OVA 4: Chapter 4

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 4

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Here it is guys, Chapter 4 ^^ Enjoy after my large time of editing, Chapter 5 is nearly done also so it won’t be so long a wait

Ryoko teleports out of the lab and reappears in the empty chair next to Tenchi. The conversations amidst the dinner table are still underway, ranging from how great the food is, to the upcoming marriage between the Prince and his two newly chosen fiancées.

Ryoko: (Leans in and presses against Tenchi) Miss me?

Tenchi: (smiles a bit) Always. Why don’t you eat something Ryoko?

Ryoko: (smiles, her voice warm and content) Good idea.

Ryoko fills her plate and gorges herself in the huge dinner that was made for the celebration of the newly engaged three. Ayeka during mid-sip of her tea darts her eyes to Ryoko and sighs angrily at the poor etiquette that Ryoko is using.

Ryoko: (Speaking between mouthfuls) Ayeka … when I’m done … I need to … talk to you … about something.

Ayeka: Alright, but will you quit with the horrible manners?! (Ayeka’s violet eyes glare at Ryoko, who doesn’t cease her eating.)

Two minutes later. The voices have escalated higher due to everyone being finished and full from the dinner, allowing them put their focus to conversing.

Ryoko: Ahhhhh, that was good.(puts her hands behind her head, cupping a spike of her cyan hair, her eyes go to Ayeka) Okay, let’s go in the front room.

Tenchi: (Raises a finger to ask a question) Um …

Ryoko: (Rubs Tenchi’s cheek) Don’t worry, we’ll be back soon.

Ryoko and Ayeka leave the dining room and head out to the front room; away from earshot of the small crowd.

Ryoko: How’s he doing?(peers over past Ayeka to get a glimpse of the prince sitting with his head drooped, deep thought was obvious all over his face.)

Ayeka: Well to say he’s nervous about the duel with brother Yosho would be an understatement.(turns her head as to see Tenchi out of the corner of her eye)

Ryoko: Yeah, that’s what I figured. I’ve got a plan though.(Smiles and begins to explain with her hands gesturing in accordance to her words) Washu has this machine that can slow down time. It will give us a year to train Tenchi.

Ayeka: We don’t have a year, we only have until tomorrow Ryoko!

Ryoko: It will only take until tomorrow.(Puts a hand on her hip, confidence in her posture.)

Ayeka: I knew it, you really are a crazy, devil woman.(cocks her head upward, her eyes closed and huffs at what seems to be a ridiculous idea)

Ryoko: Look, do you want Yosho to send you home?(puts a finger to Ayeka’s purple outfit’s shoulder)

Ayeka: (Quickly replies with a hint of nervousness, lowering her head back to Ryoko’s level) Well no, of course not.

Ryoko: If you love Tenchi and you’ve ever trusted me even a small amount, I’m telling you, you have to trust me now.

Ayeka: All…(sighs) alright, I’ll help.

Ryoko: Good.(nods)

Washu opens the door to her lab and sticks her head out from the gap of darkness that led to her lab.

Washu: I’m done ladies.

Ryoko: Okay, let’s go get Tenchi.

Washu disappears back into her lab while Ryoko and Ayeka go into the dining room to get Tenchi.

Ryoko: (Purrs at a fairly high volume.) Ohhhhhhhh Tenchi.

Tenchi: (His voice tinged with a hint of apprehension at Ryoko’s tone.)Uh-oh. Yes.

Ryoko: (Wraps her arms around Tenchi and brings her face close to his.) Say goodnight Tenchi. We have some things to do before tomorrow.

Tenchi: Oh that, uh … (Frantically he looks around the table to get someone to help him escape the physical part of courting, which he had been hoping to put off a little longer. He meets his gaze with Tenyo who just nods. A little relieved since Tenyo hadn’t steered him wrong yet, Tenchi gets up). Well, goodnight everybody.

Everyone: Goodnight.(Raises their glasses as a wave goodbye. The conversations carry on as usual among the group)

Tenyo: Take care of him girls.(She smiles and giggles a bit.)

Ayeka: We will, come on Tenchi.(Her and Ryoko have firm grips on Tenchi’s hands.)

Tenchi fears they are heading upstairs, his body tenses up at the thought that they were forcing him. He never even said he was ready or anything. As the swaying of cyan and violet hair stops as well as his two fiancées, he notices that they haven’t stopped at the stairs like he had thought. Instead they stationed themselves at Washu’s door.

Tenchi: Are we saying goodnight to Washu too?(anxiety wreathing his words a bit)

Ryoko: Not exactly.(shakes her head, her golden eyes have the message of some kind of plan was being played underway)

Ryoko opens the door and goes in dragging Tenchi behind her. Tenchi didn’t like going into Washu’s lab often do to the many tests she would try to pull on him. He struggles against the space pirate’s firm grip.

Tenchi: Wait, no, Ryoko! (struggling to pull away)

Ayeka: Trust us Tenchi.

Tenchi stops fighting and sighs. Confused about the situation although the look in Ayeka’s eyes was reassuring just as Tenyo’s was that nothing was going to happen that he would be offended by, he quits putting up his fight on Ryoko’s grasp.

Tenchi: Okay.(Sighs and grunts with hesitation.)

The door closes behind them. Washu meets them in the lab where a new machine had been built. Amongst all of the inventions it was the only one that was in use due to the priority of the situation the three were in. The part of the lab they were in was well lit, however other areas that held the many other inventions of the mad scientist were dark with disuse, as well as covered blankets to seclude any of her failed contraptions and experiments.

Washu: Hello Tenchi! (Laughs manically.)

Tenchi: (Starts fidgeting awkwardly under her gaze.) Hello little Washu.

Washu: Nope, it’s Mom now, that goes for all of you.(Points to the three in a swooping motion.)

Ryoko and Ayeka fidget nervously.

Tenchi: All right… um… Mom,(Pauses awkwardly) what’s going on?

Washu: (Tears well up in her eyes.) Oh Tenchi you called me … Mom! Step right this

way my new children.

Washu leads them back to the new part of the lab so the newest invention could be seen in full perspective. The many tubes along the base of the giant cylindrical machine let off bits of steam in the process of powering this new creation, making the air slightly warmer in its vicinity. The machine has the look of the cold chrome cobalt blue of many of the inventions Washu constructed but the base where what seemed to be the entrance looked like a normal door. Lights flashed at the top as the machine made its whirring and clanging noises.

Washu: Well here it is.(Her face holding a smile big enough light up the entire lab itself)

Tenchi: What is it Washu?

Ryoko: Well Tenchi, I’m gonna train you on how to use your powers better before your duel tomorrow, but I need more time so … Washu built this device that will slow down time so we can get a year’s training done by tomorrow.

Washu: I call it, the Time Saver.(Presents it in an epic fashion.)

Tenchi: I don’t know.(The prince shakes his head slightly, not being too trustworthy on Washu’s invention)

Ayeka: (Softly pleas.) Please Tenchi, Ryoko and I are so happy with this new life we’re starting and we don’t want to lose it before it has a chance to even begin.

Tenchi: (Thinks hard on it and realizes he doesn’t want to lose it either. He doesn’t want to lose either of them and he would do anything in his power to ensure the happiness of all three.) Well, alright. (Sighs) Let’s go.

Ryoko: Alright! You first Ayeka. (Turns her head to Washu while speaking)

Ayeka: Come on Lord Tenchi.

Ayeka grabs Tenchi’s hand and they walk into the door of Time Saver.

Ryoko: (Before walking in, Ryoko quickly jumps to Washu and forces out a pointing finger at Washu with a fierce look in her eyes.) Don’t let Mihoshi anywhere near this thing.

Washu: I’ll try to keep her away, but you know what Little Miss Police officer is like.(Looks away with an expression of distaste she always has when Mihoshi is present.)

Ryoko: Let’s just hope nothing goes wrong.(Smiles slightly, a touch of apprehension spoiling her otherwise happy mood.)

Ryoko starts to enter the chamber. She takes a deep breath for the year of training that awaits Tenchi. She knows that this session of training will be the deciding factor on how things will be from then on. It was time to assume the new roles and the future of the household that was to come.

Washu: Ryoko …

Ryoko: Yeah? (Turns her head around to face the scientist.)

Washu: Be careful, and take care of them. (A look of seriousness appears on of her face, signaling something is known to Washu but not to Ryoko.)

Ryoko: (Confused as to why she said to take care of them but realizes not to question it, she nods.) You bet I will. And Washu…Thank you for this.

With that, Ryoko turns around and shuts the door behind her. Washu activates the machine and inputs its settings as she sits on her floating chair.

Washu: (Looks up at the ceiling, her hands behind her head. Many thoughts of what is to come race through her mind) Guess there’s nothing to do now but wait.

The next thing Tenchi sees is the front room of his own house. He turns around and sees the all too familiar door under the stairs that leads to Washu’s lab. He turns back around and looks at Ayeka with a great deal of confusion written all over his countenance. His house looked no different from earlier, apart from it being the afternoon instead of nighttime. Nothing was out of place at all although everything was quiet.

Tenchi: Um … Ayeka, did you guys play a trick on me, because we’re back in the house I think.

Ayeka: (Smiles.) No, we’re in the Time Saver. No one is here but you and me.

Ryoko: (Quickly says.)Hey, don’t forget about me.

Ryoko closes the door behind her after emerging into the chamber. The three now were inside of this dimension that was going to be where Tenchi would gain his ability and self-confidence to beat his grandfather and keep the two women that he loved dearly.

Ryoko: Now Tenchi, even though this place is just like home, don’t fall into your old routine. We’ve got to do as much training as we can. (Hits a fist into her left hand.)

Tenchi: (Gulps.) Uh … okay.

Ryoko: (Smirks, loving the fact she’s in control to an extent) Let’s go outside and get started then.

Ryoko opens the front door and leads the group outside. Tenchi follows with Ayeka behind. The three walk past the Shinto shrine and down the small path in the woods along the countryside. The air was crisp and cool against Tenchi’s skin just as it should be in the autumn. There seemed to be no birds though, the only sound was the nearby lake and the wind that kept itself at a gentle breeze. Tenchi spotted something strange in the distance, something out in the farther hills that looked like the air was distorting. He guessed that it was probably where the dimension ended and was just a holographic barrier, much like old movie sets having a fake background. Finally, they arrive at Tenchi’s training grounds.

Tenchi: (Sighs.) Great, more of Grandpa’s training.

Ryoko: Nope.(Her golden eyes dart to the prince.) Tenchi, do you have the sword?

Tenchi: Yeah. It’s right here. (Tenchi pulls the hilt of the sword out of his jacket.)

Ryoko: Good! Defend yourself!

Ryoko rushes Tenchi creating her blade and bringing it down on him with hostile force. Tenchi dodges to the right as a reflex and puts his own blade, the Master Key, up to Ryoko’s throat. His body makes a natural firm stance, simply on instinct.

Tenchi: Wow, I can’t believe I did that.(His eyes widen in surprise.)

Ryoko: (Smiles) That was pretty good Tenchi, much better than the day we first met.

Tenchi: (Disengages the Master Key and scratches his head in a shy fashion.) Yeah, I guess I really have gotten more powerful, huh.

Ryoko: (Makes her blade disappear.) Yep, but you’re still only fighting on instinct.

Tenchi: I wonder if it’s enough to beat Grandpa. (Tenchi disengages the Master Key)

Ayeka: Tenchi, Yosho is a veteran of many battles. While I am impressed with your abilities (Shakes her head) his cunning will outmatch your skill.

Ryoko: Exactly! And that’s what we’re here for Tenchi. Your skills and power are far greater than your grandfather’s. He knows this, but he also knows that you have no battle strategy. You don’t know how to size up your opponent and attack their weaknesses, or how to consciously link your attacks together. For that, there’s no better teacher than yours truly. So Tenchi, (Ryoko ignites her blade again.) for starters let’s work on chaining your moves together. I’ll attack slowly and you defend, but I want you to commit to memory these combos I show you. When you get a little more experienced you’ll be able to link ‘em together without even thinking.

Tenchi: Okay. (Activates the Master Key.)

Ryoko: The first one is up, right, up (Ryoko performs the combo as she speaks, bringing her orange blade onto an invisible opponent for demonstration.) The next is right, left, right, right, chest. The last one is up, up, right. Now you try.

Tenchi: Right. (Tenchi performs these connected movements as Ryoko did. His movements are faulty at best but decent for someone trying something new.)

Ryoko: (her eyes stay on Tenchi) Again!

Tenchi performs the same chains again, trying to recover his faultiness in his technique a bit with each swing. Ryoko nods a bit.

Ryoko: One more time, come on!

Tenchi: Right! (performs it just as Ryoko commands, each swing having more power as well as Tenchi’s voice behind it. He scuffs the ground a few times with the energy emitting from the master key)

Ryoko: Good, that about sums up the basic attacks. Defense is mostly instinctive and yours are good. It just takes practice to perfect all the ways you can defend. So through our training you’ll develop your own kind of defense. Now to strategy. If your opponent attacks you mostly from a distance with energy like Ayeka, you’ll want to get in close because it’s likely that they’re not as good at close combat.

Ayeka: (Blushes at Ryoko’s reference to her weakness.) Please, I could easily beat you.

Ryoko: (Chuckles) No disrespect princess but you can’t. Don’t get me wrong, you have some mean energy attacks that are even better than mine, but you’re no match for me when I get in close. Now Tenchi, just the opposite applies if your opponent rushes in. Get some distance and knock them senseless with energy attacks. Now some fighters develop their strength most. While they may be able to beat you with one blow, their no match against someone with any kind of speed.

Tenchi: So if I develop my speed, no one will be able to touch me?

Ryoko: That’s true Tenchi, but if you hit them and it only feels like a tickle you’ve accomplished nothing.

Tenchi: So what should I focus on? (Limbers himself up as he speaks.)

Ryoko: The best fighters are fast and powerful, you need the best of both. Okay Tenchi, I’m coming at you again. This time try to observe my moves, find my weaknesses and then exploit them. I’m not making this easy for you this time.

Tenchi: Okay Ryoko, I’m ready.(His eyes gleam with concentration.)

Ryoko: Haaahhhh!

Ryoko charges at Tenchi and then teleports behind him. Tenchi just barely ducks under Ryoko’s swing and rolls out of her reach. She charges him again this time aggressively attacking Tenchi with her slices and slashes. The prince staggers with each hit trying to keep his standing and then finds an opening in her defense; she doesn’t focus too much on her lower defense it seems. Tenchi looked up and he wasn’t fast enough at his read and he dodged Ryoko’s attack just barely, making him jump back and fall. He leaps off of the ground and charges at her with the combos he had learned, slicing away at her blade. She makes a few flurries at him that seem to show sign she is weakening. He jumps back at her and hits her blocks more, the look in her eyes ferocious and concentrated. Sweat gleams down both fighters’ faces. Then all of a sudden he smiles and winks at Ryoko. Ryoko backs up and charges with a loud battle cry, bringing her blade down hard on Tenchi who dodges to the left and sweeps Ryoko’s feet out from under her. He then quickly points his blade at her throat.

Ryoko: Good Tenchi, very good. (Ryoko dissolves her sword. Her eyes light up with surprise at her being bested.) That’s enough for today.

The blade of the Master Key disappears and Tenchi places the hilt back in his pocket. He then extends his hand down to Ryoko to help her up. Both are sweating and Tenchi’s breath is quick as he felt more ferocity and survival skill needed in that fight. He broke a sweat the first day, and that was merely warm up for most of the training they would do for the next year. A little surprised, Ryoko smiles at him before she grabs his hand.

Ryoko: I’ve got you now! (She pulls him down to her.)

Tenchi: Whoa! (Tenchi crashes on top of Ryoko)

Ryoko then rolls on top of Tenchi, straddling his stomach and pinning down his wrists with her hands, her hair slightly damp and glistening in the afternoon sun. All the while the two are laughing. Ryoko leans down and kisses Tenchi on the lips. Her damp Cyan man, covering their faces a bit.

Ryoko: (Rising up a little after her kiss) Mmmm, that was tasty.

Ayeka: Ah-hem!(A strong hint of hostility in her voice.)

Ryoko: What’s the matter princess, jealous?(Her eyes look to the princess in the distance.)

Ayeka: Of course I am!(Clenching her fists, she glares at the former space pirate.)

Ryoko: (Her tone turns seductive and sultry.) We’ll have plenty to do this evening..

Tenchi: Now hold it right there! (Tenchi grabs Ryoko’s wrist and flips her over his head onto her back. He then back flips landing on Ryoko pinning her down the same way she’d done to him)

Ryoko: Oh Tenchiiii. I’m sorry, did you want to be on top?(She giggles playfully.)

Tenchi: Ryoko, I don’t mind your teasing but listen to me. We’ll do that when I’m ready, okay?

Ryoko: Okay. …Are you ready now?

Tenchi: (Smiles and shakes his head) Not yet, but soon.

Ayeka starts feeling left out, she lowers her head down and starts to walk away slowly. Her eyes hidden by her violet fringe brim with tears at the edges.

Tenchi: I feel the same way about you Ayeka.(He looks to his other betrothed in the distance.)

With that statement, Ayeka stops and raises her head.

Tenchi: (His voice and visage are sincere and calm.) Remember, the three of us do everything together. No separate relationships, one happy marriage.

Tenchi gets up off Ryoko and pulls her to her feet. They walk hand in hand to Ayeka. Then Tenchi puts his free arm around Ayeka.

Tenchi: (In a bright voice.) Now let’s go get something to eat. I’ll cook!

With that the three walked arm in arm back to the simulated replica of the Masaki family house. Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka all sit quietly at the table. Tenchi always likes perfect quiet while he’s cooking.

Tenchi: (Reaches out and uncovers the plates of food.) Let’s eat.

The three fill their plates and begin eating. The group pretty much ate their dinner in silence. There was none of the bickering that Tenchi had become so accustomed to. He was actually enjoying the silence until he realized what came after dinner, bed. Tenchi had been dodging Ryoko’s attempts to get him in bed for what seemed like forever and though he was beginning to open up to the idea of spending the night with his fiancés, to say he was nervous was an understatement. He never even noticed his fidgeting until the girls pointed it out.

Ayeka: Lord Tenchi, are you all right?

Tenchi: Me? Ah, yeah, fine.(Looks down)

Ryoko: Nervous Tenchi?

Tenchi: (Blushing) Nervous? Me? What about?

Ryoko: (Grinning slyly.) This evening activities .. (Rubbing her finger on Tenchi’s arm)

Ayeka: Ryoko! Stop that! Lord Tenchi said he’d tell us when he’s ready.

Ryoko: Well, how ‘bout it Tenchi? You ready? (Batting her eyelashes.)

Tenchi: Uhhhh … I … um.

Ryoko: Come on Tenchi. I promise it’ll be worth your while.(Her voice becoming more and more sensual)

Tenchi: (Sighs) Truth be told Ryoko, I am nervous.

Ryoko: Don’t worry, I’ll take care of everything.

Tenchi: I’m sorry Ryoko. I’m just not ready yet.

Ryoko lowers her head feeling defeated.

Tenchi: I’ll compromise though,(Gulps deeply.) I’ll let the two of you sleep in my bed.

Ryoko: Alright, that’s a good enough start I suppose.(Smiles again and lifts her head back up.)

Ayeka: (looks away nervously and backs up a bit from the table)

Tenchi: What’s wrong, Ayeka? (his eyes on his princess)

Ayeka: (Holding her hands together) I can’t…do that (she shakes her head) You don’t know what kind of dishonor it would bring if something happened.

Tenchi: (rises from the table and walks over to Ayeka, placing his hands on her trembling arms) Nothing is going to happen, and you know it won’t.

Ayeka: (her eyes keep away from her betrothed, feeling ashamed) Tenchi, if we were to sleep in the same bed, I would have a stigmata in my nobility and there would be so many problems…

Ryoko: Well, it’s not like anyone is here to spot it out. (shrugs her shoulders) Don’t be a stick in the mud, Ayeka.

Tenchi: (quickly counter’s Ryoko’s response) Ryoko, she isn’t used to the idea of having this happen, she may need to ease into it more first. Besides…My inhibitions are similar to hers if you think about it.

Ryoko gazes at her love with concern. His brown eyes meeting hers shows that he genuinely cares for Ayeka as well. She can’t forget that he chose them both and needs them both to be happy, even if she has to compromise some of her wants for the time being. Ayeka would need to be married to Tenchi before anything intimate would happen with either of them, and that meant Ryoko would wait as well.

Ryoko: Alright, I understand. (looks away a bit disheartened but turns her head back around) We can stay in your room though can’t we?

Ayeka: I guess that could be a start, for me personally. (nods her head)

Tenchi: I’m okay with that (warmly smiles). Besides, we’ll have to do it sometime. At least this way I can ease myself into it. We both can (his eyes turn to Ayeka now)

Ryoko: Well let’s go to bed then. We’ve got an early start tomorrow.

Tenchi: (Getting up from the table.) Alright.

Ayeka: Go on Lord Tenchi, Ryoko and I will wash the dishes and be up in a minute.

Ryoko opened her mouth to speak but Ayeka cut her off.

Ayeka: No buts Ryoko. Lord Tenchi cooked, the least we can do is clean up.

Ryoko: (Muttering under her breath.) Alright, alright.

Tenchi: Okay, see ya soon.

Tenchi leaves the front room to go upstairs while Ayeka and Ryoko take the dishes to the kitchen.

Ryoko: There’s not that many dishes Ayeka, you can handle them right? (Sets down the plates she grabbed next to the sink.)

Ayeka: (Setting the other dishes down next to Ryoko’s pile and points to the pirate.) Stop right there Ryoko!

Ryoko: But Ayeka…

Ayeka: Please, just listen.

Ryoko: (Crossing her arms.) Oh alright.

Ayeka: I’m about to be more honest with you than I’ve ever been before. I love Tenchi with all my being …

Ryoko: So do I!(Puts a hand over her heart.)

Ayeka: Please let me finish.

Ryoko uncrosses her arms and slumps her shoulders.

Ayeka: I know you love him, maybe even more than I do, but that’s not the point. (Begins washing the first dish.) Lord Tenchi said he wants us to get along, and for him I’m willing to make a try at this. But you have to meet me in the middle. (She rinses off the first dish and holds it out towards Ryoko.)

Ryoko hesitates for a minute and considers what Ayeka said. Tenchi did want them to get along and it was only fair that her and the princess at least try to compromise and help each other out in whatever came to them. Ryoko then grabs the dish from Ayeka and begins to dry it.

Ayeka: Thank you Ryoko.(smiles)

Ryoko: (Places the dish in the cabinet.) Okay so what exactly are we talking about?

Ayeka: Well for starters, I need your help with the chores around the house.

Ryoko: Ok, Ok but life’s not all about chores ya know.

Ayeka: Deal.

Ryoko: What do you mean “deal”?(Raises an eyebrow in question.)

Ayeka: Think about it, Lord Tenchi said that he loved your free spirit and my discipline. If we learn from each other there’s no way he could love one more than the other. I’ve never told anyone this before Ryoko, but I’ve always admired that spirit of yours. (Handing the last dish to Ryoko, a slight blush falling across her face.)

Ryoko: Yeah?

Ayeka: Yes, so do you think we can do this?

Ryoko: I don’t know, we’ll have to see. (Placing the last dish in the cabinet and then smiling at Ayeka.)

Ayeka: (Nodding) Good enough.

Ryoko: Let’s go get Tenchi!

The girls turn off the lights and go upstairs. Ryoko reaches out to open Tenchi’s door and stops.

Ayeka: What’s the matter Ryoko?

Ryoko: (Shudders and hesitates, apprehension engulfs her being.) Do you think… Do you think Washu rigged his door like she did that one night?

Ayeka: (Remembering the night she and Ryoko took a late night swim for not knocking.) Eeeh. Better knock just in case.

Ryoko knocks.

Tenchi: Come on in.

Ryoko opens the door and enters followed by Ayeka. They see Tenchi sitting up in bed, leaning against his headboard. It seemed that Washu had made a bigger bed for if the three decided to do anything of the provocative sort ahead of time. It was rather embarrassing but at least they had it for when the time came. Two bedrolls lay close to the edges of the new bigger bed all ready for the princess and pirate.

Tenchi: (Yawns) I thought you two would never get here, everything okay?(Looks at both his fiancées.)

Ayeka: Fine Lord Tenchi, we were just having a talk that’s all.

Tenchi: Ryoko?

Ryoko: Never better Tenchi my dear.

Tenchi: Well I guess you guys should get ready for bed. I know I’m beat.

Ayeka: Oh no.(Covers her mouth slightly)

Tenchi: What’s the matter?

Ayeka: I didn’t bring anything else. I have nothing to wear.(blushes)

Tenchi: Check your room, my drawers were full of clothes.

Ayeka: Okay, be back soon.

Ayeka leaves to go get her clothes. Her footsteps lightly treading down the hallway.

Ryoko: Glad I sleep naked. (Throws off her clothes.)

Tenchi: Ahh! Ryoko! (Nose starts to bleed and he slumps down in his bed.)

Ryoko: Oh, I’m sorry Tenchi. (Leaves his room in a rush and comes back with a tissue) Here. (Climbs on the bed and kneels down next to Tenchi.)

Tenchi: (Reaches out for the tissue.) Oh man, thanks Ryoko I’ll get it.

Ryoko: No, let me do it. (Dabs Tenchi’s nose, then applies pressure to it) You know Tenchi, we’ve got to get you over these nosebleeds.

Tenchi: I know, please be patient Ryoko. Do you think maybe for now you could sleep in one of my shirts? (his eyes point to his drawers)

Ryoko: (Giggles) Okay Tenchi. Just for you.

Ayeka comes back in the room wearing a nice silver nightgown and sees Ryoko on Tenchi.

Ayeka: What happened? Is he okay Ryoko? (She rushes in as she speaks.)

Ryoko: He’s fine, just one of his nosebleeds. (Removes the tissue to see if the bleeding stopped.) There, all better. (She leans down and kisses Tenchi’s nose.) If you don’t mind Ayeka, I’ll take the bedroll that lays facing toward the rest of the room rather than the wall so I’ll sleep over here. (Ryoko gets up and goes over to Tenchi’s drawers grabbing a black t-shirt she liked.)

Ayeka: Okay, I guess that puts me next to the wall.

Ayeka walks over to the bedroll and lays down slightly, letting herself ease into relaxing. Tenchi lies on his back holding both arms behind his head. Ryoko lies on her left facing Tenchi’s direction. Likewise, Ayeka lies on her right side. Tenchi quickly gets up and kisses both Ryoko and Ayeka on their cheeks, then they lay their heads down; their eyes fluttering closed. Ryoko then telekinetically turns off the light and brings Tenchi’s covers up to his face.

Ryoko and Ayeka: I love you Tenchi Masaki.

Tenchi: (Relaxed and content, Tenchi warmly replies) I love you too, Ryoko and Ayeka.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      As always Shadows, it continues to get better and better!

When you mentioned the “Time Saver” like device, the first thing I thought of, of course, was the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ, but unlike that one, you are focusing on them actually living in it, which is awesome.

Like I’ve mentioned before I like the actual “feel” of the story because even though it feels right out of the early OVA/Universe, it still has its own original charm of having a “maturing” Tenchi Masaki.

Ryoko and Ayeka are spot on as always, I don’t have anything to add there, they act exactly how I expect them to.

Overall, keep it up! I’m not sure how long you intend to draw out the “Time Saver Arc” (if you will) but I imagine that line about Mihoshi will come into play soon 😉

Can’t wait for chapter 5!

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      This chapter centers almost exclusively on the beginning of the triangle engagement between Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka resulting from the end of the previous chapter.

This chapter was a welcome change as the attention was placed exclusively on the main three and their budding intimacy. This drastically reduced the number of characters to juggle, which allowed for more depth of each player’s thoughts and emotions.

This was felt best in the tension between Ryoko and Ayeka, which finally had more focused consideration. A priori, compromises between the two seemed inevitable, and this chapter delivers the pair actually discussing this topic more at length. Much like the last chapter, these two have a mature conversation about how they will work together for the benefit of all. Also, this chapter showed how wide the gulf between the two of them currently is: Ryoko’s very physical sword drills and flirtatious seduction attempts compared to Ayeka’s less aggressive and more apprehensive stance on desire.

The boon from their disparate natures is that Tenchi becomes the negotiator between the two. Tenchi has a couple moments where he has to be actively inclusive to his other mate, Ayeka when Ryoko is rolling with him on the ground and Ryoko when Ayeka and he are apprehensive about bedding arrangements. While his role has typically been the peacemaker, that role is evolving now that the Contest has ended.

Needless to say, this chapter was quite enjoyable between the development of the trio, as well as the comedy as they tread into the more intimate. The Time Saver gimmick is not too dissimilar from the Room of Spirit and Time in Dragonball and basically serves to put the other two active conflicts on hold for the moment. The opening the chapter does allude to both, the duel with Katsuhito being the entire reason for this jaunt into accelerated spacetime.

I am interested to see how the relationship will develop during this compressed year. It seems off to a good start, though naturally rocky. It was refreshing to see that all is not perfect in this relationship at first, like any pair/group of newlyweds.

Nil Admirari
      none
      While i’m certainly a little saddened the rest of the household is gone (for the time being), Chapter 4 sets up a large time frame for Tenchi to live with his two betrothed loves without external pressure or interruption. This presents us with more intimate (no not that kind Ryoko, settle down) scenes for the three to develop their relationship together. In a way, I’m reminded of the mature Ayeka and Ryoko living scenario in TMiL2 – putting aside their differences while still occasionally batting at each others’ heels all for the man they love.

Not much to say in the way of critical feedback, perhaps that Ayeka was too trusting of Ryoko and Washu’s plan too soon with not enough details. She’s seen enough of Washu’s experiments go wrong to possibly warrant further inspection into the idea before agreeing to drag Tenchi into some contraption. But a minor hitch in the overall plot and for pacing reasons still works to have her agree almost without delay.

But will home life for our three lovebirds continue to go so well? What can go wrong, will go wrong. Will it?

ookamilord
      Participant
      another great chapter
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.