No Need For a Song

Forums Fan Stuff AMVs No Need For a Song

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Well, I’ve been thinking about saving this for a date closer to the actual day of Tenchi’s 20th anniversary, but I can’t really contain my excitement anymore (and the 25th will be here before you know it).

First off: to any ‘ye olde forum’ members…does the name ‘boozinwalsh’ ring any bells?

Let me fill you in:

A long time ago, in a forum far, far away…

No, that sounds lame. Well, at any rate, since I can’t remember exactly when let’s just say well over a year ago a fellow Tenchifan with the moniker boozinwalsh was a casual passerby of our forum (though his fandom cannot be questioned by any means). As an up-and-coming musician, he was looking for some feedback on a particular song of his, which he felt would ‘strike a chord’ (pun…sorry I’ll stop) with Tenchi fans. Boy was he right!

http://orlnoise.bandcamp.com/track/no-need-for-a-song” class=”bbcode_url”>http://orlnoise.bandcamp.com/track/no-need-for-a-song

^Here’s the song

After listening to his song, I was so overcome with feelings of Tenchi-nostaliga that I begged him to let me create an accompanying amv for his song. He agreed, and just like that a collaboration of sorts between two people united solely by our fond memories of an anime series had begun.

Shamed to say, but on my end due to a desire to complete previously-requested projects and the business of everyday life, the project sat on the backburner for some time. Fortunately, the last several months or so I remembered the 20th anniversary was coming up, and I knew I had to finish it before then!

And so…

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6-fmT1jnA&feature=channel&list=UL[/BBvideo]

*let me know if it doesn’t work, youtube is undergoing maintenance as I link this

Finally, my vision was realized; boozinwalsh approved, and our collaboration (err, cooperation perhaps, after all he didn’t write this with me or anyone else’s video/editing in mind) was a success. I apologize for not being organized and keeping my amv under my aptly-named thread section, but I feel the real artist behind this work is boozinwalsh, and his work deserves to be recognized by the fans for whom he wrote this song. And I thought not only would this hopefully be interesting to any and all newer members, but also especially neat to any among us who would remember the beginning of this tale because they could finally see it come full circle.

Happy 20th Anniversary!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Replies
      Thorn
      ^ That entire sequence puts a huge grin on my face every time I watch it! awesomenessplz
      WisperG
      Oh man, that was fantastic! Nice job! awesomenessplz
      Ballsmagee01
      wow nice job i loved it!!
      Anonymous
      Ahh I was wondering when you were going to post this! Also who I’m not sure if you know, but the reason I found this was because Petrea Burchard liked it (The official Petrea Burchard, lol) and I thought “Oh must be a cool amv then” and when I saw it was done by our very own Who, and with a song posted by yet another fellow member, I couldn’t help but get excited, “Who is going to flip out when he sees this!” Great amv.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      (sorry everyone for the late reply! heck of a week)

Thanks very much everyone for watching!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it. Felt great not only to get ‘back in the game’ making an amv, but this one will forever be dear to me because of its backstory.

Dagon123 wrote:

“Who is going to flip out when he sees this!”

You got that right! :Tenchismile: Thank you for letting me know Dagon, I had heard through the grapevine before posting here that she watched it and actually liked it. Goes without saying–but I’ll say anyway–I find that mind-blowingly awesome! Including some of her most memorable lines as Ryoko surely made it nostalgic for her in a similar (yet different) way to the rest of us who watched it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.