New Season or Reboot?

Forums Off Topic Other Anime New Season or Reboot?

• This topic is empty.
    This will be ya’lls (yes I am from the south) opinion for any anime shows you think should get another season or rebooted and the reasons why. Enjoy Tenchismile
Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Replies
      Lighthawk93
      For starters, what about rosario vampire, new season or reboot?
      Reboot Capu2 to be more like the manga.
      And as I said in the Rosario thread I wouldn’t mind a new season if it included more of the gang interacting with Tsukune’s friends and family and even having Kyoko transfer to Yokai Academy.

How about a reboot of Kimagure Orange Road? Or at least a revival?

SnowQueen
      I would like a new season of Rosario + Vampire (see rosario theard). I would REALLY want a new season of Accel World though super badly. >_< They left several things opened-ended and I really wanted to know. Since the visual novel and the anime or so different (plus it's all japanese) theres no way to find out what happens (if it does). T^T
      jgzinv
      I interrupt this train of thread to comment on Queen’s siggy.

Sky Raker / Fuko-san. iloveit1

Anonymous
      Record of Lodoss War: REBOOT – Lodoss could use a good reboot, considering how the name has been used for less than stellar things recently… I would do it in the same style as the Break/Broken Blade series, 6 or 7 movies as opposed to a series, high budget Lodoss yes please

Space Pirate Captain Harlock: REBOOT – In the same style as Yamato 2199

Battle Angel: BOTH – Really the fact that “Last Order” hasn’t been animated yet still surprises me

Vampire Hunter D: NEW SERIES – There is so much content from this series’ universe that again, I’m surprised more hasn’t been made

Appleseed: REBOOT – And I don’t mean another 3D CG thing either, I’d like to see them actually do what the first OVA did and have it actually be anime again, lol

Silent Mobius:a new movie to take place after episode 26 to act as a finale and epilog.
      Lighthawk93

mitsuki lover wrote:

Reboot Capu2 to be more like the manga.

Mainly tskune using his powers inherited from moka I pressume, that seems to be the one thing that fans want to see more than other things.

SnowQueen
      Just noticing Zinv comment now. blush1 But yay someone else likes Fuuko-san!

Anyway since I’m here…Yeah Capu2 the anime vs. the manga they were very opposite and it threw me off when I went to read the manga since I was thinking it was going to be like the anime. Boy I was wrong. lol

And also since I’m here would love to have another and longer Cutey Honey reboot.

Lighthawk93
      War on geminar defiantly needs a new season
      Gaff
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

Vampire Hunter D: NEW SERIES – There is so much content from this series’ universe that again, I’m surprised more hasn’t been made

Appleseed: REBOOT – And I don’t mean another 3D CG thing either, I’d like to see them actually do what the first OVA did and have it actually be anime again, lol

Yes and yes. As I remember, a tv series of VHD was announced a few years ago, but (disappointingly) hasn’t been heard of since.

It would also make my day if they could do for Appleseed what Production I.G. did for GitS with the Stand Alone Complex, but I fear it seems unlikely. Presumably those 3D Appleseed films made their money, given that we’re getting yet another one of the blasted things…

Given that cyberpunk seems to have become sort of cool again, I’d also like to see someone bring back Cyber City Oedo, but I doubt there’s much chance of that one.

I think a reboot of Dual might be popular among some members here.
      And speaking of mecha series, I was watching episode 5 of Rahxephon Monday and started to think how cool it be to have a rebuild for it similiar to the Eva ones. soawesome1
      Lighthawk93
      Is it just me or is GDP the only tenchi series that does not need a new season or reboot?
      Anonymous

Gaff wrote:

hat cyberpunk seems to have become sort of cool again, I’d also like to see someone bring back Cyber City Oedo, but I doubt there’s much chance of that one.

I would LOVE to see Cyber City get some love again, even if only to put it on Blu-ray (with the Rory McFarlene soundtrack of course), If Ninja Scroll can get a sequel, why not see Sengoku, Gogul and Benton still trying to work off their prison time with more adventures? lol

I would love to see a Reboot of the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross series, using some new elements from the Macross the First manga. Reason being simply to bring a new fresh perspective on the franchise, like they did with Cyborg 009 back in 2002.
      I’m probably the only one here who’d want a new season of Betterman just to see what happens to next to

Hinoki and Keita.

And I’d also love to see a revival of Wedding Peach just so I could get the DX OVA. soawesome1

That and the uncut release of Tokyo Mew Mew would be great.

Lighthawk93
      Sorry, I meant gxp
      I think we knew what you meant unless there’s an entirely unknown version of Tenchi set in the 1980s in the

former East Germany! Tenchismile 😆

Gaff
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

If Ninja Scroll can get a sequel, why not see Sengoku, Gogul and Benton still trying to work off their prison time with more adventures? lol

Yeah, considering that the original episodes were quite self-contained, it wouldn’t be that hard to do, if someone had the desire to do it. It saddens me that Kawajiri just doesn’t direct more things in general…

mitsuki lover wrote:

Tenchi set in the 1980s in the former East Germany! Tenchismile 😆

Would watch.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Tenchi set in the 1980s in the former East Germany! Tenchismile 😆

I am reminded of Top Secret! now. 😆

Lighthawk93
      Possible new series? Haha
      Top Secret?
      Lighthawk93
      Maybe an alternative title to the new tenchi in the works
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Top Secret?

Really? picard1 TT_TT

Nobuyuki wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Top Secret?

Really? picard1 TT_TT

Yeah, really.

Well I never heard of it before so give me a bit of slack there.
      Lighthawk93
      Who can really really tell what that man will do next
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well I never heard of it before so give me a bit of slack there.

That’s actually all the more reason to rag on you. ;)

woooo1

But to get back on topic:

How about a reboot of Serial Experiments Lain?

Lighthawk93
      Black lagoon needs a new season
      SnowQueen
      I really want a DNAngel reboot to be more like the manga. Tenchismile
      If Silent Mobius were more like the manga there would be more fanservice and humor.
      Lighthawk93
      Outlaw star could use either the reboot or new season
      Anonymous

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Trigun and Bebop got a movie, I think we need to go full circle and have the last of the Space Western 3 get it’s own movie, they could even base it on the novel.

Dagon123 wrote:

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Trigun and Bebop got a movie, I think we need to go full circle and have the last of the Space Western 3 get it’s own movie, they could even base it on the novel.

And while they’re at it have more of the Angel Links crew involved as well.

Now that sounds like a fun movie.Pass the popcorn! kiyonesmile1
      Lighthawk93
      I second on mitsuki’s statement
      Y’know they do leave the ending to Outlaw Star a bit open ended so they really could do a movie if they

wanted to.

Lighthawk93
      I know that there was a planned sequel, if you go to youtube and look up did you know anime they have an episode on it
      Are you certain it’s Outlaw Star and not simply Angel Links since they do share the same universe?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      It was Outlaw Star.

It was also a comi manga.

Lighthawk93
      If I had a computer to use I would post the link on here for you, but I only have a smartphone to use at the moment
      No hurry.

I’d like to see them do a Cowboy Bebop OVA to settle the whole is he dead or not debate about Spike.

You know after Dio survived his fall in Last Exileand showed up in Last Exile:Fam of the Silver Wing

anything is possible.

I think a CB OVA should start off with Faye and Jet finding Spike and taking him back to the Bebop.Than one of Spike’s many other enemies from his past finds out he might not be dead and they have to get the word out that he is at the same time tracking whoever is tracking them.

Of course the whole time the audience wouldn’t know wheter or not Spike was dead because of all the red herrings

that would show up,until the very end.

Lighthawk93
      Totally forgot about cowboy bebop for this, thank you for bringing it up
      You are welcomed Space Cowboy.
      In the interview at the end of volume 2 of the Silent Mobius manga there’s mention of work on a series

titled Silent Mobius Neos, would be interesting to see if it ever got off the ground and it be fun to see

if they ever animated it.

Lighthawk93
      I was going to mention highschool dxd should get a new season but one is already in the works
      Rozen Maiden also has a reboot called Rozen Maiden:Zuruckspulen that’s coming out this Fall or Winter on DVD.
      Lighthawk93
      Highschool of the dead needs a new season
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Needs more story first. ;)
      Don’t you mean less fanservice?
      Almael
      Revive it from the dead first! kiyonesmile1
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Don’t you mean less fanservice?

I don’t understand what you mean. tenchiahhhhhh

Lighthawk93

Nobuyuki wrote:

Needs more story first. ;)

All the more reason for a new season

Blood-C because of the way the movie ended and Saya disappearing really sets it up for a ‘to be continued‘. Also because vampires and cute girl vampire slayers pwn zombies any day! 😆
      Lighthawk93
      Gundum wing could do with a reboot
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Gundum wing could do with a reboot

*cough*Gundam 00*cough* :P

Well they should redo the second half of season 2 of Gundam OO as that had so many plot holes in it you

could’ve flown the Enterprise 1701-D through it.Especially more Marina!

Lighthawk93
      Hellsing needs more story to what we saw. Not talking about the ultimate version but the other one
      Well the main problem was that they ended the original anime before the manga was finished the same with

FMA.

Lighthawk93
      That explains a lot actually
      Yep.

This is why FMA:Brotherhood came about,it supposedly was based more on the manga,and the same is true

with Hellsing Ultimate.

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.