More Tenchi Cast Related Cameos

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads More Tenchi Cast Related Cameos

• This topic is empty.
    Title maybe a little misleading I couldn’t think of what to put it as.

I was thinking about how it would be if in the next series of Geminar if Tenchi and say Ryoko, Washu and the others made a bigger cameo than normal. Would do you think would happen?

I personally think that it would be nice to have a bigger cameo, though Geminar by itself without the tenchi cast cameos is still an amazing series. So I’m on the fence.

So would you all like to see more cameos and what do you think would happen?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I have always imagined that a sequel to Geminar would totally involve many more elements from Kenshi’s original universe. Whether this would involve him and the girls traveling to the main universe or Tenchi and co. crossing over to Geminar I don’t know, but it is definitely something I would like to see! I’d imagine that it would be a pretty crazy meeting, the brothers and their girls! Of course, I would mostly just like to see a massive battle with everybody versus some great dimension ripping villain!
      susano
      I will like to see Tenchi come to Geminar. Tenchi will likely be visiting his brother Kenshi. As usual, Tenchi finds himself helping Kenshi in a battle.

:Tenchismile:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      lol Tenchi coming to Geminar would be akin to your older brother in high school coming to help you out with a school-yard bully in kindergarten. He’d be a bit OP’d (Tenchi-kami after all) but a big family reunion would be awesome!

I respect Kajishima for limiting the cameos of the main Tenchi cast, but the fan boy in me is always itching for more.

I think any cameo should be done in the same way they did with the Dual special: i.e. as minimal as possible without overpowering the main characters or storyline.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I like how you say you’re “on the fence” Ninjaboy, because honestly I am too. While any occasion to see more of the Tenchi cast would, and should, be a fun experience to look forward to, in the back of my mind I dread any new content comprising the main cast, particularly Ryoko, because I’m a Tenchi dub fan, and the company now calling the shots concerning the Tenchi franchise over here has thus far demonstrated that they don’t really care about the series, let alone the integrity of the work, or for that matter have any respect for continuing all the previous hard-won efforts of their predecessors (Pioneer, in the context of Tenchi) or maintaining verisimilitude for the sake of their viewers.

So, I’m guessing (pessimistically) that if, say, there was a Tenchi crossover with Geminar (or any new work, such as OVA) rather than doing the right thing and recasting the proper actress for Ryoko–the equivalent of saying “gee, we really messed up guys, we admit it, hope you’ll forgive us”–they’ll maintain their own verisimilitude and stubbornly stick to their guns in their miscasting of one of the most memorable female leads in anime history.

Also, good point ML about keeping crossovers to a minimum, at least in the spinoff series themselves. If they’re truly going to stand on their own feet, and not just exist as Tenchi spinoffs, Kajishima has to distance them a certain degree (even if/when we want to see more).

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I completely second Who’s point as well as yours Ninjaboy. While I would LOVE to see cameos(as well as the original story come to an end and such) then again I am very skeptical and cautious in wishing for it. I have to problem with Subs but if there is dub I go to it first; Tenchi however is a show I can only watch dub because the old character voices are what stuck to me in the show. Petrea’s voice acting is one of the big reasons I got back into the show and finally got immersed into its story, its characters, and its plot.

I wouldn’t want an overpowering cameo especially, if it were War on Geminar regardless of voices, but like I have said. OVA 3 wouldn’t have hit AS hard if the original dub cast was completely there. Cameos I particularly would want old voices as a cameo is there to give older fans that “YES” feeling. Petrea Burchard is the one and only person for Ryoko. There are close calls dont get me wrong(Mona Marshall aside but no hate on her) but Petrea is the one who nailed the character as perfect as can be. I dont want a GXP cameo situation all over again.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      It would all depend on who was doing the dub as to wheter or not they would want any of the original VAs back as well as wheter or not the VAs themselves would want to reprise their roles.Though this is all after all

speculative at best.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.