OVA 4: Chapter 6

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction OVA 4: Chapter 6

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Just to point out, in this chapter I have switched my tensing to past tense since it is more of a natural flow for my novel writing and I find it the better way to present my long amounts of detail. This is more or less experimental and as to whether I stay in this format or not will be up to the readers ^^. Again thanks to Ll for his editing and here it is. Chapter 6

Meanwhile, back at the Masaki House, all was quiet. Everyone was asleep, Mihoshi as passed out at her computer and Noike asleep in her bed. All but Sasami who tossed and turned throughout the night, her sleep upset by nightmares. In her dream she saw Tokimi fighting with someone. Sasami doesn’t recognise the stranger. He was wearing black pants over a pair of black boots, an unbuttoned ashen overcoat that revealed a blood red garment on top of a white battle outfit. A black fingerless glove covered each hand. Sasami couldn’t see his face very well but she did make out that the stranger had rather spiky white hair of medium length and two bangs that came down symmetrically over his forehead. His eyes were a crimson red that burned with anger and fierceness. His face looked familiar, but Sasami did not know where from. In his right hand was the object of Tokimi’s horror, a sword, with a four pronged, crimson hilt. The blade was blacker than anything Sasami had ever seen before, darker than night itself.

?: You won’t rule my destiny! False God!

Tokimi: No! Please! You don’t know what you’re doing. You’ll kill millions!

?: I care not for this dimension or any other! I will become the true God that you and your sisters have sought! I will restore my planet to its once great standing! I cannot destroy you without the Gem of Kagabe! But I can kill you in this form!

Sasami: No! Tokimi!

The stranger charged at Tokimi and Sasami woke up.

Sasami: Tokimi! (Sasami breathed heavily) Tsunami, what was that?

Tsunami: (Her voice and face were grim) What we’ve feared for ages. We must find Washu.

Sasami: Okay.

A little shaky, Sasami got out of bed and crept downstairs to Washu’s Lab. Sasami opened the door and stepped inside.

Sasami: Washu! Where are you Washu! Washuuu! (The small girl started to sob)

Washu: What’s the matter Sasami? (She appeared behind her)

Sasami: Washu, I had a dream.(Turning around, she grabbed the front of the scientist’s uniform)

Washu: Ah, I see, what was it about Sasami? (In a comforting voice)

Sasami: Some strange man was attacking Tokimi. He said something about becoming a god and the Gem of Kagabe.

Washu: This must be the one Tokimi was talking about. (Telepathically she messaged her Chousin sister “Tokimi, the time has come hasn’t it?”)

Washu received no reply. Her eyes widened and she gritted her teeth.

Washu: Tsunami, see if you can reach her.

Tsunami: She has only just re-entered this dimension. She is on her way.

Tokimi appeared next to Washu. Her translucent figure floated along in the air.

Tokimi: Sisters! He is coming!

Washu: Who?

Tsunami: (Her voice fierce) The one Sasami and I saw in that dream.

Tokimi: He’s reforged the sword and found the others… and only lacks the gem. He cornered me on my way here.

Washu: Where is he?

Tokimi: I’m not sure. We did battle in the fourth dimension.

Washu’s laptop materialised and she began typing furiously.

Washu: Oh no! There’s a dimensional breach just outside of Saturn’s orbit. He’ll be here within the hour! Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka won’t be back for another hour and a half! We’ve got to stall him until they get back! (The holographic laptop was pushed away hastily as Washu stood up)

Sasami: We’ve got to tell Grandfather!

Washu: (Sasami’s hand is grabbed by her so she can bring the girl with her) Yes, Yosho’s our best chance!

Tokimi: Where’s the gem?

Washu: In a safe place! Let’s go! (Motioned furiously for all to exit her lab)

Tokimi and Tsunami dissipated. Washu and Sasami ran out of the lab to mobilise the family.

Back in the Time Saver…

Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka spent the next several weeks relaxing. On one particularly beautiful day whilst laying on the couch watching television, Ryoko tried to get Tenchi to reconsider his decision to rest until the remaining time had expired. Tenchi sat in the middle of the two girls with Ryoko on his right and Ayeka on his left.

Ryoko: Tenchi! Tomorrow’s the day we go back! Our whole future is riding on this duel. How do you know Yosho hasn’t developed any new techniques?

Tenchi: I’m sure he has Ryoko.

Ryoko: Then how can you be so calm, dammit! (She slapped her hand next to Tenchi,

her eyes riddled with worry.)

Tenchi: (He put his hands on Ryoko’s shoulders) Because I love you and Ayeka and I won’t let anything destroy our lives. I promise.

Ryoko: But … (She lowered her head and her arms gave way at his comforting touch)

Tenchi: Besides, it’d do me no good to have an enormous amount of power and be too tired to use it.

Ayeka: He has got a point there Ryoko. (She smiled reassuringly to the pirate)

Ryoko realised that there was no way to change Tenchi’s mind and so gave up.

Ryoko: (sighed) I suppose your right.

Tenchi: Come on, (He grabbed Ayeka and Ryoko around the waist and pulled them towards him) let’s enjoy our last day alone without the rest of the family.

Ayeka: They will hardly recognise you Tenchi. Do you want us to cut your hair before we go back? (She looked to Tenchi’s newfound hairstyle that accumulated throughout the year of being within the Time Saver)

Tenchi: Actually, leave it. I kind of like it this way.

Tenchi pulled out his ponytail and his hair fell down past his shoulders. Ryoko reached up and combed her fingers through it, straightening where it was rustled slightly.

Ryoko: Me too, it gives me something to grab on to. (She giggled mischievously)

Tenchi: Oh, you’re gonna get it!

Ryoko leapt up from the couch and ran away with Tenchi close behind her. Ayeka giggled and went chasing after Tenchi as well. All three laughing the whole while.

Back at the Masaki House…

30 Minutes remained until the stranger’s arrival

Washu: (She rapidly punched keys on her holotop in the front room) Mihoshi! Did you contact Misao for back up?

Mihoshi: I knew I would forget something.

Noike: (Pushed Mihoshi out of the way of her laptop) Never mind I’ll do it!

Washu: Noike, did you hear anything back from Seto?

Noike: No, I keep trying but I can’t get through.

Washu: It may already be too late.(her emerald eyes darted to the group) I’ve finished setting the traps (Her holotop disappeared) Sasami and I are going to the shrine to get Lord Katsuhito and Tennyo.

Noike: Where are Tenchi, Ayeka, and Ryoko?

Washu: It’s a long story but they won’t be here for another hour. We’ll have to hold him off until then. Let’s go Sasami!

Washu and Sasami left the house and headed up the mountain to the shrine.

Washu: Tokimi should have left the dimension by now so we’re on our own Sasami.

Sasami: Couldn’t we use her help?

Washu: Yes, but one of us can’t be here in case Tenchi doesn’t make it in time.

The two made it to the top of the steps and dashed to the shrine office.

Sasami: (shouted out) Grandpa! Help!

The door slammed open and Katsuhito stepped out.

Katsuhito: (Calmly) What’s the matter?

Washu: Lord Katsuhito, we need you and Tennyo, quickly! (Her voice fierce)

10 Minutes until arrival.

Tennyo: (Walked out of the office) What’s going on?

Washu: There’s no time! A being obsessed with becoming a god is on his way here to kill us all!

Up in the sky explosions began. Many waves of energy scattered in the clouds, dispersing them. The air began to show signs of molecular distortion; effectively distorting time and space around the entire Okinawa countryside. Red lights flashed in the sky as a loud metallic growling noise rang throughout the air.

Washu: (Quickly turned her head upward, her fists clenched and shaking) He’s here!

Tenyo: Where’s Tenchi? We’ll need his help.

Washu: No time to explain but he’s gonna be late. Everyone’s assembled down at

the house.

More explosions and blasts of energy followed and then the outline of a monstrous ship came into view. The outline looked much like pincers on a big tunnel-like formation. The sides had fins similar to the formations of the wooden wings the Juraian ships are made with.

Washu: Let’s go!

Washu headed down the hill taking three steps at a time. She’s followed closely by Tennyo, then Sasami, with Katsuhito at the end. They reached the front door of the

house where Noike and Mihoshi were outside in their uniforms with their pistols drawn.

Noike: Washu! I can’t get through to anyone! He’s knocked out our communications! (She aimed her pistol towards the ship)

Washu: Dammit!

Mihoshi: (Pointed up, as her sapphire eyes enlarged in fear) Look!

Everyone looked up to see a red orb traveling down to Earth from the spaceship. It settled about fifty feet from the group and a figure emerged.

?: Ah, so I see your sister told you I was coming, eh Washu?

Sasami: That’s him, Washu, the man from my dream! (She clung close to Washu almost instinctively)

Katsuhito: (Stepped forward and cleared his throat) And who might you be stranger?

Suddenly a beam shot from the stranger’s hand towards Katsuhito who deflected it with his incandescent shield instantly.

?: I see…I mistook you for a simple Earthling.(His lips curled into a smile from behind the black silhouette) I see now you’re anything but. Juraian, I dare guess. And with that disguise… an old one. Ah…it makes sense, you’re the long lost crowned prince.

I see Kagato could not finish you off. Too bad for such a good colleague to meet that bad of an end

Washu: What, you were a colleague of Kagato? Who are you, I don’t remember you.

?: Yes, he always was a fool. He was the scientific type, everything had an explanation. The moron actually thought himself to be a god. I knew better you see. While he wasted his time plundering the universe for useless artefacts, I delved into the mysteries of space and the Chousin energy itself.

Sasami: Kagato! That’s where I’ve seen your face before. You resemble him!

Washu: Of course, during his experiments Kagato always talked about finding a person with similar interests. (She gritted her teeth and faced this newfound enemy, her eyes on his)

?: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, yes, that sounds just like the arrogant, old fool. But he is dead and I’m alive so who’s silly now. During my travels I also happened to run into a young man with a scarred eye, had an obnoxiously long name as I recall.

Washu: Z! (Her footing slipped and she backs up, intimidated)

?: Ah, so you know him also. Give him my regards, after all it was he that told me of the existence of you and your sisters, Washu. Told me he would one day rule the galaxy. I had heard rumours before of an ancient weapon, bathed in the darkness of space that would make even the Gods themselves quiver, counter-actor energy courses in its very filaments, and now it finally makes sense. I had found the other swords on the other planets and in the other dimensions, however, Kagabe would activate them all. I will become a God and re-form my planet! I found an old, bearded acquaintance of yours, Washu, who was willing to part with anything that would lead to your demise.

Washu: Clay! I’ll kill that bastard!

?: No need, I’ve saved you the trouble.(smirked evilly) You should have seen the way he begged for mercy. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Katsuhito: Well you know us stranger, but I don’t think we got your name.

?: If it really matters, Garyu is the name of your doom. (He raised an arm from his cloak, a finger pointed at the group)

Noike: I’ve heard enough! Fire, Mihoshi!

Noike and Mihoshi fired until their guns were empty, but each shot just glances off their target. His shield was too powerful for a standard issue Galaxy Police sidearm to be able to penetrate it. Garyu merely scoffed at these feeble efforts.

Garyu: Now that wasn’t very nice! (Raised his right hand and sent out a force that knocked back Noike and Mihoshi)

Washu: Mihoshi! Noike! (Growled and turned her head to the villain) What do you want from us?

Garyu: I want to become the one that you and your sisters have searched for, Washu. I want to become the ultimate being, the god of gods. I want my planet restored to its former glory, and then to make it a perfect paradise. All I need is the gem. I know it’s here, where is it Washu?

Washu: No. You can’t have it! (Charged Garyu igniting her sword)

Washu’s overhand swing is blocked just inches in front of Garyu’s face with his own dark blade. She tried to free herself but she was in a form of stasis on account of the counter-actor energy emitting from the nearly completed blade.

Washu: It can’t be!(Her eyes widened in shock)

Garyu: Oh, but it can.

Garyu kneed Washu in the stomach then blasted her away from him, her red hair freed of its tie and flowed wildly as she plummeted into the ground. Blood dripped from her lip as she struggled to get up from that powerful hit.

Garyu: I’m disappointed, Washu. I thought fighting a god would prove a more difficult challenge.

Washu: Why don’t you stick around for a while. (Her expression turned violently fierce) I promise, you’ll get to see the power you desire.

Garyu: Who will show it to me? This old man, you, how about the young host of

Tsunami? (his eyes directed to each person as he called their names)

Tennyo: (stumbled up in front of the group, her stance steadfast) Tenchi will!

Garyu: Tenchi? Ah yes, the boy who defeated my old partner.

Tennyo: He defeated Z too.

Garyu: Did he now? (His eyebrow cocked)

Tennyo: Yes and he’ll defeat you! (Tennyo dashed towards Takeshi with lightning speed and threw a punch aimed for his face)

Washu: No! Tennyo! Wait!

Garyu caught Tennyo’s punch in his left hand and grabbed her by throat with his right.

Tennyo: Ahck! (pulled at his asphyxiating hand, frantically trying to yank it from her neck)

Garyu: You’re a feisty one,(He let out a short burst of laughter, in a deeper yet psychotic style) must be another Juraian. I’ll enjoy crushing you.

Katsuhito: Let her go! Fight me! (Katsuhito charged Garyu with an aerial barrage of strikes)

Garyu threw Tennyo aside, preparing to engage Katsuhito. Katsuhito punched and kicked at Garyu who dodged each attack effortlessly.

Garyu: You’ll have to do better than that old man! (His sword appeared and he sliced at Katsuhito who back flipped away. More flurries of strikes go back and forth, either missing or barely nicking each other.) I grow tired of this game! I’ll just kill you one by one until you tell me where the gem is, Washu! (Holding his right hand out he pointed towards Tenyo) I’ll start with the bitch there!

Garyu launched a giant ball of energy at a near unconscious Tennyo. Katsuhito rushed towards her, his eyes on the energy blast that was fired. As he closed in, the blast follows. The wisps of heat flickered along Yosho’s body like huge gusts of wind.

Sasami: Tennyo! Grandfather! (Reached to them but Washu holds her back)

Katsuhito lunged in front of Tenyo and took the blast.

Sasami: No! (Tears ran down her face and she screamed out)

The dust cleared to show Katsuhito breathing heavy. His glasses were cracked and blood ran down his head. His outfit was completely torn and ashen grey. He coughed and some blood spurted out.

Katsuhito: (Breathing weakening) Ha … is … that all … you’ve … got?

Katsuhito fell face down, too weak to stand. Garyu stepped towards Tennyo slowly and confidently.

Garyu: You’re tougher than I thought old man. Most would have been obliterated by that blast. (Rolled him over with the heel of his boot) Oh well, too bad your sacrifice will amount to nothing.

Garyu recreated his sword from its hilt and looked down at Tenyo. Her eyes brimmed with tears as her frozen arms prevented her from scrambling away.

Garyu: Sorry for the delay my dear, now you can die. (His lip curled into a cold smirk)

The dark warrior brought his sword down. Tenyo closed her eyes, waiting for the blow, but then something rushed from behind her and hit Garyu with enough force that it fired him over fifty meters into the lake. Steam formed from the friction of the speed of which he flew.

Garyu: Ahhhhhhhhhhh! (Splashed into the lake)

?: You okay sis?

Tennyo: (Opened her eyes and saw that Tenchi was holding her. Tears ran from her eyes) Oh

Tenchi, I knew you’d come!

Tenchi: Hope I’m not too late. (His compassionate eyes quickly darted down to the lake)

Tennyo: No, but Grandpa … (She looked towards Katsuhito lying on the ground)

Tenchi: (His eyes dart to his elder instantly) Grandpa!

Tenchi gently placed Tennyo on the ground, then sprinted over to Katsuhito and dropped to his knees. He rolled Katsuhito over on his back.

Tenchi: Grandpa! (shook him a bit)

Katsuhito: You’re… late…Tenchi…

Tenchi: ( Moisture gathered in his eyes) I know. I’m sorry, Grandpa.

Katsuhito: Tenchi…the…power…to…defeat…him…is in…the…Master…Key…

Tenchi: But the Light hawk Sword is more powerful. (He bit his lip, his hands shook with anger and sadness)

Katsuhito: No…it holds great power…release it…release…hurrrrrr…

Tenchi: Grandpa?

Katsuhito:… (his eyes closed slowly)

Tenchi: (Tears streamed freely down his face) Grandpaaaaaa!

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yosho24
      I absolutely love reading these. Cant wait for the next one, keep up the good work!
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Thank you, Yosho24 ^^. I have another chapter underway so stay tuned. lol
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      This chapter centers on the introduction of a new villain, aiming to take down the three goddesses and attain his own godhood.

Here, the dynamic of the story drastically changes. While the last couple of chapters have been the main trio of Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka, attention now turns to the other members of the household thrown into a conflict they seemingly cannot handle. Character after character attempt to either get help or face the new menace, only to be denied contact with allies or to be swatted aside like mere pests. Notably, Tsunami appears to discuss the situation briefly with her sisters, but then does not interfere when people start falling by the wayside. I am curious as to her inaction during this sequence, perhaps not to draw danger to Sasami.

However, this sets up the scale of the threat that the villain, Garyu, poses. The name and general description of the foe is clearly taken from Okuda’s NNFT story arc in Volumes 11 and 12, and he does seem to retain the basic backstory of the prince of the dead planet Oku II. However, he does seem to have a more maniacal slant, as well as knowledge and encounters with other previous OVA continuity antagonists. Admittedly, the reader does not see much of his character here aside from demonstrations of power, boasts, and demands. Perhaps once Tenchi engages him, he might show other facets of himself beyond slapping aside other characters.

While Garyu did chew some scenery and costars, he did represent something the series as a whole has sorely lacked of late, a viable threat. He came to Earth with a purpose and will kill whatever is in his way, be they god or mortal. That kind of singleminded, malicious intent has not been in this continuity really since Kagato. The goddesses fear him, Katsuhito gets smacked down by him, and let’s not even bother with Mihoshi and Noike’s futility. In actuality, he has the stage, just waiting for his adversary to arrive, Vegeta waiting for his Kakarot.

Likewise, the “gem” and the blade he wields were mentioned again, but not heavily discussed since the combat and fear were running high. Understandably, details of these should be forthcoming once the action calms down a bit.

Also, bravo on the parallelism to Universe episode 23. Katsuhito takes a dive much like he did against Universe Kagato, and Washu substitutes for Ryoko. Even Mihoshi and Noike can be compared to the knights getting shrugged off. I did like the Tennyo was more proactive than Ayeka in this comparison, but needless to say, she serves as the damsel. The similarity drives even to Tenchi holding Katsuhito as the old man urges him to use the Tenchiken key. I approve.

ookamilord
      Participant
      i love it i nearly cried at the end. it hit a little close to home with the whole gramps almost dying thing considering like tenchi i am also close to my gramps. but i still like just the same
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.