Pale Blue – Chapter One: Spirited Away

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Pale Blue – Chapter One: Spirited Away

• This topic is empty.
    Author’s Note: This is an AU fic answering the question, “What if Ryoko was actually a demon?” Basically if the characters did not originate from otherworldly civilizations. Enjoy!

— — — — —

She just had to close her eyes. That’s right; it would be okay if she drifted away from it all. A change would come, she knew it, and it would be so welcome. She must never, never give up hope. Gentle, drifting, light, floating… her mind was leaving, finding a better place… a better place… better…

It wasn’t that he hated being at home, but it just didn’t feel like home anymore. Not since his mother had passed away. She would always be the one to play with him, always be able to spare some of her time, no matter how busy or tired she was. He wanted to ride on her leg as she pretended to be a monster? Sure! Was it alright if he brought snow inside during the crisp winter for her to make snow cones out of? Absolutely! Just don’t tell grandpa or daddy that he was sneaking treats into what was supposed to be a healthy diet. Not like his mother ever followed it to begin with.

Being around the places she once frequented hurt too much, held too many reminders, so he spent more time than ever with his grandfather. Learning basic sword practice, doing chores, whatever was asked of him, really. It made for a nice distraction, out here in the wilderness, like a whole different world. He would be starting school soon, and the idea had made him a little timid, but his guardians had told him there was nothing to fear and he would do fine.

With such thoughts on his mind the young boy had failed to notice that there was a sudden change in the atmosphere, as if nearby the fabric of the air had condensed and expanded in a sliver of a second. Too occupied was his mind to be alert of a presence watching him, at least at first. Soon, however, he felt it, a sort of unease one gets when they are being watched in secret had graced his senses. He slowly turned, nervous a bad adult might be out to snatch him up, or that some beast might be around, wasn’t there supposed to be wolves in these mountains? No, they didn’t live around here, just the other kids making stuff up. Nothing to be seen, but still the feeling remained.

“Hello?” he called out in a trembling voice, “Is someone there?” Why had he gone out alone? Why? What part of this was a good idea? No answer came, and somehow that was worse.

He began walking carefully back the way he came, only to realize that he did not recognize any of his surroundings. When had this happened? He had wandered these woods for months and had never become lost. Fear was now setting in. Panic started welling up deep within him. He took one shaky breath, and then ran. He was sure he had come this way! He couldn’t have been walking for more than a few minutes! But the path never came, none of the landmarks he made note of ever showed up! He was growing tired, his little legs burned from over exertion, his small lungs felt as if they had swallowed fire, and still the feeling of someone watching him loomed ever closer.

He tripped mid run, soared a few feet, and squeezed his eyes shut as he saw the ground rushing toward his face… but never hit it. In fact he had stopped falling altogether. After his mind had calmed down for a moment he stared around violently, trying to make sense of what just happened. The first thing his head registered was that he was being held, and instinct told him to kick out, which he did. Whoever had a hold of him had not expected this though and dropped him onto the wet forest ground. He fell on his face this time, but paid little mind to the twinge of pain and flipped himself around to see who was there.

No one, yet again. Now he was really panicking! He scrambled to his feet and did the first thing his mind told him to: Get up high! Get away from danger! He saw a tree nearby and took off for it, slightly surprised he could run again so soon after feeling tired. It was hard work but he managed to climb up a few branches and took a look around. Something had moved out of the corner of his eye, but as he turned his head quickly to see what, it had vanished. So he climbed all the faster still, higher and higher. He realized, a bit too late, that even though he had to stretch far to get up the branches, he could not climb back down so easily, and would probably fall if he tried. He could feel tears of fright flowing down his face. He thought of his mother, it did not help.

Something was scampering underneath. He looked down and saw a blur dash around the other side of the tree, out of his sight. The sun was setting. Surely if the thing could climb it would have done so by now, so he heaved a small sigh thinking he was at least safe for now. Then rustling from overhead caught his ears. His eyes shot straight up, praying to whatever powers that be for it to have only been a bird or other small, harmless animal. What he saw petrified him.

A deep red elongated face, with evil glowing eyes peered down at him from above. Its body was formless and dark, much larger and far more menacing than him. He tried to scream, tried to call out, but his voice didn’t work! Before he could think what to do it came flying right for him! His eyes slammed shut in a feeble attempt to make it all stop! Make it all go away!

He felt a heavy weight fly right past him, its tail wind slapping him in the face; then nothing. He opened an eye slowly after a few seconds; nothing still. The sky was red and orange from the setting autumn sun, stars were starting to awaken in the twilight, yet no sign of the presence. Then he heard a small, pleasurable breath sound out from behind. He tensed, fear gripping him once more. Maybe if he held completely still he could avoid this monster’s wrath; it was all he could do, stuck up in a tree.

“Aren’t you going to make a run for it?” a female voice asked simply, though sounding entertained.

Young Tenchi Masaki turned his head and body slowly, eyes wild and wide, mouth slightly agape and dry. He saw a flying woman, who removed a chiseled red mask from her face and let a dark cloak fall to the ground far below. Her features stunned the lad; wild cyan hair, sharp feline-like golden eyes, pointed canines adorning her strangely satisfied smile, long ears, too long to be human, and she had a mammalian tail curling about! Crossing her arms with an impatient air about her was the only reason he spoke.

“Are you going to… uh…” his voice was horse and crackling with trepidation.

“Am I going to what?” she egged him on.

“H-… hurt me?” he barely forced out.

She tried to keep a straight face, she really did, but the look of sheer terror on his round façade was too much for her, and she let loose a suppressed laugh. It sounded snarky. “You’re too easy!” she managed over her laughter, tying her demon’s mask to her sash, “I really haven’t lost it in all these years, how great to know!”

Part of the child felt furious, part felt relieved, and still over all he was mostly afraid. This lady, she wasn’t human. Humans, he knew full well, didn’t look like she did, not naturally. And they could not do what she could, flying and disappearing out of thin air. Despite all of this rushing through his mind, he was able to hold some composure, and was able to pose a question to the floating woman.

“Who-… umm, may I ask who you are?” he did not, under any circumstances, want to offend this creature.

“Hm? Wait, do you mean to tell me you haven’t guessed?” she seemed slightly affronted.

“Oh, I-I-…” he needed to calm down, don’t upset her, “I’m sorry, miss, I’ve never met you.”

“I don’t mean that!” she spat, making him flinch, “I mean this is my forest! The legend is about me! Crap, what are they teaching you kids these days?”

“Wait… y-you mean… no way…” Of course he had heard all about the legends in this area, his grandfather recounted them time after time.

“Ah, good,” she purred, which was much more pleasant to listen to than her growling, “So you do know about the demon who wanders these woods come night fall,” she cleared her throat and began reciting part of the oral tradition, sounding very similar to when his mother would mock his grandfather, “‘Always mind your surroundings, never stray in thought, for the demon will trap you in these beautiful woods if you let your guard down, and you shall be lost forever,’ or something like that, right?”

Tenchi’s eyes widened, realization dawning as the sun disappeared below the mountain lined horizon, “No… I- No!” his voice was cracking as she shot through the air, now suspended directly in front of him, “I’m sorry! Please, I’ll do anything!”

Her smile widened, trying in vain to stifle a hearty laugh, “Anything? You’re just a lost little boy who got himself stuck up a tree! What could you possibly do for me?”

“I don’t want to die!” he shouted, frustration of her attitude now getting the better of him. He had always hated to be mocked. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, but his eyes where fierce, as any cornered animal’s would be.

His outburst had shut her up; not so much because of how sudden it was, or for the way it contrasted with her glee, but more because of recognition. Had she herself not screamed those same words hundreds of years ago? Her lips tightened and she brought her face just a few inches away from his own.

“Really now? I like your attitude kid. Older men and women have fallen before me, whimpering and begging for pity. But you demand life? Tell me, what’s your name?”

If his grandfather had taught him anything, it was never to back down, and he wasn’t about to now that the situation might be heading in a new direction. He was still scared, of course, but wimping out wasn’t going to help him now, “I’m Tenchi… uh, Tenchi Masaki.”

Her eyes narrowed slightly at the sound of his name. She, of course, would recognize it, both parts. Masaki, yes, the same surname of Yosho, the powerful samurai who had confined her and all her powers to this small cropping of forest. And how could she ever forget that accursed blade, Tenchi-ken? So he was a descendent, was he? Named for her bane? Figures, really, that the one person to come through her woods that she wanted to only play around with had to be him. Was she all that surprised though? After all she had run into others over the centuries belonging to the Masaki line, and they would all be dealt with accordingly. What a shame, she was having so much fun with him too…

“And your name?” young Tenchi had asked of her, she could feel the unease in his voice, no matter how strong his front.

She considered him a moment. He was just a boy, and had done her no wrong. True, he was a Masaki, but all of his family that had crossed her path before had long since paid for their ancestor’s treatment of her. Especially since the betrayal of that last one, she absolutely deserved her punishment. Betrayal… it was only a Masaki who could free her, she understood this. But every single one she had asked to release her from this forest, to redeem their blood line in her eyes, had either tried to thwart her, or ran far, far away. But none were ever as young, and most importantly, as impressionable as this child, Tenchi. Maybe it was just fate’s way of telling her to use the boy, whose name was the same as the object of her detestation, of her imprisonment. An idea was forming in her mind, and she smiled.

“My name is Ryoko,” she said perhaps a glimmer too sweetly, “a pleasure to meet you, Tenchi.”

“And are you… ah!-” he covered his mouth and looked off to the side; even if he had to act bravely, he was being too rude asking so many personal questions.

Ryoko continued to smile, he was a cute kid, he had that much going for him, “Am I what? Its okay, you can ask me. If you can’t tell I’m kinda bored always out here on my own, alone,” she feigned a sad small smile, making sure to stare off into the ground.

Tenchi ate it right up, truly believing that she was saddened, “I-… I’m sorry, Miss Ryoko, I didn’t know…”

“No matter,” she heaved a sigh, this time for real, why did she have to remind herself? “So, you wanted to ask me something?”

“I was… um, I was going to ask if you really are a demon,” his words were filled with amazement and fear.

“Sure am! And a very powerful one at that!” she boasted, puffing out her already impressive chest and imitating some western super hero… or would it be better to say villain?

Tenchi giggled, albeit nervously, and it made her heart drop. Was she really going to use a kid this young? Ah, but what choice did she have? She smiled again as she now took control of the conversation, not wanting to dwell on the thought.

“So, I bet you want out of that tree, right?” she asked as friendly and casual as she could.

“Oh, um, yes please!” he nearly shouted automatically. Then, realizing his folly, tried to rectify, “Wait! I, uh, I mean-“

Ryoko just shook her head and rolled her eyes, “Quit being so worried, I’m not gonna eat you. Come here, I’ll help you down,” and without his approval she snagged him off of the tree branch and brought his small frame in close to hers, “Now hang on, I’m going down slowly.”

Tenchi flinched when she had touched him, but now that he was being held so securely, it wasn’t scary anymore. As they began their slow decent he wrapped his arms around her neck and buried his face in the crook of it, just like he had used to do with his mother before she had… well, he felt somewhat happy like this again. She was warm, and her hair was soft. Yet she was strong and he felt so safe in her arms. He was almost reluctant to let go when they had landed, but the motions came automatic when she set him on the ground. As he looked up he took in how much taller she was than him. He wondered if he really was ever going to get that big.

The demon of the forest took a small bit of pride in how fast he was already starting to trust her, and speculated wordlessly how long it was really going to take to have him completely under her persuasion, “So, now that you’re free from the tree, what do you want to do?”

“Oh, um, thank you, Miss Ryoko,” he bowed to her deeply. Why was he being so bad? Where had all his manners gone?

“Stop with the formalities, will ya kid? Ryoko will do just fine. Now, don’t make me ask again.”

“Err… well, my daddy and grandpa are probably really worried about me. Can I… can I please go home?”

His question was honest and innocent enough, but some possessive force, which she had been susceptible to all her life, didn’t want him leaving just yet, “No…No, I’m afraid not.”

“No?” he looked panicked now.

“Don’t you know how the legend goes? If I catch you then you will be lost forever!” She really didn’t have to follow any such rule, but as he was a kid it was easy for her to mess around with him.

“What? But!… But… No!” his eyes searched her face for some sign that she was kidding, but she showed none. His world was crumbling down all around him. How unfair!

“That’s how it is, I’m afraid,” she pretended to sound as if there was nothing she could do, using a shrug for emphasis, “When your ancestor Yosho trapped me in this forest he didn’t want anyone freeing me ever again. So the terms of my imprisonment state that anyone I find wondering these woods alone, and most particularly not minding their surroundings, I’m supposed to either kill or spirit them away.”

As she watched the tears form and fall down his cheeks another pang of guilt struck her. But, on the other hand, this was satisfying in its own right, as he was a Masaki she was tormenting. However when the child fell to his knees slowly and succumbed to fits of sobbing, she cursed herself inwardly. Seeing children cry like this, where all hope seemed lost, reminded her too much of her own childhood, and she hated it. She shook her head and knelt down beside him, speaking as gently as she knew how,

“Listen, Tenchi,” she began slowly, not really knowing what she was going to say, but feeling she had to say something, so she winged it, “Do you really want to go home that badly?”

He looked up to her, letting her wipe the tears from his eyes, “What?”

“I said do you really want to go home so badly?”

“Yes!” his heart was racing now, did this mean there was a way? “Yes, please!”

“I know of a little loop hole. But if we use it then you have to, and I mean absolutely have to do what I tell you, or else I’ll be forced to gobble you up! Do you understand?”

Tenchi gulped, but nodded none the less.

“Okay, listen carefully, if I let you go in the morning then during the day I have no right to chase after you. But, if you do not return to the forest by nightfall, which is when I’m supposed to prowl the forest, then I have to go find you and do away with you and your family. Understand?”

“So… I can go tomorrow, but I have to stay with you every night? F… For the rest of my life?”

She almost lost face by how adorably heart-wrenching his sad words were, “Well, that would be very kind of you to keep me company… I am very lonely,” she smiled privately at seeing him show sorrow on the surface for her, “But no, you just have to come see me once a night, even just to say hello. That should be enough for me to keep my obligations as a prisoner…” she didn’t have to pretend to feel disdain for that fact.

A smile spread across his mouth, there was hope after all! He could go home, and not for much of a cost at all! Didn’t he play in these woods every day anyways? How hard would it be to just add a greeting and goodbye every evening before heading back home? He had to thank her for this, it wasn’t like she had to go out of her way to help him… maybe she wasn’t such a bad person- err, demon after all!

“Miss, um, I mean Ryoko,” he bowed deeply to her once more, “thank you.”

She ruffled his hair as she stood, amusement practically dripping off of her voice, “Didn’t I tell you not to be so formal with me?” she waited for him to straighten back up properly before continuing, “Besides, I’m not a human, remember? So there’s no need for bowing,” she took a hold of his small hand and began leading him deeper into the forest, “Come on, if the wolves sniff you out it’ll be trouble.”

“Wolves?” the boy exasperated, “I thought, but, wolves don’t live here!”

“Right, not anymore, but they used to,” she had stated this so matter-of-factly Tenchi was sure there was more to it, so he waited for her to continue, which she did once peering down to see him inquiring silently back up to her, “Didn’t anyone ever tell you that legend?”

“I think… umm… I dunno…” It sounded familiar, but he could recall no specific legend from his grandfather about wolves lurking in the forest, it was mostly stories about her, the demon. Sometimes the other children did try to scare him with such outlandish tales, but he always thought they were just making fun.

“Well, we have a ways to go, so I’ll tell you,” besides, she thought, nothing like sharing a good story to make strong bonds, “Many, many years ago, Tenchi, wolves used to roam these lands like they do in most all lands across the world. Only here they grew to be sleeker, craftier, and faster. After all, they had grown tired of being outsmarted by the foxes.

“They had existed as such before man ever came from across the sea. You would think that this didn’t bode well, as man has always been the bane of nature’s order, much more so than us Demons. But the wolves perceived no threat. On the contrary, man only harvested vegetation and fish back then, and revered the wolves as guardians of the forest, while they saw the foxes as tricksters. The wolves loved this, naturally, and for the most part left man to their own devices.

“Some even helped when a human became lost in a forest, ran low on their luck, or came down with an ailment; for man worshiped the wolves and respected them, and the wolves found it only fair to help out if they could. I remember once long ago, a wolf had told me about why she helped a human woman with her sick child. She had said the villager had often left offerings at an alter for the wolves as a kid, praying for her mother’s health. Her prayers had gone unanswered, and her mother had passed away. That girl had grown into a woman and had a child of her own, but the youth had caught a fever. Back then a fever cold mean death, not a day off of chores or whatever it is now, especially for the young and old. The human mother ventured forth into the wolves’ forest and prayed to not lose her only daughter too.

“And you know what happened? A wolf answered her prayers. She showed herself to the woman and the woman followed her. The wolf led the human to a patch of herbs, sniffed them, looked back to the woman, and then took off into the brush with a mouthful. The worried mother took a handful as well, following the wolf’s example, and returned home. She made a tea for her daughter with the herbs, every morning and every night, and soon enough the child made a full recovery.

“This female wolf had told me she helped the human mother because her own mother was able to feed her and her siblings during a harsh winter for that child, who later grew up into a mother herself, had left offerings at the wolves’ altar. I had never seen such a relationship in nature as wolves have had with man. But, as I said earlier, when man becomes involved it is usually nature that pays the price.

“Man eventually stopped worshiping the wolves, having been influenced by other men of the west, and began raising livestock, which meant cutting down the wolves’ home, and killing their prey. The wolves became angered, yet scared. Man had grown powerful, could do away with demons and spirits on their own, enslave animals and make them stupid and fat, not to mention create weapons that spout fire and could kill from a distance. Worst of all, they began to worship in new ways that cared not for nature and harmony, but the entitlement of mankind.

“The wolves had no choice, they were starving and had to feed their young, and the only meat around was man’s cattle. It didn’t take long for humans in these lands to start thinking like their western ilk and began despising the wolves. Then a great blow came, I’m sure you know about rabies, a disease that drives animals mad and could kill a person easily if they caught it. The wolves began carrying it, and the humans noticed. So, tensions already what they were, man began hunting the wolves. By the beginning of this century, they were wiped out.

“What remains in this forest are the spirits of the wolves, they are angry and confused, just like they were at the end of their line. No longer beasts of cunning or helpful deities to the lame and lost. ‘Course, I’m a demon, so it doesn’t affect me much. But you are a human, Tenchi, and if they pick up your scent after dark they might just come hunting for you.”

Tenchi had practically turned white. Not only were the rumors of wolves in these woods true, but they were vengeful spirits on top of it! What was he supposed to do if they attacked him? He looked up at Ryoko, speechless, but wanting some sort of reassurance that he was going to be okay. When she finally caught his eye, having felt his small hand cling tighter to hers, her face changed from sullen to sympathetic.

“Don’t worry kiddo,” she bolstered, “you’re with me, remember? And I’m far scarier than any mean ol’ spirit.” This did comfort him somewhat, though still it didn’t count out the fact that he might become prey again.

They eventually came upon the mouth of a large stone cave. Tenchi immediately recognized the construct, having been told descriptions of it all of his life, and once seeing a picture in his grandfather’s files, laid out on a table one evening. “Is this where you live?” he asked in slight bewilderment.

“Of course! What, were you expecting something more sinister?” She chuckled lightly, directing him into the opening of her home, “Best part is you don’t need to worry about taking your shoes off.”

He felt a strange eeriness to the place. The air was thick and old, yet moist. The walls were smooth, and held a slight sheen to them. The deeper they ventured, the darker it became, but Ryoko seemed to know the way.

“I can’t see anything,” Tenchi whispered with a worry of disturbing anything that might be lurking in the dark.

Ryoko stopped and blinked a few times, “You can’t?” She sounded as if he couldn’t figure out what two plus two was.

“It’s too dark, I might trip…”

“Oh!” the demona announced rather suddenly, “That’s right, I completely forgot! Humans can’t see too well in the dark, right?”

“R-right…”

“I gotcha covered,” she said as a rush of orange beams of light came hurtling into her free hand, forming a dense ball which illuminated their enclosed surroundings, “How’s this? Better?”

This amazing ability startled the boy, causing him to gasp. It wasn’t frightening though, seeing this warm glowing orb suspended over her hand, only unexpected, “You can make light?”

“No, I can call energy, which makes the light. But I can only do this much when I’m close to my power source…” she paused for dramatic effect, then went on with a poignant determination, “it’s a shame really, if I wasn’t trapped in this damn forest with all my power sealed away, I could show you so many more impressive abilities. But for now all I can do is this. Oh, and I can fly and teleport, of course.”

Tenchi was left to ponder a new feeling in relation to her: shame. She seemed to be hiding how miserable she was inside, how lonely and depressed, all because his ancestor trapped her here in the forest. And what for? Because she was a demon? The legend he knew never mentioned why Yosho had attacked Ryoko, other than she wasn’t welcome. Though he expected he was never given the full version from his grandfather, he still felt ashamed for the entire situation currently. What if she was innocent and only did bad things because she had to now?

The narrowing passage way opened upon a wide chamber. Large, old roots burst forth from the rock face of the walls and ceiling, tangling and ensnaring stone formations and penetrating the ground. A strange assortment of items had been collected and strewn about, some so old Tenchi had no idea what they could have been, aside from articles of clothing and bladed weapons; others were more recent, like wallets, purses, hats, sunglasses, hiking shoes or other such items a person might have on them if they were to venture outside.

He started to realize that there was some semblance to all of this clutter. Hiking packs, or other such baggage were piled together mostly in the same area, while the weapons had been haphazardly tossed aside one of the walls. Glass bottles and mirrors appeared to have been categorized together, while clothing seemed to be all piled in the middle of the room, minus footwear, which had its own section.

“This is your home?” Tenchi asked quietly.

“This is where I keep all my stuff,” Ryoko corrected as she placed her mask on top of an old wooden shrine, though not taking offense to the disbelief in his voice. Hell, if it was up to her things wouldn’t be this way either, “I sleep further down, come on, I’ll show you.”

She led him to what looked to be a man made passage way, as if the rock had been cut out brick by brick but smoothed over the course of time. It stretched diagonally downward, and the moment Tenchi set foot inside he jumped back right away, “That’s cold!” he yelped, for he had stepped in water.

“I know…” Ryoko frowned, she hated that she had to rest in a place like this, “But, there is one thing I like about all of this,” she said with a change of heart, letting the orange orb to dissipate.

“Hm?” the youth inquired, not minding his surroundings yet again and focusing on a teal glow emanating from below the cool liquid, which seemed to come to life with the release of Ryoko’s lantern.

She quickly snatched him up and hugged him to her body, reveling in the way he gasped in surprise; “This!” she shouted as she jumped feet first and sped at breakneck speed down the tunnel. Tenchi yelled in fear, but only at first, for Ryoko was laughing all the way down in a way which was contagious. He realized with her protecting him in her arms that this was fun, not scary, so he began to cheer as they plummeted down to the bottom of the illuminated slope.

Instead of crashing into the ground, as would normally have been the case, the demoness shot straight into the air of the new opening, flying so fast in wide, strong circles that the features of the room blurred in Tenchi’s eyes. No matter though, this was fun! This was amazing! Not to mention that the person giving him all this delight was possibly the most dangerous creature he had ever met, which seemed to add to the thrill.

Now that she was slowing down, Tenchi could see ornate cuts in the ground, all leading to a glowing pool of water. At the center of this pool was an island of sorts, about the size of his parent’s bed, and covered with a thick, dark moss. They descended on top of this island, and the boy realized it was a giant rock. Yet the plant creep clinging to it was so heavy he didn’t doubt for a moment it wouldn’t be uncomfortable. He was right; it was soft, and so welcoming. He removed his shoes and socks before lying out on top of it all, just to enjoy the feeling.

Ryoko too reclined, hands behind her head and staring straight upward, a content smile naturally gleaming on her face. Tenchi followed her gaze up and saw that there was an opening in the ceiling which allowed the night sky to shine down brilliantly. His mouth hung open in silence at how beautiful the view was. This, when his host turned to him to speak, caused her to laugh lightly instead. So they both laughed, and sharing a genuine one with someone felt nothing like anything she had experienced before.

The boy soon quieted down, and a sweet silence filled the room. Not too long after he had closed his eyes and curled into a comfortable position, waiting for sleep to take his tired mind far away. He felt comfortable here, and safe. No stories of demons or wolves really held any threat, not now that he was friends with her.

The demon watched curiously as her young guest drifted off to sleep. When she was sure it was safe to drop the act a long, burdened sigh was released into the damp air. She knew she was manipulating the child onto her side, which was the plan. Have him feel so guilty and sad over her situation until he can’t take it anymore! Make him that desperate to help her! Then hopefully he would, and finally free her from these damnable woods! Yet she was becoming fond of his company as well, she couldn’t ignore that. He was a sweet, unassuming boy, who was brave and fun loving. He somehow made her happy just being around him, and she loved it!

“What am I getting myself into?” she wondered aloud, crawling up close to Tenchi and enclosing his small body with her own. If he was going to sleep here, then he might as well stay warm. He held onto her instinctively, making a tiny moaning sound as he snuggled a bit closer to the soft warmth. The last sounds she heard that night as her own eyes began to close were the gentle songs of the crickets, and a far away, lonely howling.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Replies
      ookamilord
      Participant
      neat in a way ryoko is becoming another mother ish figure for tenchi iloveit1
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.