OVA 4: Chapter 2

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 2

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    [Ext. Daytime. Walking back to the Masaki house]

Tenchi wasn’t in much of a hurry to get back to the house. The turmoil that was already present as well as the fact his choice had to be made; he had to tell the two loves of his life how he felt. His stomach churned and his head started aching as he slowly wandered on the path back.

Tenchi: (Maybe there’s some hope after all… but, even if Ayeka and Ryoko agree to this what then? Where will we go? I can’t thank Tenyo enough for helping me sort this out but how can this possibly end well.)

Finally arriving in front of the house, Tenchi pauses in front of the door. Tenyo steps up behind him, quickly wiping excess tears from earlier.

Tenyo: Tenchi?

Tenchi: (Turning around) Hey sis. Have a good talk with Grandpa?

Tenyo: (Shrugging) Well sort of. How bout you? Did you talk to the girls yet?

Tenchi: Nah, I was just about to go in and do it.(an anxious expression on his face. His body was shaking but he tried as hard as he could to keep composure.)

Tenyo: Good luck.

Tenchi: Thanks. You think they’ll go for it?

Tenyo: There’s only one way to find out. Just remember you have to let them

know how you feel.

Tenchi: (looking down)Yeah, how I feel.

Tenchi opens the front door and goes inside. Tenyo follows and shuts the door behind

her.

[Interior. Masaki house. Main room]

Tenyo: (To Tenchi) I’ll be in the kitchen. If you need anything let me know.

Tenchi: Thanks sis.

Tenyo crosses the room and disappears into the kitchen. Tenchi finds Ryoko,

Ayeka, and Mihoshi fast asleep on the couch. He takes a deep breath for what he is about to do. Sweat trickling down his neck.

Tenchi: Ryoko…Ayeka.

Ryoko and Ayeka: Snore…snore

Tenchi walks behind the couch. Leaning in toward their ears he tries again.

Tenchi: Ryoko, Ayeka.(a bit louder)

Ryoko: Ahhh!

Startled, Ryoko falls forward off the couch dragging Ayeka and Mihoshi with her.

Ryoko: (Pointing at Ayeka) I didn’t do it Tenchi, it was Ayeka!

Ayeka: (quickly back to Ryoko) Ryoko I don’t know what you’re talking about!

Tenchi: Stop it!

Both girls stop bickering. Hearing someone snoring they all look over at Mihoshi who

is still fast asleep on the floor. They sigh.

Ryoko: Do you need Mihoshi to hear this too?

Tenchi: No I just need to talk to you two.

Ryoko: What is it Tenchi?

Tenchi: Ryoko…Ayeka…I…(his sweat continued to trickle down his neck, now his skin, his shaking became too much to handle. His vision darkens. He choked up and couldn’t speak.)

Ayeka: Yes Tenchi?

Tenchi: …

Tenchi passes out and falls on the floor behind the couch. Ryoko and Ayeka rush

to his side.

Ryoko: Tenchi!

Ayeka: Lord Tenchi!

Hearing the shouting Noike comes out from the kitchen into the family room.

Noike: What’s all the shouting for? (sees Tenchi lying on the floor) What did you two do this time!? (Rushes to Tenchi)

Ryoko: (Quickly responds in her harsh way) Nothing I swear!

Noike: Yeah, right. (Checks Tenchi’s breathing)

Ayeka: No, she’s right. Tenchi started talking to us and then he just passed out.

Noike: He’s still breathing but I think we should have Washu check him out.

Ryoko: Okay, you get the door Ayeka and I’ll grab Tenchi.

Ayeka: All right.

Ryoko picks Tenchi up and puts him on her shoulder. She carries him over to the all too familiar door under the stairs that leads to Washu’s lab.

Noike: I’ll be right behind you. Just let me tell Sasami what’s going on.

Noike heads to the kitchen while Ayeka opens the door to Washu’s lab. Ryoko carries Tenchi in and Ayeka follows. Ryoko carried Tenchi in, past the main area full of experiments and machines and into the back. She knew the way well since the little scientist was always running tests on her.

[Washu’s lab]

Ryoko: Mom! Where are you!

Washu: There’s no need to shout. I’m right here.(comes out from one of the areas she was working in.)

Ryoko: Tenchi’s hurt!

Washu: What! Put him on the table there.

Ryoko lays Tenchi down on the table. Washu summons her holotop and furiously

types away at the keyboard. Ayeka enters the room.

Ayeka: What’s the matter with Lord Tenchi, Miss Washu?

Washu: (looks into her holotops data and then looks back at the girls.) Believe it or not, the most powerful boy in the universe has had an anxiety attack.

Ryoko and Ayeka: An anxiety attack?

Washu: (nods)Yep.

Enter Noike, Sasami, Tenyo, and Ryo-ohki in Sasami’s arms.

Noike: Is he gonna be all right Washu?

Washu: He’ll be fine Noike. He’s just had an anxiety attack.

Noike: Anxiety attack? From what?

Washu: Well I don’t know, but I’m sure these two are at the root of the problem.

(Eyeing Ryoko and Ayeka.)

Ryoko: (Raising her fist) Hey, we didn’t do anything. We fell asleep on the couch

when Tenchi woke us up and said he had to talk to us he just collapsed.

Ayeka: That’s right Miss Washu. He did look rather pale though.

Tenyo: Oh no. (Covers her mouth with her hand)

Washu: (Stops typing on holotop) What was that Tenyo?

Tenyo: Washu I can’t. Tenchi’d be upset.

Washu: Well we need to know what was stressing him out if we’re going to get him

better.

Tenyo: I can’t. (Motions with her head towards the rest of the crowd)

Washu: (looks at Tenyo, concern in her expression then turns to everyone else.)All right everyone out. Nothin to see here. That means you too Ryoko.

Ryoko: Okay, okay, I’m going.

Sasami: Get better soon Tenchi.

Everyone leaves except Washu and Tenyo. Tenchi is breathing easy and sleeping

while hooked up to Washu’s machines.

Washu: Okay Tenyo, spill it. What’s going on?

Tenyo: I can’t tell you. But Grandpa can.

Washu: In that case you stay here with Tenchi while I go see Lord Katsuhito.

Tenyo sits down next to Tenchi. Washu summons her holotop and creates a portal

which after banishing the holotop, she steps through. Two figures that are hiding in the shadows of Washu’s lab move to leave as well.

Ryoko: (Whispering) Come on Ayeka, let’s go find out what’s going on.

Ayeka: I don’t quite agree with these tactics but I must know what’s bothering

Lord Tenchi.

Ryoko and Ayeka leave.

Tenyo: It’s funny, how I’m here watching over you again after all these years Tenchi.

Meanwhile Washu steps through the other side of her portal into Katsuhito’s office. The shrine keeper is sitting at his table sipping a cup of tea.

[Katsuhito’s office]

Washu: Knock, knock, mind if I come in?

Katsuhito: Not at all, come on in Washu. A lot of people want to talk this morning.

Washu: (sits in the floor across from Katsuhito) I’m here to talk to you about Tenchi.

Katsuhito: What about Tenchi?(continues sipping his tea)

Washu: Well it seems he had an anxiety attack today. He was talking to Ayeka and

Ryoko when he just collapsed.

Katsuhito: I see. So Tenyo was not exaggerating, there really is a problem isn’t there?(his eyes look up to Washu)

Washu: Tenyo wouldn’t tell me what was going on. She said she couldn’t, but she said you could. Care to elaborate for me?

At that moment, two figures crept up to the door of the shrine office and pressed their ears against the door.

Katsuhito: You know Washu, my father was not far away from naming me heir, but the people began to complain. Several systems even threatened to leave, but Ryoko’s arrival gave me a way out. My mother told me that the systems returned to the Empire when it was revealed that I was missing. So I couldn’t very well go back.

Washu: So you left everything behind to keep everyone happy?

Katsuhito: Yes. Now poor Tenchi will face the same problem.

Washu: Hmm … what if Tenchi stayed here? He doesn’t have to go to Jurai does he?

Katsuhito: He doesn’t “have” to go anywhere; however, Ayeka will return since she is next in line.

Washu: (Scratching her head) So what’s the problem?

Katsuhito: (Grins) He wants them both, but he can’t have them both, not here and certainly not there.

Ryoko: (Whispers) Both, does he mean…?

Ayeka: Shhh.

Washu: Why not let him go somewhere else then?

Katsuhito: And what about Jurai? Father wants to step down soon, they’ll need another ruler. Ayeka would never turn her back on her people, and the people would never accept Tenchi, much less Ryoko. So you see, it’s quite a situation Tenchi has gotten himself into.

Washu: Huh, I see your point. Ayeka has always talked of going back, and with Tenchi for that matter. But Tenchi won’t go without Ryoko and that could be dangerous indeed. Thanks for the update.(bows)

With that Washu stepped back through her portal into her lab. Meanwhile the two eavesdroppers outside the office walked away in their separate directions. The next few days were filled with chores for all the girls. Tenchi was still resting in Washu’s lab and the girls had to pick up the slack. Tenchi woke up but still was weak and wouldn’t stay up long. They would all go visit Tenchi for a few minutes a day which Washu would allow, but there were two that never went. Ryoko and Ayeka spent their time away from the family. Six days after Tenchi’s collapse, Ryoko was taking a bath in the onsen when Ayeka walked in. Ryoko said nothing to Ayeka, just took another sip of her sake. Ayeka walked toward the water and hesitantly got in. Several minutes of absolute silence passed before both looked at each other.

[The Onsen]

Ryoko and Ayeka: (To each other)We need to talk. … You first … grrrrrr

Ayeka: (Holding her hand up) Ryoko… what Yosho said about Tenchi the other day…

Ryoko: Yeah, about that…

Ayeka: I… I can’t force Tenchi to go back with me but I have responsibilities on Jurai.

Ryoko: (Looks down and fidgets) Does that mean you’re leaving?

Ayeka: I might, Tenchi will not be accepted on Jurai.

Ryoko: What do you mean he won’t be accepted?

Ayeka: Yosho… he never went back because he was not accepted. Auntie Funaho is barely accepted. If Tenchi were to try to claim the throne, it would send Jurai into a civil war that very well may destroy the empire.

Ryoko: So why are you leaving? Not giving up are you?

Ayeka: (Eyes Ryoko) Ryoko, are you saying you want me to stay?

Ryoko: Why… um… no…(Fidgets more)

Ayeka: I see. Well, I was raised to take the throne… (tears welling in her eyes) and… um… I will be leaving so he can stay here… and… be happy. (She looks down and begins to sob)

Ryoko thinks about what Tenyo told them after they confronted her with the

information from Katsuhito the other day.

Tenchi: (The way they fight all the time. I’m scared I’ll lose one. I love them both, Ryoko and Ayeka. If I ever lost them I couldn’t live. Every time they fight, I am scared I might lose one or both. I’m scared sis.)

Ryoko: No, I… I won’t let you go…

Ayeka: What? (She stares at Ryoko, shocked)

Ryoko: Tenchi’s scared to loose even one of us, and… if you… left, he wouldn’t be… happy.(Looks away)

Ayeka: Then we are back to where we started. Neither of us can leave… but both of us can’t stay.

Ryoko: And we can’t go to Jurai. I… can’t at least.

Ayeka: I know… We’ll figure something out. Let’s go check on Tenchi.

Ryoko: (slightly smiles)Good idea.

Ryoko and Ayeka get dressed and leave the onsen. They go into Washu’s lab and walk to the back where Tenchi is. Tenyo is sitting with him.

[Washu’s Lab]

Ryoko: How is he?

Tenyo: Still resting well.

Ayeka: Any change?

Tenyo: Not really, but Washu says she expects him to be up any time now. He usually has been coming around about this time.

Ryoko sits on Tenchi’s right side while Ayeka sits on his left. Both watch him as he rests.

Tenyo: I’ll give you guys some time alone with him.(Smiles)

Ryoko: Thanks Tenyo.( Nods to Tenyo.)

Tenyo leaves the lab.

Ryoko: (Whispering slightly.) Tenchi… I’ve waited so long for you to say that you loved me.

Ayeka: (Giggling)

Ryoko: What’s so funny?

Ayeka: Do you remember that time we used father’s books to try to win Tenchi.

Ryoko: (puts an arm behind her head, a huge smile on her face) Ha ha, how could I forget. We were so foolish. I knocked him down and acted like I’d never met him before.

Ayeka: Yes, I tripped him and then gave him a handkerchief with my name on it.

Both girls begin laughing hysterically. Tenchi makes a few random noises.

Tenchi: Do you think you could hold down the noise?

Ryoko and Ayeka look down at Tenchi in surprise.

Ryoko: Tenchi!

Ayeka: How do you feel Lord Tenchi?

Tenchi: My head hurts.(runs his hand down his face)

Ryoko: Oh Tenchi.(A gentle tone in her voice)

Ayeka: We’ve missed you so much.

Ryoko and Ayeka hug Tenchi frantically, hugging each other in the process.

Tenchi: (In a dazed voice) Is this heaven?

Ryoko: Huh?(pulls back for a second)

Ayeka: Why do you ask that, Tenchi?

Tenchi reaches up and hugs both girls. They both gasp in suprise.

Tenchi: I thought that we would have to be in heaven for you two to be nice to each other.(laughs a bit)

Ryoko: Oh Tenchi I could hit you.(blushing)

Tenchi: What happened anyway?

Washu: You just had a little anxiety attack Tenchi.

Ryoko and Ayeka both jump hearing Washu’s voice.

Ryoko: (turns instantly to Washu and yells)Mom!

Ayeka: You scared us Miss Washu.

Washu: (Walking over and summoning her holotop) How do you feel Tenchi?

Tenchi: Like a truck hit me.

Washu: (Giggling) I’m not surprised. You can’t keep doing this to yourself Tenchi. You may be one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but you keep stressing yourself out like this and you won’t have to worry about anyone coming after you.

Tenchi: How long have I been like this? A year or two?

Washu: (Looks over at Ayeka and Ryoko and snickers) Nope, just a day short of week. (Banishes her holotop) Everything looks good Tenchi, just take it easy for a little while.

Ayeka: Lord Tenchi, we need to talk.

Tenchi: About what Ayeka?

Washu: Actually I need to sit in on this. I might have a few ideas.

Ryoko: What ideas could you possibly have about this?(crosses her arms)

Washu: I don’t like your tone ‘little Ryoko.” After all, I am the number one scientific genius in the universe.(points to herself with her thumb) But you’re tired, Tenchi, this conversation will have to wait till you get some more rest.

Tenchi: (Fidgeting) Actually Washu, I want to talk to you and Tsunami.

Washu: About?

Tenchi: I’ve… been having… a… strange dream lately. But it felt too real to be a

dream. I… I’m…(Fidgets more)

Ayeka: You’re what Lord Tenchi?

Ryoko: He’s… scared.(Grimness in her voice)

Ryoko took Tenchi’s right hand in hers and Ayeka took his left hand.

Washu: (Leans over Tenchi.) Scared? About what Tenchi?

Tenchi: Please just get Tsunami, then I can tell you both.

Washu leaves the lab to find Sasami. She found her in the kitchen where she usually is.

[Masaki house; Kitchen]

Washu: Hey Sasami.

Sasami: …(busy cooking)

Washu: Oh Sasami.

Sasami: Huh? Oh, hello Little Washu. Oh no! I must be late!

Washu: No you’re not, I’m early.

Sasami: Huh? Why are you out so early?

Washu: What, can’t I come out of my lab whenever I want?

Sasami: Well sure… you just don’t.

Washu: Well if I don’t…

Ryoko: (Mentally to Washu) ‘Have you found Sasami yet? Tenchi’s still kind of shaken up.’

Washu: ‘I just found her’ Say Sasami, would you come down into the lab please?

Sasami: I can’t I’ve got to finish dinner.

Noike: (Walking into the kitchen) Sasami I can keep dinner going if Washu needs you for something.

Washu: Please Sasami, it will only take a minute.

Sasami: Well okay. Thank you Noike.

Washu and Sasami leave to go to Washu’s lab.

[Washu’s lab]

Sasami: What’s the matter?

Washu: Tenchi said he needed to talk to Tsunami and I about a dream he’s had.

Sasami: What does he need to talk to us about a dream for?

Washu: I don’t know but whatever it is has caused him to start shaking.

Sasami: That can’t be good.

The scene hadn’t changed much from when Washu left earlier. Ryoko and Ayeka were still sitting next to Tenchi.

Ayeka: It’s okay Tenchi. Washu will be back with Tsunami soon.

Ryoko: (Whispering in his ear) It’s okay Tenchi, we’re here. We’re here for you. Just relax. It’s okay.

Washu and Sasami come up to Tenchi.

Sasami: Tenchi?

Tenchi: (Shaking a bit) Oh, Sasami. I’m glad you’re here. Can Tsunami hear me?

Tsunami appears next to Sasami. Her translucent body comforting to everyone around them with a compassionate warmth.

Ryoko: Tsunami, what’s wrong with Tenchi?

Tsunami walks over to Tenchi and places her hand on his forehead to see his thoughts. Washu closes her eyes to see through Tsunami. Tsunami smiles at first then her face reacted to something that was obviously terrifying.

Tsunami: (Pulling her hand away as if burned) Ahh! (Eyes wide open and breathing heavily) Washu, where’s Tokimi? She should see this too!

Washu: (Her voice dark) I’ve tried to contact her but she’s not answering.

Tsunami: How long have you had these dreams Tenchi?

Tenchi: I don’t know.

Ryoko: What about his dreams! Damn it Washu!

Tsunami: Well you see…

Tenchi: I kill.

Ryoko: You’ve done that before. I’m sure it’s someone evil, like Kagato.

Tenchi: No, not just one, millions.(looks up at Ryoko and Ayeka, then back down.)

Ayeka and Ryoko let out a gasp in surprise.

Ryoko: (Tears welling in fear and anger) How? Why? Tenchi wouldn’t kill millions.

Tsunami: I don’t know. His dreams are all mixed up. But… at the end…

Washu: (pauses then speaks) He destroys Jurai.

Ayeka: What! But why?

Tsunami: That is not revealed in his dream. These dreams have been more frequent and have been lasting longer haven’t they.

Tenchi: (Just nods)

Ryoko: (Leans in close to his face) Is that why you haven’t been sleeping well?

Tenchi: (Nods and tears well in his eyes)

Ryoko: (Tears well in her eyes, and she cradles his head in her arms) Oh my Tenchi, that’s why you haven’t been sleeping well. I hoped you would never feel that kind of pain like I have.

Ayeka: How do you know he hasn’t been sleeping well Ryoko?

Ryoko: I’ve… been watching him sleep at night. It calms me when I can be with him at night. But lately, he’s been tossing and turning more. I didn’t know what to do.

Ayeka: Did you do anything Ryoko?

Ryoko: Not… really…(Eyes go in another direction)

Washu: What did you do Ryoko!

Ryoko: (Fidgeting and blushing) I… I would… sing to him. It seemed to calm him down.

Tenchi: That was you? … I… heard someone singing softly and it helped some nights. I kept thinking about your cave when I heard it.

Ryoko: (Looks into Tenchi’s eyes and strokes his hair) Your mother used to sing that to you when you were a child. When you would pass by the cave with her, she would be singing it. It helped me…as… I guess… it helped you.

Tenchi: Ryoko… thank you… for watching over me.

Ryoko: (Tears welling in her eyes, she smiles at his words)

Tenchi reaches up and gently strokes Ryoko’s cheek. Then to everyone’s amazement, Tenchi pulls Ryoko closer to him and kisses her, not on the forehead or on the cheek as he would Tenyo, but on the lips. Slowly Ryoko wraps her arms around Tenchi’s neck. Washu, Sasami, and Tsunami smiled on as Ayeka looked on with a scowl.

To be Continued…

Now the story is moving, the conclusions are starting, and a new evil is approaching. The characters begin fleshing out their relationships and the situations grow to higher stakes and intensity. Everything will begin to wrap up and come to full circle as the story progresses. From here to the end will deal with everything that is to come for Tenchi, for Ayeka, and the rest of the household.

P.S. This isn’t the exactly way to format a screenplay, I was trying have it fit onto the page. I did take care to change things and tweak things however and hope this was an improvement.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      First and foremost, much better formatting, it doesn’t appear like it is going to be herculean to go through, and the extra little descriptions along the way help keep the scene, I have a few things that stood out at me.

1. This line right here

Tenchi: Nah, I was just about to go in and do it.(an anxious expression on his face. His body was shaking but he tried as hard as he could to keep composure.)

“Nah” isn’t what I would expect from Tenchi, even though he’s human like us, his speech is still very formal, so from a reading perspective, “No” just flows better I think, “Nah” is almost slangish.

2. This line

Ryoko: Mom! Where are you!

I think the Mom part should be dropped in this instance, maybe something like “Hey, where are you?, Washu! I say this because even though I see that you are playing much more on there relations and connections as the OVA does, Ryoko generally doesn’t refer to Washu as “Mom” unless it’s snarky or sarcastic (though the instance later I think works fine), I can see Ryoko post OVA2 (With Zero and more emotions, like she should be) using that line more, but not liberally.

3. Just some grammar like Lose being “loose them”

Overall I continue to love the characterization, Tennyo is fitting into the house greatly, and I like what you did with Noike again, you made her the house “leader” but kept her busy overseeing things associated with the house and chores (and probably her own politics not associated with the household) so the only screentime she has is the screentime she should be in. This is not just for Noike but anyone in general.

I also liked that Tenchi is finally coming around with his emotions and maturing in a way that feels like Tenchi would do it and not just for the sake of the situation. This is something I think Tenchi Forever/ Muyo In Love 2 did amazingly because we never had “intimacy” but a few times throughout OVA1-2/Universe/ and Tokyo. This is something as fans that we’ve really needed to see especially with this being OVA4 because we’ve been through the awkward “Tenchi doesn’t know what to do phase” for 20 years, it’s high time he “mans up” a little to his emotions and acts on them like he should be doing.

This is also echoed not only in Tenchi, but in the cast themselves, even if subtly, we see Ryoko and Ayeka being more mature about the situation, and I’ve always loved their dynamic as a sisterly/best friend connection.

But most importantly, you’re sticking to the love triangle between Ryoko, Ayeka, and Tenchi, which is by far the strongest emotional relationship in the show.

OH AND THAT ENDING, can’t wait to see chapter 3!

NinjaboyMMGN
      Just finished this, I have the same opinions as Dagon in regards to his points. An oh that ending!!! I I started to tear up a little at the end there. It was nice. Looking forward to chapter 3.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      NOTE: I am commenting on a later edition of this chapter than what is posted above. ^^v

This chapter centers primarily on Ryoko and Ayeka discovering Tenchi’s choice from Chapter 1 and how they react to it. Also, an overarching threat is mentioned at the end of the chapter, foreshadowing greater trouble ahead.

Overall, I enjoyed the comedy of Tenchi trying to confess his affections to Ryoko and Ayeka, and failing rather epically, as well as the circuitousness of the two actually finding out his choice. The fact that Tenchi passes out from anxiety, as well as perhaps sleep deprivation due to the dreams mentioned at the end of the chapter, actually perpetuates his indecision. He never actively confesses to either of them, and the two find out from hearsay. While I have usually been in favor of Tenchi finally voicing his mind, the circuitousness does fit his character better as portrayed thusfar in this story and continuity.

However, the most interesting part of this chapter to me would be the onsen conversation between Ryoko and Ayeka. Not only does this harken back to the “Night Before Carnival” special from the first OVA series, but also it gives some insight into each party’s perspective on the proposed solution to their dilemma. This is probably the most adult that either of them has been in a while, each considering Tenchi’s happiness and even the happiness of her rival. While the mixed feelings are certainly evident, some time might have been good to have each party reflect on the situation individually, perhaps consider her own options and solutions before the ultimate agreement to coexist.

Again, I would like to mention that the use of Tennyo here as a facilitator has kept the plot moving nicely. She serves as an older sister and confidant to Tenchi without being overly distracting to the other cast members.

I cannot comment much on the foreshadowing in Tenchi’s dreams beyond that I am interested.

As to the ending, I am glad to see that all is not perfect with this triangle relationship, despite Ryoko and Ayeka’s onsen agreement. I am interested to see how this relationship progresses and, hopefully, remains balanced.

Nil Admirari
      none
      Characterization has improved here, which was a major weak point for Chapter 1 (which I have left uncommented on, let it be buried and not oft spoken of again) for me. There are still some instances of rushed dialog coming from a character that feels unnatural and unlike how said character would approach it but overall the sense of each character is much stronger. We also see them interacting in some more natural ways – Ryoko and Ayeka sticking together as the friends they are deep down, Washu and Katsuhito being able to talk as wise and aged equals and so on. Tenyo even comes off as the Sisterly figure she is supposed to be.

What we have here is some good plot advancement while stressing some character relationships at times to show the bonds between them. The ending reveal of Tenchi’s dreams on destroying Jurai are fairly disturbing to him and thus to the readers as well. That’s far beyond anything he’s capable of doing of his own free will and it is eating him alive. We’ll have to see how further installments pan out.

ookamilord
      Participant
      again i have nothing really negative to say about this chapter. im glad to see that clays fake ryoko and ryoko are slowly merging into one unlike with ova 2. where washu is takes a scientific needle and thread and sow them together into one body and call it good.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.