Nostalgia Tv

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Nostalgia Tv

• This topic is empty.
    For the past month in Eastern Washington we’ve been getting Me-tv programs on our local Mynetworktv

station.October 1 Me-tv takes over permenantly.Me-tv is one of the nostalgia tv networks that has

sprung up over the last couple of years.It stands for Memorable tv and airs shows from the 1950s-1980s.

Series include:The Wild Wild West,Lost In Space,Classic Star Trek,Get Smart,Batman,Cheers,and yes

cartoons including She-Ra!! 😆

So does anyone else have a nostalgia tv network in their area and if so what network is it?

Also if you watch it what shows are your favorites?

p.s. I’d watch Columbo if it weren’t on against Once Upon A Time on Sunday!

p.p.s.Can’t wait until we get the full Saturday line up so I can catch up with Lost In Space and Classic

Trek!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Replies
      Thorn
      In my area we have a network called the Hub. It doesn’t show cartoons, but it shows a lot of tv shows that the 80s and 90s generation grew up with: Facts of Life, the Nanny, The Cosby Show, Laverne & Shirley. As for cartoons, we have Boomerang like just about everyone else.
      WisperG

Thorn wrote:

In my area we have a network called the Hub. It doesn’t show cartoons, but it shows a lot of tv shows that the 80s and 90s generation grew up with: Facts of Life, the Nanny, The Cosby Show, Laverne & Shirley. As for cartoons, we have Boomerang like just about everyone else.

Hmm, are you referring to this Hub?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hub_(TV_channel)

Because they do show plenty of cartoons.

Thorn
      Yes, that’s it! I only get the time to watch it in the evenings so I don’t really see the cartoons.
      Yeah,our area also gets The Hub on,I think Premium Cable,but we pay only for Basic.

Now if only someone would come up with a network that would play classic anime subbed! 😆

(Yeah,never happen because of it being such a niche interest.)

Thorn
      I know we have at least the Funimation channel in North America, sadly, it’s offered on dish and I have cable.
      I love watching re-runs of Emergency.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Sweet Washu! I used to love that show as a child, and I had’nt thought of it for years until just a few hours ago! imterrifiedplz

Anyway, thanks to the magic of netflix you can watch the entire show online!

I’ve been watching so far:

The Wild Wild West

Emergency

The Rifleman

As soon as we get the full schedule I plan on also watching:

Lost In Space

Star Trek

Remington Steele

and a some others I can’t think of right now.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Lost In Space

Star Trek

These two! iheartitplz

I’ve never heard of Remington Steele. I’ve recently been watching All in the Family. I absolutely LOVE that show! It was so far ahead of it’s time, and the characters were just perfect! I also love the spinoff, The Jeffersons. I was sad when I heard that Sherman Hemsley died a few weeks ago :(

I Miss waking up Saturday Mornings and watcing FOX KIDS &/or KIDS WB. I do commend Saban for trying to bring back the SATAM steam with VORTEXX though, but well..its just not the same.
      That’s the only thing about METv that could be better,a larger selection of classic cartoons.Though I enjoy the fact that they have a wide variety of other older shows.

And by the way,this weekend on their Weekend Showcase on Sunday they’ll be airing Ironside.

Thorn
      I know at least a few of you watched what I’m about to bring up when you were kids. I recently discovered it on Netflix and MAN…so much nostalgia feels!! O.O Anyway, when I was a kid, I remember watching Xena every single weekend. That, Hercules: TLJ, and Tales From The Crypt. I never went to bed without watching those.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Oh man I LOVED Xena and Hercules when I was a kid! Those shows rocked, especially when I started reading and exploring the world of Greek myths and could put some of the pieces together! I’ve been meaning to rewatch some of them on Netflix myself, but school, graduation, and anime have gotten in the way lol.
      Thorn
      Yeah. Regretfully, I had forgotten about Xena and Herc during my teen years, but once I rediscovered it, I found it was every big as amazing as I remember. Now, even more so because I can understand and appreciate the mythology, subtext, and innuendo in a way that I probably didn’t as a child.
      Almael
      The thing both shows have in common are New Zealand and most people had blue eyes. ;)

Meaning Middle Earth was invaded by the greeks. 😆

Thorn
      Yeah, I do find that funny now. Most of the cast of either show looked nothing like what people of ancient Greece would have. 😆
      Well Kevin Sorbo is from Minnesota. 😆

He had a stroke or something during the filming of Hercules one season and wrote a book about it.

btw:I was watching one episode of Emergency! recently and in it they were watching an episode of another

Jack Webb produced series,ADAM 12,when they have a call.So throughout the episode Gage is anxious to know what happened to Reed and Molloy in the episode of ADAM 12.

Note to Metv:You really need to get ADAM 12.

Thorn

Thorn wrote:

I know at least a few of you watched what I’m about to bring up when you were kids. I recently discovered it on Netflix and MAN…so much nostalgia feels!! O.O Anyway, when I was a kid, I remember watching Xena every single weekend. That, Hercules: TLJ, and Tales From The Crypt. I never went to bed without watching those.

Hmm…according to a recent tweet from Lucy Lawless, it looks like a Xena comeback may not be too unlikely.

Metv changed the schedule for Summer so that Hogan’s Heroes will be on Week nights at

10:30 p.m. and it’s place on Saturday nights will be taken by Dragnet and Adam 12.

As far as a Xena comeback…er…didn’t they kinda kill her off in the series finale?

I wonder how they would work it.

btw:I have a grand total of four Xena tees:one from a fan club I belonged to back in the ’90s,one

of Xena,one of Gabrielle and one of Callisto! 😎

Thorn
      Well, yes, she did die. However, given the fact that she and Gabrielle both died at least once prior to that ending I’d be willing to believe that she was some how resurrected. I never much cared for that rushed explanation they used to keep her dead, anyway.

As for the tees: I never had a Xena tee :( I guess they were never sold in my area or else I would’ve had one for every day of the week! I did have a Xena kite at some point, though.

*zombie bump*

Comcast in Spokane decided to make some changes so the Metv station is moving up the dial.

I don’t know if the move affects us or not since we live northeast of Spokane and our cable provider is

Conceptcable.It’s supposed to happen tommorrow so will see what happens then.

Well I was right the switch didn’t have anything to do with us.But sometimes you can’t tell about these things.
      Anonymous
      [BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/8RlWeFW3Kkg[/BBvideo]

So I found Ed, Edd, and Eddy in Japanese, and man what a great job they did xD

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/8RlWeFW3Kkg[/BBvideo]

So I found Ed, Edd, and Eddy in Japanese, and man what a great job they did xD

Somehow it’s comforting to me that Rolf’s “Shlurr!” is linguistically universal. XD

😆

I’m more of a Totally Spies and Code Lyoko kinda guy myself. I wonder if the Japanese did anything

with them?

ookamilord
      Participant
      from what i heard about code lyoko. so far only the french have rights to it because its a france product and so far france is cautious because the recent lyoco series is live action. so i dont see that translating well. i have seen the first episode of the live action and i had to laugh not because it was bad but it did caught my attention
      Anonymous

ookamilord wrote:

from what i heard about code lyoko. so far only the french have rights to it because its a france product and so far france is cautious because the recent lyoco series is live action. so i dont see that translating well. i have seen the first episode of the live action and i had to laugh not because it was bad but it did caught my attention

Code Lyoko has been released in just about any language you can think of, including Mandarin Chinese and Hebrew

The “rights” of a show depend on who buys the license for that region

For instance, Funimation owns the rights to a Japanese show in North America because of the license they buy for it.

ookamilord
      Participant
      but you also have to consider to that it also has to depend on domestic rating to and we all know that if lyoko did come to the states that there is a great chance that saban will try to take it over. the live action which is the continuation of the animated aint bad i really enjoyed it but if only i could understand french. i dont know what its domestic rating is but all i can say by the time it makes its way here the show will either be cancelled or over. as far as it being in different languages i think that worked very well with animated. but since they went live action to finish it i think most production houses will not pic it up because it involves getting some child actors. then again i could be wrong i hope i am i really want to see lyoko on my tv again
      That’s interesting about Code Lyoko being French,then I guess it fits into the setting.What’s more interesting is that the show ended as a live action instead of it being later adapted to live action format such as Sailor Moon live action tv series

and the Death Note movies.

Wonder why the French decided to end it that way instead of just finishing it animated.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.