NebrasKon 2011 = best weekend ever!

Forums Fan Stuff Convention Stuff NebrasKon 2011 = best weekend ever!

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Hey all, I just got back from the convention in Omaha, & since this is only my second con ever, I wanted to share some of my experiences if anyone would find them interesting.

If I had to choose some words to describe it (other than ‘awesome’ ‘fantastic’ etc) it’d probably be anime overload! There was something for everybody: vendors had just about everything an otaku could think of from dvds mangas & t-shirts to costumes, Japanese snacks & sodas, custom art & all sorts of other odd-&-ends (I don’t even wanna’ know exactly how much money I blew this weekend…yikes!).

There was a full schedule of sooo many ongoing events, that there was always something interesting to do, a panel to attend, a contest to enter/watch, I couldn’t possibly list them all here. & seeing all the different cosplayers & outfits was just awesome, & hilarious at times (who was arguably the favorite entry in the cosplay swimsuit contest? A chiseled black dude in only a towel carrying a stick of old spice, which was also his ‘costume’ for the whole convention…drove the ladies crazy).

My personal highlights were the amv contest as well as attending guest panels hosted by Chris Sabat, Tiffany Grant, Matt Greenfield, Keith Silverstein and Chris Cason (even got to meet & chat with several of them throughout the con). They all said they enjoyed the con, & most of them end up coming back (Tiffany’s been here 8 times) in the future. Made me glad & honestly a bit proud that there’s a legit anime hub here in my home state.

I haven’t been to any other cons, so I guess I don’t have a great perspective on recommending cons in general, but as for this one, it was absolutely fantastic & I fully intend on returning next year & every year after as long as I am able. If you’ve never been to one, unless you’re certain interacting with a bunch of other people with similar interests just isn’t your thing, I’d recommend trying one out at least some point in your life.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      Glad you had fun.

I must also compliment your choice of hooded sweatshirt.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

I must also compliment your choice of hooded sweatshirt.

Thank you good sir, I got alota positive remarks (Mr. Sabat included) :Happy/:

It’s funny cuz some people thought I was cosplaying, & I just saw it as wearing a cool shirt, didn’t wanna’ take away from all the effort that actual cosplayers put into their costumes (some younger kids actually took some pics with me, going “look! Boba Fett!” lol).

It was fun, I definitely see the allure behind cosplaying (you know that all too well I’m sure Stepdad)

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

It was fun, I definitely see the allure behind cosplaying (you know that all too well I’m sure Stepdad)

Sorry I can’t hear you over the insane amount of sexy http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/Krbyfan1/Youmacon%202010/SANY0961.jpg” class=”bbcode_url”>http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/Krbyfan1/Youmacon%202010/SANY0961.jpg

Anonymous
      I’m so jelly of you who, that sounds AMAZING…. love that second pic too xP! :rei:
      Jabberwocky
      Glad you had fun! Maybe one day I’ll brave a con.

And on an unrelated note, you have excellent hair ;)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Little Washu wrote:

Oh you and Yoko :Happy/: ; no Ryokos in sight?

Sadly, no Ryokos or any Tenchi cosplayers as far as I could see (sad isn’t it? the ‘Tenchi revival’ hasn’t seemed to reach NE just yet I guess) at least Yoko was there :Yaya:

This is the only Ryoko I saw…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.