idea! We kind of got a glimpse of that in Universe, and it is (or at least was) always a popular genre of anime (Not sure of the correct term but Dirty Pair and You’re Under Arrest come to mind immediately) It would be a fun romp through the galaxy :Tenchismile:
      The police genre pretty big in the 90s, and that’s definitely where the concept of the Galaxy Police came from. It could still work nowadays though, I think. :)
      Ballsmagee01
      Well id love to see it if they ever did one. Bet you it would be funny to watch 😆
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      If memory serves we once had a similar thread to this one before we made the switch to 3.0….

Anyway, this is a concept that I have always loved to speculate about! Kiyone is such a great character, but she suffers from MAJOR lack of backstory when compared to the rest of the cast. Just why exactly is she a galaxy police officer? Why is she stuck with Mihoshi? A series like this, while focusing mainly on world building/showing the rest of the galaxy in the Tenchiverse, could easily delve into such questions and really help us get a better feel of who Kiyone is as a person. Of course I’m saying all this as a HUGE Kiyone fan, but from a general fan perspective this idea also makes a lot of sense. TU only gave us a very brief look into its particular galaxy, but what we did see was a much more dynamic and spread out galaxy than the Jurai-centric universe of the OVA. This opens the doors for limitless settings and developments. While the general consensus seems to be that such a show should be a prequel to TU, I would actually be more interested to see it take place immediately following the conclusion of the show, mostly due to the great setup of galactic affairs that was shown briefly in the last episode.

Well, that’s my ramblings on the subject for the moment, but this is just such a ripe topic for discussion that I’m sure I’ll be back lol!

Considering both The Dirty Pair and You’re Under Arrest this would not be a bad idea.They can have their own cabbit mascot,maybe one of Ryo-ohki and Ken-ohki’s kittens or whatever the offspring of cabbits are called.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Or, they could have a red cat/cabbit and name it Yagami :) some of us here have desired a Miho Kiyo series for awhile. We just want to see more of them, Universe character development and crazy hijinks.

Make a series, with them during academy as roommates or not… Maybe they both are different, still finding themselves, and Mitsuki could be there causing drama. Maybe some Veronica Mars-esque adventures and story arcs…

isawitplz

susano
      I want to see a comparison between the Universe’s Galaxy Police and the Ryo-Ohki’s Galaxy Police. The Unvierse’s G.P. is not dominated by the Kuramitsu Family. We don’t know much about Mihoshi’s own family in the Universe’s series. Oddly, her family are likely a powerful family like they are in the TM: Ryo-Ohki OVA series.

:fight: :scared:

I have to admit when I first saw this thread I immediately began to think of something on the lines of

Laverne & Shirley,BEFORE the show jumped the shark and moved from Milwaukee to L.A. and Shirley

got married to that dip.

I mean in a way Mihoshi and Kiyone are like Tenchi version of L & S at times. 😆

Kiyone and Mihoshi as Magic Girls? :|

It astounds the mind.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

It astounds the mind.

Well… not really. 😉

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Id so watch this idea for Movie or new show :)
      Maybe they could do a cross over series where Mihokiyo get transferred to the same police jurisdiction as

the gals from You’re Under Arrest. soawesome1

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.