NFL 2015-16

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat NFL 2015-16

• This topic is empty.
    Finally the long wait is over and the new NFL football season has begun.

Time express your fandom.

Which is your favorite team(s)?

Who would you like in the Superbowl?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Replies
      Glad to have NFL back! I’m a Giants fan, but can’t see them making the playoffs this year. Looks pretty open overall, though I imagine the Patriots and Seahawks will be there or thereabouts again.
      The Giants did a respectively good job against the Cowboys yesterday night. OTOH it looks like

the Seahawks are damned if they do and damned if they don’t as they did try a running play against the Rams yesterday in OT but still lost when the defense was able to stuff it.

I’ve been a Vikings fan all my life,basically since I was a toddler.Though I also root for the Seahawks.

Though back in the day it was easier when one was in the AFC and the other in the NFC.

I would really love to see Minnesota finally win a Superbowl after all the ones they’ve lost.

Giants threw it away last night :(
      And the Vikings got some really bad breaks going their way on MNF. It seems like the home teams

won practically all the games the first week.

The Vikings are now 1-1 after beating the hapless Lions. Meanwhile the Seahawks are in suck mode as they lost again last Sunday and are 0-2.
      The Giants win a game! Unfortunately it was against hopeless Washington.
      And now the Vikings are 2-1 second in the NFC North only to that team across the border in Cheeseheadland. 😆 😆 😆

Both Detroit and Chicago are in real Suck Mode right now.

And speaking of da Bears…they made Seahawks fans happy by loosing 26-0 yesterday.Though

that isn’t saying much for either Seattle or the NFC West which has 3 teams all tied at 1-2.

Well the Seahawks eked out a win against the Lions on Monday night but it ended up being a bit

controversial because of a rule that was pretty obscure. So you can’t bat the ball when you’re in the endzone? I wonder how many people even are aware of the rule’s existance. In any case even the

Lion’s coach is now tired of all the discussion about it.

And now to celebrate 50 years of the Superbowl every high school that was attended by either a player or coach who ever appeared in a Superbowl is going to get a golden football in commeration.

The Spokesman Review has a headline on the Sport’s Page featuring Packer’s Great(and still unjustifiedly not in the Hall of Fame but ought to be) Jerry Kramer returning to his alma mater

in Sandpoint,Idaho with one.

What is it with the NFC West sucking so badly recently?

And what ever happened to Seattle’s defense? Did they decide to take a vacation?

I mean this is not the same defense that won one Superbowl and nearly won another. They simply don’t have any kill in them left.

Vikings vs. Seahawks. Sunday. 10 Pacific. Minnesota. Enough said.
      BLAH after two losses the Vikings are now second in the NFC North to the hated Pack.
      Both Vikings and Seahawks are now 9-5! Vikings though have to guarentee themselves a spot in the playoffs while the Seahawks are now in.
      Playoffs coming up!

If the Vikings beat the Pack they might get Seattle at home.

If the Pack wins the Vikings might play either Washington or Seattle or the Pack again (isn’t that against the Geneva Convention or something)?

Playoffs are here! My wild card weekend tips are Washington, Minnesota (might change my mind on this one), Kansas City and Pittsburgh.
      It be nice to see the Packers get bumped off in the first round. I live in Seahawk territory but am

a life long Viking fan so divided loyalties though I want to see the Vikings go all the way and win the

Superbowl(the dream of all Vikings fans for decades).

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      So, aside from watching guys slowly freeze to death, very little suspense this time around. Pitt/Cinci turned out to be the most exciting, though it certainly didn’t start that way.

Chalk?

Panthers/Seahawks

Cardinals/Packers

Patriots/Chiefs

Broncos/Steelers

Yeah…the Seahawks won on a fluke. For most of the game they stunk worse than Pepe Lepew in a

perfume shop.

They have to step up their game in Carolina on Sunday or prepare to sit out the rest of the playoffs at home.

My take:

Panthers over Seahawks

Cardinals over Packers

Patriots over Chiefs

Steelers over Broncos

NFC Championship:

Pantehrs over Cardinals

AFC Championship:

Steelers over Patriots

Unless I’m wrong. 😆

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Meh.

Quote:

HOUSTON — The Rams are moving back to Los Angeles — and might be doing so with company.

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders might end up staying where they are, but leadership of the teams didn’t come close to making that commitment Tuesday night. One of them could be headed to L.A. too.

Owner Stan Kroenke got his wish to take his franchise back to Los Angeles.

A long day of votes and re-votes ended with 30 of 32 NFL owners approving Kroenke’s ambitious plan to move his team from St. Louis to the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, California, about 10 miles from downtown L.A. The Chargers have a yearlong option to join the Rams, followed by the Raiders if the San Diego franchise declines.

Ever since the NBA owners voted the same way to move the Sonics to OKC I’ve been a bit suspicious

of such things. To put it another way I wonder how much lucre was needed to grease Goodell’s

hands.

I don’t feel too bad for St. Louis after all they were the ones who took the Rams away from

Los Angeles in the first place.

OTOH you have to feel a bit for the folks in San Diego who are about to loose their second major league team to LA. They must feel crappy about it now.

As far as the Raiders go: their fans in Oakland have been yanked around a lot from them moving back and forth.

San Antonio looks like it is getting into the Raiders Relocation Wars.

Also Johnny “Football” Manziel looks to be finally to have had his last days as Browns QB.

Then rumors are that RGIII is pretty much gone from the ‘Skins.

Too bad for RGIII as he didn’t quite live up to what expectations were, mostly because of injuries.

Manziel…he made himself into persona non grata by his party boy behavior. Everyone agrees

Cleveland will be better with out him.

Ok so the Steelers ruined my near perfect record. Though I did get the rest correct.

AFAIG:

NFC: Still picking the Panthers,as this seems to be their year. Although if they loose to the Cards I

will pick the Cards to win the Superbowl.

AFC: I think it’s really a pick ’em game. Both Brady and Manning are veteran QBs who can

do what’s needed. It’s gonna be a close one if it wins up to it’s reputation. I sense OT (maybe

double OT).

Superbowl: NFC wins. especially if it’s the Panthers.

I reckon it will be a Panthers-Patriots Super Bowl. Good vs evil battle!
      Panthers simply because of their record should win.
      Panthers vs. Bronocs or Peyton Manning’s Last Chance To Win The Big Dance.
      I’m shifting my opinion that this might be a cakewalk for the Panthers after reading up on how the

Broncos have basically re-worked their defense after being clobbered by the Seahawks in Superbowl

48. This might actually be the closest Superbowl in the last ten years. It might come down to the basic intangibles.

Overall go with the Panthers but at the same time don’t underestimate the Broncos and expect

an upset.

In fairness, most of the Super Bowls over the last ten years have been close, the Seahawks-Broncos one was the exception.
      Which is why the Broncos have changed their total philosophy to center it on the Defense.

In other news,and not a surprise but: the Browns are going to let the albatross around their

neck go finally. In other words that douchebag Johnny Football is being dropped from the team.

I keep thinking of the Chargers and Ryan Leaf. Another case where a team selected a promising

young quarterback who preferred partying to actually playing. Leaf unfortunately never learned his lesson, it is hoped that Johnny Manziel will learn his.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

Johnny Manziel

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJigvqx__jA[/BBvideo]

Well…umm….that one part where they show that one inkblot that looked like an octoupus reminded me a bit of Charlie’s Angels.

Anyhows: congrats to the Broncos for their win over the Panthers.

though there was a negative for the Broncos fans and team and a positive for the Panthers fans and team:

the negative for the Broncos and their fans was that while the defense played as expected, the offense still showed the inconsistency and ineptitude that lost them Superbowl 48. Fortunately

unlike the Seahawks the Panthers weren’t able to capitalize on turnovers too much.

the positive for the Panthers was despite loosing they were able to remain in it throughout most of the game and Cam Newton was able to keep it from being too much of a run away.

If they would’ve gotten one or two calls to go their way they might have pulled off a come from behind win.

And so football season is now behind us and we await the opening of Spring Training.

Former Chiefs, Vikings, Bears and now Panthers Jared Allen has announced his retirement. Nearly

literally riding into the sunset. Too bad he couldn’t have gone out with a ring…but oh well!

soon to be in HOF for sure.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.