OVA 4?! (A Rough draw)

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4?! (A Rough draw)

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    First, I’d like to point out that I dislike OVA 3 as much as the next Tenchi fan, in the way that it contradicted the original setup of the first two OVA’s, put our favorite characters to the sidelines, and really did a lot of things wrong. With this fanfiction, I will attempt to repair the problems(if repairable) caused by OVA 3 and will try to write as close to the way OVA 1 and 2 worked. I cannot repair everything and I have to work with all of the things OVA 3 brought, as well as make an ending to our favorite anime series. So in doing this i hope to not only fix the plot somewhat, but hope to provide closure to the fans who have waited so long for the ending of this great and memorable show. Now I present to you, the rough summary of the entire scenario that is OVA 4.

(After doing some research into the story, seeing as I didn’t watch GXP) I came to the conclusion to start the OVA directly after Seina’s wedding. Immediately following the events of GXP. After the reception, a few old characters mentioned, they head back home where Tennyo(I know, a pretty much horrible character, but bear with all this) wishes to speak to Tenchi. She wants to talk about his future plans since his coming of age is here, and what he will do. This further leads to the question he hoped he wouldn’t have to answer, which girl did he want. He and Tennyo go on a walk as they talk about how he felt about Ayeka and Ryoko, and their past trials and tribulations. Tenchi ended up leading them to Ryoko’s cave, which always brought him warmth and comfort in times of stress. The truth comes out that he actually loves both of them(this may be weird but keep reading, things do change.)

He cant have them both however. Jurai will not accept Ryoko there as a queen, nor will Ayeka turn her back on her people. They barely would let Tenchi rule due to his Earthing blood. He doesn’t want to tell one but not the other, because of it hurting the one he didn’t tell, or the person he did tell, flaunting it.

He does end up telling them both how he feels at the same time. They both don’t hate each other for it, in fact, the arguments and fights died down a bit afterwards. Washu makes preparations and then Sasami and Noike(I only use her twice, don’t worry, I just have to work with what was given.) cook a celebratory dinner for the three. In the celebrating, Katsuhito has a grim expression, which causes Tenchi to worry. Katsuhito then says “If you think you can protect these women, then duel me at the shrine tomorrow, if you win, you have my blessing. If you lose, you have no reason to celebrate. He then leaves. Tenchi is engulfed in worry since he had never beaten his Grandfather, and that was when his Grandfather didn’t use his full power.

Ryoko wonders to herself a bit later, “If only we had more time.” Something clicks. She heads to Washu to ask for something to compress time, Washu creates a dimension that is exactly the same as the Masaki home, except with no one in it. A year in this dimension is 8 hours here, just the right time Ryoko and Ayeka need to train Tenchi to win against his Grandfather. They bring Tenchi into the Dimension.

Training goes on for a good 10 months within the training dimension. Throughout this time, Tenchi’s skill get better, his reflexes quicker. He learned tactic rather than instinct. One thing, he had to learn how to control the lighthawk wings at will. Ayeka suggests that he created them before due to life threatening danger or stress, like the fight with Kagato, the Blackhole, the fight with Z. Ryoko gives Tenchi a mental picture of her about to be killed by Kagato and he is able to control the lighthawk wings at will. (seems anti-climactic but with the way I’ll script it, it will work well.)

They do get intimate towards the end of the stay. Tenchi ends up marrying both of them (again may be weird but keep reading.)

While they were in there trouble was stirring in the real world. A mysterious force (no name, want to reference the manga for a guy, even if it isnt like his story Arc) seeks to absorb energy to sustain his life and power. And he seeks out the Masaki home for Washu and her hidden power. Ryoko, Ayeka, and Tenchi come out as this standoff is underway and a fight ensues. It doesnt last long before the figure challenges Tenchi to a duel. Tenchi accepts so that no one will get hurt, he goes with the figure and they disappear. From here Ryoko’s voice comes into narration “That was the last time we saw Tenchi.”

Ryoko and Ayeka have been searching for Tenchi for 6 months (TMIL2 reference) except they traversed the stars rather than searched through cities. During a search Mihoshi asked for backup to anyone nearby as a massive robbery was underway, while she was on duty. Ryoko and Ayeka go to investigate and to their shock, Tenchi is with the figure who is robbing the bank. He is different, his eyes are different. He is brainwashed. The figure offers Tenchi back if they give him Washu, then they depart quickly, as do the girls.

Back on Earth now, the girls ask Washu to offer herself only as a diversion so they get Tenchi and can trick the figure(still no name for him). When he arrives he has no intent on leaving anyone alive so a fight with everyone against Tenchi happens. He is too powerful with his training. Ryoko makes a final drastic decision. She lets Tenchi stab her, then pulls him close and kisses him with all she is. She then tells him she loves him as blood trickles out of the sides of her mouth. She is flung to the side. As Tenchi approaches Washu. She reaches out for Tenchi, whispering to come back. The figure readies a blast to kill off everyone. At the moment it fires Tenchi yells “NO” and turns to let the blast hit him. The dust clears and everyone is unharmed. Tenchi deployed his lighthawk wings but at too late a time. His arm and leg are missing and the wings are working as prosthetic limbs. they disappear and he falls, Ryoko crawls to him and holds him, crying. He pulls the Master Key out of his pocket and holds the hilt to Ryoko and says “become the person you were meant to be.” She gets all her gems back.

A blinding light flashes from Ryoko as her wound heals and as the light settles, Ryoko is near angelic in stature, and has 3 lighthawk wings(episode 13 references she could use them). She then obliterates the figure and goes back to Tenchi along with Ayeka to help him into Washu’s lab.

Washu cannot make prosthetic limbs because not only would his energy burn them off. But severed leg is severed all the way to the joint, no joint or socket is there. There’s no blood or anything, its as if it never existed. Washu tries coming up with ideas when Mihoshi shows up and talks about the Mass creature. Washu has it, he can assimilate with Mass. She needs Mass and Ryoko volunteers to round up some, and she does and brings it back so Washu can ready her Assimilation surgery.

Tenchi hears voices in his conscience asking him questions; the mass trying to find out if he is a threat. They find him as a threat when they feel his power and begin trying to kill him. Ryoko and Ayeka try to pull away the creatures yelling not to kill him. They ask “is this what love is.” Ryoko and Ayeka reply “Yes, just please, spare him.” They comply and begin assimilating with him. Tsunami has taken Tenchi’s conscience from his body so he can repair faster(much how it was in episode 6 when he talked to Tsunami).

In the next week or so, Tenchi was fully healed. To boot, he had new powers that made him even better than before. Thanks to the Mass, he had regeneration, phasewalking, flying and even teleporting. Ryoko took him with her to teach him flying, as well as an attempt to start their own “mile high club”. Once back home, Katsuhito still wants to duel, even though he proved even in a crippling injury, he would stand up for the girls. He wanted the duel so he could make sure the girls didnt go soft on him in training.

The duel commences, Katsuhito goes to his younger form, as Yosho. He fights with the Master Key that he pulls to him out of Tenchi’s pocket. Tenchi creates the ligthawk sword and the massive duel ensues. In the end, Tenchi is the victor. Katsuhito congratulates him and says “Tenchi, you have fulfilled yourself, you are now of age and your journey is complete. Your name means Heaven and Earth, you were born of those who came from the heavens, and have become one with that of the Earth(may change the saying later). Ayeka begins to cry randomly. Tenchi asks whats wrong and it turns out Ayeka has to leave for Jurai. Katsuhito, with great hesitation, says he will go back in her place, even though he wished to be buried on Earth. Tsunami appears and says. “Yosho, your wish will be granted to come back here. You will not have to stay on Jurai the rest of your days. Sasami will come of age a few years from now, and will succeed the throne, as well as my presence will return to Jurai. You may come and go to Earth and Jurai as you wish, I can have that arranged.”

Several months passed. Yosho left. Mihoshi was on leave and returned to the house. She turns on the news of the long lost Prince coming back, and his succession. Asuza bestowed the crown on his head and so the new emperor was through his coronation. Masaki, and Funaho watched on, proud. Tenchi smiled a bit then looked down at the blanket bundle in his arms. A baby with Tenchi’s eyes and Ryoko’s hair(in an official doushinji there is such a picture of Ryoko’s daughter.) Tenchi smiles at his daughter Achika(As a fan pleaser for the memory of Tenchi’s mother from the First movie.) Ayeka was expecting soon as well, a son (not sure however about this happening yet.) After the news cast is over, Mihoshi goes on to watch her shows, the rest of the house does its own thing, but Nobuyuki and Rhea are over. Tenchi is informed they have been expecting as well, and that they have a boy on the way. Tenchi will have a younger brother.

Tenchi smiles and walks outside, down to the lake and stares out into it. Ryoko puts the baby down in its cradle, since its asleep and walks outside as well. She meets up with Tenchi and stands beside him. Then she says “Things are so different now…I’m glad this is how it all turned out though. It’s almost like it happened yesterday when i was chasing you around the school. I will miss those old days, but the memories I will always have until the end of time.” Tenchi looks over at Ryoko and says “Things aren’t going to be like they were, are they. This whole new life, is here.” Ryoko whispers to Tenchi’s ear “My Tenchi, things may be different, that is true. But the carnival will never leave you, it will always be right here.” She smiles kisses him and puts her hand on his heart as they both look out into the lake, and the show ends, (much how the ending of the last tenchi movie ended).

Well, thats the rough planning of it. May not have solved everything but I will continue to work on it. Feel free to comment or give suggestions, and feel free to offer any ideas or want to pitch in on its creation ^.^ OVA 4 :Tenchismile:

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      You have a fairly nice outline of events planned here, and I look forward to seeing how they come together. Below are my thoughts at present. I do invite you to share any new ideas in the Suggestions thread. ^^v

Overall, I see four main story arcs here.

• Tenchi accepts his love for Ryoko and Ayeka.

• Katsuhito/Yosho requests a duel, and Tenchi goes into training.
    • A new foe rises to threaten the world, and Tenchi vanishes in combat. Six months later, Tenchi reappears controlled and is saved at a heavy cost.
    • After recovering with the mass, Tenchi and Yosho’s duel finally culminates, and the household settles into their new roles as leaders or parents themselves.
    • Depending on the length of each, you might consider breaking the overarching plot into four stories, sequels of one another. Individually, I could see each of these being interesting studies in and of themselves. ^^v

I like the idea of using the Mass to rehabilitate Tenchi, as it does give him a taste of Ryoko’s life, as well as bringing them closer. However, is there something comparable for Ayeka? Considering that Ryoko saved him from the Figure and helped him convalesce, you might offer the first princess an equally significant part of his life. Also, since Tenchi’s wings have the ability to perform material transformation, could he not use his wings to regenerate his missing limbs? This would be not unlike Z recreating his eye, or EVA 01 reforming its arm. As you already have a pseudo-science way of eliminating prosthetics, you might consider a similar reason this method could be ruled out.

The time-compressed pocket dimension and energy-absorbing villain is reminiscent of the Android story arc in Dragonball Z, though depending on its execution, it could be interesting to see. I would like to see how it is implemented before passing any judgment on it.

I do approve of your focus on the central cast, namely Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka. However, do you have any plans for Mihoshi and Washu, outside of the Figure’s story arc? Will Mihoshi accept and step aside when Tenchi states his love for Ryoko and Ayeka? One might think that would have to be handled in some manner.

Again, you have some interesting ideas here, and I am interested to see how they progress. Let us know when you have a chapter to read. [nagi3]

shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    First, thank you for reading this. ^.^ haha XD and I’ll post my stuff on that suggestions thread, for feedback

I see what you’re saying, it has several plots going on simultaneously and each one can be divided into an individual section that connects with each other.

Also I see your point in trying to equalize the bonding situation with Ayeka, I will have to come up with something. Also, Washu I had an idea to bring the dynamic of her and Ryoko and Ayeka Closer since, Ayeka will technically be her Daughter-in-law.

Mihoshi I may need some time coming up with an idea for how to deal with her reaction and such.

Also I do need a name for the figure, at one point i was going to make it a revenge act from Dr. Clay escaping, since he is escaped or we are thought he is in OVA3 but then again Z may have killed him, from what i heard happened in the rare doushinji. I may use a name from the Manga series that Okuda wrote, perhaps Garyu who did take Ayeka(a bit similar to the original) but it all will come together as I think on it more cx

Again thank you and I will have a first chapter up soon, I’ve been working on it with my free time when not at work. :Tenchismile:

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

shadowsfall0 wrote:

I may use a name from the Manga series that Okuda wrote, perhaps Garyu who did take Ayeka

Oh Pii, this one is after your own heart! Lol.

Anyway, I’m working on a more thorough writeup of my thoughts, but suffice it to say I very much enjoyed reading this summary/concept! I like that you have chosen to work with what we know and stay as true to “classic” Tenchi as possible. I will be especially curious to see how you plan on pulling off the tripartite relationship of Tenchi Ryoko and Ayeka. I don’t think ive seen it done in quite the way youve laid out before! Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your stuff!

Kiyoka
    May I ask first are you equally an Ayeka and Ryoko fan? I ask because typically whoever is a persons’ favourite, they usually want to end up with Tenchi.

That quite frankly bothers me about your idea :/ Do people percieve the only ending to the show where Tenchi gets a girl? In all honesty if OAV 4 was made and Tenchi chose it would ruin it. Not quite sure how to expain it, but by not having the ending where he choses gives the illusion of it going on forever. i should probablly try and come up with more explination :S

I ddin’t read too deep yet into your idea, but the next biggest issue was Tenchi getting super powers from the mass like Ryoko’s. Seems a *tad* silly imo. Just slap some mass on him and BAM Ryoko like powers. Tenchi already has an astonishing power, and he gets flying, teleportation and phasing? Overkill.

Sorry. I am brutally honest. You’ll have to get used to it lol happyblueplz

shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    First I admire brutal honesty, it doesn’t bother me xD

Next I am a big fan of the Tenchi and ryoko pairing but I chose a different way for this one. I can see where you’re coming from about the choice ruining it. However mine is merely an end to tenchis story and bridging into war on geminar. The whole plot draws it’s conclusion, Tenchi may have amazing power but I mainly gave him more as a change in power, to show his abilities outmatching the Chousin as they said he would. He has no more enemies in my arc after that and it ends up the bridging to WOG, however I see your points, and am acceptant of all critism and praise and feedback ^~^

evilpii
    Participant
    none

shadowsfall0 wrote:

I may use a name from the Manga series that Okuda wrote, perhaps Garyu who did take Ayeka(a bit similar to the original) but it all will come together as I think on it more cx

chucklocker wrote:

shadowsfall0 wrote:

I may use a name from the Manga series that Okuda wrote, perhaps Garyu who did take Ayeka

Oh Pii, this one is after your own heart! Lol.

And, I quite approve. Perhaps using Garyu might give some more impetus for why the Figure is taking this action. Perhaps he will be using Tenchi to try and rebuild Oku II. [nagi1]

chucklocker wrote:

I will be especially curious to see how you plan on pulling off the tripartite relationship of Tenchi Ryoko and Ayeka.

As am I. The Tenchi Solution, i.e. marry both, is a commonly quoted way the series could end, particularly considering the ending of GXP. isawitplz However, if you plan to flesh out the trinity relationship, you will have my attention. :Tenchismile:

Kiyoka wrote:

That quite frankly bothers me about your idea :/ Do people percieve the only ending to the show where Tenchi gets a girl? In all honesty if OAV 4 was made and Tenchi chose it would ruin it. Not quite sure how to expain it, but by not having the ending where he choses gives the illusion of it going on forever. i should probablly try and come up with more explination :S

This is another possible solution to the problem, though one that gets old. Typically, there is no character growth or progression of story. That was my main problem with OVA 2, where they stay at the house most of the time, and little changes.

Now, if someone were to try Option 3, I would be impressed. http://evilpii.50webs.com/forum/ramia2.png" />

Kiyoka wrote:

I ddin’t read too deep yet into your idea, but the next biggest issue was Tenchi getting super powers from the mass like Ryoko’s. Seems a *tad* silly imo. Just slap some mass on him and BAM Ryoko like powers. Tenchi already has an astonishing power, and he gets flying, teleportation and phasing? Overkill.

This issue had crossed my mind, which is why I considered Tenchi using the Light Hawk Wings to recuperate. Considering Ryoko has also come into this same power, they could teach one another and grow closer in that way, rather than a more one-sided instruction from Ryoko to Tenchi. However, if you were able to pull off Tenchi receiving a mass upgrade effectively without breaking the story, I would not mind. :Tenchismile:

Again, take our comments as just that. This is your story, and we eagerly await what you will pen. http://evilpii.50webs.com/forum/kamidake1.png" />

shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    I do really take your comments and ideas into consideration, feedback is always a key in writing something and perfecting it to the best of your abilities :D

The solution of marrying both was not my original intention but I wanted to go for what seemed to be the more likely solution. Although that is the common ending for Tenchi to have the open ending in terms of romance but the plot itself passing. All stories (even though this is opinion) have an ending and have closure.

Garyu definitely is a villain that is formidable. And that idea of him using Tenchi as well as hunting after Washu and the Chousin is to help rebuild his planet Oku II.

The fact of him and Ryoko having lighthawk wings works as well, and is a brilliant idea. The Mass is as well but has a different effect and may overpower him. I could use them but I shall see how, if I do actually incorporate them. With Ayeka, I could actually…. ooooo…perhaps she give him a seed to one of the Juraian trees? 😯 hmmm still quite a bit of thinking to do.

Chapter 1 is close to finished however and finalized as well so it’l be up here very soon 🙂

• Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.