New Macross Series Announced!

Forums Off Topic Other Anime New Macross Series Announced!

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Courtesy of ANN

Quote:

The Kanto-area rerun of the Macross Frontier television anime ended on Wednesday with a teaser that a new Macross television series is launching. The announcement provided no further details on the new project in the 32-year-old science-fiction franchise.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow! This is great news! I guess they decided to take a leaf out of a certain other genre defining classic sci-fi series’ playbook badass1 Anyway, I’m excited to see what direction this new series will take. Macross has certainly gone quite a few places in its long and storied existence. Personally, I would hope for a return to its roots as a space opera/war drama. Here’s hoping that the old girl can fly again!
      WisperG
      Awesome news! Too bad it’ll never see any official US release…

I generally don’t watch fansubs, but I may have to make an exception for this one. I’ve been considering doing the same for Frontier as well.

ookamilord
      Participant
      i dont care if its bad fansub or not i want to revisit this story. i heard a rumor once that they are remaking the original but that died out. but bring on more great music and the new vtf series i wonder who the bad guys will be. badass1 but i have one thing to say i hope the story aint weak like 7. oops i started a debate
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

WisperG wrote:

Awesome news! Too bad it’ll never see any official US release…

This.

Kinda wished they did a sequel to macross plus. Would love to see a continuation of that story somehow
      Crazed
      none
      The teaser

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znGRTcoyrfs[/BBvideo]

From ANN

Quote:

The video starts with the words “news flash” and then introduces each of the installments in the Macross franchise before announcing that a new Macross television anime series is launching. The video previously debuted at a Macross event, but did not include the announcement of a new TV anime series at the end.

ookamilord
      Participant
      nice trailer but there was nothing to go on waaaaaaaaaa
      More Minmei! soawesome1 😆

Seriously though aside from Macross Plus I’ve only seen Robotech so my expierence with the entire

Macross franchise is limited.It be nice if we could get the new series but has been said already highly

unlikely.

Seeing the Macross in shadowing at the end, I’m thinking it’s a reboot of the original series, maybe even an anime form of the “Macross: The First” manga, using up-to-date animation like in the Blu-Ray music videos.

If that were the case, then my response would be… “FINALLY!!!!” soawesome1 iloveit1 badass1

Simply because it’s about time the original got rebooted. I mean, look at Cyborg 009 (the 2002 anime series & the ReCyborg film)

Or the fact that EVA also has gotten a reboot with the movies now out.This should be a must if it were ever licensed in the U.S. considering how influential Robotech was in helping to spark the anime revolution in America.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Or the fact that EVA also has gotten a reboot with the movies now out.This should be a must if it were ever licensed in the U.S. considering how influential Robotech was in helping to spark the anime revolution in America.

Very true.

I didn’t even mention The Shadow Chronicles movie that came out a few years back which continued the

Robotech legacy as another possible reason for coming out with a new Macross series.I should’ve though.

Just shows how popular it continues to be even after over a quarter of a century.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I didn’t even mention The Shadow Chronicles movie that came out a few years back which continued the

Robotech legacy as another possible reason for coming out with a new Macross series.I should’ve though.

Just shows how popular it continues to be even after over a quarter of a century.

As I’ve might have mention, it was Robotech that got me hooked on anime in the first place, when I first saw it on Sci-Fi Channel’s old Cartoon Quest in the 90’s (in fact, I remember the first episode I saw, Ep. 11 First Contact). However, it was also through Robotech that I got into it’s original course material, Macross. Specifically, when I saw the OVA Macross II for the first time in early 2000, that cemented my love for the original source material (even though Macross II is consider non-canon). Before the VF-25’s of Macross Frontier, The VF-2SS of Macross II was always my heavy favorite valkyrie in the franchise.

Plus, over the years growing up, I’ve always built LEGO mocs up of veritechs and valkyries from the series, as evident by these pics here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=433816

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=433815

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=53947

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=13302

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62041

I currently have built a smaller version of the above ATAC-01-SCA SPARTAS/ Veritech Hovertank (that can fit in the palm of my hand), as well as a fully functional VF-1J based on Max VF-1’s moc-ups, however, I have yet to take any pictures of them yet. Just waiting for the right time. ^^;

But anyways, I’ll always be a Robotech fan, first, but I’m mostly neutral, as I enjoy both versions of the franchise. Either way, I’m looking forward to a new Macross series. I would love it if it were a reboot of the original series, or basing it on the Macross: The First manga. That would be awesome, reinventing the original series for a new generation. =3

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.