New Tenchi Fan here

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum New Tenchi Fan here

• This topic is empty.
    Hi! I’m PurpleWarrior13! Someone of you might know me from other websites (ANN, BehindTheVoiceActors, SailorMoonForum, and formerly the FUNiForums).

I’m new to the Tenchiverse. I watched the show a little bit when it was on Toonami, but not until recently did I begin watching it again. I’m the person in charge of the Tenchi franchise over at BehindTheVoiceActors (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/franchises/Tenchi-Muyo/), which is still currently a work in progress, and I’ve been watching the show as I go along.

I’ve currently watched:

All 13 OVA Episodes (14 if you count the Jirai short)

Mihoshi Special (my favorite so far)

Episode 1 of Pretty Sammy

Tenchi in Love Movie

I did watch a couple episodes of GXP on Toonami as well, but I’m not sure if they count. I’m about to start Universe, and then I might watch the rest of Pretty Sammy, the Daughter of Darkness movie, Tokyo, Forever, GXP, OVA 3, and War on Geminar. I’m trying to watch in production order, but I probably mixed it up a bit.

I’ve been enjoying the series a lot so far. It’s funny, it has it’s dramatic moments, and the music, writing, and voice work are all great.

I don’t really have a favorite character. They all sort of become a family after a while, and you become really attached to them. I do have a slight attractiveness toward Kiyone though, but that’s more personal preference. bth_kiyonespritegif. I do think Tenchi would end up with Ryoko in the end though (his relationship with Ayeka just seems too… “sweet” to me. Too good to be true).

Just pokin’ my head in here to discuss my latest obsession. :D

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      Ah in which case you’ll need to take a detour through Dual! and Photon before you miss them in your timeline. Welcome.
      Anonymous
      Welcome to the forum ^_^ Stay awhile and Enjoy the show! (If you’re a Kiyone fan then Universe is right up your alley)
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Hi! I’m PurpleWarrior13! Someone of you might know me from other websites (ANN, BehindTheVoiceActors, SailorMoonForum, and formerly the FUNiForums).

1. Awesome, another Sailor Moon fan! 2. I had no idea there was a forum for Sailor Moon!

Anyway, welcome to our forum! I’m always thrilled to see people experience Tenchi for the first time, and I hope you wont be disappointed! I too am partial to Kiyone Makibi, and I think you will greatly enjoy Tenchi Universe in no small measure because of her presence. Feel free to post wherever you see something interesting, or start a whole new thread if you have something awesome to share or wish to discuss! I hope to see you around the forum!

Ballsmagee01
      It’s greats have you on :sign: feel free to be at home here and watch your orgians/eyes! There is one person that likes them and I’m sure you’ll meet her soon. Anyway welcome to :sign:
      Kiyoka

JGZinv wrote:

Ah in which case you’ll need to take a detour through Dual! and Photon before you miss them in your timeline. Welcome.

*pushes JG to one side* Yes, go watch Tenchi universe and the movies! They’re great! Well, 1st is the best isawitplz

Welcome! I’m sure you’ll grow to like Kiyone more :Cheeks:

Thank you all for being so welcoming! I feel at home here already.

I’ll definitely keep tabs on me watching Tenchi, so I can share my thoughts, etc. I look forward to watching and discovering more of this awesome franchise!

:washu: :washu: :washu: bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

Welcome PurpleWarrior13.

Yes,as Zinv said don’t forget to take a look at Dual as well. 😎

Every now and then I lurk around the Sailor Moon Forum.I’ve been pondering joining it on and off since

Sailor Moon is my #2 favorite Magic Girl series after Wedding Peach.Big Sailor Mercury fan here.

Also ordered the manga boxset #1 from Rightstuf.

Anyways I digress since this is a Tenchi Forum. :sign:

Have you read any of the Tenchi manga?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Hey, that’s my line ML! 😆

Anyway, I’m glad that you are enjoying your time here, and yes there is so much Tenchi to get into that it can seem overwhelming, but the manga is well worth the read once you’ve finished watching all of the animated stuff!

We now return this thread to your normal welcoming programming. Have a nice day! :Cheeks:

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Welcome, welcome, welcome :D Have a muffin, enjoy the forum and enjoy your stay; we’re a nice bunch.

mitsuki lover wrote:

:washu: :washu: :washu: bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

Welcome PurpleWarrior13.

Yes,as Zinv said don’t forget to take a look at Dual as well. 😎

Every now and then I lurk around the Sailor Moon Forum.I’ve been pondering joining it on and off since

Sailor Moon is my #2 favorite Magic Girl series after Wedding Peach.Big Sailor Mercury fan here.

Also ordered the manga boxset #1 from Rightstuf.

Anyways I digress since this is a Tenchi Forum. :sign:

I am a fan of magical girl shows like Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew. My favorite character from SM is probably Rei/Sailor Mars, who does look quite a bit like Kiyone!

I unfortunately haven’t read any of the manga, but my school library has a couple Tenchi books. I might check them out soon! :D

Once again, thank you all for the awesome welcome!

You are very welcome. :D
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Sorry I’m so late to the welcoming party (after these two weeks with flu, I’m just thankful to be alive lol) but fortunately it looks like you’ve had a very warm welcome already.

Welcome! Glad to have you, very cool site fyi, (even cooler that you’re in charge of the Tenchi section!) thank you for making yourself known to more members of the fandom. Any questions, ask away.

Real quick fyi: dunno’ what all you’ve watched/haven’t as of this writing, but do watch OVA3* before GXP, Tokyo & Universe are stand-alone series, whenever, but the movies I’d recommend after Universe series: Tenchi in Love, Daughter of Darkness, Tenchi Forever in that order (Daughter of Darkness is technically not Universe canon, as the other two are, but for simplicity’s sake that’s my opinion on when to view it).

*if you’re a dub/Ryoko fan, I recommend watching ova3 subbed (save yourself some heartache)

Alright. Thanks for the tip! :)

I chose to watch things in production order to keep it simple without having to decide which “canon” to tackle next. I probably will end up watching OVA 3 before GXP, since I’m dying to find out how the original series ends. I watched Tenchi in Love, and wasn’t too confused, but I might watch it again after Universe (where I’ve watched episode 1 and loved it). I did watch a couple eps of GXP on Toonami, but stopped when the time slot got shifted to the graveyard. I might watch episode 17 when that comes on though, since Tenchi and the gang show up.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.