OVA 4: Chapter 3

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 3

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Now, the cliffhanger from the previous chapter has been picked up, and the story is getting into full gear. Also I thank Ll for editing this since it was really rushed and jumbled at first but he did a great job at fixing the issues ^^. Now, here it is, Chapter 3

Int. Masaki House: Washu’s Lab

Ayeka: (That demon woman is touching my Tenchi! I should kill her! How dare she! I wanted Tenchi to kiss me! Wait, is Ryoko crying?)

As Tenchi and Ryoko pull away from their kiss, Ayeka notices Ryoko has tears in her eyes, her golden eyes glistening as they look down. Tears roll down her cheeks over a slight blush.

Ayeka: (I hate her! That should be me! And yet, she’s so happy. I doubt Ryoko has ever felt this loved before in her life. At least I have my parents even my brother Yosho. And of course Sasami loves me, but Ryoko has always been alone.)

Tenchi looks at everyone standing near him and blushes a little. He then looks at Ayeka who quickly looks down ashamed. She clenches her hands together tightly.

Ayeka: (Don’t look at me my sweet Tenchi. I’m sorry for my feelings of anger. I didn’t know… I didn’t know you were having trouble sleeping. I didn’t know how much Ryoko was helping you. And I didn’t know how much you really meant to her.)

Tenchi: Ayeka… are you mad at me?(He gazes at Ayeka with a worried expression.)

Ayeka: (Her head snaps up.) Oh no Lord Tenchi.

Ayeka catches Tenchi’s gaze. He is not ashamed of what he did and yet, he looks worried, possibly about her, and she feels worse for it. Tenchi reaches out towards Ayeka. Ayeka slowly takes his offered hand and he pulls her closer to the bed.

Tenchi: I need to tell you both (He looks between Ayeka and Ryoko.) something very important to me.

Ryoko: What is it my Tenchi?

Ayeka: Go ahead Lord Tenchi.

Tenchi: Ayeka, you have always been someone whom I have long admired and cared for. For a long time though, I didn’t know how to show it. Only recently have I actually realized how deeply I felt. I… I don’t think my life would be complete without you in it, but not as a spectator or a friend. I love you.

Ayeka: (She gasps, tears flood her eyes at the sound of Tenchi’s words, her emotions overcome her internally and it takes all of her will not to swoon. A tear gently trickles down her face.)

Tenchi: It has taken me some time to acknowledge it and I guess even longer to act on it. I’m sorry, for hurting you and putting you through all this.

He reaches up to her cheek, brushes away a tear that had fallen down her face and pulls the princess into a loving kiss.

Ryoko: (That was everything I could have ever hoped for. He loves me. (She smiles) There is no way to kiss someone like that and not love them. The weird thing is … I’m not mad at Tenchi for kissing Ayeka. Shouldn’t I be upset? Shouldn’t I beat her to a pulp for kissing him? I should, but I just don’t care anymore. He loves me!)

When Tenchi pulls away from Ayeka her eyes flutter open shyly. Tenchi chuckles quietly as he turns to the space pirate that is looking at him with a loving expression. The atmosphere of the lab is very deep and emotional at this point.

Tenchi: (Smiling, he reaches up and cups Ryoko’s face in his hand again.) I guess I have already made my feelings for you known. Since the day we met at my school I have felt something for you. At first I… I didn’t think it was the real deal, but the more I got to know you the more I fell for you. (He sighs contently.) When you were kidnapped I fought to bring you back, not just because I had to, but because I wanted to. When you were taken from me again, I was ashamed of myself for not realising that you were in trouble. But in both cases, I got to hold you in my arms, if only for a short time, and…and it was as if we belonged. I have wanted to hold you again like that many times and to tell you how I feel. (Tenchi shakes his head sadly, he then looks at Ayeka and grabs both of her hands in his.) But I was scared to act. I was scared that if I came forward about my feelings that Ayeka would be hurt or try to hurt you, and then when I realised that I cared for you both I was scared even more. Choosing one would mean losing the other…and… and I just… (Tears begin falling from his eyes.) I never want to lose either of you. I love you Ryoko. To me you have never been the demon or killer that others have tried to make you out to be. You are wild, playful and energetic, though I understand that you have never been given a chance to just live before or even know how to live with others.

Ayeka suddenly turns her head away and looks down. Shame and sorrow fills her as she realises that she was the one that had tried to point out every single one of Ryoko’s faults. Ayeka tries to pull her hand back, but Tenchi holds it tightly. Ayeka starts to cry as Tenchi talks to Ryoko. Ryoko has noticed Ayeka trying to pull away and knows why. She too feels guilty for making things difficult on Tenchi.

Tenchi: I want you two to understand. I love you both, and I can’t lose either one of you. This contest that you two think you’re in, it’s over. (He gives a weak smile.) The only contest or challenge I have is for you both.

At this, the girls stop trying to pull away.

Tenchi: I will no longer push either one of you away, but that also means that I don’t want you to fight or argue because of me. Can you two try to get along, and live together peacefully, for me?

Ryoko and Ayeka swallow heavily, and look at each other. So far during this week they have not fought once and have even split up time with Tenchi without fighting. A friendship has been growing between them. But Tenchi is asking them to be around each other more.

Ryoko: (Looks back at Tenchi.) You… you said we can’t fight over you…but what if we disagree about other things? (She smiles at Tenchi.)

Tenchi: (Grins) I’m not saying that ending all fights between you will be possible, at least not yet.

That comment makes Ryoko chuckle while Ayeka sighs in disapproval.

Tenchi: As I said, you two will no longer have to be fighting over me. As for other things, I would like you to work them out… peacefully.

Ryoko: Damn.(A hint of defeat is in her voice. Her body slouches a bit.)

This time Ayeka laughs, as Ryoko looks a little disappointed that she no longer has a rival to fight.

Ryoko: Oh Tenchi… (She purrs sweetly.) since you know that I’ve been helping you sleep at night do I have your permission to join you?

Tenchi gulps at this proposal.

Ayeka: (Snaps in a defensive voice.) Miss Ryoko! That is highly inappropriate!

Ryoko: Oh you can join us too… (She says just as sweetly.)

Ayeka: (Laughing) I must be crazy for thinking this, but are you suggesting that a Princess and a pirate will be sharing the same bed?

Washu, Sasami, and Tsunami laugh as well.

Ryoko: Well you can sleep on the floor while we take the bed.(Gives a snicker as she speaks.)

Tenchi: (Shrugs) She won’t have to take the floor.

At this, all laughter stops. Ryoko’s eyes became large in question and Ayeka looks a tad confused.

Tenchi: I guess it will only be a matter of time anyway, but… I would not force either of you out of my… (gulping) my bed.

Ryoko: Really!?(Her voice is ecstatic and her eyes light up like they never have before.)

Tenchi: (Nods) … Though I would ask you to wear something, I’m not ready for… Um, y’know… yet.

Ryoko: (Looking disheartened.) Dammit.

Ayeka: You mean that we can be with you… and you would not force either of us away?

Tenchi: Yes. (In a whisper.) Can you two not only share my love but me?

Both look at each other for a bit. The thought of sharing Tenchi’s bed with each other goes through their minds, disheartening them, but they know that is will make Tenchi happy and know he loves them both. Finally, they nod in agreement.

Washu suddenly speaks up.

Washu: Ya know Tenchi, you might want to talk to your dad about that…something tells me that your little bed will need to be made bigger.

Ryoko: Ah come on mom!(She quickly retorts with a snarky tone.)

At Ryoko calling her mom, Washu begins to tear up. Seeing this, Tsunami lays a hand on her shoulder.

Washu: I… I didn’t say you couldn’t… you will just need to talk to him. Though, I doubt he will say anything against it. He’s been trying to get Tenchi to do this for a long time.

Ryoko suddenly disappears and reappears with her arms around Washu.

Ryoko: Thanks Washu. Now, about that bigger bed…

At this everyone around her laughs.

Tsunami: Tenchi, (Everyone turns to Tsunami.) the dreams may well get worse before they get better. The night is always darkest before the dawn. It may be advisable to have both Ayeka and Ryoko with you in case they do get worse. However, in doing so you are pledging your life to them both. Are you sure about this? (Her expression is solemn as she speaks.)

Tenchi: Huh? What do you mean?

Tsunami: Ayeka is a princess and as such is not allowed to be in the same bed as someone that is not her betrothed. By inviting her to join you, you are hereby pledging yourself to her.

Tenchi gulps and looks at Ayeka who shies away nervously.

Tenchi: So you are saying that I would be engaged to Ayeka?

Tsunami: Yes, but it comes with great responsibility. Will you return to Jurai to claim the throne? With Ayeka as your bride and your birthright, it will be one of your many responsibilities.

Tenchi: (His body slumps as does Ryoko’s.) My right, my responsibility, but will they accept an Earthling as Emperor… or more to the point would they ever accept Ryoko as a Queen?

(Everyone goes silent including Ryoko. Tenchi looks at Ayeka and then Ryoko. A smile appears on his face.)

Tenchi: I can’t lose either of you. If I am pledging myself to one, then I will do the same to the other.

Sasami: So you intend on going to Jurai?

Tenchi: I will have to talk to both of them about it.(He looks at both of his choices.)

Ryoko has tears forming in the corners of her eyes though she does not start crying.

Washu: You know Tenchi, this is what I wanted to talk to you about as well. Since you’re talking about marrying them both, that sort of thing is not allowed in Japan.

If you stay here, you will still have to choose one. But Jurai is not the only planet to allow polygamy!

Ayeka: But… but what about Jurai?

Tsunami: That I can take care of (Grinning)

Tenchi: What do you mean, Tsunami?

Tsunami: Oh nothing.(hides a small giggle.) Sasami, how about you make something special to celebrate their engagement.

Sasami: (Jumps up and heads for the door.) Ok. (Giggles) Tenchi’s getting married!

Washu: (Turns to Tsunami.) Why did you tell her she has to cook?

Tsunami: You know how much Sasami likes cooking for everyone and since Tenchi has started cooking most of the meals lately, Sasami’s been looking for an excuse to cook something special anyway. (Seeing Tenchi’s face.) No need to worry

Tenchi, Noike will be helping her.

Tsunami’s translucent aspect fades away.

Washu: Well, I guess I better get started then. I’ll need to make your room a little larger if we’re going to put a bigger bed in it Tenchi. (Cackles as she walks away.)

Ayeka: (Whispers to Ryoko’s ear semi-quietly.) You know Ryoko, I’m beginning to agree with you. Washu really is crazy.

Ryoko: That’s what I keep trying to tell everyone!

Tenchi: Yeah but I guess I’ll have to get used to calling her Mum instead of Little

Washu. (Ryoko’s head snaps in Tenchi’s direction.) That is if um…if you still uh… want me.

Ayeka: Oh Tenchi…

Ryoko: Huh?(Her eyes enlarge.)

Tenchi: Ayeka… Ryoko… will… will you… marry me?(His voice shakes with anxiety, but he remains strong and composed as he says it.)

Ayeka: (Bursts into tears.) Of course I will Tenchi! (Throws herself on Tenchi hugging him.)

Ryoko: Ha! You couldn’t get rid of me if you tried! (Throws herself on Tenchi and Ayeka, hugging them both. The three get up and head for the door to leave hand in hand. Ryoko on Tenchi’s left and Ayeka on his right.)

Ryoko: Hey Tenchi, since we’re getting married… does this mean you’ll make love with both of us?

Tenchi: I uh… well you see… um…(His face instantly turns red.)

Ayeka: Miss Ryoko! What a question!(Her face turns bright red as well.)

Ryoko: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is gonna be great!

Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka leave the lab.

Washu: So, Tenchi’s finally made his choice, and a wise one at that. But where does that leave me, Little Washu?

?: Sister! Something is wrong!

Washu: Tokimi?(Looks behind her as she hears her sister appear.)

Tokimi: Someone is destroying planets faster than I can rebuild them.

Washu: Are the attacks random?

Tokimi: No, the planets are ones that contain fragments of the sword.

Washu: Then someone’s after us!(With anger and apprehension.)

Tokimi: Yes.(Her voice even more grim.)

Washu: Do they have all the pieces yet?

Tokimi: No. There is but one left, the one left here on Earth.

Washu: So … they’ll be here soon.(Begins pacing back and forth, a hand on her chin.)

Tokimi: Yes sister. It would be wise to get the Masaki family together to combat this menace.

Washu: No! They’re not ready yet. I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone discovered it. But I was hoping Tenchi would be further in his skills!(Grabs her head and growls in frustration.) All we can do is wait and then wait for them to make the next move.

Masaki House: Main room

Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka enter the house to find a typical setting in the Masaki household; Sasami, Noike, Tenyo, and Ryo-Ohki are in the kitchen fixing dinner. Noboyuki and Katsuhito are in the family room sipping tea, and Mihoshi is lounging on the couch fast asleep with her cartoons on.

Tenchi: Can everyone come in here, I have an announcement to make!(He raises his hand as he speaks. His body is flooded with worry about what he is about to say, but he knows it is what he wants and what will make him happy.)

Noike, Sasami, Tenyo, and Ryo-Ohki come out of the kitchen into the family room. Noboyuki and Katsuhito look up from their seats at the table and Washu appears next to Sasami from her lab.

Tenchi: That looks like everybody.

Ryoko: Hang on a sec.(Runs a finger down Tenchi’s cheek.)

Ryoko teleports from beside Tenchi to behind the couch and slaps Mihoshi on the back of the head to wake her up.

Mihoshi: What?! Is it time to eat?(Dazed and rubbing her head where Ryoko hit her, Mihoshi sits up wide awake.)

Noike: Mihoshi!

Ryoko teleports back to Tenchi’s side.

Ryoko: Ok. Now everyone’s here.(Grins deviantly.)

Ayeka: (Chuckles.)

Noboyuki: What’s all the fuss about Tenchi?(In the middle of sipping his tea.)

Sasami: I don’t mean to be rude but is this gonna take long? ‘Cause dinner’s almost done.

Tenchi: It won’t take long Sasami.(Smiles then faces the crowd.) Everyone, I’ve asked both

Ryoko and Ayeka to marry me.

Ryoko and Ayeka: (Hugging Tenchi.) And we said yes.

A wave of dumbstruck silence washes over everybody in the room for several seconds. A drop of sweat forms on Tenchi’s brow.

Noboyuki is the first one to break the silence. He gets up from his seat, tripping over himself in eagerness to get to his son. His face speaks many of the words he is about to say.

Noboyuki: (Patting Tenchi on the back) That a boy Tenchi! I used to be worried that you had never had a date but here you are marrying two beautiful ladies. I’m proud of you Tenchi!

Mihoshi: (Stays silent and her head lowers, some of her blonde hair droops over her face.)

Noike: Congrats. Guess I don’t need to pretend to be your fiancé anymore.(Giggles.)

Sasami: Tenchi’s gonna be my big brother?

Ayeka: Yes, that is correct Sasami.

Ryoko: Hey… don’t forget about me Sasami.

Sasami: That’s right! You’ll be my big sister now huh Ryoko?

Ryoko: You betcha kid. Anything you need that Ayeka won’t get you, come see

me. I’ll be your “cool” sister from now on.(Smiles and points a thumb at herself.)

Ayeka: Sasami, I forbid you to spend any length of time with Ryoko.

Ryoko: Ha ha ha ha ha ha. (Leaning down and whispering.) We’ll talk later Sasami.

Sasami: (Giggles) Ok Ryoko. I’m gonna go finish dinner now.

All of a sudden, Tenchi notices that behind everyone else Tenyo is crying.

Tenchi: Sister? What’s the matter?

Tenyo: (Tears running down her face.) Oh Tenchi, we’ve spent so little time together and already I’m going to be giving you away. Come here you handsome boy!

Tenchi and Tenyo embrace, Tenyo sobbing on Tenchi’s shoulder.

Tenyo: I’m sorry Tenchi. I really am happy for you, even if I don’t look it.(Her voice shaking from crying. Tenchi holds her even tighter.)

Mihoshi quickly gets up and runs out of the room and out of the house. Whimpering is heard outside.

Noike: Oh no…Mihoshi.(Gets up and heads to follow after her old partner.)

Tenchi: (Looks towards the door.) What’s happening?

Washu: (Walks to the door and goes outside to join Noike.) Don’t worry Tenchi …we’ve got this. She’s gonna be just fine. (She smiles at Tenchi as she exits the house.)

Katsuhito: (Clearing his throat.)

Tenchi and Tenyo let go from the long embrace.

Tenchi: Oh Grandpa, guess I’m not just a boy anymore, huh?

Katsuhito: So Tenchi, you think you are ready to take on the responsibility of your own family? Can you protect Miss Ryoko and my sister on your own?

Tenchi: Well since the battle with Z, my powers have increased tenfold so I feel pretty confident.

Katsuhito: Silly boy!(A fearsome look grows about him with a tone of voice to match.) Power is no match for experience! Meet me at the shrine tomorrow morning. We’ll see how good you truly are. If you win then you’ll have my blessing, if not, well … I wouldn’t start celebrating yet.

With that, Katsuhito walks out the front door, slamming it behind him.

Noboyuki: Don’t worry about him Tenchi; he did the exact same thing to me when I proposed to your mom as well.

Tenchi: He did? How’d you beat him?

Noboyuki: Well I didn’t, but when he saw I was good with money, he supposed Kiyone could protect us. (Noboyuki begins laughing.)

Tenchi: (Sighs.)

Exterior. Night-time. On the dock in front of the Masaki house, overlooking the lake.

Mihoshi is sat out on the porch, crying her eyes out. She looks up at the starry night sky, wondering why this has happened to her. Washu and Noike’s footsteps trail up towards her.

Mihoshi: I don’t want to talk! Please…leave me alone…

Noike: (Frowns at Washu.) Mihoshi…You felt something for him I know…but it isn’t all that bad.

Mihoshi: (Looks around quickly at Noike.) He was my destiny! I was so sure! That day he rescued me from that black hole my ship caused… I just… I thought he was…mine.

She continues sobbing. Washu comes up to her and puts her hand on Mihoshi’s shoulder.

Washu: Mihoshi. I know you’re all upset over all this… (Thinks to herself for a second then an idea pops up.) Destiny doesn’t always mean love. It can mean experience, learning, and enlightenment. My destiny was to stay here with Tenchi too, and look at me. Do you see me crying?

Mihoshi looks over at Washu who is making a cute smiley face. Mihoshi starts giggling through her tears.

Washu: Mihoshi. It all comes down to this. He was your destiny. He was the person to give you the boost so you could reach your next opportunities and soar, to find the one destined for you and to do your best for the life you make for yourself.

Noike: Washu is right. My destiny was to come here. I got to meet up with my old partner. Ha (Giggles.) You may have been difficult but it was still enjoyable working with you.

Mihoshi: (Smiles and wipes her tears with the back of her sleeve.) You guys are right. My destiny is to go further than this. Tenchi is happy and I can be happy too. I have such a big road ahead of me and I will have my purpose come to me as long as I follow it.

Washu: Now that that’s settled, I’m starving!

Noike: Agreed.

Mihoshi nods and the three head back inside, dinner is about to be ready.

Sasami: Dinner’s ready!

Ryoko: You go on Tenchi, I’m gonna do some thinking.

And with that Ryoko phases through the roof, leaving Tenchi and Ayeka puzzled.

Tenchi: What was that about, Ayeka?

Ayeka: I don’t know, but she’ll tell us soon enough. Come on, let’s go celebrate.(Takes Tenchi’s hand.)

Tenchi and Ayeka walk into the dining room where everyone else is already seated.

Noboyuki is at his usual place at the far end of the table. On his left is Tenyo, Sasami and Noike the latter two are placing the last dishes onto the table (Their own.). Next to Noike is Mihoshi. At the other end of the table is an empty chair belonging to Katsuhito. Next is Washu, then Ryo-Ohki, followed by three empty chairs saved for the newly engaged trio. Desiring to sit next to both of his fiancés, Tenchi takes the middle seat. Ayeka, having absolutely no wish to be close to Washu, chooses the lesser of two evils and sits next to Noboyuki.

Sasami: Where’s Ryoko?

Tenchi: I’m not sure, she told Ayeka and me to go ahead and that she would be along shortly.

Noboyuki holds his glass in his hand, mouth open as if he had something to say and slumps back down in his chair.

Tenchi: Where’s Grandpa?

Washu: Lord Katsuhito said something about some work he had to do before

tomorrow.

Tenchi: (Sighs, looking down.)

Ayeka: What’s the matter Tenchi? You’re not afraid of brother Yosho are you?

Tenchi: Well, yeah, I am actually. (Tenchi gazes at the ceiling lost in thought.). Even as much as my powers have increased, I’ve never actually beaten Grandpa before.

Ayeka: (Frowns remembering the first time she saw Tenchi practicing with her brother Yosho.) You can do it Lord Tenchi, I believe you can, you just have to have faith in yourself.

Tenchi: (Sighs.) Yeah…

Mihoshi: (Reaching for some noodles.) Well, let’s eat!

Noike grabs Mihoshi’s hand before she gets to the bowl.

Noike: Wait until everyone’s here Mihoshi.(Trying not to yell at her due to what had happened outside.)

Sasami: I wish Ryoko would hurry up, everything’s getting cold.

Washu: Ryoko can fend for herself. Let’s dig in.

Everyone starts filling their plates and they begin to eat. Meanwhile, Ryoko is sitting up on the roof looking at the stars and pondering upon the recent events.

Roof of the Masaki House.

Ryoko: (Oh Tenchi, how I’ve longed for this day. You finally asked.) A smile grows across her face. (You finally asked, a little unorthodox perhaps, but you asked.) Her smile fades. (You also asked Ayeka. But …) Her smile returns. (…I’m still very happy.)

Ryoko gazes at the stars for a minute, savouring her happiness.

Ryoko: (Tenchi, you’ve helped me so much. You set me free from that awful prison, rescued me from Kagato, came after me when Dr. Clay kidnapped me. Even when I tried to save you from Z, you stepped in front of his blade and saved me yet again. Now it’s my turn to help you Tenchi, you’re happiness is threatened by this duel. Even though you have the power Tenchi, you don’t know how to use it, yet.)

Ryoko pauses, remembering all the disasters Tenchi thwarted from the battle with

Kagato up to deflecting the blast from the Chobi Maru.

Ryoko: (It’s all been instinct, never a calculated attack. I’ll need to teach you to harness that power. I’ll need to teach you strategy, but how? It took me a lifetime to master what I know. If only we could slow down time…)

Ryoko pauses, musing upon that last thought.

Ryoko: (Slow down time …)

A look of realisation crosses her face and she exclaims.

Ryoko: That’s it! Washu!

Ryoko phases through the roof in search of Washu. Ryoko floats down into the living room and sees everyone gathered in the kitchen. Then she sees Washu eating and carrying on as the group talks to one another.

Masaki House, Kitchen/Dining Room

Ryoko: (There you are!)

Ryoko floats quickly into the dining room. Seeing his opportunity with all three in the room at the same time, Noboyuki stands up glass in hand.

Noboyuki: Congratulations to the happy three!

Everyone else raises their glasses and shouts. Ryoko freezes in surprise and blushes. She glides to Tenchi’s right side and places her hand lovingly on his shoulder as she leans toward Washu.

Ryoko: (Whispering.) Washu, can I borrow you for a sec… I need to talk to you.

Washu: Oh no little Ryoko, you must call me Mum first! (Giving Ryoko big puppy eyes.)

Ryoko: Okay, Mum (Growling a bit.) can we go talk in your lab?

Washu: Oh I guess, if it won’t take too long. This party’s for you ya know.

Ryoko: I know. Tenchi dear, I’ll be right back. (Bends down and kisses Tenchi on his right cheek.)

Tenchi: Okay, just don’t be too long Ryoko.

With that Ryoko and Washu leave for the lab.

Noboyuki: So Tenchi, have you set a date yet?

Tenchi: (A surprised look strikes his face.) Ha ha ha (Tenchi places his right arm behind his head chuckling.) You know dad, I thought so hard about how I was gonna choose I didn’t even think about when we would do it. I guess some time after graduation. That seems fitting.

Ayeka: Tenchi, can we have it on Jurai?(Leans in close to Tenchi.)

Tenchi: Well, I’d rather have it on Earth. Besides, do you think they’ll let Ryoko back on Jurai?

Ayeka: Well, her warrant ran out and mother disposed of the bill so I guess they would.

Tenchi: Let’s worry about me beating Grandpa first. There’s no reason to celebrate if I can’t beat him.

Ayeka: (Weds her hand with Tenchi’s.) We’ll think of something. Don’t worry.(Her eyes lock with Tenchi’s.)

Washu’s Lab

Washu: Yes, I could. It’s genius Ryoko. I knew you had a good head on your shoulders, even if you refuse to use it. So what will you need? (Cracks her fingers as she begins tying on her holotop.)

Ryoko: Well it’d be great if you could make it just like the house. The shrine,

Tenchi’s training ground, everything.

Washu: (Rapidly typing things into her computer.) I can have it ready in about a half hour. How long will you need?

Ryoko: I think a year should do it.

Washu: Okay, we’ve got about nine hours until sunrise so, I’ll set it so one hour equals forty-three days. That’ll give you your year.

Ryoko: I’ll take it.(Goes to leave the scientist’s lab.)

Washu: How are you gonna convince him?

Ryoko: (Turns back slightly with a confident smile.) With Ayeka’s help.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      NinjaboyMMGN
      Another great read! Loving your work, you get better with each chapter. I like the inclusion of the training, it’s like a prelude to his fight with the main villain of the story.
      Anonymous
      Sorry for the late response but again, your OVA4 continues to be an engaging and great story.

First off I’d like to say that I know it’s hard to continue to keep everything as diplomatically solid as possible when it comes to who “wins” but like I said before, the fact that you are keeping it to Ryoko and Ayeka is fantastic, why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES VYING FOR TENCHI’S LOVE.

They are the only ones who should be “getting” Tenchi at all, and I really liked that you drove this home with the Mihoshi part. Mihoshi being upset is natural, but that’s one thing I think is what’s so wrong with a typical “harem” ending, especially in Tenchi Muyo, is because it’s completely unnatural for that to happen, especially when the only 2 girls who have ever been in “love” with Tenchi, were Ryoko and Ayeka. Mihoshi had a crush on him sure, but that doesn’t constitute getting into a polygamous marriage with him, that devalues every character and the plot in the process if that happens. But more onto that incident, having Washu and Noike there to comfort her just fit.

I think right now that’s the strongest thing you have going for this story is that EVERYTHING feels natural, nothing feels like a finger pushed farther back then it should go, lol

The juggling of the romantic and antagonistic conflict is really great because it keeps the pacing up, there’s never a moment where you sit down and go “Now what?”, It does escalate a bit quickly when Tsunami steps in, but not in a way that is too much, as it’s not info dumping every little aspect of his dreams on us, merely a somber reminder of what’s to come.

I look forward to reading chapter 4, oh, and I think you should stick to “Mom” over “Mum” 😉

NinjaboyMMGN
      Got a date for the release of chapter 4 yet?
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      It should be released sometime in the next few days. I have to edit it extremely since its become a bit harder to do and to make the triage work and remain genuine. Regardless, it should be posted in a few days since I’m closed to finished :Tenchismile:
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      NOTE: I am commenting on a later edition of this chapter than what is posted above. ^^v

This chapter handles primarily the fallout of the choice realized in the previous two chapters, which introduces a tertiary conflict within the household.

The opening to this chapter grabbed my attention right away, as it satisfied one of my issues with Chapter 2, how each of Tenchi’s primary love interests actually react to each other. It was a nice study of Ayeka seeing her emotions race after the conclusion of Chapter 2. For the demure princess, the sequence also seemed appropriate given her pride and self-image. I really enjoyed her portrayal in this chapter.

I did like Ryoko’s reactions overall, particularly the comedic bits about bedding and sleeping arrangements, but I am a bit surprised that she was not reacting with more jealousy toward Ayeka. Admittedly, the lady pirate is likely still on a high from all the positive emotions rushing her way here, and she did once speak of sharing Tenchi with Ayeka in “Night Before the Carnival”. However, compared to Ayeka’s moment of inner turmoil, Ryoko took the inclusion of the princess very easily.

Similarly, while I appreciate relegating Mihoshi’s affections for Tenchi to a mere crush, she flipped back to “happy” rather quickly. This might have been a good time for some introspection for Mihoshi, much like you had for Ayeka, analyzing the blonde’s reasons for staying and her feelings toward Tenchi. I do applaud using Washu and Noike for her support, and they did make valid points for her situation.

Katsuhito’s challenge came rather suddenly, and his point is quite clear. Tenchi has never really learned to use his abilities, nor has he fully thought through the decision he has just made. Kicking Tenchi’s ass in a duel could force the boy to reflect on these things, though it is a bit obtuse from Katsuhito’s abruptness. Then again, he has been known to be less than forthcoming with information.

I did like the slight mention of the impending doom between Washu and Tokimi. That bit of tease has me interested in what will be developing overall in the near future.

As a whole, I enjoyed the chapter and found the comedic bits a welcome relief to the rather heavy emotional content that could have easily overwhelmed this chapter.

Nil Admirari
      none
      Chapter 3 has served its audience extremely well, delivering the long-desired wish fulfillment upon the two characters of the love triangle who have been dying to be told he loves them as well as to the fans who have been waiting for this day longer than those two have. It’s almost as if we’re the ones stuck in Washu’s time-dilation machine!

And rather wisely we see the other females in the house affected by his decision. It’s a fact of life that hearts will be broken when the axe is to fall and not everyone was going to come out of this with a wedding ring. Washu playfully pushes her involvement aside, still taking the time to bring it up as she does have some minor stake she would like to claim with him. Tenyo, while not romantically interested, has to come to terms with sharing heart-space with Ryoko and Ayeka. Mihoshi, god bless her, is hurt by the decision but comes to terms with it thanks to Washu and Noike’s reasonable assurances. I feel perhaps the last one was resolved too quickly even for Mihoshi’s ADHD standards though it was great to see it touched upon regardless.

Nobuyuki’s reactions to the news were also something I have been waiting a long time for. After all…

http://i.minus.com/ibnz2i9h4fFnVa.gif" />

Who wouldn’t want to have more of that? He’s a good man who just wants what’s best for his son. I doubt he thought he’d ever see him getting with two lovely ladies at the same time!

Overall a very gleeful chapter with the looming weight of the trials that await Tenchi over his decision. Jurai – could his decision truly split the fleet apart? There is no way they will accept Ryoko as Queen after what she had done and they’re sure to not forget who Tenchi is and where he has come from. What about the enemies he will surely make? Grandpa is seeing to it that his grandson is truly ready for what he is asking for. What about the force destroying whole planets faster than Tokimi can piece the lego bricks back together?

Well, what about it indeed? So we shall find out.

ookamilord
      Participant
      i really enjoyed it. i agree that mihoshi does not need to be with tenchi in the sense of a wife. for the longest time i always thought that mihoshi and tenchi’s relationship was more of a sibling than a lover
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.