New Sailor Moon Anime

Forums Off Topic Other Anime New Sailor Moon Anime

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Big news, kind of..

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

This was just announced at the Sailor Moon 20th anniversary event, that in 2013 there will be a new series. Chuck, that means we’ll need to restart our marathons O.O..

Sailor Moon introduced me to anime, and it’s always been my favourite along with Tenchi so I’m excited.. and I hope the new series is awesome, and they get the original cast back. I knew the manga being re-released and being successful would up the possibility for more anime.. but, now we are getting one :D

At least Sailor Moon’s creator is doing something cool to celebrate her series’ 20th Anniversary, in a way that will make both Japanese and international fans happy :)

Comments? Thoughts? Muffins?

Can’t wait for 2013.

Viewing 142 reply threads
  • Replies
      Oooohhh!Great news!now as long as we can get the DVDs/BDs here in the States I would be ecstatic to add some more Sailor Moon to my Magic Girl and overall anime collection.It’s #11 on my favorite list and

#2 on my Magic Girl list(following Wedding Peach). :D

Really interesting news. Will be fun to see how it turns out :)
      Of course with the manga back out in print along with Sailor V prequel now’s the best chance of any to have

a new Sailor Moon anime.If only they’d also bring back Wedding Peach and give us a full 52 episode

uncut and unedited version of Tokyo Mew Mew as well(the cure for what 4Kids did to it).

^That’s assuming 4Kids Entertainment’s new bankruptcy bitch, “Kidsco,” sell the rights to “Mew Mew Power.”
      Mew Mew Power was like Cardcaptors in that it was totally re-edited to the extant it was a totally different series from the original.It only lasted for 25 or 24 episodes while the original lasted 52.One of the most stupid things that 4Kids did was edit the cross bar on Zakuro’s cross necklace and also the cross that formed the hilt of her whip.The explanation was that they got complaints from Conservative parents about it.

Back on topic:I wonder if the proposed new Sailor Moon will be a retelling of the original or be some sort of total alternate universe.I also wonder if they’ll do something similiar to the Dark Mercury arch from the

Live Version.I think since a lot of SM fans are older now that something like that might actually be attractive for them to do.Maybe not a Dark Mercury story arch per se but something like it.

Me,I want a Dark Moon arch! 😆

You know an arch where Usagi is totally Evil and totally Competent! 😆

Finished Tokyo Mew Mew today.I would put it up there with Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach as great

magical girl team fun.Now we can only hope that the new SM is just as much fun. :Tenchismile:

susano
      As a Sailor Moon fan, I am somewhat surprise about a new Sailor Moon anime series being made. Naoko Takeuchi is planning a new series based on the Sailor Moon Manga series. We can suspect that the new series will have a different storyline from the original series.

I know that it is up to Naoko Takeuchi to determine the characters for the new series. I do want to have some references of Sailor Neptune, Sailor Uranus, and Sailor Saturn in the series. The three Sailor Scouts don’t have to make appearances in the new series. In the original series, Sailor Neptune had awaken sometime before the second season.

Now I wish that I didn’t have to wait for 2013 for the new series to come out. Let’s hope that the new series be successful as the original series.

I wonder if the reason they decided to do a new series was to get around the whole rights issue.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      This is certainly exciting news! I remember bits and pieces of Sailor Moon from my childhood, but for the most part it was “the show that got away,” in that I was just too young at the time to really remember anything about it other than that it was good. Now, as I am watching the original Japanese version of SM, I am really appreciating the high quality and powerful influence that this show wielded. I eagerly await the release of the new series, and hope that it leads to a resurgence of interest here in the States, maybe even re-dubbings and releases of the uncut show!
      For now though we have the re-issue of the manga to read and enjoy. 😉

Start with the Code Name Sailor V prequel(only two volumes!).

btw:Hisakawa Aya,aka Ami/Sailor Mercury also is in Madlax as Lt.Rimelda Jorg. :D

One character I would love see included in the new Sailor Moon anime would be the obsessed Sailor V

fangirl of a female Police Inspector General,along with Minako’s friend Hikaru. :washu:

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Its a trap.
      :scared: wthamiseeingplz

Quick find Dark Mercury!I think we found some place she can vend her Dark Impulses.

I’m glad that:

1.THAT was never foisted on the American viewing public and

2.I got the first 20 episodes of the JAPANESE live action version,you need an entire marathon of

the anime and the Japanese live action series to get THAT out of your mind!

Oh..and seriously…they copied the animated portion from She-Ra?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I’m glad that:

1.THAT was never foisted on the American viewing public

Indeed, thank God for that ML!

mitsuki lover wrote:

Oh..and seriously…they copied the animated portion from She-Ra?

Lol yes I thought that looked familiar.

Well after that I had to go and lurk around the Sailor Moon Forum just to get the image out of my moon.
      I see the re-issue of the manga is advertised at the back of Tokyo Mew Mew Omnibus vol.3. 🙂

That reminds me I want to see an anime movie crossover between Sailor Moon,Wedding Peach and

Tokyo Mew Mew! 😆 😎

For what it’s worth my list of favorite Senshis:

1.Ami/Sailor Mercury

2.Rei/Sailor Mars

3.Minako/Sailor Venus

4.Mokoto/Sailor Jupiter

5.Usagi/Sailor Moon

6.Michiru/Sailor Jupiter(I think we share the same birth week.) 🙂

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

1.Ami/Sailor Mercury

Ami-chan! iheartitplz (sorry, that was obligatory. Mittens knows…)

As for me, my list would have to be:

1. Ami/Mercury…..Ami-chan! ilavplz (sorry again…)

2. Setsuna/Pluto

3. TIE Haruka/Uranus & Michiru/Neptune

4. Makoto/Jupiter

5. Rei/Mars

6. Minako/Venus

7. Usagi/Moon

8. Hotaru/Saturn

9. Chibi-moon

My favorite character BY FAR, however, is Mamoru Chiba a.k.a. the fabulous Tukedo Mask!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      My favourite senshi? :)

1. Minako-chan

2. Ami-chan

3. Rei-chan

4. Usagi-chan

5. Haruka-chan/Michiru-chan

6. Pluto/Hotaru

7. Mako-Chan

8. Chibiusa

Favourite villain? Sailor Galaxia.

Honorable mentions: LUNA :) I love Luna. She’s adorable… Also Andrew/Motoki. Pegasus. Lead Crow.

When and how did you first get introduced to Sailor Moon? Was it your first anime?

Me, 1998, Cartoon Network/KidsWB and yes it was.

I could have gotten Stars fansubbed from the same person I got KOR,but I was too stupid not too! 🙄

No,it wasn’t my first anime.I don’t know what that would be now.If I could ever recall watching Astro Boy in the 1960s or Speed Racer it would help,but the one I remember watching was Digimon in the 1990s.

(I saw a some of the Adventures episodes back then,though it was Silent Mobius that got me hooked on

anime.) 😎

I was reading the director’s comments to episode 6 of Revolutionary Girl Utena after watching it yesterday,and he mentioned that he had used a similiar concept of a trio of girls in Sailor Moon S that he

decided to use in Utena(the Mickey Fan Club or Namimi Groupies or whatever they are).

Thorn

Mittens wrote:

Big news, kind of..

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

This was just announced at the Sailor Moon 20th anniversary event, that in 2013 there will be a new series. Chuck, that means we’ll need to restart our marathons O.O..

Sailor Moon introduced me to anime, and it’s always been my favourite along with Tenchi so I’m excited.. and I hope the new series is awesome, and they get the original cast back. I knew the manga being re-released and being successful would up the possibility for more anime.. but, now we are getting one :D

At least Sailor Moon’s creator is doing something cool to celebrate her series’ 20th Anniversary, in a way that will make both Japanese and international fans happy :)

Comments? Thoughts? Muffins?

Can’t wait for 2013.

I can’t believe I missed this! That’s awesome! I was just thinking earlier that it’s been over ten years since the series aired and I still remember the entire theme song! :D That’s something to look out for. :washu:

I wonder how many women who were little girls watching Sailor Moon back in the ’90s are now going to

try and get their own daughters to watch the new series with them when it comes out.

I also hope that they can keep the original voices for at least the Japanese version.I mean it would be hard to imagine someone other than Hisakawa Aya as Mercury.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Yeah I hope that they get as many of the voices back as possible. Of course I still have to finish watching Super S and Stars, but I am still really excited to see how this turns out, especially after seeing how AMAZING the new Yamato show is turning out! So have there been any updates on this?
      Don’t know.It might all depend on TOEI.

Just in case they can’t get the original Japanese vocal cast some alternatives that I’ve thought of would be:

Hikami Kyoko as Usagi/Sailor Moon

Yukana as Ami/Sailor Mercury

Imai Yuka as Rei/Sailor Mars

Miyamura Yuuku as Mokoto/Sailor Jupiter

Yokoyama Chisa as Minako/Sailor Venus

Doi Mika as Queen Beryle

Horie Yui as Naru

As you can see this is basically FURIL who played the Love Angels on Wedding Peach along with our beloved Sasami playing the Sailor Senshis.

plus Reindevila playing Queen Beryle and then we get Naru from Love Hina playing Naru from Sailor Moon! 😆 😎

Just as thought.

Jabberwocky
      Super excited for this. Technically it was Pokemon that introduced me to anime, but Sailor Moon was what got me hooked.
      I looked up the Sailor Moon wiki yesterday and there wasn’t much on the new series.So far the only things that are definite is that Mitsiushi(sp?)Kotono is likely returning to voice Usagi/Moon along with the seiyuu

who voiced Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen.The other thing is that this is to be a REBUILD and not a follow up

to Stars.

Hoping it follows more the manga and also includes some of the more popular concepts from both the original

anime and PGSM(for example the Dark Mercury arch which seems to have been rather popular).

Though if there is a Senshi that turns Evil I want it to be Moon and not my Mercury! 😆

Just like I would love to see a Dark Mihoshi arch in any REBUILD of Tenchi! 😆

Seriously though it’s supposed to come out next year some time so who knows what might happen?

Thorn

Jabberwocky wrote:

Super excited for this. Technically it was Pokemon that introduced me to anime, but Sailor Moon was what got me hooked.

I didn’t really start watching Pokemon until my teen years. Technically speaking, my introduction to anime was Speed Racer in the early ’90s, but Sailor Moon and DBZ were the first two shows that I actually associated with anime. For me, much of the late 90’s/very early 00’s Toonam lineup was one big lesson in anime.

2013 looks like such a long way to wait.Still with the manga having been re-issued already it will be worth the wait.
      I finally get around to reading vol.1 of the manga this coming Sunday.
      This was a very fun manga and continues a lot of the action and craziness in Code Name Sailor V.The fact is you really need to start with Code Name Sailor V to appreciate the Sailor Moon manga.

Some interesting points:

1.Rei is not only the Guardian Sailor of Mars,her astrological sign is also ARIES!

(Michiru is the only other Sailor Senshi I can think of where her Guardian Planet,Neptune,aligns

perfectly with her western astrological sign,Pisces.)

2.Rei’s two pet ravens are named for the twin moons of Mars.

3.The other girls in Usagi’s class think Ami is cold and aloof because she studies so much
      it takes Luna to discover that she isn’t.
      4.Minako isn’t in the storyit’s mentioned that Sailor V probably is working for the police and has

disappeared at the end
      5.Ami admits:”Studying is the only think I’m good at.”

6.The manager at the game center finally gets a name:Furuhama.

7.Mokoto is reprimanded for wearing the wrong school uniformthe ones avaible don’t fit her
      8.Finally in a piece of irony,Usagi’s mom wishes her daughter were more like Sailor V(yeah like I said

READ THE CODE NAME SAILOR V manga first and then you see just how ironically funny that comment is! 😆

I always kick myself that I never got any more Sailor Moon dvds other than SuperS volume 6 before

Toei decided to pull the entire series.That and I could have gotten the fansub of Stars when I had the chance.This is why 1)I bought all I could of Wedding Peach when I got the chance, 2)got the fansub

of the first 20 episodes of PGSM when I had the chance and 3)bought Code Name Sailor V and started with the manga for Sailor Moon.BTW:From the same place I got the PGSM fansub I also got vol.2 and 3 of the

SuperS manga(Mixx edition),the second volume has the Ami’s First Love Special. 😎 :D

trivia note:Back of Volume 2 of the Silent Mobius manga has a creators interview,in it it’s disclosed that

Naoko-sensei is a big fan of the Silent Mobius character Nami,which is why she decided that Rei would be

a miko priestess.Which make me wonder which AMP agents the Inner Senshis are most like,so here goes:

1.Usagi=Katsumi

2.Ami=Yuki

3.Rei=Nami

4.Mokoto=Kiddy

*BUMP*

I know this thread is pretty much zombiefied by now but just want to point out as we wait for the new

Sailor Moon anime to get out that you can save your money on the manga by buying or ordering the

manga boxsets.The first one is avaible now.Just set my order to Rightstuf yesterday. :D

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Not really new information, but I thought you guys might want to hear the band that will be performing the new series’ theme song. I do NOT know if this is the actual new song (I suspect not).

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCNaeKVOCo[/BBvideo]

Does anyone know the exact date it’s coming out?

I got confirmation that my copy of Sailor Moon Manga Boxset #1 should be on the way from Rightstuf.

Tell you when it gets here.This is up to volume #6.I don’t think the second boxset will be avaible until the time the new anime comes out or so.

btw:I finally got around to the Sailor Moon Forum after not having lurked about there for awhile and see

that the Usagi Bot is finally back!!!! :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

The manga boxset #1 came on Monday.It has a very nice picture of Mamoru and Usagi on the front and images of the rest of the Senshis on the top and back.The set includes #1-#6 and begins with Usagi becoming Sailor Moon and ends with the intro of Setsuna/Sailor Pluto.(Actually it just ends with the

intro of Setsuna she isn’t revealed as Sailor Pluto yet.)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Lol, Sailor Meme?
      jgzinv
      I’m thinking ‘Meme Scouts’
      That was just…ah…my brain refuses to go there…

And Sailor Jupiter in the picture looks like she’s really miffed.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Does anyone know the exact date it’s coming out?

“This winter” is as close as you get for now.

Quote:

The female idol group Momoiro Clover Z announced during the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Event 2 on Sunday that the new Sailor Moon anime will stream worldwide simultaneously this winter. In addition, Momoiro Clover Z will sing the new opening and ending theme songs for the new Sailor Moon anime.

Kinda vague there.So it could be anywhere from November to February.So looks like any Sailor Moon I can get for now will have to be the manga boxset #2 in October.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Kinda vague there.So it could be anywhere from November to February.

The “Winter” TV season starts in January. 😉

Ah…so we have at least 5 or 6 months of waiting still….guess have to be satisfied with getting the second

manga boxset in October then for now.

*BUMP*

This is probably old news by now but a Japanese fan came up with their own version of the Sailor Senshis

grown up with their daughters as the new Inners.I disagree with Ami marrying at 22 and owning a cram school since her whole thing was being a doctor like her mother.I think she probably would become a doctor with her high IQ and then wouldn’t have married until her late 30s or early 40s.Just my take.

I also highly disagree with Tv Tropes referring to her as Phlegmatic,if anything she’s more of a MelPhleg

(Melancholic Phlegmatic)but again just my take.

In any case I really wish they hurry up and get on with it so that we can finally get around to seeing the

new series.I just want to add the DVD to my collection before Michiru and Hikaru celebrate their silver

wedding anniversary! 😆

(Yeah,I can see them going to Hawaii and getting married there…though would Japan recognize it as legal?)

WisperG
      ^ Was that like a fan-fiction or something?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I believe ML is referring to the redesigns made by a fan, and found in THIS link.
      Precisely chuck.Actually those are supposed to be the daughters of the original inners.Though since

Chibiusa is the future daugther of Usagi and Mamoru I can’t understand why they would need another to take

Usagi’s place as Sailor Moon because isn’t that what Chibiusa is supposed to do?

I know when I posted I should have said Usagi and Mamoru’s silver anniversary,but some how the first couple that jumped to mind was Hikaru and Michiru. 😆

WisperG
      Ah, I’ve actually seen that io9 article before, but I didn’t realize those were supposed to be their children. I thought it was just showing off teen/adult versions of the Sailor Scouts.
      No,it’s the daugthers with their mothers,the original Inners.The exception being Minako.She doesn’t seem to have married according to that.Which is odd since she was the original Senshi Scout as Sailor V.

And you know you’re an anime fan when you read that the current typhoon in East Asia is called Usagi and wonder if the next one will be called either Ami,Minako,Makoto or Rei! 😆

Anonymous
      Just figured I would post this in case anyone doesn’t follow AX or Crunchyroll

“Sailor Moon” English Dub Cast Reunited for Anime Expo 2014

WisperG
      The new Sailor Moon premieres in JULY!

EDIT:

It’s also been confirmed by producer Atsutoshi Umezawa that this will be a DBZKai/FMA:Brotherhood-esque reboot that closely follows the original manga.

What The Heck? Hum…July isn’t exactly Winter the last time I checked unless you happen to be

living in the Southern Hemisphere. Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1

So now we wait until Summer?

By the time we finally get it the original VAs for the North American dub will be collecting Social Security

if this keeps up.

Whilst lurking at the Animenation forums I read a couple of comments on the subject that I totally have to

agree with at this point:” I’ll believe it when I see it.”

I wonder what the explanation is for it taking so long.

Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

Whilst lurking at the Animenation forums I read a couple of comments on the subject that I totally have to

agree with at this point:” I’ll believe it when I see it.”

I wonder what the explanation is for it taking so long.

One thing I heard on the ANN forums that I semi agree with is the fact that Toei has to take time off of there main money makers to make this anime happen, in particular precure, which is the magical girl juggernaut right now (most of the precure staff is working on the new sailor moon), even as big as Sailor Moon is, money is probably the biggest issue and it’s probably been on the backburner because of it.

Well whatever the case may be or may not be,I think people are starting to get impatient with Toei.
      Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well whatever the case may be or may not be,I think people are starting to get impatient with Toei.

I think people are not expecting it to happen after like 3 -4 delays, lol

Also

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/CuuCEI2jCxA[/BBvideo]

SnowQueen
      I am SO pre-ordering this! I love the classic versions don’t get me wrong but DAMN I love what they did with them. >_< but I think this is all we are gonna get. I have little hope now for the series coming out at all. Kiyofacepalm1
      We still,at least have the manga.And I still plan on ordering the second manga boxset at the end of next month for my birthday in March.

Oh and I just read vol.2 of Mixx’ Sailor Moon SuperS manga.They were really incosistent with the Sailor Senshi’s name.I mean throughout it was Bunny,Amy(except for the title of Ami’s First Love mini-comic),

Lita,Raye,Rini,Darien and Mina for the Inners and Tuxedo Mask and Mini-Moon but then it’s Hikaru,Setsuna

and Michiru for the Outers.

Couldn’t they make up their minds? Kiyofacepalm1 picard1 gendo1 tuxedodouche

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      A bit late to the party, I know, but here are my thoughts.

Honestly, I’ve been yo-yo’ed about with this new series for going on two years now, and I’ve had just about enough. At this point I’m not even considering these announcements as legit until I see some actual production materials or significant promotion going on. I love Sailor Moon, and I will always hope for the day when/if this ever gets made, but I’m tired of being jerked around with it. One fickle franchise at a time, thank you very much!

It’s the point where I think we as fans might as well make our own since tptb certainly are taking their good time of it.At least we now have all of the manga,and I include the Code Name Sailor V prequel when I say that.

In the meantime in a week from this coming Wednesday I shall be starting the re-watch of PGSM.Maybe we could

hire Dark Mercury to go over and threaten Toei to get the move on with the new anime.

BTW:If you don’t have the Sailor Moon manga now is a good time to start as until President’s Day Rightstuf is having a special Valentine’s Day sale with certain items at a lower price.I just sent in my order for the second

manga boxset yesterday before it goes back up again.

And today I re-start episodes 1-20 of my PGSM fansub.Still kicking myself that I didn’t get the whole thing when I could.

Also still kicking myself that I only got one volume of SuperS and never got the fansub of Stars

when I had the chance. Kiyofacepalm1

If anything I learned my lesson not to take anything for granted when it comes to ordering or buying anime.So unless I can build my own TARDIS and go back in time,I think I shall have to be satisfied with what I have for now.

P.S.that all said the first two volumes of short stories is also out.

Well when I checked on Wednesday the second manga boxset was listed as “more coming” on Rightstuf’s internet

catalog so I e-mailed and told them I had sent in my order via snail mail and they told me as long as it was mailed before the sale ended it would still count.

Also until we do get the new anime it appears that the manga will be all the Sailor Moon we will be getting

for now.

Too bad that PGSM was never licensed.

Still have to wait on the second boxset as it still has the “More Arriving Soon” sign up.Unfortunately the sale is done and now back to the price of $49.46.Glad I got my order in when the sale was still on.I really need my Mercury Fix! :mrgreen:
      Update:Got news from Rightstuf that they’re working on getting more Sailor Moon Boxset part 2 so will be awhile yet.If it weren’t that buying the boxsets saves time and money I would have gone with the single volumes,though I really don’t have much room for single mangas.

I think the reason why Rightstuf ran out so quickly is twofold:

1.Sailor Moon remains one of the most popular series of all time animewise.

2.A lot of people probably were like me and waited for the price to go down.

finally after long waiting got the confirmation that my copy of Sailor Moon Manga Boxset part 2 is ready to be

shipped from Rightstuf. kiyonesmile1

Now if only Toei would stop dragging their feet as to when the new anime was going to be releashed.

They should at least give us some sort of bone to chew on whilst we await,for example an unedited and uncut

version of the original anime along with a new release of the movies and for pete’s sake how’s about releashing

the mini-movie Ami’s First Love for us Mercury fans!

The second boxset arrived yesterday and I immediately went and looked through vol.12 to see how it all ends.So sue me but I do happen to be one of those people who sometimes reads the last page of novels to see how it all ends up. 😆

Now if we can only get the anime…that be soawesome1

Am I the only one hoping if the new anime gets dubbed, it doesn’t get edited to hell like the old one was?
      I agree it be nice that it wouldn’t get hacked to pieces,though remember that Geneon did give us an unedited version

eventually.

I would think that once it’s released it would be in hybrid form,depending on who got the rights in North America for it.

Personally along with the new anime I would love to see them allow an official release of PGSM outside of

Japan as well.I really need to see the rest of it from Act 21 on,especially The Dark Mercury Arc . soawesome1

I think getting the manga is the best thing for anyone to do at this point in time,since not knowing when we will ever get the anime is still up in the air.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

What The Heck? Hum…July isn’t exactly Winter the last time I checked unless you happen to be

living in the Southern Hemisphere. So now we wait until Summer?

Yep.

Progress is being reported.

Quote:

The official website for the Sailor Moon 20th anniversary project will open its animation page on Friday with a countdown to releasing content. The countdown page, which depicts the words “eight days left…” with a waxing moon, is currently visible, but the countdown does not begin until tomorrow.

The new Sailor Moon anime will begin streaming worldwide on the Niconico service in July. Producer Atsutoshi Umezawa (Precure franchise) said that it “is not remaking the previous anime, but adapting the original manga and starting from scratch again.”

WisperG
      A key visual has been leaked from the official site, confirming the title as Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal.

Character design seems more in line with the manga than the previous anime, which isn’t too surprising since they’re re-adapting the manga from from the beginning.

iloveit1

http://i.imgur.com/rJ1oyHu.jpg" />

EDIT:

Ha, take that ANN! I beat their article by 34 minutes badass1

They did include a new synopsis though:

Quote:

Usagi Tsukino is a second-year middle school girl who is a little clumsy and a crybaby, but she is full of energy. One day, she meets Luna, a black cat with a crescent moon on her forehead, and she transforms into Sailor Moon, a sailor-uniformed pretty guardian of love and justice! As a chosen guardian of justice, Usagi seems to have a mission to find the Illusionary Silver Crystal with the other guardians and to protect the princess.

Meanwhile, the queen of the Dark Kingdom, Queen Beryl, also sends minions to the town where Usagi lives to obtain the Illusionary Silver Crystal, which has immense power. This causes strange events to unfold….

Can Sailor Moon really find the Illusionary Silver Crystal with the other Sailor guardians, and protect the princess…!?

I’m still hoping that there will be an eventual DVD release.I’ll gladly purchase the DVDs to go along with the manga.

This reminds me when the anime does come out I should have finished the manga,so if and when they come out with a DVD I’ll be ready.

On a side note me wants the Sailor Mercury plushie and perhaps the Sailor Mars one too! blush1

And good job of scooping ANN WhisperG… iloveit1

Does this mean,as I suppose,that the new anime will only be based on the first manga arch?

Or am I wrong in thinking about it that way?

And speaking of the manga:the Short Stories are also now out.wonder if they include Ami’s First Love.

WisperG

mitsuki lover wrote:

Does this mean,as I suppose,that the new anime will only be based on the first manga arch?

Or am I wrong in thinking about it that way?

I assume they’ll be adapting the whole thing from scratch, like FMA:Brotherhood.

I guess they could split it up into separate cours that each cover a different arc, but they haven’t said anything to suggest that.

julia

mitsuki lover wrote:

And speaking of the manga:the Short Stories are also now out.wonder if they include Ami’s First Love.

They did :>

Oh,good.I love that one for two reasons:

1.It’s really funny.

2.It stars Ami. kiyonesmile1

Mixx included some of the Short Stories in their edition of vol.2 of SuperS.You haven’t lived until you read the part where Minako asks Rei if she has ever farted when she meditates. 😆

The reason why I want to get the Short Stories is I want to get the Kodansha version.

I think I shall order the Short Stories from Rightstuf along with the Mercury plushie as it be cheaper.
      Well time for a major Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1

as I could’ve gotten the Short Stories today at B & N but totally didn’t notice them until I had already finished my shopping.So like I said I will order ’em from Rightstuf.

Kiyofacepalm1

And now both the Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mercury plushies are temporarily out of stock and have more arriving soon

tag up.

I guess I’ll just order the Short Stories for now as they seem to be still in stock.

And as far as the regular manga goes: finished the first boxset and starting on the second one next Sunday.

Now up to the Pharaoh 90 Arc with Hotaru.This seems to be a bit more horror whilst the Black Lady Arc had a bit more Sci Fi to it.

It’s interesting to note that Takeuchi-sensei studied chemistry before becoming a manga-ka which is why she uses a lot of science concepts in the manga.

Sent in my order for the Short Stories should be fun. mmmm1
      And now it should be coming sometime by next week,probably Monday at the earliest if everything goes well.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      No brakes on your hype train:

Quote:

The official website for the Sailor Moon manga/anime franchise’s 20th anniversary reported this month that there will be a special stage event at the Niconico Chōkaigi 3 convention on April 27 at 4:00 p.m. (3:00 a.m. ET). The website then reported that the event will unveil the cast for the new Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime, and all five main cast members from the stage musical will also appear.

The Niconico service will stream the event live.

Wow! Someone’s putting a lot of effort into this new version.Hope the hype is worth it and that the entire series and not just the first arc gets revived and rebooted.I still would also love to see a North American release of

PGSM on DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack.That would be extra cool…but not counting on any sort of PGSM

official release.Too bad it would be interesting way of celebrating the new series if that could’ve happened.Something extra special! iloveit1

Sailor Moon Short Stories came in yesterday so I have the complete manga from Codename Sailor V

volume 1 to Short Stories volume 2. iloveit1 soawesome1

The final story involves the girls’ daughters and is called Parallel Sailor Moon.It seems that Mamoru and

Usagi end up with another daughter besides Chibi-usa named Ko-usa and she’s just as ditzy as her mom! 😆

(can that be even possible?)

Interesting enough looks like the daughters are chips off the moms they even have the same names and personalities.

This is one story I am looking forward to reading when I get around to it.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-27/kotono-mitsuishi-leads-sailor-moon-crystal-cast

Major announcements, mainly about the Japanese cast of the Sailor Moon reboot… and yes it is a reboot.

Kotono Mitsuishi is back as Sailor Moon :)

“Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Kotono’s feelings on returning to the role she started 22 years ago: “I want to hurry up and meet moving Usagi again.” She thinks that there are some people who are worried about the new cast. This is because the fans loved the work, and they loved the characters. She added that she is the same way. She said that she will not put a lid on her feelings about the earlier anime and throw them away, but she will take them with her into the new work. She asks fans to cheer the staff on, and “miracle romance” with her.”

The rest are as follows, some new comers.

Hisako Kanemoto as Mercury.

http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/mercury_2.png" />

Rina Satou as Mars.

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/mars_2.png" />

Ami Koshimizu as Jupiter.

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/jupiter_1.png" />

Shizuka Itou as Venus.

http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/venus_1.png" />

Not bad designs :)

They chose Sailor Moon Crystal because Naoko Takeuchi liked it the most. The show will air starting July 5 every first and third Saturday and we can watch it (with paid subscription) on NicoNico.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Legs… mmmm1
      WisperG
      July 5th. Glad to see we finally have a date. But whats up with this “every other week” schedule?
      I thought they weren’t making the cast announcements until the big 20th anniversary celebration in Japan,or did that

already happen?

Now I know I’m gonna get it when it comes out on DVD/BD Combo pack. iloveit1

YES!!!! Squiddie as Mercury! iloveit1

Though to be honest I do agree with Mitsiuishi Kotono,I will miss the other original seiyuus for the Senshis.

Other than that:Mercury still rules! 😆

Though I also like Venus and Mars…yeah Mars got legs! soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Gotta say, I mostly like these new designs. They’re definitely going for a look that’s closer to Takeuchi’s original design, which isn’t a bad thing, since the show itself is going to more closely follow the manga. The design that I think looks the best is Sailor Jupiter’s. The others aren’t bad, it’s just hers seems to be the least stereotypically “cutesy.”

Kiyami wrote:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-27/kotono-mitsuishi-leads-sailor-moon-crystal-cast

Major announcements, mainly about the Japanese cast of the Sailor Moon reboot… and yes it is a reboot.

Kotono Mitsuishi is back as Sailor Moon :)

“Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Kotono’s feelings on returning to the role she started 22 years ago: “I want to hurry up and meet moving Usagi again.” She thinks that there are some people who are worried about the new cast. This is because the fans loved the work, and they loved the characters. She added that she is the same way. She said that she will not put a lid on her feelings about the earlier anime and throw them away, but she will take them with her into the new work. She asks fans to cheer the staff on, and “miracle romance” with her.”

The rest are as follows, some new comers.

Hisako Kanemoto as Mercury.

http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/mercury_2.png" />

Rina Satou as Mars.

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/mars_2.png" />

Ami Koshimizu as Jupiter.

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/jupiter_1.png" />

Shizuka Itou as Venus.

http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max700x700/cms/news/73983/venus_1.png" />

Not bad designs :)

They chose Sailor Moon Crystal because Naoko Takeuchi liked it the most. The show will air starting July 5 every first and third Saturday and we can watch it (with paid subscription) on NicoNico.

Just for the heck of it I found a Sailor Moon MBTI(Meyers Briggs Temperment Index)chart and from top to bottom:

Ami/Sailor Mercury:ISTJ:The Examiners

makes sense and fits Ami’s personality to a tee.

Rei/Sailor Mars:ENTJ:The Commanders

Not so sure about this one as I think she’s more of an ESTJ or XSTJ.Than my view is based more on the manga and

live action series than the anime.

Makoto/Sailor Jupiter:ESFJ:The Provider

again makes sense considering she wants to be a housewife and mother(implied)as well as own a bakery and florist shop when she grows up.

Minako/Sailor V/Sailor Venus:ESFP:The Performer

sounds perfect for someone who wants to be an Idol.

Though that doesn’t mean the personality types will be the same in the new anime,just an interesting way of spending time well waiting for the new Sailor Mercury 😆 err…Saillor Mars….er…

what’s her face…oh yeah!…Sailor Moon to arrive.

Now if they would only come out with a possible date for the inevitable DVD/BD combo pack.

fun fact 1.:Itou Shizuka also played Iori in I”s Pure; Amanda Werner in Blassreiter and

Lt.Alice Malvin in Pumpkin Scissors.I knew there was a reason her name was familiar when I saw the end credits yesterday to episode 1 of Pumpkin Scissors.

fun fact 2:Takeuchi-sensei is said to be a big fan of the character Nami from Silent Mobiuswhich is why

Rei is a miko priestess.Does this mean that Ami is really Lebia? 😆

Question for everyone,since it’s pretty inevitable that a DVD and BD release will follow the simulcast what extras

do you hope it’ll contain?

My list:

*Character gallery

*Character bios

*Cast interviews

*Bloopers

*Music Videos

*Reversible Cover

*Selected Episode Commentary

*Ami’s First Love movie

*The History of Sailor Moon

*Trailers

*Clips from the 20th Anniversary Party

I forgot to add whenever the DVD/BD comes out I hope that they also have a making of extra as well. Kiyofacepalm1

I think I’ll enjoy watching it now that I am at the close of reading the regular manga and know what to expect.

Though still kicking myself for not getting the fansubs of Stars when I could’ve since it would have made reading the entire Stars arc less traumatic knowing what to basically expect.

Nil Admirari
      none
      While not exactly the new series…

Quote:

North American anime distributor Viz Media announced after its Anime Central panel on Friday that it licensed the original Sailor Moon magical girl anime franchise. The streaming, digital, and home video licenses include all 200 episodes from the five television series, the three feature films, and the assorted tie-in specials. This will include the first North American release of the final television series, Sailor Moon Sailor Stars.

Viz is offering the franchise without edits in its original uncropped 4:3 aspect ratio, with the original Japanese names, story elements, and relationships. It is also producing an uncut English dub with a new voice cast.

Viz aims to release the franchise digitally with English subtitles starting this summer, followed by the English dub starting in late 2014. It also plans DVD and Blu-ray/DVD combo releases in half-season sets starting this fall.

The first four television anime episodes will stream with English subtitles on Viz Media’s NeonAlley.com service and the Hulu Plus service on Monday. Two more episodes will then debut every Monday (“Moon-day,” as Viz’s representatives deemed it).

Naoko Takeuchi launched the original magical girl team manga series in the shōjo monthly manga magazine Nakayoshi in 1992. It soon spawned anime, a live-action television project, musicals, and other adaptations, and it also sparked a worldwide boom. The 20th anniversary project began in 2012, and featured the first musical in eight years at the AiiA Theater Tokyo last September. Kodansha has been republishing the original manga in a complete edition since last November, and Kodansha USA Publishing’s Kodansha Comics imprint has been publishing the manga in North America.

The bolded sure is interesting.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Beat me to it, Nil but my sentiments remain…

Holy shit.

And thank you, jebus. That entire collection will be mineeee iloveit1

Nil Admirari
      none
      Comparison shots are up:

http://abload.de/img/01hca9x.png" />

http://abload.de/img/020fayw.png" />

http://abload.de/img/03p2lnt.png" />

Also, looks like they’re taking the dub fairly seriously.

@VIZMedia: #sailormoon deets: This Sailor Moon release will have a new English dub cast blessed by the creator herself.

Definitely wanna get Stars the movies and specials,dilemma then is do I get the original or wait for

Sailor Moon Crystal to come out on DVD/BD and get that or get both?Keeping in mind my limited space.

Or maybe just wait for SuperS to come out to complete that season?

This is one dilemma I love having. soawesome1

Stars is a definite since I still kick myself when I had the chance to get the fansub back in the day.

The movies and specials of course.

So aside from wheter or not to get either Crystal or the original the only question I have is which of the other seasons should I get?

Really between SuperS since I already have vol.6 of Geneon’s uncut version and so could finish it off by getting the rest of it and S because of it including the Outers and I do love me my Neptune and Pluto. soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1

Yes,I also likes me my Saturn and Uranus as well but Neptune and Pluto are my fave Outers just like Mercury

and Mars are my Inners(with Venus tied with Mars).

I just wish that PGSM could’ve been included as that would’ve made everything even more soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1 soawesome1

Especially when I think of being able to see all of the Dark Mercury Arc: mmmm1 mmmm1 mmmm1 mmmm1 mmmm1 mmmm1

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-24/crunchyroll-to-also-stream-sailor-moon-crystal/.74884

Media distribution service Crunchyroll announced at its Fanime panel on Saturday that it will stream the new Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime series as it runs in Japan. Its streaming will begin on Saturday, July 5 at 6:00 am PT.

I’m just getting up in the morning at that time.Though I perfer to wait for the DVDs to come out.

Oh and yeah the tees are out now. soawesome1

Though the only ones I’ve seen at Rightstuf that weren’t girls only were one featuring all the Inners and one

featuring Uranus,though all the tees had the More Arriving Soon legend.And I want so to get a

Mercury one to show my support to the Senshi of Wisdom and Water. soawesome1

I already got several Star Trek tees(including three or four Seven of Nine ones)so having one of my

11th favorite anime and 2nd favorite Magic Girl series is kinda my goal now.

Well I’m nearly ready for all the good times Sailor Moonwise to start.Got my manga,got my Venus and Mercury

pins and ordered my Jupiter plushie. soawesome1

Now only got three or four weeks left of PGSM to watch(only have up to Act 20).

Only thing I need now are some more DVDs and t shirt and a Mercury plushie. soawesome1

(Personally I think a t shirt featuring Mercury,Angel Lily from Wedding Peach,Mew Retasu from

Tokyo Mew Mew and Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth would be soawesome1 ) iloveit1

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Yeah,now I know I will get Crystal along with the movies specials and Starsbut the only questions as

to what else to get is:should I also get the original as well? And which one should I also get Sor SuperS?I haven’t even thought of getting R.In any case all that SMshould put a bit of dent into my

collection.Though I still wish that PGSM was part of the deal.

jgzinv
      For anyone else addicted to the blasted background music in the Viz announcement trailer…

ripped and edited out the transformation at the end so it’s just music.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20797133/Sailor_Moon_Trailer.ogg

A month still to go.Can’t wait for the announcement of when the DVDs will be coming out. kiyonesmile1
      “We do the dance of Joy now!” Balky on Perfect Strangers

My order for Madoka volume 1 and Sailor Jupiter plushie was just confirmed by Rightstuf. soawesome1

And just in time since the new Crystalseries premieres in two weeks. iloveit1

I still don’t know which season besides Stars and Crystal I’ll get when the DVDs come out.Though

leaning strongly toward either SuperS or S.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-30/sailor-moon-crystal-cast-adds-misa-watanabe-daisuke-kishio-kousuke-toriumi-more/.76135

There’s a familiar name in there :)

“The cast for the Shitennou (Four Heavenly Kings), Usagi’s family and friends, and other characters of the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime were announced at the advance screening for the first episode on Monday.

Misa Watanabe as Queen Beryl

Daisuke Kishio as Jadeite

Kousuke Toriumi as Nephrite

Masaya Matsukaze as Zoisite

Eiji Takemoto as Kunzite

Yuko Mizutani as Ikuko Tsukino

Seira Ryū as Shingō Tsukino

Satomi Satou as Naru Ōsaka

Akemi Kanda as Haruna Sakurada

Hiroshi Okamoto as Motoki Furuhata

Daiki Yamashita as Gurio Umino

Hyang-Ri Kim as Yumiko

Yukiko Morishita as Kuri “

Ah! So now we know where Usagi gets her ditziness from! 😆

Any word of when we can expect ViZ to bring out the DVDs?

SnowQueen
      Well just finished the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and I think it looks promising. I like the animation for the most part but when she transforms I just don’t like the way she looks but other than that I’m excited how everything is going play out (though I heard it’s only going to be 26 episodes so does that mean no outer senshi or mini moon??) Anyway…I’m also excited to hear the new voices as well! mmhmm1
      rtil
      only 26 eps is correct, but a 2nd season is pretty much a given. still, it will take us a year to get there since the episodes are released bi-weekly..

i enjoyed the episode quite a bit. the transformation in cgi looked unfinished, but everything else was great. it was a promising first episode overall.

Chibiusa doesn’t show up until either R or S (not sure which one). I’m looking forward for when

the DVDs come out.

Was it anything like the manga? Did she have the Sailor V mask on when she first transformed?

SnowQueen
      Chibiusa appears in Sailor Moon R I think. It just looks like they are only doing the first villain arc which is a little disappointed but hopefully they will continue it if it gets enough good ratings and views Tenchismile and I read somewhere that the DVDs are coming out in Oct. in Japan and I believe the start of next year it will be dubbed and some point. Don’t quote me on this because I’m not a 100% sure.

And it was a lot like the manga almost word from word. (read the manga a few days ago and then watched the episode) but she doesn’t have the mask sadly.

Ah!…too bad the mask thing was a in reference to Code Name:Sailor V which made it so cool.

I’m going to wait for my birthday to order the DVDs( I can wait).In the meantime I’m thinking of getting a t shirt

or perhaps a throw blanket.Though I think I’ve been overcompensating because last time I didn’t get so much

SM and this time I want to get as much as possible.

Though right now I’m concentrating on finishing with getting Madoka(the DVDs for the movies 1 and 2 are

finally out). soawesome1

susano
      Sailor Moon Crystal does carefully follow the manga. The total number of episodes in the series happens to 26. Some of the 26 episodes are going to be fillers. One of the episodes will focus on Princess Diamond. Princess Diamond had appearred in the first animne series.

Now after seeing the first episode, I am starting to become eager for the reboot of Sailor Moon R.

tuxedodouche

Good news for those of us waiting for the DVDs/Blurays to come out:November 11 is the day. kiyonesmile1

The DVD/Bluray combo is listed as $56.99 at Rightstuf whilst the DVD only version is listed as $30.99.

Also I09 reports that in Japan they have socks with the images of Moon and the 4 Inners on them,but you can

only get them through Japan Amazon.

unrelated:Cardcaptor Sakura comes out August 5 and the first movie August 26,so if you need to get

your ’90s Magic Girl needs taken care of before November…

rtil
      here’s an informative article about Sailor Moon Crystal from Japan Times

Quote:

The new series is being called “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal,” with the “crystal” being a recurring motif in the show that “symbolizes a magical return to one’s origins,” according to “Sailor Moon Crystal” producer Yu Kaminoki. “The aim of this new animation is a return to the origins of Sailor Moon — to the manga.”

The reboot will indeed follow the story and mood of Takeuchi’s manga, and include scenes that the author wasn’t able to use the first time around because of page limits and editing decisions, likely making “Crystal” the most authentic representation of the Sailor Moon story to date.

sounds like we’ll get to see some stuff Naoko has wanted to show us for over 2 decades!

Almael
      Well, Crystal is a major graphical improvement compared to the classic but it’s typical classic art(istry) don’t expect movie quality (except for flashbacks). Character art is closer to the manga and there are 3D CG for transformation & OP. Story wise it seems a bit more compact but can’t say for sure until I have seen the 3rd episode.
      Actually if you think of it now we have at least 5 different versions going:

1.The Manga

2.The Classic Anime

3.The Live Action Series

4.The Musicals

5.The New Series(depending on how much material from the manga is actually used)

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Good news for those of us waiting for the DVDs/Blurays to come out:November 11 is the day. kiyonesmile1

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS_uDeu_3SQ[/BBvideo]

Mee-Yow! mmmm1

Almael
      So far all the important story/character & relationship details are there. I haven’t done a close comparison so there might be things missing.

I’m not quite satisfied with the 3d CG, it’s just not dynamic as a drawn animation.

Episode 2 will be airing about 6:00 a.m. ET on Niconico. If you haven’t registered yet do it now.

Episode 1:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1404357686[/BBvideo]

SnowQueen
      I love how the same voice actors for Ichigo and Rukia (Bleach) are now Artemis and Luna! ( Love Johnny Yong Bosch and Michelle Ruff! ) iloveit1
      Michelle Ruff is one of my favorite American VAs along with Wendee Lee. soawesome1

If I were still into dubs that alone would be reason enough to get Crystal.

AFAIG:I’ve scheduled my own buying Sailor Moon for March 2015 or late February(depending on when

I order Cardcaptor Sakura) to hopefully coincide with my St.Patty’s day b’day.

The first three months of 2015 will be Magic Girl Time for me what with planning on ordering Princess Tutu

in January and the other two in February and March. iloveit1

btw:interesting side note on the original anime version of Sailor Moon,the same director also directed both

Princess Tutu and Kaleido Star.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      [BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/orhh6TZ6qCE[/BBvideo]

It’s impressive how many artists and animators contributed to this. It certainly makes for an interesting experience, that’s for sure! 😆

Some crazy person who really knows how to do animation(meaning not me ’cause I don’t)should come up with

Sailor Moon vs. Wedding Peach vs. Tokyo Mew Mews vs. Magic Knight Rayearthanime wherein Sailor Mercury,Angel Lily, Mew Retasu and Fuu have a Grand Fight to the Death!

ok….so it be basically the four of them sitting around and having tea…. 😆

I think I may have mentioned this idea before, but every time I think of Sailor Moon spoofs that’s the one idea that keeps popping into my mind. iloveit1

Almael
      niconico perma link Crystal ep.2

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1405566387

Did they introduce Mars in episode 3?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      That appears to be the plan in the upcoming episode 3.
      IIRC that’s the way they did it in PGSM and then episodes 4 and 5 were about Moon,Mercury and Mars

learning to trust each other and work as a team.Jupiter didn’t show up until episode 6.

Ever notice that the 3 Ms seem to always be introduced first in a row and then Jupiter?

The funniest part is in the manga Usagi’s father really wanted his daughter to be like Sailor V!

yeah and we all know what she’s like in reality! 😆

It just took time for everyone else to learn that Minako was an even worse slacker than Usagi.

SnowQueen
      Gotta say I was kinda disappointed with episode 2 but episode 3 won me back over. I was a little urked over the animation a bit (the kept messing Rei’s eyes up) but other than that I was pretty happy with the episode. I always thought Rei was pretty but damn she’s so beautiful! I was never really much of a Sailor Mars fan but this kinda changed my mind (for now) since she doesn’t seem so high and mighty. Sorry for the rant everybody. ^_^; I was just happy about the episode but I’m still waiting for my girl Venus!
      If it’s anything like the manga or PGSM you gonna have a long wait still since Jupiter comes next in order.

Unless they’re going to tease you with images of her when she’s still Sailor V.

SnowQueen
      Yeah probably going to have to wait a couple of months since the episodes come out bi-weekly but hopefully it will be worth it. :)
      This is one advatage of waiting for later and ordering the DVD or Bluray.You don’t have to wait so long.

OTOH:If you can’t wait and have the manga you can always skip to the appropiate chapter.

SnowQueen
      Yeah I’m glad I own some of the original to get my Sailor V fix. lol Out of curiosity who’s everyones favorite senshi? :)
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

Out of curiosity who’s everyones favorite senshi? :)

I love them all! When I was younger, I remember liking Sailor Jupiter the most, but when I got back into the show a few years ago Sailor Mercury took center stage. So, both maybe? 😆

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22200000/Sailor-Mercury-and-Sailor-Jupiter-sailor-mercury-22219992-1368-2031.jpg" />

I’m also quite a fan of Sailor Pluto. Who cares if Pluto isn’t a planet, neither is the Moon! 😆

http://s1.zerochan.net/600/08/04/30208.jpg" />

SnowQueen
      No one said you couldn’t have more then one favorite! :)

It’s pretty obvious from my last few replies that I’m a Sailor V girl but I also love Jupiter as well. They were both my childhood favorite and they still have a piece of my heart due to personal childhood memories of painting my nails sometimes green or orange (whoever I wanted) to be and pretended to be them when I was younger. ^_^ Good times.

As I’ve gotten older though I’m quite fond of Neptune and Pluto. They both ooze of feminine charm and both are so mature and beautiful. Something that I wish to be. (sorry getting all personal up in here) But really I just love them all! I see a little bit of myself in all of them and they were all a huge part of my childhood so it’s hard not to like any of them. I’m a moonie at heart and probably always will be. iloveit1

I’m a Mercury fanboy myself. soawesome1

Though over time I’ve also come to enjoy and like Mars,Venus and Jupiter as well.

Of the Outers:Neptune is my favorite(yeah for my fellow Pisces! mmhmm1 ) and then Pluto and Uranus and then

Saturn.

So I would say listing them would be:

Inners:

1.Mercury

2.(tie)Venus and Mars

3.Jupiter

4.Moon

Outers:

1.Neptune

2.(tie)Pluto and Uranus

3.Saturn

Can I trade in Chibiusa to Wedding Peach for the less annoying Potamos, three frozen yogurts on a stick

and a player to be named later? 😆

I think I misspelled her name it should be Potmas NOT POTAMOS!IIRC. Kiyofacepalm1

Any way the funny thing is Mitsuishi Kotono played her on Wedding Peach as well as Usagi on

Sailor Moon.

WP and Sailor Moon SuperS both came out in 1995 so she must have been a busy little beaver. iloveit1

Also they’re both total ditzes.The only difference being one starts off as a villianness.

SnowQueen
      I never knew that Potmas and Usagi and the same voice actress! (Only seen wedding peach in English) don’t cha know? XD

Anyway I’m soooo mad that we have to wait 3 weeks for Jupiter….ugh! This better be a amazing episode is all I can say…

Yep,they do and so does Excel from Excel Saga,which is why that episode where they parody different types of animation is so funny!

Yeah…I know what you mean…but if it’s like the manga or PGSM it will be worth it.

Viewing 142 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.